• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Going to SWR's event on the 4th shouldn't be that hard. I'll be able to get my 3rd tourny in b4 April 25th.

COT4, Airman, and SWR

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

How "close" or "far" something is, is relative to the person who is talking. I can say Pluto is close us in comparison to something that's lightyears away. You might think something that's 5 hours away is far, I might think having to walk 5 minutes to the dining hall is far.

Another example: I think something on a dollar menu is cheap. Spammer things it's expensive :laugh:

It's really fun to camp in the teams environment because I get to watch stuff a lot and back up Trevor. I find that fun. I also get to attack a lot when we fight characters I peform much better against. I played super aggressive against Chibo and Vex and ***** them. I also played aggressive against NinjaLink and D1, NinjaLink and BlackWaltz, Dire and Wes, and many other teams because I did much better in the match-ups than my partner. Remember how much I attacked against BlackWaltz and ADHD when we teamed together? I get enough offense in doubles to make me happy.
You didn't really play that aggressive. Maybe sometimes against Vex when he was focusing on out-Penguining Atomsk but a good amount of the match was you keeping your space and playing safe. I know when you tried to go after me 9 times out of 10 I punished you for it lol. (example, u following me high up then dying from my nair at like 75 or something lol). Not to say you played bad, you played kind of amazing you spammer-copying-peesha-**** lol (jk)

also btw, dont forget to consider steel2nd for rankings, he lives in jersey (albeit its near philly) and will be elligible.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I thought I played far more aggressively than normal in that set because Atomsk was getting ***** when he tried to attack. I was safe, but I wasn't camping nearly as much as I usually do.

omg @ Steel2nd

0 impressive wins

0 NJ tournaments so far when 2 are required

NO, NOT HAPPENING

Inui

Banned via Warnings
while he does have some ok wins, i sorta forgot he hasnt been to a nj tourney i think lol
NJ is probably the hardest state to get ranked in. You need impressive, consistent wins in order to just be 15th at this rate. NJ's too strong. NJ is so strong that I'm scared for the first time that I will move down. NJ is so strong that our current 11th rank will probably not be ranked at all despite not being inactive. He just got passed that quickly, by that many players. Steel2nd can't possibly be ranked unless he enters two NJ tournies very soon and ***** at them.

Bleachigo said:
I hate how I don't get to go out enough to get ranked....

I know I'm atleast mentionable worthy though.
No, you're not.

Honorable mentions go to inactive players we know are godlike and can just show up and **** almost everyone, like Ryoko. Other honorable mentions go to players that just miss the rankings but are pretty good and okayish in activity, like DaPuffster last time.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
any notable wins I have would be xzax Chibo and Eazy. whether or not that means anything is up to you. again, I recognize nj as a much harder state and don't expect to be ranked here in the near future.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I've beaten one ranked player so far (Umbra). Hopefully I can take out a few more before the season closes.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Ugh.. All I have is is beating IZUMI lmao.. lolol

Umm and second in pools at cot4 beating NoJ. woopy.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
haha, I haven't seen the pics, but I have read a bit of the spoilers. I save the pics for when I read the chapters.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
who cares XD just kidding. so i guess atomsk definately counts and xzax/ether might count towards it. one more month left. calm down XD

edit: lol doom says atomsk doesnt exist XD

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
But sadly it does. Im sure were only looking for (who beats who). Should it be taken into account how it happened? It still came out to that certain end result.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
He beat Atomsk on silly garbage nonsense, lol. That hardly counts.
I almost beat him again at Airman with a set of BF, Lylat, and Brinstar.

Don't say that it wasn't a lucky win. It counts.

Not to mention this list isn't complete untill SWR's event on the 4th is over.

Max Ketchum

But sadly it does. Im sure were only looking for (who beats who). Should it be taken into account how it happened? It still came out to that certain end result.
So you're saying that if someone wins a match as DDD against a chaingrabbable character at a tourney where Bridge of Eldin is legal, it should count towards the rankings because of the end result, when it was clearly a stupid decision by the TO? That's very comparable to what happened in Atomsk vs. Puff. Atomsk got Japes'd.

