• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Inui

Banned via Warnings
So are MK banned tournament going to count for rankings?
If the players don't use Meta Knight in tournaments, yes.

Can I take this too?
Certainly. I'll MM you with Dedede.

I would normally agree if the person beaten had only that main as their option in a tournament. All of the top low tiers players in our area ALL have characters at their disposal that aren't allowed in Low tiers. I don't see why it should count towards rankings when non of us have all our options that a normal event would allow us.
You main Sonic.

If someone beats your Sonic in a tournament where he loses literally 0 match-ups and ***** most of the cast (low tier tournaments), then it should definitely count as a win for that person.

Zucco

Smash Master
S: Meta Knight, Snake
A: Marth, Diddy Kong
B: Falco, Ice Climbers, Wario, King Dedede, Lucario
C: Olimar, Toon Link, ROB, Mr. Game & Watch, Pikachu, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Link
D: Wolf, Pokémon Trainer, Ike, Luigi, Sonic, Peach
E: Yoshi, Zelda/Sheik, Ness, Ganondorf, Fox, Lucas, Mario, Samus, Bowser
U: Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon

interesting. Lucario too goodz.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
If someone beats your Sonic in a tournament where he loses literally 0 match-ups and ***** most of the cast (low tier tournaments), then it should definitely count as a win for that person.
We've been through this and I told you I disagree because ALL OF MY OPTIONS(as well as others) ARE NOT AVAILIBLE. I'm not getting back into this. The panel will decide what counts. I don't give a **** about rankings past the season where I cared(like i said i did) anyway. I haven't been to a single event this season.

Sonic has no better matchup against anyone than a 6:4 in his favor. He doesn't **** any character.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
It means you're always at an advantage in low tier tournaments. This is not the case for normal tournaments. Even Diddy Kong has bad match-ups and even more stage problems than Sonic.
No, most of the matchups are even. More to the point, if I use diddy vs PT, Yoshi, and Ike the fact that sonic is a main(even though i use diddy for them) isnt significant to me. We've been over all of this. The panel can make and keep w/e decision it has. I will not try to change anything. Just bc you believe you opinion makes more sense doesnt mean I have to think so too. I'm not getting into a large drawn out pointless discussion again. Don't pursue this nonsense. We've been over it all.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No, most of the matchups are even. More to the point, if I use diddy vs PT, Yoshi, and Ike the fact that sonic is a main(even though i use diddy for them) isnt significant to me. We've been over all of this. The panel can make and keep w/e decision it has. I will not try to change anything. Just bc you believe you opinion makes more sense doesnt mean I have to think so too. I'm not getting into a large drawn out pointless discussion again. Don't pursue this nonsense. We've been over it all.
Um...

Sonic is the best character allowed in low tier tournaments. This is because he beats pretty much every other character allowed, including a 60/40 win over Ike, the character that wins the most low tier tournaments.

lol @ underrating your character that hard

Yeah, Sonic ain't good at all, but he definitely doesn't lose to anything in low tiers and he definitely 60/40's almost all of them with a few 55/45 and 50/50 match-ups in there.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I say don't pursue it and you do it anyway. I won't continue with this crap. I know more about my character than you. I disagree with your thoughts of side events. Good night

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
If the players don't use Meta Knight in tournaments, yes.
How can you justify who uses MK in tournaments??

What if someone would like to go MK but couldn't because it was a MK banned tourney?

I used MK 3rd match against ADHD and won the set first time I played him. I went MK cause he went Rainbow Cruise. It is honestly not fair to say I would have lost the set and have it count for rankings against ADHD when I can't go MK in a MK banned tourney.

Same vs Max. Eazy could have possibly beaten Mak with his MK in a tourney set, but in a MK banned one, he wouldn't have the choice and he would surely lose to Max.

This goes for low tiers too. Like Kai has said many times before, it is not fair to count his loss in low tiers because he was using 1 of his two mains (Sonic) because he doesn't even have the choice to use his other.

Even if his main was only Sonic and he had no other character his options are limited from the game's standard singles rules and should not be counted.

I'm really sick of this low tier/MK banned crap counting so I'm ready to argue as much as needed starting now since I'm on smashboards alot now.

