• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I don't think you should have a specific % because all low tier wins are different.

From now on you should just put LT next to whoever you beat in low tiers. If someone beats a player who mains a low tier in low tiers then it would count more than someone beating a player who barely plays a low tier.

Kind of like when BigM beat Orion's diddy. We all knew that Orion's diddy made him not as significant of a win as it would have been otherwise, but it still counted for more than say, his victory over me.

all that is why I DO NOT want it counted towards PR EVER.

That is all clearly situational.

daisho

Smash Lord
all that is why I DO NOT want it counted towards PR EVER.

That is all clearly situational.
Clearly that is a valid opinion.

I happen to disagree but it's'nt like I completely reject your opinion and say it's wrong.

On a completely separate note, aren't you NY where they have different rules all together?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
we have teh same rules cept ppl like inui do not open mouths...lol

sorry but i think that LT is a seperate tournament as is DOUBLES

daisho

Smash Lord
I glanced over those discussions and people were talking about losses and stuff. I was just confused since in NJ we completely ignore losses except in head to head cases, that is pretty much the only difference I guess (if that really means anything in NY... idk if it's just ignorant people begging for themselves to be ranked higher).

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Low tier discussion shouldn't mean **** unless you actually beat somebody that mains a low tier. It kinda seems like Daisho is suggesting OTHER wins in low tiers should be discussed...which they definitely shouldn't.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
People that think low tiers should count:
Inui
Daisho

People that think low tiers shouldn't count:
Keitaro
Yes
Chibo
Kai
Ether
Malcolm
Vex
Alex Strife
Bleachigo

Neutral atm:
Eazy
Doom

People that think MK banned tournies should count:
Inui
Doom

People that think it shouldn't count:
Keitaro
Kai
Malcolm
Vex
Alex Strife
Bleachigo

Neutral atm:
Eazy
Chibo

Imma keep track of this...
--Updated--

daisho

Smash Lord
Low tier discussion shouldn't mean **** unless you actually beat somebody that mains a low tier. It kinda seems like Daisho is suggesting OTHER wins in low tiers should be discussed...which they definitely shouldn't.
They should be discussed as much as BigM's win over Orion was discussed.

The panel can tell if a win is significant based on how good the person is with the character.

And GOOO GREEN TEAM!

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
The panel can tell if a win is significant based on how good the person is with the character.
So what if someone uses that main in certain matchups and another main in other matchups. What does being a main matter if you're not using him in the situation you have trained him for?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
MK banned tournaments should not count towards rankings, as it leaves open the possibility of, "oh! I lost because I didn't have MK!" It's all opinionated subjective bull****. Enough bias flies around this thread and rankings discussions; we should try to keep it to a minimum.

make a brawl+ rankings. that dec. tourney could count for it like you take top 10 nj players placings and rank it that way, and go forward from there
I was curious about doing this, but I'm not sure if there's 10 NJ brawl+ players :laugh:.

I know of:

Myself
Inui (kinda)
Atomsk
BigM
Kingz
Eazy

um...anyone else: feel free to mention if you play the game competitively.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
dm and Ether have been getting really into Brawl+. I played 5.0 with them a bit on Halloween, it's kinda fun, but none of us would pay more than $5 to enter a tournament for that game.

Zucco

Smash Master
Neither should count. If all options aren't available then its unfair to judge someone fully. Sure, I Main Lucario, but what if I needed my metaknight I've been training for the last few weeks in case I run into an Olimar player or something? I'm being forced out of my options and now that *insert Olimar player here* beat me, they have a win on me. Now of course Beating my Lucario is very legit, but you cant just tell me I wasn't going to pick metaknight, especially when I find that character to be extremely difficult for me and ill take all the help I can get.

Oh and just to make another point since Inui loves talking about matchups, just because a character has better matchups against certain characters doesnt always make it a better choice. Must I remind everyone of my fight my Bleachigo? Ness Loses to both Falco and Marth badly, Whereas Lucario goes even with Falco and loses slightly to Marth. In this senario, Ness is the better choice. Why? Because Bleachigo has no clue on what to do again my Ness whereas He pretty much has Lucario down(lol2stock). Nothing is written in stone guys.

