• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Inui

Banned via Warnings
People that think low tiers should count:
Inui

People that think low tiers shouldn't count:
Keitaro
Yes
Chibo
Kai
Ether
Malcolm

Neutral atm:
Eazy

People that think MK banned tournies should count:
Inui
Doom

People that think it shouldn't count:
Keitaro
Kai
Malcolm

Neutral atm:
Eazy
Chibo

Imma keep track of this...

Objection! You are wasting your time with this list of garbage, and the way you are wording it is horrible. You are implying that I think low tier tournaments in general should count, which is false.

Each individual set for cash or in a tournament with legit rules will be looked at individually and weighed by the panelists. That is why we exist. If you are unwilling to use your brain and analyze sets as a panelists, then quit.

It doesn't matter if you and everyone else objects to counting a low tier tournament set when people main those characters. It doesn't matter if you get everyone to side with you about it. What counts is what goes down in the panelist discussions, and we all know who's going to win there. I will prove that a set matters if it truly does.

I doubt you're more knowledgibly about Sonic then ****ing Malcolm, so don't act like hes wrong when you honestly don't know and have bias because you think he beats your character. You must keep in mind who he is, his opinion matters more then most people when it comes to Sonic so don't dismiss stuff as Bull****.

No meatriding intended.

Also Keitaro, I don't think Low tiers or MK banned tournaments should count for ranking's at all.

I couldn't care less about his knowledge of Sonic. I'm talking about his ridiculous opinion on the Ike vs Sonic match-up, of which I am highly extremely massively superly experienced in against Sonics all across the nation. I'm a top Ike.

Ike is ***** by Sonic, plain and simple. Malcolm is dead wrong.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
We've stated the arguements of low tiers counting for anybody. The list is a good idea because it shows how a select few may be making rules that the majority disagree with.

Malcolm is THE top sonic(whether he still plays him or not). Playing a bunch of other less experienced ones doesnt count for much.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Hmm I wonder how much power Inui will hold when he no longer throws the biggest tournies in town. Should be interesting.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
It's an even matchup.

Just because you lose it to people you deem yourself better than ...doesn't make it any worse. You are just not as good as you believe to be in that matchup...in low tiers...or in general. I'm not sure which it is, but that is your personal problem and not a matchup problem.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
It's an even matchup.

Just because you lose it to people you deem yourself better than ...doesn't make it any worse. You are just not as good as you believe to be in that matchup...in low tiers...or in general. I'm not sure which it is, but that is your personal problem and not a matchup problem.
No, it's not. Sonic can avoid Ike the entire match and infinitely edgeguard him with the spring. I'm waaaaay more experienced in it than you are and more experienced in general. You don't know what you're talking about.

What's wrong Inui, is your leadership crumbling? :laugh:
No.

It would appear you're back to your old hobby of dedicating half your posts to taking shots at me. Stop. Now. This is not a request. It is a demand. Do not push me.

Hmm I wonder how much power Inui will hold when he no longer throws the biggest tournies in town. Should be interesting.
I will always host. I will always be NJ's king. ;)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

Objection! You are wasting your time with this list of garbage, and the way you are wording it is horrible. You are implying that I think low tier tournaments in general should count, which is false.

Each individual set for cash or in a tournament with legit rules will be looked at individually and weighed by the panelists. That is why we exist. If you are unwilling to use your brain and analyze sets as a panelists, then quit.

It doesn't matter if you and everyone else objects to counting a low tier tournament set when people main those characters. It doesn't matter if you get everyone to side with you about it. What counts is what goes down in the panelist discussions, and we all know who's going to win there. I will prove that a set matters if it truly does.
Well I'm 1 tourney away from being active this season so ill be a panelist especially since most people don't wanna be a panelist anyway.

Also who are the other panelists btw?

And this list was made to show all of NJ what we think about these situations. It also shows that if the panelists decide to go against what more than 75% percent of the rest of NJ believe then the rankings will look stupid.

Anyone can see that.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
No, it's not. Sonic can avoid Ike the entire match and infinitely edgeguard him with the spring. I'm waaaaay more experienced in it than you are and more experienced in general. You don't know what you're talking about.
You are right its not like malcolmM plays Ninjalink's Ike ever you know!

And this list was made to show all of NJ what we think about these situations. It also shows that if the panelists decide to go against what more than 75% percent of the rest of NJ believe then the rankings will look stupid.
QFT listen to common sense. I think everyone in NJ is tired of having to deal with people that want to be ranked high and use ways to find it ( albiet interesting ways:))

Chen Li Cha

Smash Journeyman
Lmao guys, funny stuff. I want to join in. I put 0 effort into this, since it isn't hard to see what is going on here. No offense to anyone of course, the usually. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSt2vHqNMuk Sorry guys, I had to butcher this video a lot to make the copy rights work. Funimation wants my head and youtube agrees so yeah, might not be able to make anymore videos unless you want half *****, edited **** ones with flashes of light.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
That was so freicken hilarious, one of my fav vids of yours

I was literally laughing out loud at work when you said "This is not a request. It is a demand. Do not push me."