I'd also like to hear other panelists decisions on MK banned tournies and low tiers counting for singles or not.

To be honest, Inui only runs this state when the rest of the people don't give a **** to argue/debate anything.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the original ruling in PA was tourney counts, straight up
since then it was changed

original reasoning - if someone isnt confident in their skill without mk, they can choose not to enter. by entering they are putting their ranking on the line.

however this explaination would count full for someone's losses since they accepted the handicap, though it would be understood that some wins wouldnt count as much, such as beating xzaxs mk > beating xzaxs wolf.

thinking more of this and realizing that the DSOs are a staple to philly's activity, something had to be changed

weve come to the conclusion that:

1. mk banned tournies have to count for something
2. some exceptions have to be made

a single character being banned out of the entire roster, one that was considered being banned by many TOs and is by some especially in an event thats replacing regular brawl singles needs to be considered. This is completely different from low tiers in where over half of the cast is banned, and the event is a side event. where low tiers happens, so does regular singles.

normally you can pinpoint a character no one will use in tournament. for instance say we banned jigglypuff at dso9, that would have been fine. all of us could say without hesitation that no one there would have used jiggz. mk on the other hand, outside of the obvious mk mains (inui and xzax), no one can say for certain who would use mk. i would be willing to say that perhaps eazy could have used him. though now you brought up (keitaro) that youve gone mk before against ppl which is a surprise to me tbh, vex has been known to use mk, plenty of people do. perhaps thats somewhat telling that so many people are just willing to randomly try and play mk for a quick win when they dont even main or second the character... :/

it really is a confusing situation. the only part defined in my eyes is that it has to count for something. its an event reaplcing regular singles - the main event, with the money invested in it ($10 to enter not $5), its not a side event, and only a single character is banned compared to 60% of the cast in low tiers.

as for how it counts on the other hand... :/

Keitaro

the original ruling in PA was tourney counts, straight up
since then it was changed

original reasoning - if someone isnt confident in their skill without mk, they can choose not to enter. by entering they are putting their ranking on the line.

however this explaination would count full for someone's losses since they accepted the handicap, though it would be understood that some wins wouldnt count as much, such as beating xzaxs mk > beating xzaxs wolf.

thinking more of this and realizing that the DSOs are a staple to philly's activity, something had to be changed

weve come to the conclusion that:

1. mk banned tournies have to count for something
2. some exceptions have to be made

a single character being banned out of the entire roster, one that was considered being banned by many TOs and is by some especially in an event thats replacing regular brawl singles needs to be considered. This is completely different from low tiers in where over half of the cast is banned, and the event is a side event. where low tiers happens, so does regular singles.

normally you can pinpoint a character no one will use in tournament. for instance say we banned jigglypuff at dso9, that would have been fine. all of us could say without hesitation that no one there would have used jiggz. mk on the other hand, outside of the obvious mk mains (inui and xzax), no one can say for certain who would use mk. i would be willing to say that perhaps eazy could have used him. though now you brought up (keitaro) that youve gone mk before against ppl which is a surprise to me tbh, vex has been known to use mk, plenty of people do. perhaps thats somewhat telling that so many people are just willing to randomly try and play mk for a quick win when they dont even main or second the character... :/

it really is a confusing situation. the only part defined in my eyes is that it has to count for something. its an event reaplcing regular singles - the main event, with the money invested in it ($10 to enter not $5), its not a side event, and only a single character is banned compared to 60% of the cast in low tiers.

as for how it counts on the other hand... :/
I understand you think a MK banned tourney should count for something, but how much is something?

I think it's too hard to accurately say just how much beating Inui counts in a MK banned tournament compared to beating Inui in a normal one. Just saying (It should count to an extent) leads biasedness in that win as some people will see it as complete bs while others may take it as a legitimate win comparable to every other singles results win.

We've come to a conclusion that $5.00 mms count just as much as a singles tourney match. Having stuff count somewhat is like saying $3.00 mms count.

If $3.00 mms don't count at all than neither should MK banned/low tier matches count since they are basically considered watered down normal singles matches and watered down $5.00 mms.

