• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo DSi

Javier78

Smash Apprentice
Well we just gotta wait until Thursday then. Strangely they have a "random" press conference thats a "Surprise"
That's no random press conference. Thats when they delayed brawl for the first time, and when they revealed Sonic, along with other announcments.

A new Pikmin game is supposed to be announced at this press conference, Rumor has it that it's called "Piktura". Supposed to take advantage of the camera.

http://kotaku.com/5056466/is-piktura-the-new-pikmin-for-the-new-nintendo-ds

Symphony X

Smash Lord
How do you even know that there's going to be a "Japan testing period"? Nothing has been said yet. It's all just conjecture based off of an article in a Japanese newspaper. Consoles don't go to Japan or North America first anymore, they get simultaneous releases.
I read an article, it was posted in this thread. It said it was to be released first in Japan. I really don't feel like looking through all four pages of this thread for it. Believe me or not. I don't much care.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
DS Phat FTW.
Quoted for truth.

I just hope its real. I plan on buying it as soon as possible. I wholeheartedly believe that if this was sony there wouldn't be any of this bashing. People don't even know if its even real yet and hate it.
That's because if it were Sony I wouldn't waste my time with bashing it. I think the PSP is a completely stupid device, costing a good amount of money for a handheld system which I've seen very few good games for, and the appeal seems to be "IT HAS EXTRA FEETURZ!" Also, when I attack the PSP I usually get bashed or something and I don't care that much because Sony didn't completely screw me over so I don't bother.

Okay, so what you're saying is it's ridiculous to hate something if it's not even real yet? If you heard a rumor tomorrow that Super Smash Bros Clash (whatever, just a random title) is going to be the next game and Barney were a character, you're saying that it'd be stupid to hate it?
Bah. Mindless defense is mindless.

Oh joy.

My thoughts?

Yay, Nintendo has jumped on the bandwagon of "ZOMG CRAM AS MUCH CRAP AS YOU CAN INTO ONE!!" Great. That was the one thing I actually still credited Nintendo for. Unlike Sony and Microsoft, they didn't waste money adding CD and DVD functionality for their consoles. They were (and still are) relentlessly criticized for it, but I honestly don't want to have to spend extra money to play CDs or DVDs on a game console when I have other things to play them anyways and I would be afraid to play them in it anyways because it has the potential to ruin the console so it will only play CDs/DVDs. This, however, shows that they're not leaving off the crap.

I have an iPod. It serves its purpose well, it has enough space to fit all of my music on there, something the DS would certainly be lacking. Even with SD cards I'd need either a metric ton of small ones or a few large ones. I have about 6GB of music on my iPod, and about 10GB of video. Another reason I might as well just stick with my iPod -- the DS isn't going to support that. Not that I want it to, again. So I don't need the music aspect.

I have a nice digital camera. It has much better quality than the DS camera will, (I know, I know, I haven't seen it yet, sue me for making a perfectly logical assumption. With everything else on the handheld, it won't be able to support as good quality, nor will Nintendo waste their time trying to get as good quality.) so unless it can take in-game pictures it's useless to me, and I doubt it will. As for a camera on the go, I don't bring my DS everywhere, and my cell phone serves that purpose well. The quality isn't great, but it doesn't need to be. I don't need the camera, nor would I find it useful.

Another problem; in the link in the OP, someone referenced that the DS may not have GBA support (which is reasonable, considering we lost GB/GBC support with the regular DS and the Lite has half a GBA slot, which isn't that big to begin with). If that's true, I will definitely NOT get this. I mean, hell, 90% of the use my DS Phat (and the only DS I own, I am proud to say) gets is from playing GBA games (specifically Metroid Fusion). If they remove that, there goes most of the use. Now that's purely speculation, but since they're adding two new functions it makes sense, and I'm offering it as a possibility, not as an inevitability.

And another issue with all of this "extra feature" crap. With consoles, it's still annoying, but for portable things there's another problem that some people don't seem to think about. As convenient as it is to have all of your stuff in one place, while you may normally have, say a half an hour of camera battery, 8 hours of DS battery, and 6 hours of iPod battery (just a bunch of random estimations), you now have all of that condensed into one. And if your DS dies, so does your MP3 player and your camera.
Perhaps people realize it and just don't care, I don't know. But it's an issue to me.

