• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Inui now since ADHD won the tournament yesterday do you agree that he should be ranked above you?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
doubles should having nothing to do with brawl singles rankings wtf and how did u guys get onto melee its completely irrelevant lol melee didnt have doubles count towards singles rankings O_o
I was a panelist since the very first Melee list for NJ.

I always considered doubles and my list was most often used as the final one with little to no revisions.

Anti said:
Inui now since ADHD won the tournament yesterday do you agree that he should be ranked above you?
ADHD is better than me in singles right now.

It's not too late for me to steal his thunder, though.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
he beat ninjalink twice and snakeee once yesterday to add to anti :D

yo i cant stop listening to justice league opening. its just amazing lmao. while eating chinese food and this argument happen, my day is good XD

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I clearly main Snake Inui so my Snake is beast in doubles?? lol, I never play Snake anymore dude.

And seriously, I've made money off of doubles multiple times when I teamed with people like Izumi (got 3rd and 1st), Yes, and even you where we got 2nd.

Saying I suck after playing doubles friendlies with Rhyme as my partner not playing his main is just ******** and shows how logical your thinking is.

Especially since you can't remember us winning at least half of the matches when I went Falco.

Rhyme and I had won 3 matches in a row the moment I went Falco and when someone asked who's been winning recently you lied and said you and Izumi were.

Now I'm realizing it wasn't a lie and that you either
a) don't remember stuff
b) make up stuff
c) take friendlies too seriously

Especially the last part. As I told Spam before, when I scream and say stuff like "kiss my *** *****es!!" in matches I'm far from taking it seriously.

Anyways I think we should have a vote to see who wants doubles to count and who doesn't want it to count.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
OK time to use random characters in tourny to ruin my rank then XD
Lose to me in tourney, that should instantly drop you off the rankings list.

In all seriousness, if somebody requests not to be ranked then they shouldn't be ****ing ranked.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I'd have no problem going all Toon, Wolf, Kirby, Olimar, Lucas, Link, or PT since i don't care anymore

Keitaro

I'd have no problem going all Toon, Wolf, Kirby, Olimar, Lucas, Link, or PT since i don't care anymore
That's what I started to do but then I fell back in love with Falco.

As for public opinion on doubles counting, so far it 0 for and 2 against.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I clearly main Snake Inui so my Snake is beast in doubles?? lol, I never play Snake anymore dude.
Then I don't want to hear character johns anymore. You have tried many other characters and failed.

And seriously, I've made money off of doubles multiple times when I teamed with people like Izumi (got 3rd and 1st), Yes, and even you where we got 2nd.
I've made money in doubles 99% of the times I've entered doubles and I have taken 1st at about half of the doubles events I've entered in the past 6 months. You say "even you" with reference to teaming with as if I somehow wasn't the best partner you've ever had by a huge amount, which I was, and we still couldn't take 1st because NinjaLink and D1 destroyed you at the time.

Saying I suck after playing doubles friendlies with Rhyme as my partner not playing his main is just ******** and shows how logical your thinking is.

Especially since you can't remember us winning at least half of the matches when I went Falco.

Rhyme and I had won 3 matches in a row the moment I went Falco and when someone asked who's been winning recently you lied and said you and Izumi were.
You're bad in doubles...because you're bad in doubles. I don't need those friendlies in order to verify this. You consistently perform poorly in doubles regardless of partner and I have teamed with you myself. Your doubles results speak for themselves.

You lost the majority of the matches overall, and won a lot as Falco...because I was using Ganondorf a lot, LMAO! And guess what? You still lost plenty to my Ganondorf as Falco. Get *****.

Anyways I think we should have a vote to see who wants doubles to count and who doesn't want it to count.
It doesn't matter, because:

I'm going to start up the discussion...like always...and present my own list that includes all aspects of tournaments and I will watch you all agree with it with maybe a few changes or discussions here and there that don't affect it much overall. Just like last time and many times before that even back in Melee. I keep a highly detailed archive of player performances and attend more events than all of the other panelists, so knowing more than the rest of you is quite easy.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Doubles shouldn't count....
In doubles you have to make more decisions more quickly and work with another person while doing that. That makes it clearly take more skill as far as I'm concerned, lol. Singles in this game is just who camps harder, who picks the gayer stages, and who uses the gayer characters. Doubles balances out the tier list more. The astounding gap between Ganondorf and Meta Knight shrinks a lot because Ganondorf can be saved by his partner and his partner can set up cheap kills for him. That's just one example. This game is just plain better in doubles.

This is why people regarding it as meaningless are obviously wrong.

I'm going to start up the discussion...like always...and present my own list that includes all aspects of tournaments and I will watch you all agree with it with maybe a few changes or discussions here and there that don't affect it much overall. Just like last time and many times before that even back in Melee. I keep a highly detailed archive of player performances and attend more events than all of the other panelists, so knowing more than the rest of you is quite easy.