"Almost" winning? LOL. That doesn't count towards the ranks. Plus, the game you won was on a bad DDD stage, and Atomsk hadn't even slept the night before.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Atomsk joined the tournament and had a ban on a stage. I really hate to say it since im on trevors side and know what u mean but still =/

Max Ketchum

I think he banned Rainbow because of what happened the last time.

Yes, it's his own fault for entering the tournament, but he certainly wasn't playing near his best, which is why Puff's game over him doesn't really mean anything.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I think he banned Rainbow because of what happened the last time.

Yes, it's his own fault for entering the tournament, but he certainly wasn't playing near his best, which is why Puff's game over him doesn't really mean anything.
Maybe he shouldn't enter tournaments when hes tired if hes going to cause upsets against him.

You can't say that anyone could have beaten Atomsk on japes. We both died from japes the same amount of times. ONE TIME.

At Inui and the B button (Jan) Izumi beat me. Why? Because I screwed off a match when I chose Jiggs to try against his MK on Delfino when he CP'd it. I had won the first match so there wasn't anything to worry about. I lost that match then i lost the next. Should Izumi not be given the credit for beating me when he did? He does get the credit because he DID beat me. This is the same with me and Atomsk.

Its said everywhere, No Johns. Heck I should try being tired every time I go to a tournament so when sombody beats me i'll just say. "Ah, I was tired and I cp'd a gay stage that I regret, so you didn't really beat me."

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Maybe he shouldn't enter tournaments when hes tired if hes going to cause upsets against him.

You can't say that anyone could have beaten Atomsk on japes. We both died from japes the same amount of times. ONE TIME.

At Inui and the B button (Jan) Izumi beat me. Why? Because I screwed off a match when I chose Jiggs to try against his MK on Delfino when he CP'd it. I had won the first match so there wasn't anything to worry about. I lost that match then i lost the next. Should Izumi not be given the credit for beating me when he did? He does get the credit because he DID beat me. This is the same with me and Atomsk.

Its said everywhere, No Johns. Heck I should try being tired every time I go to a tournament so when sombody beats me i'll just say. "Ah, I was tired and I cp'd a gay stage that I regret, so you didn't really beat me."
No, I find it much more entertaining to see you mope around. Plz don't be tired.

Doom- let puff have his win and just focus on the tournys coming up for their comparison. We all know what happened but puff did come out on top.

Max Ketchum

Um...You chose Jiggs against a Metaknight. LOL. That's not even a comparable situation. I know you like to plank like a ***** underneath the stage, but still... <_<

Whatever. Let's count your win against Atomsk, then.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Yea that is kinda ridiculous trying not to count someone's win because they're cp backfired. LOL... i mean you picked the stage for a reason, what did you expect. But not wanting to give him credit is pure bs and is a real b*tch move imo... I think he has all the right in the world to brag as much as he wants. Just like how ally beat spam luckily and walked away wit about $400 extra that he didn't really earn from skill, spam died at like 1%... sh*t happens. And a win is a win no matter how it happens

ANTi_

Smash Hero
lol ToS members fiend to be on the rankings Jigglymaster and Steel2nd

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
What happened in that Ally vs. Spam match, exactly?
Spam vs Ally
Last life each

Ally - 64%
Spam - 0%

Spam Wario Wafts Snake, Both die off the top, but Spam dies by hitting the screen so he dies first. So two things, he died from wario waft at 0 and he died off the front which he would have won if he died in the back with Ally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKxOCsyiXcM
@19:20

Spam would have won the set if he won that match.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
yea thats brawl.... so in all honesty puffs win should count just as much as any other win no matter what happened.... its not like the rules were stupid and its not like japes or rc couldn't have been banned either

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
xzax and Ether are the only wins on that list that matter.
(recoopying to comment: I've beaten K9, ESOJ, Gonzo, Turbo, Atomsk, Lirok, Ether, PRC, and Xzax at COT4 and Airmain Combined.)

