• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo has hit a brick wall.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I think finalark's point wasn't that it was a sequel to Mario in general, but a direct sequel to Galaxy. (i.e., Twilight Princess wasn't Wind Waker 2, neither in name nor in gameplay.) I personally agree with him on that point, but that might be partially because I'm upset by a Galaxy sequel in the first place due to finding the original to be mediocre.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
ok. but isn't there also new smb wii? that's 2 mario titles in the near future, one for fans of galaxy (like majora's mask was OoT 2 kinda) and then one for ppl who want a return to traditional mario, but with a twist *(ie 4 players, demo-play [this is really weird feature that I'm not so sure how it'll work out]) ... yeah?

EDIT: here's a nifty preview of nsmbw http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3176756&p=44&sec=PREVIEWS which ppl have prolly already seen but i just saw it for the first time, as the article points out its not short on innovation at all, but takes from its predecessors many popular things.

but yeah, i see his point, or rather his dissapointment in nintendo launching galaxy 2 and whatnot, just i don't see why its gotta mean their innovation is in the toilet, when obviously its not. if it's anything more than a cash maker, it's a way to make more fans of galaxy happier? or something.

hell i'd buy SSBB 2 if it meant better online play :D

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
to be fair, muramasa was ****.

the wii has way too much shovelware and they know it.
How did people miss this quote. I blame those who never looked into Muramasa The Demon Blade, that's currently the best Wii game out currently this year until New Super Mario Bros. Wii come out... or Naruto Shippuden Clash of Ninja Revolution 3. =P

Also I agree that there's too many shovelware games on the Wii right now. I know it's for the money, but popularity is more important if they want fans to like the Wii.

私は決して許さないだろう who ever diss Super Mario Galaxy.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
ok. but isn't there also new smb wii? that's 2 mario titles in the near future, one for fans of galaxy (like majora's mask was OoT 2 kinda) and then one for ppl who want a return to traditional mario, but with a twist *(ie 4 players, demo-play [this is really weird feature that I'm not so sure how it'll work out]) ... yeah?

EDIT: here's a nifty preview of nsmbw http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3176756&p=44&sec=PREVIEWS which ppl have prolly already seen but i just saw it for the first time, as the article points out its not short on innovation at all, but takes from its predecessors many popular things.

but yeah, i see his point, or rather his dissapointment in nintendo launching galaxy 2 and whatnot, just i don't see why its gotta mean their innovation is in the toilet, when obviously its not. if it's anything more than a cash maker, it's a way to make more fans of galaxy happier? or something.

hell i'd buy SSBB 2 if it meant better online play :D
Actually, I wouldn't say MM was OoT 2 at all...thus why there are varying opinions on it with Zelda fans. Graphically, yes, but that's because they were both in the same console generation.

Also, what does NSMB Wii have to do with Galaxy 2 being a rehash...? It doesn't change that fact, it just has another title that isn't exactly a rehash (it's bordering on it, though.) Plus, there's a fine line between Galaxy and retro Mario. I love 64 and Sunshine, but I don't like Galaxy so much. The part that upsets me is that this makes Galaxy 2 the 3D platformer we're getting, as opposed to a game I'll potentially enjoy as much as Sunshine or 64.

I don't even have the original NSMB anyways, because I refuse to pay for it until the price drops. Full price for a game that's been out for 3-and-a-half years is beyond ridiculous, I don't care how much it's sold.

And the fact that I dislike Galaxy and don't want a sequel doesn't have anything to do with a lack of innovation, but I'm more likely to point out the lack of innovation because I'm upset by a rehash of a game I didn't like in the first place, that was my point.

私は決して許さないだろう who ever diss Super Mario Galaxy.
私は決して許さないだろう whomever decides to try and be clever and bash people in Japanese.

(Thanks to translators being stupid, I can't figure out exactly what it says, but I think it has something to do with killing.)

I could go ahead and tell you to die in Latin, but I'm not going to do that because that's just annoying.

EDIT: No wait, after further investigation, it seems to have something to do with not permitting/allowing or something? I can't figure out how that makes grammatical sense in context...