If you need to work around the copyrights and stuff you can either upload your videos to blip.tv or when you upload them to youtube, you can dispute the claim and have it put back up since your doing nothing wrong (and not making a profit). hit me up on aim if you need to dispute one of your vids (aim: chibosempai) and il tell u what u need to type in for it to work right.

Allied

Smash Master
lmao Guys, Funny Stuff. I Want To Join In. I Put 0 Effort Into This, Since It Isn't Hard To See What Is Going On Here. No Offense To Anyone Of Course, The Usually. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lst2vhqnmuk Sorry Guys, I Had To Butcher This Video A Lot To Make The Copy Rights Work. Funimation Wants My Head And Youtube Agrees So Yeah, Might Not Be Able To Make Anymore Videos Unless You Want Half *****, Edited **** Ones With Flashes Of Light.
Rofl:mao Omg

Allied

Smash Master
it is and more montagey than ever :D

everyone split different ways now

astaldo is on thrall server with RA

Diem and ninjaedd quit for Call of duty

Ether just quit

I play horde side on archimonde now (pvp purposes)

Smatter quit

Robx computer sucks
=(

fkacyan

Smash Hero
it is and more montagey than ever :D

everyone split different ways now

astaldo is on thrall server with RA

Diem and ninjaedd quit for Call of duty

Ether just quit

I play horde side on archimonde now (pvp purposes)

Smatter quit

Robx computer sucks
=(
I know Smatter quit, me and him play Borderlands.

None of you guys minus Astaldo are on vent right now, lol.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well I'm 1 tourney away from being active this season so ill be a panelist especially since most people don't wanna be a panelist anyway.

Anyone can see that.
You are right its not like malcolmM plays Ninjalink's Ike ever you know!

QFT listen to common sense. I think everyone in NJ is tired of having to deal with people that want to be ranked high and use ways to find it ( albiet interesting ways:))
I love seeing our state leaders doing the opposite of what our state wants.
Quit your *****ing.

The list has never been inaccurate and it never will be.

You are wasting your time complaining.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
THE most accurate NJ power rankings

1. me
2-15: plebians
∞: Cyanide
FIXED YOUR GROSS INACCURACY.

Seriously, somebody might mistake me for a plebian.

On a serious note, low tiers and MK-banned tourneys counting for rankings is a joke, and anybody who thinks they should shouldn't have anything to do with the rankings system.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
FIXED YOUR GROSS INACCURACY.

Seriously, somebody might mistake me for a plebian.

On a serious note, low tiers and MK-banned tourneys counting for rankings is a joke, and anybody who thinks they should shouldn't have anything to do with the rankings system.

People that think low tiers should count:
Inui
Daisho

People that think low tiers shouldn't count:
Keitaro
Yes
Chibo
Kai
Ether
Malcolm
Vex
Alex Strife
Bleachigo

Neutral atm:
Eazy
Doom

People that think MK banned tournies should count:
Inui
Doom

People that think it shouldn't count:
Keitaro
Kai
Malcolm
Vex
Alex Strife
Bleachigo

Neutral atm:
Eazy
Chibo

Is that suppose to mean something eh?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Is that suppose to mean something eh?
I hadn't looked at the list, and nor do I care who's on it. All that matters is that the tourneys absolutely should not count. The game is far too matchup dependent to say that the various styles of play are equivalent.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
xD i just find the quote funny (in cyan's sig)
That was from the MK Ban debate thread. Dude tried to argue that because he was Xyro, his insubstantial argument mattered more. I made an eloquent post on why he was a blazing idiot, and that post from Sky was the result.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
haha yeah i checked it to see how you ***** someone. i still dunno who xyro is. i just know that people say his samus is good or w/e

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Not really since if we all disagree with LT and MK banned tournaments being used for PR. IDK I think its interesting.
Plenty of you nubs have complained in the past about what should count and stuff like that...but in the end the list ends up perfectly accurate.

Shut the **** up.

Seriously, lol. Every single time, this crap happens, and then you people see the list, and nobody complains. Apparently what I do is right.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Plenty of you nubs have complained in the past about what should count and stuff like that...but in the end the list ends up perfectly accurate.

Shut the **** up.

Seriously, lol. Every single time, this crap happens, and then you people see the list, and nobody complains. Apparently what I do is right.
Corrolation does not imply causation.

Top Bottom