• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Well there are a few. One is a dugeon RPG called Izuna 2. It is pretty kewl and has ninjas and trust me you can never have a problem with it. Obviously Chrono Trigger on DS is too good. Then you got the world ends with you that has a great story. That are just the popular ones.

As far as other DS games that I play...sonic comes to mind XD. But I mean almost all RPGs on the DS are well made for the most part. Heck if I could recommend ANY game right now it would be Star Wars Knights of the OLD Republic its was a great RPG with a story to match.

Thats all I know from the top of my head to be honest.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Well there are a few. One is a dugeon RPG called Izuna 2. It is pretty kewl and has ninjas and trust me you can never have a problem with it. Obviously Chrono Trigger on DS is too good. Then you got the world ends with you that has a great story. That are just the popular ones.

As far as other DS games that I play...sonic comes to mind XD. But I mean almost all RPGs on the DS are well made for the most part. Heck if I could recommend ANY game right now it would be Star Wars Knights of the OLD Republic its was a great RPG with a story to match.

Thats all I know from the top of my head to be honest.
I've played every sonic game so that doesnt help much.

I've played chrono trigger.

I don't like star wars.

I googled Izuna.....doesn't look like its for me lol.

Thx but I'll just keep looking. I'm playing crisis core atm and actually am enjoying it so I'll finish this first lol.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
PSP - Tales of Destiny II

DS- Dragon Quest 5 or Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. They are both kinda "kiddy" but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying it too much.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
PSP - Tales of Destiny II

DS- Dragon Quest 5 or Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. They are both kinda "kiddy" but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying it too much.
I dislike DQ5 and I've beaten the Mario and Luigi games for DS. I'll gives Tales of Destiny 2 a try though.

Edit: is ToD 2 japanese only? -__- If so, not worth the time

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
HP was only good if you read the books. If you didn't, it was a waste of $10. Pierce and I went to the 12:45 AM show last night/today/whatever you'd call it, then walked back to my dad's and got in at 4 AM, rofl. We both loved it.
what? i read all the books and so did all of my friends with me. they didnt even live up to the book for most of the parts especially in the end SPOILERS**** where dumbledore was about to die. harry was supposed to be paralyzed in the invisibility cloak but he was under the telescope???? wtf. thats just one of many things they didnt live up to and that was the only exciting part of the movie. everything else was just a **** love story and that wasnt the whole book

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Wow stealing someones teammate, then trash talking them in such a way? That's flat out low Inui. If you had the balls to do anything about the situation, when you found out you would have told the TO that JFox was teaming with KosMos, not you.

And I care...why?

If he thinks I'm enough of an evil mastermind to know he wanted Kosmos beforehand, then I'll take that as a compliment and be proud of it. You should know by now that I'm extremely nice to my friends but just as mean to my enemies, and JFox made himself one over the past few weeks. I was given a chance to do something to him, and I took it. The sad thing for him is that he can't possibly do anything to me.

I was under the impression that I was teaming with Kosmos for at least two weeks. Ask anyone that hangs out with me.

You need to understand something about me, Chibo. I'm an extremely loyal person. I'm a very good friend. I'm very generous towards those I like.

However, if someone crosses me, I will destroy them and/or my relationship with them without remorse or hesitation. That's how I roll.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
A NJ admin doesn't HAVE to be part of the NJ community *hint* *hint*

Either way, there are some cool plans in the works.

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
If you're up for a quasi-RPG but great game, Rune Factory 1-2 plays like an old school Zelda game (top-down view and single button sword slashing) but it's also Harvest Moon dating sim/farming. I enjoyed it! Other than the FF games for DS and Chrono Trigger it's the RPG I enjoyed the most.

EDIT: Also, Keitaro had enough free time to re-create the entire doubles bracket of one of the terra-bite tournaments last year out of boredom. I'm sure he'd be capable of keeping up with player finder.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
EDIT: Also, Keitaro had enough free time to re-create the entire doubles bracket of one of the terra-bite tournaments last year out of boredom. I'm sure he'd be capable of keeping up with player finder.
True, but I care more about brackets then the finder :p But I care alot about brackets.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
what? i read all the books and so did all of my friends with me. they didnt even live up to the book for most of the parts especially in the end SPOILERS**** where dumbledore was about to die. harry was supposed to be paralyzed in the invisibility cloak but he was under the telescope???? wtf. thats just one of many things they didnt live up to and that was the only exciting part of the movie. everything else was just a **** love story and that wasnt the whole book
Ah, I didn't know if you read 'em or not. I was just saying that for all intents and purposes.