Either way, speaking in foreign languages is annoying and doesn't make you cool or funny.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
well I think it has more to do with risk containment. like... galaxy 2 -could- flop for the reasons you've outlined, frankly. many could see it as "meh" or worse "the first one wasn't even that good, y imma waste $ on this" kinda thing, but with 2 titles coming out, one a flat out follow up the other a remake with new ideas intertwined, there's less chance mario fans, and wii fans will be disappointed. I mean I can almost get the feeling that there was some sort of creative divide at nintendo where some really wanted to work on galaxy 2 and other on nsmbw and it was decided to both, or something... maybe it was intended all along to do both. this IS a unique situation really.. every mario game is different enough from the last, whereas galaxy 2 seems to be the same game. but having never played either i can't really speak to that, I will have to wait and see (and I too was terribly uninterested mario galaxy). I think super mario the lost levels counts as a follow up to super mario bros, same game, just different maps, no real new stuff tho, yeah like 2 bowsers in one dungeon, but no new powerups, or playfields, ... but that was ages ago. but yeah, if galaxy 2 is not different enough to merit being called a sequel, and instead just a rehash, then there will be sufficient cause to dis their creative prowess, but I wanna wait and see. maybe the addition of yoshi IS enough to make it worthwile? perhaps being a fan of galaxy is required to endorse galaxy 2? could the game stand on its own (ie play it first, then go back and be like woah this is definitely the predecessor) ... doesn't sound like it, sounds as if they'd be interchangable which I'll agree is bad. it is not however a reason to call nintendo out on being at the end of their creative rope.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Except if you're a collector and like playing the original game, that's what you do. You choose, no matter how long it would take to find the original at Goodwill or something. Either that or you settle and order it online for more money, but even then you wait until you find a deal.

I don't know exactly how Sniper chooses to play games, but I prefer playing the original so much that when I wanted to play some Majora's Mask I decided not to even bother with playing it on Collector's Edition because I didn't want to get into the file and have to start over when I got the original game. That happened when I wanted to play Paper Mario and had already bought it on VC, too. (I didn't decide on this until around this time last year, so I already had some games purchased on VC, whereas I don't buy them anymore.)
Oh trust me I'm the same way as you, I just know that some people aren't like that and I understand that. Maybe not as hardcore though. I won't really go back and buy games but that's for right now at least. Like I said in some other post I'm way behind on most people here, so I've been busy sort of collecting this gens games just cheaper I guess. Once I get a job and stuff I'll probably do the same as you and stuff, but not sure how far I'll go with it really.. I just have a lot of other priorities graduating from High School I guess.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
私は決して許さないだろう whomever decides to try and be clever and bash people in Japanese.

(Thanks to translators being stupid, I can't figure out exactly what it says, but I think it has something to do with killing.)

I could go ahead and tell you to die in Latin, but I'm not going to do that because that's just annoying.

EDIT: No wait, after further investigation, it seems to have something to do with not permitting/allowing or something? I can't figure out how that makes grammatical sense in context...

Either way, speaking in foreign languages is annoying and doesn't make you cool or funny.
It should had translated "I will never forgive", but if I made a mistake I'll apologize. Of course I have my biased reason for that game. =3

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yup, the Virtual Console has better content than the system itself, despite the fact that it suffers from the lack of N64 content.

Amyway, Nintendo has made enough franchises at this point so that they won't really have to make something new. The bad part is that Nintendo isn't using over 70% of these currently.
Look at the Nintendo Chronicle in Brawl for some examples and think hard about my post.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yes, because your opinion on Brawl is very relevant to what is being discussed Yoshi, despite Brawl actually being a very original fighting game.

No combos is a huge change in gameplay, and something that fighting game's haven't even considered since the release of Street Fighter 1, though they were an accident in there. By taking out combos, Brawl encourages a bigger emphasis and removes the large slippery slope that fighting games can have. Yomi is now the only way to victory, and while previously, you could only yomi the first attack, now both players must think about yomi after every single attack.
Now, players have found ways to get combos, such the use of buffering, attacks that cause tripping, footstools, grab releases, and through bananas, but weather or not these were intentional combos are yet to be seen, and a footstool combo has yet to be pulled off in a Brawl tournament match.

