• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

NJPlayerFinder

Smash Apprentice
Just a small change to the finder. From now on when posting info for the player finder, you must also post which game you actively play.

*Forum Name {Mandatory}
(preferred name) {Optional}
*Which game you play actively- Melee/Brawl {Mandatory}
*County: {Mandatory}
*City: {Mandatory}
Contact Info: AIM, Cell#, Email, etc. {Optional}
College: {Optional}
Brawl FCs: {Optional}
**Crew: If you are not in a crew put "None" {Mandatory}

This is just so that when the admin is adding you, they know which player finders you would like to be a part of.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
**** man, so much updating to do. I did up to smasher9 then outta nowhere JFox uses the account to post.

I know you are proud of me :D

@ Sneak, I'll switch what crews we are in.

I'm also gonna edit all the people that just quit Montage yesterday to "no crew"

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
ive mainly been playing brawl but i kind of want to get back into melee

is there a way to set up something where we can play with other people from new jersey? (i know theres the occasional smashfest). cause i dont really have anyone to play melee with currently, just brawl online.

JFox

Smash Hero
If you want to play people you have 4 options.

A) Go to tourneys and try to get friendlies.
B) Wait for a smashfest, which are far more rare, and play friendlies.
C) PM people that you find in your county and ask them to play friendlies.
D) Host a smashfest, and play some mothafeckin friendlies.

JFox

Smash Hero
OH hey, keitaro, just in case you haven't noticed, I am only planning on updating the melee finder. So if you want help, either ask tec0, or find someone in the community that would be willing to help out. Maybe Eazy can be an admin? Dunno.

Run it by me first before you ask anyone. I'm not willing to share this account with too many people, for safety reasons. (*cough* renth *cough*)

Renth

Smash Hero
OH hey, keitaro, just in case you haven't noticed, I am only planning on updating the melee finder. So if you want help, either ask tec0, or find someone in the community that would be willing to help out. Maybe Eazy can be an admin? Dunno.

Run it by me first before you ask anyone. I'm not willing to share this account with too many people, for safety reasons. (*cough* renth *cough*)
hey now, that hasn't happened in a loong time ;)

shurf

Smash Cadet
Forum Name - shurf
Preferred Name - shurf
Which game I play actively - SSBB
County - Hudson
City - Jersey City
Contact Info - AIM:shurf11, PM me if you want anything else
Brawl FC - 2062 8935 1034
Crew - None

smasher91613

Smash Journeyman
If you want to play people you have 4 options.

A) Go to tourneys and try to get friendlies.
B) Wait for a smashfest, which are far more rare, and play friendlies.
C) PM people that you find in your county and ask them to play friendlies.
D) Host a smashfest, and play some mothafeckin friendlies.
i like the idea of smashfests, i'll just have to wait around until there is one. (i heard theres one next weekend?)

where can i find out about upcoming tournaments close to me? i tried googling melee tournaments but nothing useful came up.
Also, do you know if its easy to play friendlies and practice at tournaments or are they generally just set up for the matches. that would suck to drive 30+min. just to watch people lol

JFox

Smash Hero
Tournaments SHOULD be listed in the tournament finder on the first page, however that thing hasn't been updated lately. I will try to get on that. For now, just browse the atlantic north (one page back) section and the tournament listings section (first page of the site)

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
*missedwithtruestrike real name-terrence
*melee
*warren county (washington)
*missedwithtruestrike@yahoo.com
*i play melee very competatively but can never find a ride to a tourny, i hope this might help.
*crew-none

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Tec0 I live in like the town next to Newark, but its really not that far, hope its not too expensive. Bcuz we should def play. With me not having Tec0 junio...i mean reno practice anymore i cnt get too rusty against sheik, especially bein a marth main. we should def play though if its not that far from you. Maplewood/South Orange is where I reside. lol

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Tec0 I live in like the town next to Newark, but its really not that far, hope its not too expensive. Bcuz we should def play. With me not having Tec0 junio...i mean reno practice anymore i cnt get too rusty against sheik, especially bein a marth main. we should def play though if its not that far from you. Maplewood/South Orange is where I reside. lol
OMFG

Thats AMAZING ROFL

Now I can play you or sneak cuz you live near me :laugh::laugh:

Btw I am of course definitely down for melee.

Reno was on AIM and tried to persuade me to playing melee again like eggm plays melee LOL.

We definitely need to play ;)

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
tim, you don't understand, i have to stay at rowan because i go there for free, and im already like 3 years done engineering, i can't possibly quit now, but melee's spirit is so strong within me.......so....oh so stwonggggg

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Yes!! Thats wassup tec0 lol. and i can pick you up from the station cuz its only like a 2 min drive. Mad happy I dnt have to drive across NJ to play melee now. we'll have to wrk something out, hopefuuly b4 alukards nxt biweekly.

and lol master, doesnt slikvik go to your skool? and last i checked i remember emukiller saying he was going there this upcoming semester. melee's everywhere

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
i have no clue. its all about them getting to my place. i think its easier for tec0 cuz hes mad close and already in newark. All the others would probly have to go Newark Penn first then transfer. who knows though.

And wenever u get ur controller tec0 lemme know lol

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Eww!! Soon??

Actually, it shouldn't be too far away. The last season was from end of March to end of July so this one will be from the beggining to August to the beggining of November. We're actually less than half way through.

NJ needs some more decent tournies this season, This season is looking a little boring.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
This season is looking a little boring.
This season is looking so far as

1. M2K
2. Atomsk
3. Inui
4. Blackwaltz
5. Keitaro
6. Eazy
7. Blue
8. MasterDaveNo1

#8 shows how bad this season is, so does the lack of Spam

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Eww!! Soon??

Actually, it shouldn't be too far away. The last season was from end of March to end of July so this one will be from the beggining to August to the beggining of November. We're actually less than half way through.

NJ needs some more decent tournies this season, This season is looking a little boring.
lol I'm pretty sure we started the previous season in April, not the same month the game came out. I also don't think seasons should last 4+ months. They never have and that's too long. We used to do every 2 months back when the panel was WoZ and I. I'd end this current season at the last tournament in September, or October at the latest.

My apologies for my grandfather dying, lol. We would have had an awesome tournament otherwise, eh? I'll host something to relieve your boredom and give you a shot at beating the amazing MasterDaveNo1. :)

Top Bottom