Yeah, of course the movies never live up to the books. It's always like that, unfortunately. Yesterday, I spent a lot of time online reviewing the plot of the entire series, and I did realize how many discrepancies there were (Kreacher wasn't even in the ****ing movie). Still, the movie was well-made. As a movie, it was excellent. As a visual depiction of the book and piece of the series' story, I can agree that it was lacking.

I do disagree, however, with the love story part. I don't think it was overcentralized at all.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Ah, I didn't know if you read 'em or not. I was just saying that for all intents and purposes.

Yeah, of course the movies never live up to the books. It's always like that, unfortunately. Yesterday, I spent a lot of time online reviewing the plot of the entire series, and I did realize how many discrepancies there were (Kreacher wasn't even in the ****ing movie). Still, the movie was well-made. As a movie, it was excellent. As a visual depiction of the book and piece of the series' story, I can agree that it was lacking.

I do disagree, however, with the love story part. I don't think it was overcentralized at all.

well, gotta try to see this movie soon. i've read all the books... i usually can enjoy the movies, but i'm always a bit disappointed (especially with the 5th one)
me and my sister are big fans, and she said the movie was awful because many things weren't explained that are very important to the story and for what happens in the seventh one...
they always do that **** though, it's annoying to see because it's not even like they can't fit all of the story into the movie, they go into too much detail about some small parts instead of the main story.

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
well, gotta try to see this movie soon. i've read all the books... i usually can enjoy the movies, but i'm always a bit disappointed (especially with the 5th one)
me and my sister are big fans, and she said the movie was awful because many things weren't explained that are very important to the story and for what happens in the seventh one...
they always do that **** though, it's annoying to see because it's not even like they can't fit all of the story into the movie, they go into too much detail about some small parts instead of the main story.
Just play Pokemon competitively <3 loll

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
get a psp and put mario rpg on there. end of story
I asked Cy spcifically for a new rpg bc I've played old ones like chrono trigger and mario rpg. I have it on my psp anyway. Not that I need it. I prefer to just put my cartridge in my snes since I have it.

Forget I asked. Everyone's suggestions suck. I wouldnt have asked at all if I knew Cy didn't have a psp.

"End of story"-Chibo quote :laugh:

Edit: didnt see emu's post. Thx man, but I am in no way a fan of zelda games, especially the older ones :(

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
regardless of everything u just said, play mario rpg again anyway. you cant end the story after i already ended it. but to ruin ur line of end of stories... end of story.

edit:

I will MM any smasher not named Mow or UltimaScout in Pokemon.
me. $8,000,000. end of story

fkacyan

Smash Hero
regardless of everything u just said, play mario rpg again anyway. you cant end the story after i already ended it. but to ruin ur line of end of stories... end of story.

edit:

me. $8,000,000. end of story
Glorified rocks-paper-scissors with a community as if not more scrubby than Brawl?

You have to be kidding me.

They banned / tier-separated half the combos I use. What a joke.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Chibo, I will take that bet, and expect you to honor your entire savings in the event that you do not have eight million dollars cash at the time of the money match.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
(10:49:27 PM) Yes: 8 million dollar pokemon mm's huh
(10:49:38 PM) ChiboSempai: yea
(10:49:41 PM) ChiboSempai: thats how i roll
(10:49:46 PM) ChiboSempai: iv been savin up a while for this moment
(10:49:50 PM) ChiboSempai: only to double all my money
(10:49:51 PM) Yes: lmfaooo
(10:50:03 PM) Yes: 6 on 6 all muk let's go
(10:50:08 PM) ChiboSempai: WOW
(10:50:10 PM) ChiboSempai: ok
(10:50:12 PM) ChiboSempai: il go with like
(10:50:25 PM) ChiboSempai: garchomp
(10:50:27 PM) ChiboSempai: mewtwo
(10:50:29 PM) ChiboSempai: alakazam
(10:50:31 PM) ChiboSempai: gengar
(10:50:34 PM) Yes: mewtwo's allowed?
(10:50:38 PM) ChiboSempai: charizard for awesome
(10:50:41 PM) ChiboSempai: and grimer for lulz
(10:50:45 PM) Yes: lmaooo
(10:50:51 PM) ChiboSempai: against an all muk team hes allowed
(10:50:57 PM) Yes: hahahahahaha