The argument isn't that Nintendo is making BAD games, but that Nintendo has run out of ideas for games.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It should had translated "I will never forgive", but if I made a mistake I'll apologize. Of course I have my biased reason for that game. =3
No, I don't think you made a mistake, I think online translators just suck.

Yes, because your opinion on Brawl is very relevant to what is being discussed Yoshi, despite Brawl actually being a very original fighting game.
Actually, Brawl was basically Melee +content -gravity, but...

Did you read Eternal Yoshi's post...? Like, at all...? He said look at the Chronicle in Brawl. That's the thing that lists all of the Nintendo games on all Nintendo consoles. Yeah, I know it's hard to remember because it's one of those random features that was thrown in that everyone stopped using after they saw it for the first time, but it's there.

You were very quick to jump on someone for bashing Brawl when they said nothing about Brawl being good or bad, merely mentioning the word "Brawl".

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
He edited it, it read different when I started to responded he must have corrected his wording.
And as my post says, Brawl is not Melee with floaty characters and content.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Basically you said "No combos."

What happened in Brawl to prevent combos from happening?

Oh wait...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
But it is a huge game changing factor regardless that drastically changes how the game is played. Simply because the one change is caused by another change does not undermine the importance of that change. My point was that there were game changing things in Brawl other than just new characters.
There were also largely important changes such as pivot grabs (assuming the developers didn't know you could croutch cancel a run, very likely to be a coding error), footstools, the introduction of water as well as wind (which may seem small, but gave us the D3 chain grab), among other things.
Brawl is a different game than Melee, very much so, especially when compared to many of its Fighter brethren and their sequels.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
???
Back on topic, the best thing that the best thing Nintendo can do now in terms of the sequels is to find the perfect middle ground of old and new.
SMB3 is a great example.

As it was implied in some other post it shouldn't be to different. People don't want syrup coming from their mustard dispenser.

What makes me a bit concerned about the next Zelda is that they said it won't be radically different.
I hope they ante up the difficulty.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
But it is a huge game changing factor regardless that drastically changes how the game is played. Simply because the one change is caused by another change does not undermine the importance of that change. My point was that there were game changing things in Brawl other than just new characters.
There were also largely important changes such as pivot grabs (assuming the developers didn't know you could croutch cancel a run, very likely to be a coding error), footstools, the introduction of water as well as wind (which may seem small, but gave us the D3 chain grab), among other things.
Brawl is a different game than Melee, very much so, especially when compared to many of its Fighter brethren and their sequels.
It may be game-changing, I was just making the point that what you said didn't refute the fact that Brawl was Melee +content -gravity, because it was the gravity change that caused the lack of combos.

And you make a perfect point, I'm sure the developers didn't know half of what the community has found out about Brawl. The largest gameplay changes were not purposeful, and you cannot credit someone for innovation they didn't intend.

And Brawl is definitely a much different game from Melee, otherwise the divide in the community probably wouldn't exist. More than anything I was saying that Brawl didn't bring very many noticeable gameplay changes to the series -- which it didn't, if you don't play competitively and work to find out all of these things like pivot grabs and whatnot, as I don't. Whereas Melee had things like airdodge, side specials, chargeable smashes, etc., Brawl really doesn't have too many obvious changes like that.

Regardless, my initial statement really was more of a joke than anything. 90% of everything I say about Brawl is a joke nowadays, even if it has a legitimate partial expression of my actual opinion.

Therefore, so as not to make Teran close this thread, I'm going to stop discussing Brawl.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Well we weren't debating about Brawl vs Melee, just about weather Brawl was a sign of Nintendo running out of ideas and having stagnant game design in their games.

I hope they ante up the difficulty.
People have wanted that for a long time. The only answer they gave was Master Quest. Though I do understand the amount of time it would take, I would really like to see a Master Quest version of each game that you unlock by beating the game. Though if they did that, the game would be delayed for an additional 2 years that the game is destined to be delayed simply because it is a Zelda game.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well we weren't debating about Brawl vs Melee, just about weather Brawl was a sign of Nintendo running out of ideas and having stagnant game design in their games.
I understand that, but discussing Brawl in comparison to Melee at all (if it was changed enough from Melee) is always a touchy subject and mods tend to err on the side of caution for that, rightly so considering that if a true Brawl vs. Melee does erupt the flame wars can get quite nasty. Since my point really was more joking than anything the last thing I want to do is get a legitimate thread closed because of it.