I believe we have the mms rules set, but for everything else just seems a lil biased.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i agree with your post, thats why im confused though...

if we knew how much "somewhat" counts then there wouldnt be a problem

take these three players for example:

say you beat at an MK banned tourney:

Xzax - Everyone knows he mains MK. His MK is vastly better than all of his other characters

Vex - Doesn't main or second MK though has been known to use him at times with varying success. Has used only MK in some tournaments.

Inui - Claims he mains Snake though we all know MK is his best character.

It's such a conundrum and I don't know how to decipher it.

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
inui does not main snake lol. i actually have never herd of him playing snake. last time i saw him use snake was at like when i lost to atomsk's ganon. pretty much.

Keitaro

i agree with your post, thats why im confused though...

if we knew how much "somewhat" counts then there wouldnt be a problem

take these three players for example:

say you beat at an MK banned tourney:

Xzax - Everyone knows he mains MK. His MK is vastly better than all of his other characters

Vex - Doesn't main or second MK though has been known to use him at times with varying success. Has used only MK in some tournaments.

Inui can say he mains Snake all he wants but what happened in the MK banned tourney? He lost to Max twice where Inui was allowed to use Snake all he wanted and still wasn't able to take a match. Inui could have possibly placed in the money and most likely get 2nd along with adding Rookie to his accomplishments but instead lost to ICs twice because he couldn't change charcters.

When Inui went MK, he nearly fooled around with Max during their $5.00 dollar mm. I told Max not to do it so he's getting bonked for that one.

But you're right on that one Chibo. It's hard to tell what "somewhat" equals to and since we can't pin point that atm I don't think "somewhat counts" should place a person above another person on a rankings list.

Zucco

Smash Master
Needs to be banned! never thought Id say that about a brawl character.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
How can you justify who uses MK in tournaments??
Characters next to their names on the rankings and panelists knowing who mains what.

Same vs Max. Eazy could have possibly beaten Mak with his MK in a tourney set, but in a MK banned one, he wouldn't have the choice and he would surely lose to Max.
But they did not play. Max only fought one MK user.

This goes for low tiers too. Like Kai has said many times before, it is not fair to count his loss in low tiers because he was using 1 of his two mains (Sonic) because he doesn't even have the choice to use his other.

Even if his main was only Sonic and he had no other character his options are limited from the game's standard singles rules and should not be counted.
Kai's worst cases in low tier tournaments end up with his character winning 55/45 or going 50/50 (rare; Sonic wins pretty much every match-up in low tiers) and Sonic has less stage issues than Diddy.

Kai enters low tier events with a significant advantage over everyone based on both his character and his skill because he actually mains a legal character. Kai enters knowing he's going to win money. Kai loses to...uh...pretty much nobody. Why is he complaining?

I'm really sick of this low tier/MK banned crap counting so I'm ready to argue as much as needed starting now since I'm on smashboards alot now.

I'd also like to hear other panelists decisions on MK banned tournies and low tiers counting for singles or not.

To be honest, Inui only runs this state when the rest of the people don't give a **** to argue/debate anything.
Bring it. The only people that can touch me are inactive.

I think it's too hard to accurately say just how much beating Inui counts in a MK banned tournament compared to beating Inui in a normal one. Just saying (It should count to an extent) leads biasedness in that win as some people will see it as complete bs while others may take it as a legitimate win comparable to every other singles results win.
Hmm let's see...

Why not just do it on a case by case basis? That's why panelists exist.

Examples:
-You vs Rookie in an MK-banned event obviously counts.
-My Snake vs Eazy's Marth obviously counts.
-Atomsk vs Rookie obviously counts.
-Me vs Max when I'm MK-exclusive vs ICs should be taken with a grain of salt, but it's still not worthless.
-Chibo vs Max obviously counts.
-Atomsk vs max should be taken with a grain of salt since Atomsk actually uses MK in tournaments, especially vs ICs.

I judge everything based on the situation. Kai vs someone in low tiers...obviously matters. The d00d enters with a giant advantage over everyone. Me vs someone? Yeah, my Ike's pretty legit, so it should count.

