• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Zucco

Smash Master
lol I might just do that MM. I find Iceys to be really easy for Lucario.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
MK banned tournament sets should count imo, not having the option to switch to MK is the same as playing a character-locked money match.

(so long as neither player mains MK)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
MK banned tournament sets should count imo, not having the option to switch to MK is the same as playing a character-locked money match.

(so long as neither player mains MK)
I think they should count too if low tier matches with mains are going to count.

If it was up to me though I'd scratch both low tiers and MK banned tournies from counting for rankings.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I think they should count too if low tier matches with mains are going to count.

If it was up to me though I'd scratch both low tiers and MK banned tournies from counting for rankings.
If low tiers counts then mk banned counts.

Neither should count.

In conclusion, QFT

Max Ketchum

I agree with what Keitaro said, but removing low tiers and MK banned tournaments for the sake of them not allowing all options means that you should remove character-locked MMs too.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I agree with what Keitaro said, but removing low tiers and MK banned tournaments for the sake of them not allowing all options means that you should remove character-locked MMs too.
I see what you're saying but agreeing to a set(locked) doesn't seem the same as entering a side event with specific rules to me. When I accept a matchup it's one that I'm confident in and understand or just isn't too bad for my character. In low tiers and mk banned events you don't know what to expect. I don't think you should be penalized(if you care about rankings) for entering a side event.

Max Ketchum

I see what you're saying, but it's still a tournament for money, and you're using your main character (obviously if somebody doesn't main a low tier then it doesn't count). Side event or not, you paid to enter and are probably taking a set against somebody who poses a threat seriously, no? Beating that character of yours is an accomplishment, I'd say. Winning a set in low tiers/some other restricted tournament form is no different from winning a $5 set character MM.

Losses don't penalize someone (outside of head-to-head discussion which is mostly tiebreaker) anyway, so it's no big deal. I just think that the fact that low tiers is a side event doesn't mean that it should have its status as a legitimate tournament ignored.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I see what you're saying, but it's still a tournament for money, and you're using your main character (obviously if somebody doesn't main a low tier then it doesn't count). Side event or not, you paid to enter and are probably taking a set against somebody who poses a threat seriously, no? Beating that character of yours is an accomplishment, I'd say. Winning a set in low tiers/some other restricted tournament form is no different from winning a $5 set character MM.

Losses don't penalize someone (outside of head-to-head discussion which is mostly tiebreaker) anyway, so it's no big deal. I just think that the fact that low tiers is a side event doesn't mean that it should have its status as a legitimate tournament ignored.
I would normally agree if the person beaten had only that main as their option in a tournament. All of the top low tiers players in our area ALL have characters at their disposal that aren't allowed in Low tiers. I don't see why it should count towards rankings when non of us have all our options that a normal event would allow us.

Max Ketchum

So you're basically agreeing on what I said about the MMs, then? I do know what you mean about the personal agreement thing, but by signing up for a tournament, you're basically agreeing to be responsible for what happens to the money you spent to enter it.

I think we're pretty much on the same page here, lol.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
So you're basically agreeing on what I said about the MMs, then? I do know what you mean about the personal agreement thing, but by signing up for a tournament, you're basically agreeing to be responsible for what happens to the money you spent to enter it.

I think we're pretty much on the same page here, lol.
No, I think character locked mm's are ok. I'll explain at 6. It's very hard to pay attention to beck and post.

Max Ketchum

Alright. I get what you were trying to say before, because you have to agree to lock yourself to that one character in the money match, whereas just entering the character-banned tournaments restricts you.

Zucco

Smash Master
I hate you so much sergio.

I think I'm actually going to learn them now, not that I need them though since I have ness.

Max Ketchum

I'm free Friday after about 12:30. I have school Thursday though. I was gonna go to GamingWorld until I learned about that garbage payout system.

Zucco

Smash Master
I want to. I don't have school this entire week. ill ask brandon if he wants to go or something.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Hold on guys I'm talking with Dan to see what is up. So technically none of you are invited, yet. But I'll inform you guys later if he says yes and lets me choose the guests.

Zucco

Smash Master
man I already sent Brandon an IM about this! he probably wont go though lolz.

Top Bottom