• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
the fact that he still put it up there as a lost shows he counts it as a lost. However it is stated that mk ban tournaments are not allowed.
Really?? Considering low tiers matches where people used their low tier mains count i thought for sure mk banned tournament matches would count in some form.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
It's situation-dependent. If it's something like Inui vs. Kai (Ike vs. Sonic) in low tiers, and that counts, then Keitaro vs. Vex or something in a MK-banned tournament should count too. If neither player had intentions of using the banned characters (see: mains one of the allowed characters), then there's no difference, is there?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
It's situation-dependent. If it's something like Inui vs. Kai (Ike vs. Sonic) in low tiers, and that counts, then Keitaro vs. Vex or something in a MK-banned tournament should count too. If neither player had intentions of using the banned characters (see: mains one of the allowed characters), then there's no difference, is there?
I really dont wanna get into this BUT my original arguement from the start about not counting low tiers, or at least certainly not as much is bc all options are not availible. A regular tourny match where char CPing takes place can't happen and thus the results should not be counted, at least certainly not as much. It doesnt take a genius to see that brawl is HEAVILY impacted by matchups.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I agree Chris, but it still matches up with the rules for the rankings. Serious set involving mains for $5 or more.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I agree Chris, but it still matches up with the rules for the rankings. Serious set involving mains for $5 or more.
Yes I know. I still think that rule is stupid. I'm sure my fox can beat quite a few people that attend stuff regularly. I think it'd be stupid for it not to count for me bc "he's not a main"

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
*pauses discussion*

I just want to be in the honorable mentions of skilled unranked players in the region. That is all.

*unpauses discussion*

OBT

Savior of the Pandas
NNID
smuckersjam
Name :Heavy Garbage
*Which game you play actively- Brawl
*County: Middlesex
*City: East Brunswick
Contact Info: Getalifefatty100
Brawl FCs: 2793 0304 0923
Crew: None

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Hmm, NJ is about to get really weak I guess. Sad day indeed.
I'm like rly good now dude lololol wtf @ this insult to me.

Yeah, it's situation dependant.

Idk about me vs Max. Like, I'd never ever go anything but MK vs ICs, but MK was banned (and there were 7 neutrals), and such rules deviate from the "standard" that the rankings require, while low tier tournaments actually do not.

I don't think it counting as a loss will hurt me because I'm currently the only one in the state with an actual win over him.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Stop fearing me/seeding me away from you next time then :laugh:.
Nah, I got the rust off of my Dedede and learned new stuff with him. I beat a Snake better than yours with Dedede at GameTable and I know how to fight Wario kinda well.

I'll fight you no prob right now.

I entered a tourny with my main banned, didn't try besides against Eazy and Vex, got 4th losing to IC death CGs and not having MK, and you didn't even enter lololol...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
you're good but I don't think you are 2nd in New Jersey when it comes to Singles.
According to results right now, I am. :)

Of course Kelvin has been inactive, Trevor has been squandering, and Kashif doesn't enter stuff anything, but I'll be ranked 2nd at this rate.

I'm actually beating good players and doing well in singles again like I used to. I'm waaaaaaay better than people give me credit for. Imo I caught up to the same skill level people like Atomsk and ksizzle are at (2nd tier beneath M2K/Ally/ADHD/Anti), but I'm being held back massively by my Snake weakness.

Zucco

Smash Master
According to results right now, I am. :)

Of course Kelvin has been inactive, Trevor has been squandering, and Kashif doesn't enter stuff anything, but I'll be ranked 2nd at this rate.

I'm actually beating good players and doing well in singles again like I used to. I'm waaaaaaay better than people give me credit for. Imo I caught up to the same skill level people like Atomsk and ksizzle are at (2nd tier beneath M2K/Ally/ADHD/Anti), but I'm being held back massively by my Snake weakness.
Sadly Kelvin wont be ranked this Season if what he told me is true, so you'll probably be 3rd at least though If I find enough money to keep going to tourneys Im going to challenge you for it:). Trevor will start bringing back the **** soon enough and with wyatt still around I honestly dont think anyone will change the top 2 by the end of the season.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Interesting. I'm going to have fun ****** the balls off you Inui :p <3
I think you're a top contender if you stay active but I'm going to be ahead of you in the rankings.

And I pretty much always will be.

Because I use better characters and go to more events.

Not saying you're bad or will always be worse than me.

Sadly Kelvin wont be ranked this Season if what he told me is true, so you'll probably be 3rd at least though If I find enough money to keep going to tourneys Im going to challenge you for it:). Trevor will start bringing back the **** soon enough and with wyatt still around I honestly dont think anyone will change the top 2 by the end of the season.
Let's see what Trevor does, then. I think he's better than me, but his results are iffy now.

Zucco

Smash Master
Im sure those MMs he did over the weekend should help him out. O and when does this season end?

O yeah and Pierce is definitely a top contender for the spot too.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Im sure those MMs he did over the weekend should help him out. O and when does this season end?
Yeah, they do, but I got my own big wins too, including one over THE INCREDIBLE MAX LOLOLOLOL. :laugh:

It should end 8 weekends after October 3rd with extra weekends added if we need to because of activity issues, and the 3rd was the first weekend of the season. The title of the thread is gay and misleading. The rankings were finalized before October 5th.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
In all honesty if its my time to not be as good as I used to then so be it. I had fun while it lasted. I shall try to bring back the **** I suppose.

Top Bottom