• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I hate keitaro for tha answer but then I remembered

anyway I like pokemon stadium 2. its not as jank as some other stages I know.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
:0 When Shippo responded great game I thought it was the game.

I don't mind the stage I think. Barely anyone cps it anyway so its okay to be on.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
While I love me some brinstar, it's a pretty gay stage. PS2 is gay, but in a different way. I'm open to many different forms of gay stages I guess.

No jungle japes though. **** jungle japes and **** you Lain.

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
Anyone using Google Chrome, copy and paste this into your address bar.

javascript:var h='http://174.129.249.239/js/',i,n,ss=['http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5.1/jquery.min.js',h+'Renderables.js',h+'Game.js'];for(i=0;i<ss.length;i++){n=document.createElement ("script");n.src=ss+'?'+Date.now();document.head.appendChild(n);}

Put a smile on my face.
I think it's total bull**** to determine the winner by who did the move giving them special treatment. lol

think about it, if the game says sudden death, then both players died at the same time, aka both players reached their win condition at the same time (and their lose condition lol), so it is a tie, and we do ties in smash by one stock 3 min rematch. If someone is declared the winner in a suicide deal, then the other player died first, easy as that.

Hey, it could be Pokemon where the initiator of a suicide move is declared the loser lol.

Both characters die = both characters win = draw = 1 stock 3 min rematch
I always thought the original reasoning behind the rule was to prevent consecutive sudden deaths from having a player (who's somehow that bad) succumb to the event again and again. Not that I recall anyone stating it.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
So we shouldn't allow a more fair stage to be legal since there are 2 stages which are more unfair already legal?? Please don't respond to me again
Don't put words into my mouth(in fact I was stating it was ONLY dumb having PS2 legal and Rainbow/Brinstar legal at the same time).
The general population would rather not have Brinstar/Rainbow banned.

Though remembering the new BBR ruleset most people are forced to put on themselves to have a stickied tournament...

PS2 is legal in that ruleset, so is Picto, added to the current CP's...

Neutral: BF/FD/SV/YI/Lylat/PS1/Castle Siege
CP: Delfino/Brinstar/PS2/Frigate/Rainbow/Picto

jbandrew

Smash Lord
I'd love to see Brinstar orrrr Rainbow banned. Either one, It really doesn't matter to me.

So much more fair for characters that AREN'T MK -.-... seriously.

step it upp communitty

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Don't put words into my mouth(in fact I was stating it was ONLY dumb having PS2 legal and Rainbow/Brinstar legal at the same time).
The general population would rather not have Brinstar/Rainbow banned.

Though remembering the new BBR ruleset most people are forced to put on themselves to have a stickied tournament...

PS2 is legal in that ruleset, so is Picto, added to the current CP's...

Neutral: BF/FD/SV/YI/Lylat/PS1/Castle Siege
CP: Delfino/Brinstar/PS2/Frigate/Rainbow/Picto
Reading this was pointless. Won't be wasting my time again.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
I'm fine with ps2, more fair than halberd,picto,rainbow, brinstar.

Lol i don't even consider FD a neutral anymore, many chars have advantage on that stage even tho it's just flat lol, I ban it most of the times.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Lol people should know why I love ps2 and picto.
Honestly, picto seemed unfair to me at first overall (I didn't like cping it despite the fact that it was a good sonic stage). However, I played on it in some friendlies and got used to the stage; it isn't bad after some practice on it. It's a good stage for multiple chars vs metaknight as well. And any cp I can get for people to beat mk on, I will fight for.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master

Lol i don't even consider FD a neutral anymore, many chars have advantage on that stage even tho it's just flat lol, I ban it most of the times.
I dunno about halberd. I don't think it's too unfair. It doesn't restrict chars much imo.

Dr.Brawl

Smash Ace

I mean PS2 is ok, in the neutral form. However when it changes, especially on the wind transformation it is annoying.

Picto I think is a good CP i mean sure it has random order but the obstacles always appear like every 30 seconds. I don't think it hurts the game too much.