False. My best characters are Ike and Ganondorf.

Really? Looks easy to me.

Xzax: Never uses anything but MK, so beating him means pretty much nothing.
Vex: He has been going 100% Bowser for a while now, so who cares about his MK?
Inui: Uses MK in singles a little less than half the time, so beating him in an MK-banned tournament wouldn't mean much if MK is his choice character in a match-up (such as vs Dedede, Toon Link, or ICs)

inui does not main snake lol. i actually have never herd of him playing snake. last time i saw him use snake was at like when i lost to atomsk's ganon. pretty much.
I've been actively using Snake in tournaments (with great results) since July 2008.

Inui can say he mains Snake all he wants but what happened in the MK banned tourney? He lost to Max twice where Inui was allowed to use Snake all he wanted and still wasn't able to take a match. Inui could have possibly placed in the money and most likely get 2nd along with adding Rookie to his accomplishments but instead lost to ICs twice because he couldn't change charcters.
I am 100% confident I would have taken 1st or 2nd that day in singles and 1st in teams if I had MK, lol.

This is where we as panelists look at the case and decide what to do. It's why we exist.

Keitaro

Characters next to their names on the rankings and panelists knowing who mains what.
I'd have to argue against this cause as I said earlier how do you know whether or not Zucco has a trained MK ready to counterpick DDDs? You don't. Same as you don't know about my recent MK training which I possibly would have taken out against Max but couldn't. It's being limited that makes the entire MK banned tourney counting for rankings look foolish. You don't know what character someone may dish out.

But they did not play. Max only fought one MK user.
But what if they did play? You can't fight an arguement by saying they didn't play. What if Max and Eazy do meet up this Friday at the next MK banned tourney and Eazy gets *****? The possibility of Eazy having to fight Max without MK alone shows a problem with having it count.

Kai's worst cases in low tier tournaments end up with his character winning 55/45 or going 50/50 (rare; Sonic wins pretty much every match-up in low tiers) and Sonic has less stage issues than Diddy.
Just cause his Sonic is supposed to win doesn't make it reasonable to have his Sonic beaten by my Charizard count. Diddy has better matchups than Sonic when it comes to low tiers making Kai's Diddy a possibly better answer for someone's Ness or Lucas but then again, maybe the Ness or Lucas player wants to go MK or Falco but can't. There's too many limits in low tiers. I'd vouch for MK banned tournies counting way before I'd count low tiers since low tiers takes out even more characters.

Kai enters low tier events with a significant advantage over everyone based on both his character and his skill because he actually mains a legal character. Kai enters knowing he's going to win money. Kai loses to...uh...pretty much nobody. Why is he complaining?
What if Kai loses to your Ike or Zucco's Ness? Then what? You keep basing your opinions on what has happened or what you think is going to happen. Things don't always go the way it supposed to and when it doesn't what will you say?

Bring it. The only people that can touch me are inactive.

Hmm let's see...

Why not just do it on a case by case basis? That's why panelists exist.

Examples:
-You vs Rookie in an MK-banned event obviously counts.
-My Snake vs Eazy's Marth obviously counts.
-Atomsk vs Rookie obviously counts.
-Me vs Max when I'm MK-exclusive vs ICs should be taken with a grain of salt, but it's still not worthless.
-Chibo vs Max obviously counts.
-Atomsk vs max should be taken with a grain of salt since Atomsk actually uses MK in tournaments, especially vs ICs.

I judge everything based on the situation. Kai vs someone in low tiers...obviously matters. The d00d enters with a giant advantage over everyone. Me vs someone? Yeah, my Ike's pretty legit, so it should count.
What is a grain of salt? You can't say "Zucco in front of Bleachigo because Zucco's Ness beat my Ike which is a grain of salt and barely puts him ahead of Bleachigo." That's what it sounds like you're saying.

Really? Looks easy to me.

Xzax: Never uses anything but MK, so beating him means pretty much nothing.
Vex: He has been going 100% Bowser for a while now, so who cares about his MK?
Inui: Uses MK in singles a little less than half the time, so beating him in an MK-banned tournament wouldn't mean much if MK is his choice character in a match-up (such as vs Dedede, Toon Link, or ICs)
So now what's the difference between "wouldn't mean much" and "a grain of salt" and a legitimate win in a normal singles event?