Thio - what are you talking about? Only things deemed to be broken are banned. And unlike Smash, they aren't afriad to ban things. Additionally, as the metagame progresses and evolves, they revisit things they banned and sometimes unban them, and possibly ban new things. The game alone through the help of Shoddy has the most in depth stat tracking you could ever wish for in stat tracking in ANY game. they have exact percentages and numbers from ladder match data (think like rankings or money matches in Smash) of what characters are used how often, which characters are used in conjunction with others, which movesets characters run, which characters are leads, everything. They don't ban combos per se, they just ban overpowered pokemon, and the occasional tactic such as putting more than one pokemon asleep on ur opponents team (as one incredibly fast pokemon with a reliable sleep move would essentially become extremely OP). Some tiny luck factors have also been removed, like freezing more than 2 of your opponents pokemon at a time (since there are no auto freeze moves). if they banned any of your tactics that your angry about, its because your cheap and lame and probably cant win without the aid of such ridiculous techniques. play uber tier battles so no pokemon is banned. and some ppl play without item, sleep, etc clause.

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
Glorified rocks-paper-scissors with a community as if not more scrubby than Brawl?

You have to be kidding me.

They banned / tier-separated half the combos I use. What a joke.
(10:49:27 PM) Yes: 8 million dollar pokemon mm's huh

Thio - what are you talking about? Only things deemed to be broken are banned. And unlike Smash, they aren't afriad to ban things. Additionally, as the metagame progresses and evolves, they revisit things they banned and sometimes unban them, and possibly ban new things. The game alone through the help of Shoddy has the most in depth stat tracking you could ever wish for in stat tracking in ANY game. they have exact percentages and numbers from ladder match data (think like rankings or money matches in Smash) of what characters are used how often, which characters are used in conjunction with others, which movesets characters run, which characters are leads, everything. They don't ban combos per se, they just ban overpowered pokemon, and the occasional tactic such as putting more than one pokemon asleep on ur opponents team (as one incredibly fast pokemon with a reliable sleep move would essentially become extremely OP). Some tiny luck factors have also been removed, like freezing more than 2 of your opponents pokemon at a time (since there are no auto freeze moves). if they banned any of your tactics that your angry about, its because your cheap and lame and probably cant win without the aid of such ridiculous techniques. play uber tier battles so no pokemon is banned. and some ppl play without item, sleep, etc clause.
Dayumz get rapedd kid lol Good shiet Chibo

fkacyan

Smash Hero
It's not a question of being afraid to ban, it's whether or not there is the need to ban, and that's highly debatable. I'm not going to deny the statistics; as it is, there are tiers within tiers similarly to how MK dominates this. Like I said, Pokemon is glorified rocks-paper-scissors; provided you have hours and hours and hours to spend breeding for good IVs and then EV training your team, all you have to do is go with a standard moveset and item slot and you can beat 99% of teams just by type advantage.

Also, fast sleepers were only good before Insomnia, Sleep Talk, and items to get rid of sleep. oh, and a huge abundance of first-hit moves. I maintain that the Pokemon community is scrubbier than the Smash community is, and that is based on their "GAH BAN IT" reactions to anything that seems unbeatable (If it gets unbanned, than it never should have been banned).

Actually, my entire post can be summed up by: GO REREAD SIRLIN.

ETA: After G/S/C, aside from tier separation which I can agree with to a point, there was very little worth banning.

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
Get at my starmie. Yo.

**** it even online I sound white.
Lmao at this
It's not a question of being afraid to ban, it's whether or not there is the need to ban, and that's highly debatable. I'm not going to deny the statistics; as it is, there are tiers within tiers similarly to how MK dominates this. Like I said, Pokemon is glorified rocks-paper-scissors; provided you have hours and hours and hours to spend breeding for good IVs and then EV training your team, all you have to do is go with a standard moveset and item slot and you can beat 99% of teams just by type advantage.