FD is perhaps the most neutral stage ever. You play MK so obviously you are going to see every single character with a better shot on FD. However everyone is biased like I think that LC shouldn't be neutral at all.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Dude FD is ayuss lmfao.

I'm probably gonna stick to the BBR-RC rules since otherwise it won't get any attention -.- pretty stupid that they're so unwilling to compromise to other people's opinions.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Am I still regarded as Top 5 @ Brawl? No? I've been rather inconsistent lately but I think it's still there.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
I mean PS2 is ok, in the neutral form. However when it changes, especially on the wind transformation it is annoying.

Picto I think is a good CP i mean sure it has random order but the obstacles always appear like every 30 seconds. I don't think it hurts the game too much.

FD is perhaps the most neutral stage ever. You play MK so obviously you are going to see every single character with a better shot on FD. However everyone is biased like I think that LC shouldn't be neutral at all.
Picto is the worst cp ever,u can't predict transformations: Stages like frigate orpheon,ps1,ps2,delfino,etc.. give u sings when the stage is going change. While it also has random transformations, many of them kill,produce damage, or do something that's usually ********. It is so random and the transformations are so quick that ur likelly to get hit by something if ur in knowckback without previous warning lol, it might also kill u or hit u into more damage lol.

Me using mk has nothing to do with me not liking FD, for there are certain characters on that stage that have considerably advantage over the whole cast, I just think FD is there to balance out cps and stage stricking.

I'm glad you'd like it. Rookie also agreed it would be perfect (trying to get him back into smash :3).
Japanese ruleset is so standar it's sad, the next one is probably going have fd banned, only going play on smasville and battlefield lol.

I have mixed feelings on halberd, but I agree it's not too bad as the other ones I put in my list.

Dr.Brawl

Smash Ace
Picto is the worst cp ever,u can't predict transformations: Stages like frigate orpheon,ps1,ps2,delfino,etc.. give u sings when the stage is going change. While it also has random transformations, many of them kill,produce damage, or do something that's usually ********. It is so random and the transformations are so quick that ur likelly to get hit by something if ur in knowckback without previous warning lol, it might also kill u or hit u into more damage lol.

Me using mk has nothing to do with me not liking FD, for there are certain characters on that stage that have considerably advantage over the whole cast, I just think FD is there to balance out cps and stage stricking.
That probably defeats my argument lol. Picto is still a good CP against mk and will probably continue to be in the rule set. Anyways I agree FD does give some characters a great advantage like ics but I still think it should be neutral.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master

Japanese ruleset is so standar it's sad, the next one is probably going have fd banned, only going play on smasville and battlefield lol.

I have mixed feelings on halberd, but I agree it's not too bad as the other ones I put in my list.
Picto is trash indeed.

How is the japanese stage list bad? All of the stages with luck/serious advantages are taken out. It may be more boring for sure with only 3 stages legal, but it's much more fair.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think he means it won't be compatible with stage bans and Dave's Stupid Rule.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure their sets are not best of 1.
I remember reading somewhere that they were best of 1 a WHILE ago. Recently they've adopted the 2/3:3/5 set.

And talking with the Japanese players it took them a bit to recognize the counterpicking system and stage baning before they went to Apex.

Though it would be interesting to have every stage played on a best of 3 set if DSR rule is in effect, and no salty-runbacks.

However in finals, it would arise a problem since the set count outnumbers the stage list.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
@Chibo + Kai

How can you pass something you both show up to every weekend?

This is the first time you guys tried to run a japanese stagelist so my post was valid

and you guys lose to WAY more characters than just meta knight.

Chibo $20 MM my Diddy on the "Meta Knight stagelist"?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I'd actually rather fight MK than most characters.

IMO mk is the only reason this game isn't mind-numbingly boring with all the lame easy chain grabs. If anything Metaknight is a hero that and we should encourage as many metaknight favored stages as possible :laugh:

Top Bottom