• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Zucco

Smash Master
Zucco is more consistent on me? He's lost like 5 low tier tourny sets and won 1 normal tourny set, and that's the only normal tourny set we ever played. Kai beat me 2 times this season and lost 2 times.
Why is my consistency being based off low tiers? thats what I meant.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Hes trying to take away my win vs you due to LT. Its diminishing my list, not improving his own
You beat my best character skillwise in two sets for cash in a match-up not worse than 60/40 (I was obviously just being a whiny baby at Palpi's because fighting Sonic is boring).

I have a ton of pride in my Ike and frequently use him in real tournaments. Zucco is insulting me if he thinks a win on my Ike doesn't count. If it doesn't, then I guess he didn't fully beat me in the normal event, ne?

Why is my consistency being based off low tiers? thats what I meant.
Are you just THAT butthurt that Kai should be above you, kid?

Chibo said you're more consistent against me than Kai, but that's stupid since we've played one time in a set you view as serious. Kai and I both main a legal low tier character, and he's taken two sets from my Ike this season while I've beaten him twice.

You're not more consistent than him. You just haven't played me as much.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
dmbrandon : Inui is obviously unbiased and fit to lead the panel. I suggest we all listen to his superior logic. We're stupid for not paying attention to him more, and I, for one, will be sticking my hand in boiling water as punishment.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Does my falcon punch on Kai get me ranked? :laugh: (wouldn't surprise me if that was considered at this rate)

Hi guys!

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
As it has been stated before, "All serious falcon punches involving mains for $5 or more will be counted toward rankings."

Clearly, it depends on if you seriously mashed the button or if you merely pressed it down.
If you paused the match, stopped the tourney, and called everyone else over to watch, then it should count.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Just because a serious set involving mains for cash matters and occurs during a low tier event doesn't mean such stupid extremes like you people are suggestion are possible.

Grow up. You're hindering the process.

I have never once produced an inaccurate list. NEVER. So all of your complaing is FOR NOTHING.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
so how about that brawl+ rankings? :laugh:
Those count towards brawl singles rankings too.

loool touche

As it has been stated before, "All serious falcon punches involving mains for $5 or more will be counted toward rankings."

Clearly, it depends on if you seriously mashed the button or if you merely pressed it down.
If you paused the match, stopped the tourney, and called everyone else over to watch, then it should count.
It was a reverse falcon punch. Then I proceeded to run up to kai and taunt while he spot dodged :grin:

A large amount of people were watching, including the doubles god.

Sorry Kai and Zucco, but looks like 5th is mine.

daisho

Smash Lord
It would much easier to say, everything I'm forced to do on Saturday is based on a lie, and live your life the way you want to.
Hmm not at all understanding what this means

Does my falcon punch on Kai get me ranked? :laugh: (wouldn't surprise me if that was considered at this rate)

Hi guys!
That is hilarious lol, but is it that hard to hit a DK out of ground pound in a 2 vs 1 situation :laugh:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Those count towards brawl singles rankings too.

loool touche

It was a reverse falcon punch. Then I proceeded to run up to kai and taunt while he spot dodged :grin:

A large amount of people were watching, including the doubles god.

Sorry Kai and Zucco, but looks like 5th is mine.
lmao i know! i think i should be above atomsk cuz of that now :laugh:

I guess you two didn't hear me the first time? Pay attention!

\/

Just because a serious set involving mains for cash matters and occurs during a low tier event doesn't mean such stupid extremes like you people are suggestion are possible.

Grow up. You're hindering the process.

I have never once produced an inaccurate list. NEVER. So all of your complaing is FOR NOTHING.

Now, why isn't the new list up, Kelvin? What are the problems with the one I posted? Nothing changed since the one we both agreed upon besides ADHD getting a boost in doubles he very much so deserved and Zucco actually going up above Malcolm, so I don't know why people are complaining when the previous event already gave him a boost, just not a boost of two spots.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Hmm not at all understanding what this means

That is hilarious lol, but is it that hard to hit a DK out of ground pound in a 2 vs 1 situation :laugh:
You told me your religion prevents your electronic use on saturday. When I saw religion, I used the word lie. It was either that or Tomfoolery

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Because ever panelist did not speak on it yet. and pierce is posting in a couple more minutes so get ready fat man

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'll be brief.

To call me inactive would be foolish. I've been to 5 tourneys this season, and entered singles in three of them. My computer is fully operation. You know my phone works because I called you last night. I also have more direct contact with a far larger player pool than you on a regular basis. I'm not saying you're not a fabulous panelist, with data more organized than my own, but your logic is flawed. In fact, I think I've been to all but one NJ tourney this season. It's only the OOS ones I've missed, and I was at SNES, though not NY or PA. Having Kelvin and Wyatt call me to inform me of results when they compete OOS is not unreasonable at all.

Zucco beat me in tourney, and I think that slightly tips him over the balance on Kai, in addition to the head to head victory.