Who says what you think is a grain of salt isn't a legitimate win to someone else? And what exactly does "a grain of salt" and "wouldn't mean much" mean? Regarding set wins by these terms are just silly and continues my point that low tiers and mk banned shouldn't count because it ends up having too many sets with questionable reasoning for why or how they should count, which starts the biasedness.

I am 100% confident I would have taken 1st or 2nd that day in singles and 1st in teams if I had MK, lol.

This is where we as panelists look at the case and decide what to do. It's why we exist.
Max still took a match off you in your $5.00 mm. Also Rookie is pretty good so he could have possibly beaten you. Maybe you could have taken out Atomsk!!

But we'll never know because it was a MK banned tourney which didn't have normal singles rules which caused results to be skewed making a person win their 2nd tournament against top players because the rules were limited.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Before the ****, here is some funny:

I'd have to argue against this cause as I said earlier how do you know whether or not Zucco has a trained MK ready to counterpick DDDs? You don't. Same as you don't know about my recent MK training which I possibly would have taken out against Max but couldn't. It's being limited that makes the entire MK banned tourney counting for rankings look foolish. You don't know what character someone may dish out.
We know when he uses it. Simple as that. If you enter an MK-banned tournament, you know the deal. MK is banned. MAN UP, FOOL!

But what if they did play? You can't fight an arguement by saying they didn't play. What if Max and Eazy do meet up this Friday at the next MK banned tourney and Eazy gets *****? The possibility of Eazy having to fight Max without MK alone shows a problem with having it count.
If Eazy prefers using MK against ICs, then Max's win would indeed be diminished, just like it should be against me and Atomsk.

Just cause his Sonic is supposed to win doesn't make it reasonable to have his Sonic beaten by my Charizard count. Diddy has better matchups than Sonic when it comes to low tiers making Kai's Diddy a possibly better answer for someone's Ness or Lucas but then again, maybe the Ness or Lucas player wants to go MK or Falco but can't. There's too many limits in low tiers. I'd vouch for MK banned tournies counting way before I'd count low tiers since low tiers takes out even more characters.
You're not going to beat Kai with your Pokemon Trainer, so lol @ that.

Zucco doesn't count much.

Kai? Mains Sonic and enters with a huge advantage over everyone. PRiDE? Mains Yoshi. Inui? Has a gdlk Ike he uses in real events frequently.

HMM WE'RE BACK TO WHERE I STARTED WITH CASE BY CASE ANALYSIS DONE BY PANELISTS OMG WHAT A SHOCKING SURPRISE!

What if Kai loses to your Ike or Zucco's Ness? Then what? You keep basing your opinions on what has happened or what you think is going to happen. Things don't always go the way it supposed to and when it doesn't what will you say?
Yeah, what if Kai loses that 60/40 match-up in his favor to me for money (which happened only once last season)?

Then I beat him in a bad match-up for my character with cash and placings on the line. **** STRAIGHT THAT **** IS GONNA COUNT FOR ME, NUKKA! Eazy already argued strongly that it should.

In a normal tournament, my characters beat his, not the other way around, so me beating him in low tiers is significantly harder and less likely.

What is a grain of salt? You can't say "Zucco in front of Bleachigo because Zucco's Ness beat my Ike which is a grain of salt and barely puts him ahead of Bleachigo." That's what it sounds like you're saying.
Zucco is way better than Bleachigo, so w/e.

And if Zucco and Bleachigo have tied singles results (lol) but Zucco does better in low tiers (which he does), which shows that he is the better player with more variety in his line-up and a larger set of skills, then he should be ranked higher for sure.

So now what's the difference between "wouldn't mean much" and "a grain of salt" and a legitimate win in a normal singles event?

Who says what you think is a grain of salt isn't a legitimate win to someone else? And what exactly does "a grain of salt" and "wouldn't mean much" mean? Regardings set wins by these terms are just silly and continues my point that low tiers and mk banned shouldn't count because it ends up having too many sets with questionable reasoning for why or how they should count, which starts the biasedness.
It's not confusing. What is confusing? I don't understand what is confusing.

