• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Kai973

Smash Journeyman
wow. Dude I thought this because every time you came to fight me you were like "oh crap i'm going to lose again" you had that same attitude again and again and kept sandbagging everytime I fought you. Thats why I expected that you didn't like fighting diddy kong. Also saying that chrome was much better than I was was kind of insulting. I did beat him in that singles tourny and placed higher than him you know.
Completely untrue. Get your facts strait first and I dont care if you were insulted. I said Chrome had a better diddy than you. You guys had one mirror and he 2 stocked you. Every time I had to vs you or chrome I was disappointed that I didnt know how to handle the bananna spam better. Also I couldnt glide toss, so why would I want to play a diddy?? We only played twice so it's kind of funny how you try and make it seem like a daily thing. Last I heard you were still stuck at GW and I havent been there in a while. I didn't sand bag anyway, I literally just had no information about the matchup. Your an idiot, if you quote me or try to explain something then do it right.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Animosity....*sighs* You know...it's funny how matchups work sometimes. I never once fought a Zelda with my Peach..yet I did better than some other peach player I know and team with. He is a better Peach player than me, though, xD. Annnnnyway, I'll **** everyone with my Peach whom I've never entered a smashboards tourney with. ^_^ Ask Jigglymaster, xD. I played Brawl once and beat most of the people in my bracket who had the game for months i the opening tournament that Nintendo had, xD.
/sarcasm

Seriously, chill guys. ^_^ Settle it in tourney like real gamers. ^_^

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Rain is the gimping thread still alive? I need to see if more people agree that doyoung's a cheater.

Also, you guys should just money match each other.

Kai973

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for reminding me, I'll go revive it now, xD. Oh yeah, and a money match would also settle it. Unless it's like that Wes vs. Dark.Pch thing...*shudders*
settle what exactly? I was pointing out that his information was wrong. I have improved but I have already stated that diddy along wit MK, Lucario, and Oli is not a character I do well against. why would I money match one?

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
Hey, please change the Brawl Player finder please add

Ocean County

Tbagz
City: Toms River
Contact aim: Tntx726
High School: Toms River HS north
Crew: Impact

Ax
City: Toms River
Contact aim: Metalpoopgecko
Highschool: TRHS north
Crew: Impact

because both of us are always looking for good players to play. and we havent had much luck finding people around here.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
settle what exactly? I was pointing out that his information was wrong. I have improved but I have already stated that diddy along wit MK, Lucario, and Oli is not a character I do well against. why would I money match one?
For serious practice. I suck vs olimar but I asked blackwaltz to mm me so that I could get real practice. Maybe you could learn more about the matchup with jigglymaster's help.

Kai973

Smash Journeyman
For serious practice. I suck vs olimar but I asked blackwaltz to mm me so that I could get real practice. Maybe you could learn more about the matchup with jigglymaster's help.
Good point. Like I said though I would just ask Chrome. His diddy is better than puff's and the only reason he was offended was because I pointed that out. Maybe I will ask Chrome next time I see him at an event.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
No, do Jigglymaster, and the reason being: How much do you play Chrome? If it's a decent amount, you should play different Diddy's. You may feel like Chrome is the better Diddy...but like Jigglymaster said....he placed higher. You should play Jigglymaster because he's a different diddy. The more practice you get, the better you'll do with the matchup.

Kai973

Smash Journeyman
No, do Jigglymaster, and the reason being: How much do you play Chrome? If it's a decent amount, you should play different Diddy's. You may feel like Chrome is the better Diddy...but like Jigglymaster said....he placed higher. You should play Jigglymaster because he's a different diddy. The more practice you get, the better you'll do with the matchup.
He did better at that one event but that had nothing to do with diddy for their match. Oh well, I'll just play any diddy I find lol. I should ask waltz for a few games too. I'm going to work, but if you have any other suggestions I'll respond later when I'm home.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
^Truth.

Another case: Eazy and Keitaro have two completely different falcos and marths (brawl). One might be campy and the other might be aggro. Point being, I can deal with two different styles of play from a character as opposed to just one.

Edit: this was in regards to what rain said.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Falco's gay, and Falco vs DDD is a horrible match for DDD. You are approaching too much if you have trouble, when you play to win falco has a ginormous advantage. He has to attack in the air if you use lasers right, and it's easy from that position. CG is also broke, as well as Falco's camps. Kills at 140 aren't really that bad considering how easy he tacks on damage.