I propose that in future, rankings are determined only based off of the following matches:
All matches in regular singles tournament, pools and bracket.
All money matches reported or witnessed by a panelist for $5 or more.
All low-tier tourney matches that would result in the winner acquiring money.

All of those sets count, regardless of set count, stage, or circumstance. NO OTHER MATCHES COUNT. This set way is the only way to properly determine whether or not a set is valid. For instance, to say that my win in low tiers counts over Kai is foolish, because Kai did not have the option to pick his Diddy, which would have increased his chance of winning. However, if Kai and I are playing in Winner's Finals of low tiers, this match counts because money is directly on the line, and the players are at a competent enough level to PROVE that the match should count. I can easily say I wasn't trying in a low tier match, especially because it's a side event, and that's the same bad logic that I used when saying MM for less than $5 should count. Excuses and judging must be standard and universal. We cannot properly rank without a standard. There's no point in trying to discuss which is better than another, if we can't even agree on the matches we're using. It's like we always say, NO JOHNS.

Lastly, we need to decide who is in the panel for this upcoming season. I propose that we maintain Inui, Ksizzle, and myself, and add Doom regain Eazy to the panel. Reasoning is as follows:
These players are spread out, and can accurately see how all the players throughout NJ are performing.
These players have all shown reasons why they are resourceful to the panel
These players are all in different crews (EC, SWR, ZB, JUICE, MOB).

First, I believe Inui, Ksizzle and I should discuss my proposal for the rules regarding which matches count for tourney. Then, I believe that we should solidify the incoming rankings list. Lastly, I think that we should discuss who should be on the panel for future seasons. Lucas, Kelvin, your input?

BigM, iKon is definitely better than you, and has more accomplishments.

EDIT: Inui, you are no doubt a good panelist, and well organized to boot, but please do not set yourself up to be foolishly embarrassed. Need I simply point out that you created an incorrect list when you ranked DM above me despite having more wins head to head that season (he beat me the one time, which you used to determine who came out on top), even though I beat him THREE times that season, and you neglected to included a win over ATOMSK in a MM that season?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Oh, please forgive me Kai. I meant to ask you before I posted that:

Can you give me a list of the alleged 8 MMs that I should be considering. They may tip you over Zucco, but I am not aware of them. I saw a list of your impressive accomplishments, but I did not see 8 money matches there. If you indeed have 8 overlooked wins, you may be above Zucco.

EDIT: @ Chris :(

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Oh, please forgive me Kai. I meant to ask you before I posted that:

Can you give me a list of the alleged 8 MMs that I should be considering. They may tip you over Zucco, but I am not aware of them. I saw a list of your impressive accomplishments, but I did not see 8 money matches there. If you indeed have 8 overlooked wins, you may be above Zucco.

EDIT: @ Chris :(
The 8 mm's were part of the list. The only thing that needed to be added were .com, chibo, and juice. Inui again as well

daisho

Smash Lord
You told me your religion prevents your electronic use on saturday. When I saw religion, I used the word lie. It was either that or Tomfoolery
Basically I decided that it's not worth arguing with my parents about it because it will accomplish nothing. If I am living in the home of my parents they are not going to let me borrow the car to go to a tournament. I am perfectly fine with following this religion at home and when I am away ignoring it (such as when I go to college and when I move out). Sure it sucks in the time being because I have decided that I don't believe in this religion and still have to follow it for about a year but there is no other solution (praying is sooo boring, but nothing is as bad as having to take four more classes in high school than everyone else and then have colleges just ignore it...)

Pierced's ideas are too amazing for new jersey, quick someone get out of the way!

Inui

Banned via Warnings

I'll handle this for my little brother. A von Karma's logic is always perfect.

To call me inactive would be foolish. I've been to 5 tourneys this season, and entered singles in three of them. My computer is fully operation. You know my phone works because I called you last night.

5 tournaments out of 9 weekends (one of them was tiny and eh) and you barely ever post in the regional zone or results thread... I have every reason to believe you are not that active. You are suited to be a panelist right now, but not moreso than Doom.

I also have more direct contact with a far larger player pool than you on a regular basis.

Only a foolish fool too foolish to even know that he is a fool would foolishly utter such foolishness!

I see more players than you constantly because I am far more active. I am constantly on the boards with them. This has to be a joke.

Zucco beat me in tourney, and I think that slightly tips him over the balance on Kai, in addition to the head to head victory.

Kai has beaten me not once, but twice. Sorry, but I am a bigger fish than you.

I propose that in future, rankings are determined only based off of the following matches:
All matches in regular singles tournament, pools and bracket.
All money matches reported or witnessed by a panelist for $5 or more.
All low-tier tourney matches that would result in the winner acquiring money.
Agreed.

Agreed.

Not agreed; all tournament sets are for cash because you pay to enter and winning puts you closer to cash.