Would Eazy ever go MK me? No. That's a death sentence. Would I go Snake on him? Sure. I've done it plenty of times and won and will gladly do it again. So who cares if the event was MK-banned? The set was still legit and we both had fun and stuff.

That's just one example. It's all about case-by-case, broski. It's not hard at all.

Max still took a match off you in your $5.00 mm. Also Rookie is pretty good so he could have possibly beaten. Maybe you could have taken out Atomsk!!

But we'll never know because it was a MK banned tourney which didn't have normal singles rules which caused results to be screwed making a person win their 2nd tournament against top players because the rules were limited.
Max took a game where I accidentally glided into his grab at 0% and got death CGed. He got owned the other games.

Atomsk can't beat me with Dedede and we go 50/50 in MK dittos, so yeah, I can definitely beat him. I just haven't had the desire to beat him for quite some time now. I'd prefer he goes on ahead since he can beat people I can't (ADHD, Ally, and Anti, for instance).

Yes, the results were screwed up because of MK being banned. But Max only fought one MK main that would have taken him out for sure. If Max lost right away to me, he would have fought...no good MK players until Eazy (I wouldn't call Eazy's MK "good", just decent at certain things, though) if he even made it that far. I'm pretty sure he would have still beaten everyone else he played besides me and Atomsk.

Keitaro

Pretty good arguements but I have already spent more than enough time on this when my project is due at 1:30 and I barely started it. Us debating isn't going to do much anyway since I doubt either of us will change our opinions. I hope it just makes others see the topic at hand and choose thier opinion, epsecially the panelists.

You still seem to say that "Zucco is better than Bleachigo" and "your PT can't beat Zucco" when those are just examples to prove a point, not what is supposed to be argued.

Anyways, if I become active this season, which I plan to, I would like to become a panelists for singles again as long as the panelists agree.

My vote on MK banned tournies counting is no.
My vote on low tiers counting at all is no.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
If my two cents count for anything, I'd have to say that low tiers is a joke to me. The fact that pokemon trainer, bowser, yoshi, and mario are allowed are stupid to me.

Squirtle is freakin' high tier. IDC if he can't kill and gets tired. Switch pokemon and take 10% OH SHIZ!

Bowser has grab release shenanigans across the stage on most characters I believe, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yoshi has CG grab release BS on every low tier besides Mario if I'm not mistaken.

Mario's mid tier.

With that said, low tiers is a side event for fun. No one should really care if you're the best with a crappy character. I run up to people and taunt, and go for 800 falcon punches in tourney. This is just an example of how one person would interpret a side event.

As far as MK banned shiz goes, it's kind of unfair to say because then anyone can say that. It's like a "get out of bad tourney performance free card" that I joked about awhile ago. It's not even an issue if someone uses MK or not. Someone could have a pocket MK they could use. Ally has a pretty good MK, so if he loses to an IC's in an MK banned tourney, can he say "IF I HAD MK YOU'D BE DONESKIES SON!" ?

IMO keep rankings exclusive to singles performance because if one exception is made, all exceptions should be allowed, and brawl+ should be an exception as well so that I'm ranked #1 :laugh:

...****...you guys made me post intelligently...**** YOU NJ THREAD!

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
You're not going to beat Kai with your Pokemon Trainer, so lol @ that.

Kai? Mains Sonic and enters with a huge advantage over everyone. PRiDE? Mains Yoshi. Inui? Has a gdlk Ike he uses in real events frequently.
Blue beat my Sonic with PT in a best of 5 set. I 2 stocked him with Diddy the 3 other matches.

It's obvious who sonic losses to when good characters are allowed. How would you know about low tiers? You think Sonic beats Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Bowser?? If you do you're wrong.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The argument is stupid. It's all he said she said non sense. Someone could just say, oh well I would have went MK in the matchup and the win is instantly invalid.