Diddy is gay, bananas are broken. I guess the only solution is a ban. Players can't be skilled, the character is all that makes you win. Don't defy smashboards logic!

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Banana spamming is called Auto Pilot by Diddy players and I didn't find that out until maybe a few weeks ago. I understand auto Pilot now and I don't play as recklessly anymore. Just the sad thing is I don't think i'll be able to make it to a tourny in a while. All the tournies that are poping up like KOTC are more than an hour away.

Sorry if I offended you Kai but I thought Diddy did good against Sonic because my recent matchups with you and Blue I've won just about every match. If you changed thats great because I want to see a challenge from a good sonic mainer.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Falco's gay, and Falco vs DDD is a horrible match for DDD. You are approaching too much if you have trouble, when you play to win falco has a ginormous advantage. He has to attack in the air if you use lasers right, and it's easy from that position. CG is also broke, as well as Falco's camps. Kills at 140 aren't really that bad considering how easy he tacks on damage.

Diddy is gay, bananas are broken. I guess the only solution is a ban. Players can't be skilled, the character is all that makes you win. Don't defy smashboards logic!
:bee: SWF logic is incredibly accurate :bee:

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Let's go Spam! 2 for Brawl and 3 for Melee! Looks like despite your horrible logic, terrible debating skills and lack of knowledge regarding Melee/Brawl's metagame, you're still a good player. Props homie.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Banana spamming is called Auto Pilot by Diddy players and I didn't find that out until maybe a few weeks ago. I understand auto Pilot now and I don't play as recklessly anymore. Just the sad thing is I don't think i'll be able to make it to a tourny in a while. All the tournies that are poping up like KOTC are more than an hour away.
Don't tell me you still have your dad drive you to the tournaments. Don't you have anyone else who's willing to drive an hour away, which isn't even that far if I might add?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Don't tell me you still have your dad drive you to the tournaments. Don't you have anyone else who's willing to drive an hour away, which isn't even that far if I might add?
My dad still drives me. I'm not 17 yet, I can't car pool with other people, I can't stay at late night tournies. This rule will probably apply for the next 2 years at least. I go to GW because it is 26 minutes away, the closest venue I have ever went to. I've been going to GW weekley. For me to come to an hour away tournament would be probably once a month. Just to let you know whatever the distance is my dad has to drive twice as much because he comes back home after he drops me off. So 1 hour makes it a 2 hour drive. A 2 hour drive just for a video game that I already have at home and can play online.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I think you should make an exception to KOTC. I remember that you were a good regular at the time they were held by suicide fox, and the location is relatively easy to get to despite the distance. It's all highways as far as I remember, and it is going to end by 5 PM.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I think you should make an exception to KOTC. I remember that you were a good regular at the time they were held by suicide fox, and the location is relatively easy to get to despite the distance. It's all highways as far as I remember, and it is going to end by 5 PM.
I'll see if I can make it. I place alot better in brawl than I did in melee.

Kai973

Smash Journeyman
I actually think I do better in Melee.....
I'm gonna try and get into melee. It would be great to play both games competitively. I used to play it a while ago but I was about average. If blue has a melee setup at his next tournament ill ask someone to show me some stuff

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
HALEY!!!!!! PLAY ME IN MELEE!!!!!!!! I swear to god I've been practicing but I have no idea how I am compared to others until I've played someone better than me....

If not Haley than ANYONE!!!!!! play me in MELEEE!!!!!!!

+ i need the extra practice.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Kai: I'll be bringing melee to inui's this saturday like I did last saturday. just let me know and i'll play you :)

Kai973

Smash Journeyman
Kai: I'll be bringing melee to inui's this saturday like I did last saturday. just let me know and i'll play you :)
Melee was being played at the last event? Every tv i saw had brawl running. I'm not sure who you were there to be honest lol. If you know what I look like just let me know and we can start. If not ill just ask some people lol.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yes/Eazy - Do you mind if I go to RU again? I would like to play you guys in melee and maybe brawl.....

I mean... if Oorah or DC wanna go I mean.

Bladewing - Uhh.... sure XD.. just couldn't this week... I have 2 exams this week (Took one today) so I'll probably do some last minute studying 2morrow :(.

Top Bottom