All of those sets count, regardless of set count, stage, or circumstance. NO OTHER MATCHES COUNT. This set way is the only way to properly determine whether or not a set is valid. For instance, to say that my win in low tiers counts over Kai is foolish, because Kai did not have the option to pick his Diddy, which would have increased his chance of winning. However, if Kai and I are playing in Winner's Finals of low tiers, this match counts because money is directly on the line, and the players are at a competent enough level to PROVE that the match should count. I can easily say I wasn't trying in a low tier match, especially because it's a side event, and that's the same bad logic that I used when saying MM for less than $5 should count. Excuses and judging must be standard and universal. We cannot properly rank without a standard. There's no point in trying to discuss which is better than another, if we can't even agree on the matches we're using. It's like we always say, NO JOHNS.

Again with this same foolishness... Kai picking Diddy Kong against the likes of you decreases his chances of winning because you main Marth and are amazing against Diddy Kong. In the low tier environment, your character loses. If you beat Kai in a low tier tournament, it's quite the accomplishment, and it definitely matters. Eazy has covered this. I have covered this. I don't know why you try to persist. If I beat Shugo's Sonic in a low tier event, and he mains Sonic, and my character, Ike, loses to Sonic...I will be proud of that win and hope to God that it counts.

That being said, both recent low tier sets with Zucco were for cash. Losers finals the other day, and winners semis at No Maps!. Interesting.

Ike is one of my true mains. If you defeat my Ike in a low tier event, you have beaten me. I will accept the lost. Cloudfox beat me this season. Kai beat me twice this season. Snakeee, Minty, Jash...all beat me. End of story. Do not disrespect my Ike, unless you want to lose to that trash character in tournament next and get embarassed.

Lastly, we need to decide who is in the panel for this upcoming season. I propose that we maintain Inui, Ksizzle, and myself, and add Doom regain Eazy to the panel. Reasoning is as follows:
These players are spread out, and can accurately see how all the players throughout NJ are performing.
These players have all shown reasons why they are resourceful to the panel
These players are all in different crews (EC, SWR, ZB, JUICE, MOB).
Agreed.

BigM, iKon is definitely better than you, and has more accomplishments.
Agreed.

EDIT: Inui, you are no doubt a good panelist, and well organized to boot, but please do not set yourself up to be foolishly embarrassed. Need I simply point out that you created an incorrect list when you ranked DM above me despite having more wins head to head that season (he beat me the one time, which you used to determine who came out on top), even though I beat him THREE times that season, and you neglected to included a win over ATOMSK in a MM that season?
Yes, you do. The other panelists and I looked at everything. You had more head to head wins, but he outdid you overall. Look at something like the last TerraBite as an example.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Man I wish my community wasn't a bunch of friendly guys all with good common sense and logic, active with multiple tournaments like you guys.

lol j/k.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Inui, people can't dedicated their lives to smash. 5/9 weekends is way better than most people's activity. In fact, why are you "jerking off" to doom (figuratively, I hope) so much if you have such a problem with people supporting Zucco?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, people can't dedicated their lives to smash. 5/9 weekends is way better than most people's activity. In fact, why are you "jerking off" to doom (figuratively, I hope) so much if you have such a problem with people supporting Zucco?
Doom is very is active and provides useful information. It's that simple. I am not going to be against him because he disagrees with me about Zucco and Kai. Contrary to what you fools may believe, I am not biased.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Not agreed; all tournament sets are for cash because you pay to enter and winning puts you closer to cash.
I (am a fool) may (foolishly) be totally (foolishly) wrong (because I am a fool) about this (seeing as how I am a fool) but (as a fool) wasn't this an argument that you tried to disprove awhile ago back in the season? It was something about losers finals (I think over Kai) counting but something earlier in the tournament not counting because it wasn't for the infamous $5 or more

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I (am a fool) may (foolishly) be totally (foolishly) wrong (because I am a fool) about this (seeing as how I am a fool) but (as a fool) wasn't this an argument that you tried to disprove awhile ago back in the season? It was something about losers finals (I think over Kai) counting but something earlier in the tournament not counting because it wasn't for the infamous $5 or more
Incorrect. What are you talking about?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Doom is very is active and provides useful information. It's that simple. I am not going to be against him because he disagrees with me about Zucco and Kai. Contrary to what you fools may believe, I am not biased.
You didn't address the fact that pierce was active for more than most people are, and that he's an intelligent and unbiased person that everyone highly respects, which solidifies him as a more than worthy panelist.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You didn't address the fact that pierce was active for more than most people are, and that he's an intelligent and unbiased person that everyone highly respects, which solidifies him as a more than worthy panelist.
Certainly. I did state above that Pierce should be a panelist.

And so should Doom.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I suggest a vote among the panelists should decide that. Contrary to what you (and only you) think, the panel is a round table, aka no one is special and everyone has equal say.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
alright fine. everyone tomoro at 6 get on aim and im me

everyone = doom pierce inui....eazy? lol
I will be spending time with my wonderful princess. I couldn't care less about the internet when I am with her. Get this over with now. I have provided a very good list. What do you think should be changed?

Top Bottom