Edit: im pretty decent at Brawl+, never entered a tournament for it though.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Btw low tiers shouldn't count, however mk banned ones should.

Brawl plus really matters more then a bull**** side event. It doesn't matter how much pride certaint people may have in a character (inui). Normal singles where there are no factors limiting ANY player should count toward the SINGLES rankings.

Zucco

Smash Master
I think I would actually enter brawl+ tourneys over low tiers, though I would only want to pay 5$ for it.

@Bleach: gotta give credit where credit is due.

daisho

Smash Lord
So what if someone uses that main in certain matchups and another main in other matchups. What does being a main matter if you're not using him in the situation you have trained him for?
It matters less.
Seriously, who in NJ sincerely cares so much that they would lie about whether they would switch?
Just be honest and say you wouldn't have switched if you had it open to you.

MK banned tournaments should not count towards rankings, as it leaves open the possibility of, "oh! I lost because I didn't have MK!" It's all opinionated subjective bull****. Enough bias flies around this thread and rankings discussions; we should try to keep it to a minimum.
Agreement. In most cases though, it is obvious who is right.

I was curious about doing this, but I'm not sure if there's 10 NJ brawl+ players :laugh:.

I know of:

Myself
Inui (kinda)
Atomsk
BigM
Kingz
Eazy

um...anyone else: feel free to mention if you play the game competitively.
I think I am going to start playing brawl+

Neither should count. If all options aren't available then its unfair to judge someone fully. Sure, I Main Lucario, but what if I needed my metaknight I've been training for the last few weeks in case I run into an Olimar player or something? I'm being forced out of my options and now that *insert Olimar player here* beat me, they have a win on me. Now of course Beating my Lucario is very legit, but you cant just tell me I wasn't going to pick metaknight, especially when I find that character to be extremely difficult for me and ill take all the help I can get.
I agree, it should not count fully. But it should count somewhat.

I have a feeling I am fighting a losing battle. Clearly if everyone is against me then I must be missing something...

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i have no idea why people play characters who are not MK

it just doesnt.. idk -___-

if u main snake tho ur alright in my book =D

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
It matters less.
People who care about rankings would lie.

So if it counts less for low tier....and less for not being the character I train the matchup for how much does it count for?? Seems REALLY low to me.

Granted IF I wasn't telling the truth(which I am), now EVERYONE has an excuse to make their matches count less. "Oh....I didn't want PT vs Bowser. I would have went......................................................................ZSS"

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I'm for the brawl+ rankings. I'mma take that number 1 spot yes :3
Bring it! xD ily2 trev

If it wasn't for the lack of tournies would could actually have a rankings for it. I'd be down for running something like that.

I didn't know this many people played it. We should all meet up and play sometime so I don't feel so lonely :3

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Keitaro said:
People that think low tiers should count:
Inui
Daisho

People that think low tiers shouldn't count:
Keitaro
Yes
Chibo
Kai
Ether
Malcolm
Vex
Alex Strife
Bleachigo
Zucco
Atomsk
BigM

Neutral atm:
Eazy
Doom

People that think MK banned tournies should count:
Inui
Doom
Atomsk
Daisho

People that think it shouldn't count:
Keitaro
Kai
Malcolm
Vex
Alex Strife
Bleachigo
Zucco

Neutral atm:
Eazy
Chibo

Imma keep track of this...
Updated again. Will do one final update tomorrow morning or late this evening.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
to bad i can only go to instate or ny brawl+ tourneys...:( plus ive beat some people in mid tier tourney who mained that character, like cyber, hippiedude.
BRAWL+ RANKINGS! LETS GET IT :)

Keitaro i think low teirs shouldnt count, and if it does there should be a "t" by the persons name unless they main the character, like daisho said

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
to bad i can only go to instate or ny brawl+ tourneys...:( plus ive beat some people in mid tier tourney who mained that character, like cyber, hippiedude.
BRAWL+ RANKINGS! LETS GET IT :)

Keitaro i think low teirs shouldnt count, and if it does there should be a "t" by the persons name unless they main the character, like daisho said
Megan Fox.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Last Activity: Today 12:40 AM
Current Activity: Replying to Thread NJ Finder - Brawl Power Rankings New as of 10/5/09, Tournament Finder Updated (10/8)

//InB4****Storm

Top Bottom