I can keep recycling these posts over and over because they can't be proven wrong.

Keitaro

I've made money in doubles 99% of the times I've entered doubles and I have taken 1st at about half of the doubles events I've entered in the past 6 months. You say "even you" with reference to teaming with as if I somehow wasn't the best partner you've ever had by a huge amount, which I was, and we still couldn't take 1st because NinjaLink and D1 destroyed you at the time.
After that set in grand finals I officially said screw Falco in doubles but now I'm back to Falco as I've learned to make him work well. Falco can get gimped like a ***** unlike you MK.

You're bad in doubles...because you're bad in doubles. I don't need those friendlies in order to verify this. You consistently perform poorly in doubles regardless of partner and I have teamed with you myself. Your doubles results speak for themselves.
As I said, I don't have Atomsk to team with and I usually don't even team with people at my level as I don't care for doubles. And even with these lesser players I was able to make money.

And what did I keep screaming while winning the friendlies??

FALCO IN DOUBLES FALCO IN DOUBLES!!!

Go back to Red Halberd's post if you don't understand yet.

You lost the majority of the matches overall, and won a lot as Falco...because I was using Ganondorf a lot, LMAO! And guess what? You still lost plenty to my Ganondorf as Falco. Get *****.
While my partner was Jigglypuff?????? Good **** dude!!

What's funny is that I did not completely agree with the list.

I told you of 2 things that I thought I'd look into and out of nowhere you posted the list on the boards without me knowing.

Also I'm not trying to compare myself in doubles to you cause that what you seem to do. You clearly are an amazing doubles player which goes back to the fact people are saying you want to count doubles because it benefits you.

Just like when you started to suck in singles and doubled the doubles entry fee so you can still make the money you used to make in singles.

Your too good.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Seems kinda funky that you want doubles to count now since there are people your comparable to on the rankings

Keitaro

lol, I almost forgot me and JCeaser 2-0ed Ally and Seibrik at COT4 in tourney.

lol, also just remembered that me and Izumi beat DM and Blackwaltz in grand finals at a tourney, lmao!!

Man I suck in doubles!!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
After that set in grand finals I officially said screw Falco in doubles but now I'm back to Falco as I've learned to make him work well. Falco can get gimped like a ***** unlike you MK.
I use Snake just as much, so ok @ that MK comment. I find Snake to be more easily gimped than Falco due to not having a magical f-b blessed by the Gods to help him come back.

As I said, I don't have Atomsk to team with and I usually don't even team with people at my level as I don't care for doubles. And even with these lesser players I was able to make money.
I ***** teams with dmbrandon and teh_spamerer back in the earlier days of Brawl. I recently ***** a tournament with teh_spamerer as my partner.

I ***** teams with Bum and ChuDat as my partners recently.

Atomsk isn't the only reason I do well.

If you were good at doubles, you'd have a partner at your level...oh, wait, Yes! and Izumi are indeed at your level, so you're wrong.

And what did I keep screaming while winning the friendlies??

FALCO IN DOUBLES FALCO IN DOUBLES!!!

Go back to Red Halberd's post if you don't understand yet.
"Falco in doubles" is a pretty pathetic john when you're losing to my Ike and Ganondorf, who are far worse than Falco even in doubles.

It's more like "your terrible skill in doubles" that you should address and improve.

While my partner was Jigglypuff?????? Good **** dude!!
I was Ganondorf.

Ganondorf.

No johns.

Also, your character didn't force you to be predictable, bad at working with your partner, and stupidly hit by Luigi's f-smashes a lot.

What's funny is that I did not completely agree with the list.

I told you of 2 things that I thought I'd look into and out of nowhere you posted the list on the boards without me knowing.
What's funny is that you didn't voice these concerns at all in the AIM chat. Ksizzle, Pierce, and Eazy entirely agreed with the list and we discussed it. You were there. What were these problems you had? If you disagreed with having dmbrandon above you, it was because of his performance at Cataclysm 4, money matches, and doing way better in doubles.

Also I'm not trying to compare myself in doubles to you cause that what you seem to do. You clearly are an amazing doubles player which goes back to the fact people are saying you want to count doubles because it benefits you.
It benefits me...how? It makes more comparable to ADHD, a player that will be ranked above me regardless at this rate. Between Ksizzle and I, our nearly identicle singles results coupled with me being the established 4th and using teams as a tiebreaker like in every list since the start of the Melee ones keeps me above him.

Just like when you started to suck in singles and doubled the doubles entry fee so you can still make the money you used to make in singles.

Your too good.
I have won money in singles at all of my events, anyways. I split 2nd/3rd with Shadow, outplacing Atomsk, Snakeee, Ksizzle, Jash, dmbrandon, BlackWaltz, and ADHD in the process just two weeks ago. :laugh:

Doubles entry fee was also raised in order to make doubles be taken far more seriously. The entirity of the Zodiac Braves crew as well as most of my own crew seems to get it, but you don't.