Sure Max didn't get to fight Atomsk's MK, though he still beat his DDD, Wario, Luigi, and ICs (any others?). Atomsk is known to use all of these characters in tourney, and a couple of them far more than his MK. The fact that it should be taken with "a grain of salt" doesn't make sense with this achievement.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
How would you know about low tiers? You think Sonic beats Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Bowser?? If you do you're wrong.
Low tiers = all I use and fight all day at school. I go Ike and Ganondorf against Ness, Ike, Sonic, Lucas, etc. mains all day, plus Dave's Jigglypuff, Ness, and Ganondorf.

I know loads about low tiers.

The argument is stupid. It's all he said she said non sense. Someone could just say, oh well I would have went MK in the matchup and the win is instantly invalid.

Sure Max didn't get to fight Atomsk's MK, though he still beat his DDD, Wario, Luigi, and ICs (any others?). Atomsk is known to use all of these characters in tourney, and a couple of them far more than his MK. The fact that it should be taken with "a grain of salt" doesn't make sense with this achievement.
Well, I'd count Max's win on Atomsk. On me? Not so much. I am 100% MK-exclusive vs ICs and will never, ever try to use another character in any situation possible, even on a stage like FD or Halberd where Snake would be better.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Low tiers = all I use and fight all day at school. I go Ike and Ganondorf against Ness, Ike, Sonic, Lucas, etc. mains all day, plus Dave's Jigglypuff, Ness, and Ganondorf.

I know loads about low tiers.
You say your school sucks. They don't matter.

You still don't understand sonic's matchups.

Well, I'd count Max's win on Atomsk. On me? Not so much. I am 100% MK-exclusive vs ICs and will never, ever try to use another character in any situation possible, even on a stage like FD or Halberd where Snake would be better.
Wow, your whole point of low tiers counting for me is because Sonic is a main. I've said I use Diddy on PT and Ike. Then you go and say that your loss doesnt count as much to max bc you weren't able to use one of your OTHER mains that you were restricted from??

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Inui you are wrong.

How can you say that you going exclusively mk vs ics makes the win worth less, but kai can't say he goes diddy exclusively vs (insert character)? It is the SAME situation, but with different characters.

And no, responding with sonic's advantage over whoever is also WRONG. Is it not perceived that snake is ic's worst matchup by ALOT of people? Max was defeated by one man, and one man only. All hail Squall, the SNAKE user.

If you couldn't beat him with snake, who has the advantage, then you step it up. Because if you argue against this, you are arguing against your low tier arguments.

You also need to re-read people's arguments. You continuously take examples that could have just as well have been created with fictional characters ( like what if jimmyduboy was a little better than harrygirlguy) and you argue them as if it were the topic of discussion.

You talk as if you know everything as fact, but you don't. This is an argument based on subjectivity. You argue as if someone is telling a story wrong or something, and you know the real deal. Well, you don't. Is it not odd that everyone has been blurting out "I get what you're saying" to each other? The points brought up against you are VALID. People want to be RIGHT, not kind of right, or F*ck it Inui is happy "right". You are a pretty good guy to talk to about instances, but probably the worst at setting precedents. Your decisions are constantly changed, and opinions swayed given situations. Maybe you should stick to judging what is happening instead of trying to create standards to be used for the future because you honestly blow at it, true story bro.
Edit- DAMMIT KAI THAT WAS MY POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You say your school sucks. They don't matter.

You still don't understand sonic's matchups.
Several players at my school are just fine at Brawl due to playing with me and Dave so much. My college would probably wreck most other colleges. Only Rutgers around here could compete.

You don't understand them because you're not playing gay enough. Just get a lead and never approach. That's how you beat my Ike. You can avoid being hit for extremely long periods of time. Low tier characters, for the most part, do not possess the speed or safety to approach and catch Sonic.

Wow, your whole point of low tiers counting for me is because Sonic is a main. I've said I use Diddy on PT and Ike. Then you go and say that your loss doesnt count as much to max bc you weren't able to use one of your OTHER mains that you were restricted from??
Um... Sonic is your #1. MK is my #1. You are not restricted from your #1. You are not thrown into match-ups you are clueless about; you know all of Sonic's match-ups to a pretty high level. Sonic wins against low tiers just as hard as MK wins against the good characters in normal tournaments...if not more.