Wow really? only xzax and ether? ESOJ is a great diddy from mdva. turbo also isnt bad. atomsk!? i know people are already talking about it. you cant john and say its cause he was playing bad. that happens. it was already a big discussion on the nj thread lol. u cant just say u played bad and invalidate all of the tourney matches. i mean maybe in a situation like its a local tourney like an xzaxfest (lol) with a bunch of friends and ur not always going ur main (they still count but not as much). this was at cot4, the first true national brawl tourney, and the biggest with the most competition. so he got CP'd on japes. since cot4 i have taken norfair off my stage list, but japes is still on. tourneys still use some stages like that. just cause its not on inuis stage list doesnt mean it shouldnt count. say inui wins whobo, but its ok, it wont count at all cause it has a bunch of stupid stages on. dapuff v atomsk was still best of 3, and atomsk coulda banned japes. if ppl in general hated japes and norfair (the two stages ppl argued about) and he rly didnt like it, he could ban japes and be fine cause he knew dapuff wouldnt pick norfair. what kind of diddy in the right mind would cp norfair lol. id say it counts imo.

and if u consider xzax a good win, then steel2nd would be considered (minus the fact he hasnt been to any nj tournies which i forgot lol) cause he has beaten xzax, me (who is ranked higher than xzax), and eazy (who is ranked in nj)

Spam vs Ally
Last life each

Ally - 64%
Spam - 0%

Spam Wario Wafts Snake, Both die off the top, but Spam dies by hitting the screen so he dies first. So two things, he died from wario waft at 0 and he died off the front which he would have won if he died in the back with Ally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKxOCsyiXcM
@19:20

Spam would have won the set if he won that match.
technically spam didnt die at 0, snakes cypher hit him at 0 giving him 1%, and when u take damage outside around the blast zone at a certain area, you die even with that little percent. very bad way to die. spam had that match easy.

Max Ketchum

(recoopying to comment: I've beaten K9, ESOJ, Gonzo, Turbo, Atomsk, Lirok, Ether, PRC, and Xzax at COT4 and Airmain Combined.)

Wow really? only xzax and ether? ESOJ is a great diddy from mdva. turbo also isnt bad. atomsk!? i know people are already talking about it. you cant john and say its cause he was playing bad. that happens. it was already a big discussion on the nj thread lol. u cant just say u played bad and invalidate all of the tourney matches. i mean maybe in a situation like its a local tourney like an xzaxfest (lol) with a bunch of friends and ur not always going ur main (they still count but not as much). this was at cot4, the first true national brawl tourney, and the biggest with the most competition. so he got CP'd on japes. since cot4 i have taken norfair off my stage list, but japes is still on. tourneys still use some stages like that. just cause its not on inuis stage list doesnt mean it shouldnt count. say inui wins whobo, but its ok, it wont count at all cause it has a bunch of stupid stages on. dapuff v atomsk was still best of 3, and atomsk coulda banned japes. if ppl in general hated japes and norfair (the two stages ppl argued about) and he rly didnt like it, he could ban japes and be fine cause he knew dapuff wouldnt pick norfair. what kind of diddy in the right mind would cp norfair lol. id say it counts imo.
Turbo isn't bad, no. ESOJ isn't that great, though. Certainly not as good as xzax or Ether...

and if u consider xzax a good win, then steel2nd would be considered (minus the fact he hasnt been to any nj tournies which i forgot lol) cause he has beaten xzax, me (who is ranked higher than xzax), and eazy (who is ranked in nj)
*sigh*

technically spam didnt die at 0, snakes cypher hit him at 0 giving him 1%, and when u take damage outside around the blast zone at a certain area, you die even with that little percent. very bad way to die. spam had that match easy.
It wasn't the cypher. The cypher does something like 6%. You can kill yourself off the top with the fart.

Top Bottom