People have wanted that for a long time. The only answer they gave was Master Quest. Though I do understand the amount of time it would take, I would really like to see a Master Quest version of each game that you unlock by beating the game. Though if they did that, the game would be delayed for an additional 2 years that the game is destined to be delayed simply because it is a Zelda game.
Yeah. Instead they're planning on giving us "Kind Code", and giving a built-in hint system just in case the games are still too difficult.

A Master Quest version of some games would be awesome, even if it were a separate game or DLC of some sort. I would love an expansion on Metroid Prime, or Wind Waker, Sunshine, all sorts of games from last generation (older games would be nice too, but I'm more focused on newer games since I imagine Nintendo would prefer to make money off of a revival of a game that's not already on VC like Super Metroid or ALttP.) Instead of plugging motion sensor onto a ton of GameCube games, if they did a Master Quest version of them with the Wii controls, I'd actually buy them. The only one of the GC revivals I bought was MPT, and that's because A) I'm a Metroid fanatic, and need to own every single game, and B) It was actually a good deal with SOME extras added besides motion sensor.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Well... at least you'll have Luigi to help haha.

I'm glad for the difficulty, but I'm hoping it doesn't quite reach the level of World 8 in SMB 3. I still think that final level was impossible -_-

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I don't get why you hate Kind Code still.
You say that like there's absolutely nothing wrong with Kind Code.

It's a system that discourages figuring out puzzles and encourages laziness to the point that you don't even have to get off your freaking couch to figure out how to get past it.

That's like a Sudoku puzzle where you can tap any of the squares to find out what goes there, just in case you're having trouble.

Or a guitar that has strings which glow to tell you the correct fingering for the notes just in case you forget what comes next.

"But that's different..." No, it's not. I don't care if it's optional or not, because you know what happens if you have something like that right in front of you when you're playing a game like Zelda? You're going to end up tempted to use it whether or not you've decided not to use it.

Basically, one of the few solid arguments that can be used in defense of gaming versus the people who are still convinced that video games are the epitome of awful is that they require thought when puzzles come along. Now the need to solve puzzles is completely negated by the game itself -- not a separate, $15 product, and not a guide on some website somewhere, but by the actual game. You pay the $50 for that Zelda game, and you get the hint system with it. And why? So the same type of idiots who condemn video games for being mindless will start to pick up those games and not be unable to get anywhere.

As for difficulty in terms of skill with NSMB Wii, that's just as stupid. There's a reason there are so many different types of games out there. If people can't stand difficulty, then they don't pick up the difficult games, it's as simple as that. If they like difficult games, then they go for said difficult games.

You have to die 8 times to activate it, yes, but you could easily die 8 times just screwing around. And if you try it twice and decide "Meh, I'm not going to be able to beat this," it's as easy as killing yourself 6 more times to activate it.

This feature is on par with a feature to dumb down the scariness of a horror film. If you don't like being scared, then why the hell did you pick a horror film? Go out and get Finding Nemo instead of Saw.

If you don't like being challenged too much, then go out and get Wii Music instead of NSMB Wii.

This is one topic on which I will never budge. I was against it from the beginning and I always will be.

Whether or not it's optional, most of all I'd say I'm against the principle of it. Even disregarding the fact that I don't even want to be tempted to skip out on solving a puzzle or overcoming an obstacle by myself, it's inherently stupid to make gameplay optional in a video game. If you don't want to play it, then you can always just skip out on the game altogether.

And yes, I understand exactly why Nintendo's doing this, so no one needs to say "NINTENDO NEEDS TO DO THIS TO ATTRACT CASUAL GAMERS WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!??!?!?!/1!1!/1/?!" I understand they're doing it so casual gamers can play any game and not be plagued by challenges.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
I personally think that NSMB Wii looks pretty decent- however, I don't own the DS one, so my opinion's going to be somewhat different from the people who do.