The cases are different. Hence...case-by-case basis.

I do not understand why you are so hyper defensive about losses in an event where your character is borderline bannable because he's too hard to fight for most of the low tiers counting "against" you...especially when you don't lose to anyone.

No panelist is going to say "well Kai lost to Mew2King's Ike and Ally's Captain Falcon, so let's drop him below Bleachigo now."

**** THAT. THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

If someone scores a win on your MAIN with a another character even crappier that loses to him (almost every low tier), then yeah, that's good for them.

Inui you are wrong.

How can you say that you going exclusively mk vs ics makes the win worth less, but kai can't say he goes diddy exclusively vs (insert character)? It is the SAME situation, but with different characters.

And no, responding with sonic's advantage over whoever is also WRONG. Is it not perceived that snake is ic's worst matchup by ALOT of people? Max was defeated by one man, and one man only. All hail Squall, the SNAKE user.

If you couldn't beat him with snake, who has the advantage, then you step it up. Because if you argue against this, you are arguing against your low tier arguments.

You also need to re-read people's arguments. You continuously take examples that could have just as well have been created with fictional characters ( like what if jimmyduboy was a little better than harrygirlguy) and you argue them as if it were the topic of discussion.

You talk as if you know everything as fact, but you don't. This is an argument based on subjectivity. You argue as if someone is telling a story wrong or something, and you know the real deal. Well, you don't. Is it not odd that everyone has been blurting out "I get what you're saying" to each other? The points brought up against you are VALID. People want to be RIGHT, not kind of right, or F*ck it Inui is happy "right". You are a pretty good guy to talk to about instances, but probably the worst at setting precedents. Your decisions are constantly changed, and opinions swayed given situations. Maybe you should stick to judging what is happening instead of trying to create standards to be used for the future because you honestly blow at it, true story bro.
Edit- DAMMIT KAI THAT WAS MY POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is negated by the fact that I currently list two losses to Max in my text document of my records for this season.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Several players at my school are just fine at Brawl due to playing with me and Dave so much. My college would probably wreck most other colleges. Only Rutgers around here could compete.

You don't understand them because you're not playing gay enough. Just get a lead and never approach. That's how you beat my Ike. You can avoid being hit for extremely long periods of time. Low tier characters, for the most part, do not possess the speed or safety to approach and catch Sonic.

Um... Sonic is your #1. MK is my #1. You are not restricted from your #1. You are not thrown into match-ups you are clueless about; you know all of Sonic's match-ups to a pretty high level. Sonic wins against low tiers just as hard as MK wins against the good characters in normal tournaments...if not more.

The cases are different. Hence...case-by-case basis.

I do not understand why you are so hyper defensive about losses in an event where your character is borderline bannable because he's too hard to fight for most of the low tiers counting "against" you...especially when you don't lose to anyone.

No panelist is going to say "well Kai lost to Mew2King's Ike and Ally's Captain Falcon, so let's drop him below Bleachigo now."

**** THAT. THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

If someone scores a win on your MAIN with a another character even crappier that loses to him (almost every low tier), then yeah, that's good for them.

This is negated by the fact that I currently list two losses to Max in my text document of my records for this season.
Just because a stupid rule doesn't affect me doesn't mean I can't disagree with it or try to change it.

I'm not taking Sonic advice from someone who doesn't even play him, or hasn't.

You say your school sucks all the time.....now they're good. It changes how you need it to be to support your arguements.

It's not negated. Whether they are listed or not you're still arguing against it.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
What exactly did that sentence negate? Def not the whole thing I wrote, and probably just "How can you say that you going exclusively mk vs ics makes the win worth less, but kai can't say he goes diddy exclusively vs (insert character)? It is the SAME situation, but with different characters." that.

Note I said WORTH LESS, not worthless. In one situation you are compromising someones win over another player by categorizing said players mains into 1 and 2. But not allowing for the same to be done against you. Atomsk has a 1-10 that are all really good. If I beat his mk, ics, luigi, snake, olimar, I guess it means less than beating his d3, even when I'm using diddy or falco?

Top Bottom