Also, fast sleepers were only good before Insomnia, Sleep Talk, and items to get rid of sleep. oh, and a huge abundance of first-hit moves. I maintain that the Pokemon community is scrubbier than the Smash community is, and that is based on their "GAH BAN IT" reactions to anything that seems unbeatable (If it gets unbanned, than it never should have been banned).

Actually, my entire post can be summed up by: GO REREAD SIRLIN.

ETA: After G/S/C, aside from tier separation which I can agree with to a point, there was very little worth banning.
*waits for Chibo's response...*

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Just another addendum:

If Pokemon is as competitive as you say it is, why, with its large-*** playerbase (MUCH bigger than Smash's) that has been around for over a decade never produced a tourney that has had the size or money amount that any other competitive game has had?

I can tell you why: It's glorified rocks-paper-scissors and nobody with half a brain is gonna put money on that **** in a real competition.

Also, lawl @ Shoddy; a non-obligatory system only gets data that is willingly put into it, and that's what we call "volunteer bias" in stats, making the data questionable if not worthless.

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNVYWJOEy9A

There are two things I'm a fanatic for. The first being smash, the second is ADVENTURE TIME.

Adventure time was a 7 minute short made by Pendleton Ward for Nickelodeon. He also made a second short for them called "The Bravest Warriors" which you can watch if you want, but I won't like that one because this post is about Adventure Time. When offered to make Adventure Time a full feature cartoon on Nickelodeon, they didn't do anything with it until eventually they lost the rights at which point Cartoon Network bought Adventure Time.

There's a blog you can follow here: http://frederatorblogs.com/adventure_time/ that'll update with art, storyboards, or random jibber jabber that they decide to post. It looks to be amazing and will be airing most likely early spring of 2010 where you can be sure that I'll post another thread about it. This show is too good. Pendleton Ward is also a storyboardist for the show "The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack" which is also on Cartoon Network if you're interested. I really can't stress how much I love the style of comedy and character this show has to offer. If anyone can post something similar, I'll totally check it out. To give you an example, in one of the storyboards for this show Jake's alarm clock starts rinigng. Finn (who in the short is called Jake) says "What's the alarm for, dude?" to which Jake replies "Trainspotting time dude". Trainspotting, for those who don't know, is slang for shooting heroin. However instead of the characters indulging in illegal substance, a train emerges from a hole in the ground, flies through the air, and lands in another hole about 50 yards next to it. Trust me guys. This is going to be a good show.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNVYWJOEy9A

There are two things I'm a fanatic for. The first being smash, the second is ADVENTURE TIME.

Adventure time was a 7 minute short made by Pendleton Ward for Nickelodeon. He also made a second short for them called "The Bravest Warriors" which you can watch if you want, but I won't like that one because this post is about Adventure Time. When offered to make Adventure Time a full feature cartoon on Nickelodeon, they didn't do anything with it until eventually they lost the rights at which point Cartoon Network bought Adventure Time.

There's a blog you can follow here: http://frederatorblogs.com/adventure_time/ that'll update with art, storyboards, or random jibber jabber that they decide to post. It looks to be amazing and will be airing most likely early spring of 2010 where you can be sure that I'll post another thread about it. This show is too good. Pendleton Ward is also a storyboardist for the show "The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack" which is also on Cartoon Network if you're interested. I really can't stress how much I love the style of comedy and character this show has to offer. If anyone can post something similar, I'll totally check it out. To give you an example, in one of the storyboards for this show Jake's alarm clock starts rinigng. Finn (who in the short is called Jake) says "What's the alarm for, dude?" to which Jake replies "Trainspotting time dude". Trainspotting, for those who don't know, is slang for shooting heroin. However instead of the characters indulging in illegal substance, a train emerges from a hole in the ground, flies through the air, and lands in another hole about 50 yards next to it. Trust me guys. This is going to be a good show.
OH MY GOD, SOMEBODY ELSE WHO KNOWS ABOUT ADVENTURE TIME

MATHEMATICAL

Seriously, too good.

RHOMBUS

Top Bottom