Atomsk said:
Seems kinda funky that you want doubles to count now since there are people your comparable to on the rankings
I considered doubles in the very first NJ Melee list in early 2006.

This has been stated before.

Why did you ignore it and say something so dumb...again?

Keitaro said:
lol, I almost forgot me and JCeaser 2-0ed Ally and Seibrik at COT4 in tourney.

lol, also just remembered that me and Izumi beat DM and Blackwaltz in grand finals at a tourney, lmao!!

Man I suck in doubles!!
Does this mean you'll stop johning about using Falco in doubles when he can clearly win against other top tiers in doubles?

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I can keep recycling these posts over and over because they can't be proven wrong.
I already addressed your garbage. You attempted to reinforce it by trying to make it sound like Melee doubles is gayer and requires equal or LESS(!!!) skill than Brawl doubles, which was not only irrelevant but exceptionally wrong.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You didn't really address it well. Pierce was actually agreeing with me and not you over it, and that almost never happens. ~_~

Even if you were somehow right, it's hard for people to take you seriously in this discussion because your posts are so full of Brawl-hate more than anything else. It's dirtying your otherwise good points.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
You didn't really address it well. Pierce was actually agreeing with me and not you over it, and that almost never happens. ~_~
It doesn't matter who agrees with what or who says what. What matters is that accurate facts are being stated and none of any importance were stated by either of you.

Even if you were somehow right, it's hard for people to take you seriously in this discussion because your posts are so full of Brawl-hate more than anything else. It's dirtying your otherwise good points.
I was just talking about how Brawl doubles can be stupidly gay to show why it shouldn't count for the rankings and then Pierce decided to attack Melee doubles AND YOU SUPPORTED THAT TRASH. Not only was that completely irrelevant to doubles being considered for rankings but it was obviously untrue as well.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
doubles does not take more skill you are biased because you are better at it

both count, singles should count more and doubles should too. Singles should count like 70% of it though, since there is less random factors and the fact that not all people have the luxury of teaming with and getting teamwork with the same people all the time. I am not biased because I am really good at both. I am just telling my opinion.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Jason is right. Doubles should count, but not more or equal to how much singles do. There's obviously SOME DEGREE OF SKILL involved in doubles, but singles is more relevant.

@ people saying that doubles shouldn't be involved on a singles list: Where does it say that this is a singles list? It just says "Power rankings", last time I checked.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Jason is right. Doubles should count, but not more or equal to how much singles do. There's obviously SOME DEGREE OF SKILL involved in doubles, but singles is more relevant.

@ people saying that doubles shouldn't be involved on a singles list: Where does it say that this is a singles list? It just says "Power rankings", last time I checked.
QFT

I never once said that doubles should count more or matters more for the rankings, btw. How someone performs invidually obviously matters more on a list like this. I said I personally find doubles to take more more skill and be way more fun, but that's it.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I wasn't addressing you with my second part, lol. I was more or less addressing people like Keitaro that said ridiculous stuff like "Atomsk and Inui do the best in doubles so they should be 2nd and 3rd" in order to mock me.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
so what if there is a play who is really good in singles and places well all the time and is tied for consideration of the 'golden 4th spot' but does not enter any doubles at all... does that auto make him 5th instead?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
so what if there is a play who is really good in singles and places well all the time and is tied for consideration of the 'golden 4th spot' but does not enter any doubles at all... does that auto make him 5th instead?
Yup. Why wouldn it? The other person actually enters the other half of the tournament and is more actively a threat to other players due to this. Their superior activity should be rewarded.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
that's ********.... so your telling me that since a person chooses not to enter doubles it means he's a worse player
Many of the things that go into this ranking are extremely stupid. That's because there's no concrete criteria for how good somebody is, because in fighters it's all relative. If everybody is around the bottom 10% of the theoretical skill curve, you don't call them all bad - You look at them using the 10% mark as the top.

The issue here is that people are disagreeing on what constitutes 'rank points,' and honestly I doubt anybody will actually ever always agree, partially and often based on their own agenda to be ranked (Let's be honest here, most people who won't be ranked don't care).

Much of this could be solved if you were to come up with a numerical, unbiased way way of determining rank. Kinda like Ankoku's list up in Tactical. The formula could be looked over, debated, and arguably the final version would be the best (Hey, this sounds like the Strike System!).

But what do I know, I'm just some random scrub who shows up to give $7 to first, $2 to second, and $1 to third.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
i'd like to see how this list will look when it gets updated. i would like to be in >_<. too bad i don't live in NJ... NY has no rankings and i'm in an NJ crew... does that count? :D

fkacyan

Smash Hero
how old is this list? >_> it's completely inaccurate. i'd like to see how it'd look when it gets updated. i would like to be in >_< too bad i'm not in NJ... NY has no rankings and i'm in an NJ crew... does that count? :D
That's because NY doesn't have a collective ego the size of California.

Top Bottom