I'm going to have to agree with Firus on the Kind Code thing. First Nintendo jumps on with its "casual" market (aka, young children and adults who have nothing better to do with a gaming system but lose weight and play music. Get a d*mn workout video and a guitar....), which directs much of their time towards making the games for that area of their players... and now they're offering an option that beats the game for you. I realize that you don't *have* to use it, but it looks like now they're just making a Mario game tailored so pre-schoolers can beat it. (Not that they haven't done that yet with those fun-jucational Mario games on the SNES, but that's a tad different.)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I diagree on the Kind Code because of things in past experience that me and my friends deem a Dino Crisis because we spent litterally a month not sure what to do only to find out that we kept passing a single door.

If happens all the time, something small and simple I miss. Namely, Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, nothing in my memory compares to this moment where I litterally broke a controller out of rage when I figured it out. It was finding out how to get to the twilight stage and I ran into the wall on accident and it relieved a back ally. Such a simple thing that I will never forget nor forgive the game designer for.

Things that should be ovious aren't always and they can make a game hell.

Its also a compromise, allowing them to make games for the hard core market while allowing the casual market to enjoy it as well, which has always been the basis of Nintendo, and seems to be the pure purpose behind NSMB.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I diagree on the Kind Code because of things in past experience that me and my friends deem a Dino Crisis because we spent litterally a month not sure what to do only to find out that we kept passing a single door.

If happens all the time, something small and simple I miss. Namely, Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, nothing in my memory compares to this moment where I litterally broke a controller out of rage when I figured it out. It was finding out how to get to the twilight stage and I ran into the wall on accident and it relieved a back ally. Such a simple thing that I will never forget nor forgive the game designer for.

Things that should be ovious aren't always and they can make a game hell.
I can certainly understand that, and I'd say that, in a case where you spend that long trying to figure out how to do something...that's when you go and look it up on GameFAQs. If I really CANNOT figure something out, I wouldn't have any qualms about looking it up on GameFAQs or something. It'd be one thing if guides were still the only way of learning these things, but with the internet, it's fairly easy.

It's just not THAT easy. You do have to get up off of your couch to do it, and you do have to search it on GameFAQs. You can't just activate something in the game.

My problem is that the developers themselves are making the solution of the puzzles by yourself option. It's always been optional, technically, but the developers of the game are implementing a feature of the game, not some separate guide, making it optional.

Its also a compromise, allowing them to make games for the hard core market while allowing the casual market to enjoy it as well, which has always been the basis of Nintendo, and seems to be the pure purpose behind NSMB.
The thing is, I can't help but feel this is just an excuse. Nintendo may say that this allows them to make more difficult games, but I'm not sure that it is. As much as I imagine casual gamers won't hesitate to take advantage of this function, even they won't be lazy enough that they'll just watch the entire game. If they cannot beat a game without using Kind Code for half of it, they're going to stop buying the games. Nintendo's still going to have to keep the difficulty of most games somewhat reasonable.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
It's pretty clear they increased the difficulty in NSMB Wii because they had Kind Code. As in, it's been directly stated by Miyamoto and there's reviews and previews saying it's a very hard game.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It's pretty clear they increased the difficulty in NSMB Wii because they had Kind Code. As in, it's been directly stated by Miyamoto and there's reviews and previews saying it's a very hard game.
Just because it's a hard game doesn't mean that it's specifically because there's Kind Code for it. Just because Miyamoto said it was doesn't mean that he's telling the truth.

More importantly, just because one game does it doesn't mean all games will.

I would say Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 made very effective use of motion sensor without turning it into a gimmick, but I don't think the same can be said of most games on the Wii.

What I'm saying isn't that they're never going to do it, it's that they're not going to keep it up. If the sales of games begin to drop because they're too difficult for casuals, you can bet Nintendo won't hesitate to ease up on the difficulty.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Just because it's a hard game doesn't mean that it's specifically because there's Kind Code for it. Just because Miyamoto said it was doesn't mean that he's telling the truth.
I'd rather go on what the developer says about his own game than your assumptions.

Of course they'll change their games if they find people are actually avoiding them due to difficulty. I'd feel like I failed too if my game's design was putting off potential customers.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'd rather go on what the developer says about his own game than your assumptions.
You can go by whatever you want, but I believe things when they happen, not when a company that's had a consistent strategy of lying about pleasing the hardcore fans when they really haven't been says they are once again.

