• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Niko_K

Smash Master
Spam made a really risky decision. Knowing that he would die off the top, Ally DI'd away from the center of the stage which slowed down his acceleration to the blast zone. Also prolonging the amount of time it took Ally to be pushed out of the blast zone.

Even if Ally did die the same way as Spam. The acceleration from the Fart would have sent spam off screen first before the fart sent Ally off screen.

ALSO, had ally anticipated the fart, he wouldn't have hit anything and lost his stock.

None the less, Spam is amazing.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Spam made a really risky decision. Knowing that he would die off the top, Ally DI'd away from the center of the stage which slowed down his acceleration to the blast zone. Also prolonging the amount of time it took Ally to be pushed out of the blast zone.

Even if Ally did die the same way as Spam. The acceleration from the Fart would have sent spam off screen first before the fart sent Ally off screen.

ALSO, had ally anticipated the fart, he wouldn't have hit anything and lost his stock.

None the less, Spam is amazing.
My head was thinking full jump fart, which doesn't kill you off the top but for some reason I did full jump double jump fart :(.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
oh i forgot spam double jump farted, i thought it was single. most ppl thought it was the cypher that killed him, so i just went with that lol

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
oh i forgot spam double jump farted, i thought it was single. most ppl thought it was the cypher that killed him, so i just went with that lol
The strangest thing is that you can hear the cypher hit something even though it couldn't possibly have hit Wario by the trajectory it's going at.

Niko_K

Smash Master

The strangest thing is that you can hear the cypher hit something even though it couldn't possibly have hit Wario by the trajectory it's going at.

You took 1 percent for being in the blast zone for X amount of time. Thanks to the lag the cypher gave you while you hit it on it's way up...

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I hate when people say "Oh Spam would have gotten 400+$ if he hadnt lost in that match"

It was 1-1, I would have MAYBE still won the set. -.-
Yeah, I dunno why people say that. It's Brawl, I could have also been JV4 stocked twice by tripping into 6 fully charged fsmashes :(.

In all seriousness, it could have gone either way but you would have had to win on your counterpick and mine so I think I would have a slight advantage by only having to win one more match. I could have still lost though; I've never been grabbed so much as Wario by any character :(.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Just to let everyone know, I consider everything when I do rankings.

Everything.

Set counts, how people win, how well people were playing, doubles, etc. I don't just look at who beat who and that's it. I look at everything in order to make it accurate.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Just to let everyone know, I consider everything when I do rankings.

Everything.

Set counts, how people win, how well people were playing, doubles, etc. I don't just look at who beat who and that's it. I look at everything in order to make it accurate.
Since I can't argue, I wait for some one else to....

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
since when did doubles become a factor? and how can you consider how good a person is playing or how they feel... so ur gonna find out how every1 felt mentally and emotionally everytime they went to a tourney?... how does that work

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Teams clearly matters...it requires a lot of quick thinking and attentiveness to EVERYTHING on the screen, as well as needing to be able to work together with your teammate.

I'm not quite sure exactly when it started counting, though.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Inui always puts a john next to every loss hes like ever had besides m2k. If you want to count it like that, do you know how many of us can take advantage of that..like explaining why player a lost the match to the other player? it came out to the same outcome. Pierce, Keitaro, and Eazy really need to get in on this because us two talking isnt going to solve anything. The johns loss can be taken advantage of and imo it should only be done by the outcome name i.e. : Jband beat Inui :D and wtf? were did teams come into play. someone has a huge ego that needs to be checked.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Me and DM would be ranked last for teams then if we both sd so much :laugh:

teams =/= singles xD

at least not for snake/wario players

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Teams have never counted and never will count.

We already discussed this before Inui and teams do not count because it factors in another person's skill and clearly you team with Atomsk all the time so this benefits you mostly.

Teams do not count.

Since it wasn't clear before, imma say it one more time.

TEAMS DO NOT COUNT!!!!!

Thankyou.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
at least if ur gonna take johns into account put it in the 1st post... add something like... "Johns were helped to create this list" then it would be somewhat reasonable lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
according to inui's way of ranking:

at gimped:
-i did good in winners
-then i got the flu and almost died. my stupid loss in losers doesn't matter
-i did very good in doubles. i only didnt place higher cause rogue got ***** by jash and dark peach :p

at cot4:
-running a giant tourney johns
-people yelling at me johns
-stress johns
-rogue pit ****ed up against jash and samurai panda johns for doubles
-did better on saturday as i wasnt as sick yet and did good in pools but sunday i was sicker and did worse johns except for the one good match against jcaesar counts cause i did good

at viridian city 2:
- iv said since dec 08 i hate falco and got out camped on fd johns
-did well in teams, vex did poorly against inui 2 v 1 and very poorly against vajaja and clutch (though we still won that cause i ***** :) )
-i didnt do good v yes and ksiz, but i said b4 the tourney they would be the hardest team to beat and like... idk, i have some more johns somewhere around here
-i lost to dmbrandom cause we played on a japanese wii and superknight clearly beats "ROBOT"... "ROB" is not in japanese brawl

xzaxfest
-i lost to xzax cause he mains mk johns
-i was pissed off cause the match b4 that the lights were turned on and off 4 times during the 2nd and 3rd match so the cornea of my eyes couldn't adjust and people jumped between us and the tv twice without warning since we were playing in a hallway. i won so no johns, but i was pissed, so johns for next match

some other tournies
-i lost to a lucario cause i didnt DI a fsmash and died at like 90. my wrist hurt (a common problem with my wrist, ankles, and back and i constantly have to stretch move them), and my left hand wasn't on the controller when i got hit. vex specifically saw this happen.

so according to NJ im like 3rd or something, as the only legit match i had the whole season was the one fun set against inui at gimped where i lost

according to PA rankings... NO JOHNS I stepped it up at later tourneys and proved myself to get third to andy and vex. and everyone lived happily ever after.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Teams have never counted and never will count.

We already discussed this before Inui and teams do not count because it factors in another person's skill and clearly you team with Atomsk all the time so this benefits you mostly.

Teams do not count.

Since it wasn't clear before, imma say it one more time.

TEAMS DO NOT COUNT!!!!!

Thankyou.
You're not the law.

I'll count whatever I want when we discuss the rankings, and it's up to you to show why it shouldn't count if that's how you feel, because I can easily show why it should.

The last time the list was made, the original list I made entirely on my own ended up being agreed upon by everyone, and I counted doubles and the answers to "why" and "how" things happened in it. It was entirely accurate according to every other panelist. I don't see why you'd be questioning my methods if they work perfectly.

@Chibo: Get lost. You always stick your nose in NJ's business. You don't see us bothering you in PA's threads all the time.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
You're not the law.

I'll count whatever I want when we discuss the rankings, and it's up to you to show why it shouldn't count if that's how you feel, because I can easily show why it should.

The last time the list was made, the original list I made entirely on my own ended up being agreed upon by everyone, and I counted doubles and the answers to "why" and "how" things happened in it. It was entirely accurate according to every other panelist. I don't see why you'd be questioning my methods if they work perfectly.

@Chibo: Get lost. You always stick your nose in NJ's business. You don't see us bothering you in PA's threads all the time.
Sadly PA has no active threads cuz we have like 20 people in the community LOL

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Don't care what's going on in this thread, just posting to say that I got *********** tonight! I went to the bar(I don't drink, mind you) for a birthday party, with a group of people. Rode with my friend and his girl. I was hitting it off with this deliciously, sexy spanish chick that I remember from high school, a few years back. But my dude and his girl end up wanting to leave early, forcing an adrupt exit during an extremely loud performance caused by the live band on stage! So, I ended not getting the digits! Not cool!

Solution? Just let me win the next few tournaments, so I can get a set of wheels, post-haste!

You may now resume b*tching about random garbage.

Grr, my resolve has been strengthened ten-fold!

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
maybe we finally realized that your methods only help...yourself

lolz stop being a hater and leave chibo alone (i dont believe i just said that XD) he was actually funny and hes cool with most people here.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
maybe we finally realized that your methods only help...yourself
You're dumb.

Even without counting doubles at all (even though it's been established as a tie-breaker at least), I'd still be above you because you haven't done anything to move an established player like me down.

It's time I remind you of your place; below me. I'm going to make sure I don't mess up terribly anymore or let a stage beat me again. This fantasy of yours is over. You're not going to be 4th in NJ. I don't care if you think of me and Atomsk as your Smash role models or w/e you've said before. You're 10,000 years too early to think you're better than me now.

"The last time the list was made, the original list I made entirely on my own ended up being agreed upon by everyone, and I counted doubles and the answers to "why" and "how" things happened in it. It was entirely accurate according to every other panelist. I don't see why you'd be questioning my methods if they work perfectly."

Things I let doubles decide before:
-dmbrandon over Keitaro

OMG, DOUBLES MEANT SO MUCH!

I consider players' tournament performances, not just the number next to their name in the singles results and a bland bracket of "Defeated XXX, Lost to XXX, Defeated XXX, etc."

When I debate about Fire Emblem tier lists, I consider all of these things, as does everyone else:
-Bases
-Growths (risks involved with % growths can be a factor)
-Promotional gains (and when they are gained)
-Join time
-Supports
-Class (weapons, mobility, etc.)
-Cost of use

And probably other stuff as well that just comes up. All of that stuff branches off into considering other things. When debating supports, you also have to consider the supports of that unit's partners since only 5 total supports are allowed, and then you have to consider when they start building and how fast they build.

I'm used to looking at everything.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
i still remember the awesome days of Melee with tri-state. Now NJ blows and wants nothing to do with us for no reason at all.
Every post you make in this thread involves:
-Complaining about something that doesn't affect you
-Criticizing others
-Annoying the living hell out of me and targeting me (I get enough of this out of Kashif, I don't need you too)
-Telling us what to do when we have a more organized and established community than PA

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
forget it. im not argumentative to the point all of nj and my crew will hate me like SOME people. inui wins XD

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I dunno if your going to make 4th this time Inui with what ADHD has been doing recently.

With ADHD popping in there hes going to move you all a space down. And I'd be shocked if he didn't make it in.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
teh_spamerer said he's not entering singles anymore, which means he won't meet the activity requirement to be ranked. That's how I can still be 4th.

Also, it's not too late for me to steal some of ADHD's thunder; I beat him in this season and got 1st at a tournament where he got 7th, and I scored a win against teh_spamerer that day. :D

inb4Iplayedbadlybutstillrapedeveryoneelseandgot2nd

ANTi_

Smash Hero
why are they only talking about your ranking on this seasons power rankings?

and why do you always bring up that one win you got on spamerer lol

Top Bottom