Then again, I'm an extreme pessimist/skeptic.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
It is just a coincidence that NSMB Wii is surprisingly difficult (particularly when compared to its DS iteration), there is a new help system and Miyamoto has outright commented on the situation.

Yes, your version of events makes more sense.

edit: this came off more sarcastic than i meant it to. sorry.

I believe Fire Emblem is believed to be a game of high difficulty. Depending upon if you are new to the series though. Play on easy and normal mode and you can get through the game by simply abusing the battle save feature in Radiant Dawn. Play on Hard Mode however and it is certainly not very easy.

shellz

Smash Rookie
I would simply like to say that yoshi in space is a perfectly good reson to buy a game thank you that is all

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It is just a coincidence that NSMB Wii is surprisingly difficult (particularly when compared to its DS iteration), there is a new help system and Miyamoto has outright commented on the situation.

Yes, your version of events makes more sense.

edit: this came off more sarcastic than i meant it to. sorry.
Except it would probably help if you had noticed that I was emphasizing the part after "MORE IMPORTANTLY."

Besides, you haven't played the game before, have you? How do you know it's surprisingly difficult? Let us not forget that video game reviews are FAR from unbiased, most noticeably with high-budget, important titles such as this. Nintendo would have a vested interest in having an important title with such a bold new feature receive a favorable review, so the chances of reviews getting bumped up and/or changed for Nintendo are high. (For a reference of what I'm talking about, see this article.)

Miyamoto specifically coming out and saying something would definitely prove that he's trying to convince people that this new system is good, but why does that necessarily mean he's telling the truth? Wouldn't it make sense that he would be more determined to give it a good reputation if he were more convinced some people might not be happy with it?

But feel free to call me crazy for not taking other people's word for things. I clearly haven't logically thought anything out and am totally paranoid.

I would simply like to say that yoshi in space is a perfectly good reson to buy a game thank you that is all
Yeah, because even if the game implodes after five seconds Yoshi being in space for those five seconds would make the $50 totally worth it.

Bad logic is bad.

Warioman123

Smash Apprentice
That article was a great read Firus, but I think the example you gave about the game imploding was a little out there. Just saying, you could've used a better example, but whatever.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Argh, why is everyone telling me my extreme examples are bad? They're SUPPOSED to be a little out there to make a point.

The argument that Yoshi in space = worth the purchase would essentially mean that, yes, even if the game stops working after 5 seconds, it's worth the $50 for the game because Yoshi was in space.

I think everyone's fully aware that a Wii disk isn't actually going to spontaneously implode.

Warioman123

Smash Apprentice
Sorry. Yoshi in space is not worth the purchase, that you're right about. But anyway, back to the main subject. Would NSMBWii be such a big deal if it weren't for the Kind Code?

finalark

SNORLAX
I am not going to pay $50 for a game that I can just go down to my friend's place and borrow with the only differences being some new levels, power-ups and Yoshi.

... I think I just described an expansion pack.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yes, you really are :ohwell:
Yeah, that's the way to go.

Instead of throwing comments dripping with sarcasm at me when I didn't say anything nasty to you, could you TRY to be civil? I didn't call you some soldier of the Nintendo army or something for taking what's been said at face value (nor do I even think that,) so there's really no reason to throw that crap at me.

All I'm trying to do is have a civil debate about this. I enjoy debating things like this. I don't enjoy being called crazy for extrapolating.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Ok then.

Except it would probably help if you had noticed that I was emphasizing the part after "MORE IMPORTANTLY."
Doesn't give you the right to make silly claims. The evidence you are providing is just silly.

Nintendo have better things to do than pay every single reviewer off off for propoagating a conspiracy of NSMB Wii being harder than it actually is.

And I really doubt Miyamoto would give a fake in-depth description about making the game and how he spent time balancing the difficulty. If you don't want to take what Miyamoto says at face value for something as basic as how he makes his own games, then I don't know what to say.

You say I haven't played the game yet. Yet here you are making theories, assumptions and extrapolations. At least my comments are directly based on the developer's comments and several people who have played the game.

Top Bottom