ANOTHER issue with this. As some of the people in the initial link pointed out, new games may utilize camera and MP3 functions. This means it is possible that some new games will not be compatible with DS Phat and DS Lite. I would hope that these games would be gimmicky shovelware, but I can't help but worry that they'd put this into a good game and force people to get a totally new handheld for the game.

By the way, to EVERYONE saying "GAWSH GUISE GIVE NINTY A CHANCE!"; are we EVER allowed to be cynical? I realize we're pretty much always cynical, but every time we are you people are there complaining about it. Why are you SO CONCERNED that people are predisposed to think it's going to be bad? And for once, ESPECIALLY in this situation, couldn't we be legitimately cynical rather than just being cynical because it's Nintendo? Maybe we think the concept of a bunch of crap crammed together into one is stupid?

To summarize? I have a perfectly working DS, a perfectly working iPod, and a perfectly working camera. I don't need this nor do I want it, and I think the idea is stupid.

Yes, "tl;dr", etc. etc. Don't complain about it being long just because you're too lazy to read. Just move on if you don't like the length.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
Firus' post needs to be put in the OP so that everyone knows the people against it's opinion. It pretty much covers everything. To me, this argument is over. Those for it have told us to give it a chance. And the above post says why we don't need to.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Quoted for truth.

Oh joy.

My thoughts?

Yay, Nintendo has jumped on the bandwagon of "ZOMG CRAM AS MUCH CRAP AS YOU CAN INTO ONE!!" Great. That was the one thing I actually still credited Nintendo for. Unlike Sony and Microsoft, they didn't waste money adding CD and DVD functionality for their consoles. They were (and still are) relentlessly criticized for it, but I honestly don't want to have to spend extra money to play CDs or DVDs on a game console when I have other things to play them anyways and I would be afraid to play them in it anyways because it has the potential to ruin the console so it will only play CDs/DVDs. This, however, shows that they're not leaving off the crap.

I have an iPod. It serves its purpose well, it has enough space to fit all of my music on there, something the DS would certainly be lacking. Even with SD cards I'd need either a metric ton of small ones or a few large ones. I have about 6GB of music on my iPod, and about 10GB of video. Another reason I might as well just stick with my iPod -- the DS isn't going to support that. Not that I want it to, again. So I don't need the music aspect.

I have a nice digital camera. It has much better quality than the DS camera will, (I know, I know, I haven't seen it yet, sue me for making a perfectly logical assumption. With everything else on the handheld, it won't be able to support as good quality, nor will Nintendo waste their time trying to get as good quality.) so unless it can take in-game pictures it's useless to me, and I doubt it will. As for a camera on the go, I don't bring my DS everywhere, and my cell phone serves that purpose well. The quality isn't great, but it doesn't need to be. I don't need the camera, nor would I find it useful.

Another problem; in the link in the OP, someone referenced that the DS may not have GBA support (which is reasonable, considering me lost GB/GBC support with the regular DS and the Lite has half a GBA slot, which isn't that big to begin with). If that's true, I will definitely NOT get this. I mean, hell, 90% of the use my DS Phat (and the only DS I own, I am proud to say) gets is from playing GBA games (specifically Metroid Fusion). If they remove that, there goes most of the use. Now that's purely speculation, but since they're adding two new functions it makes sense, and I'm offering it as a possibility, not as an inevitability.

And another issue with all of this "extra feature" crap. With consoles, it's still annoying, but for portable things there's another problem that some people don't seem to think about. As convenient as it is to have all of your stuff in one place, while you may normally have, say a half an hour of camera battery, 8 hours of DS battery, and 6 hours of iPod battery (just a bunch of random estimations), you now have all of that condensed into one. And if your DS dies, so does your MP3 player and your camera.
Perhaps people realize it and just don't care, I don't know. But it's an issue to me.

ANOTHER issue with this. As some of the people in the initial link pointed out, new games may utilize camera and MP3 functions. This means it is possible that some new games will not be compatible with DS Phat and DS Lite. I would hope that these games would be gimmicky shovelware, but I can't help but worry that they'd put this into a good game and force people to get a totally new handheld for the game.

By the way, to EVERYONE saying "GAWSH GUISE GIVE NINTY A CHANCE!"; are we EVER allowed to be cynical? I realize we're pretty much always cynical, but every time we are you people are there complaining about it. Why are you SO CONCERNED that people are predisposed to think it's going to be bad? And for once, ESPECIALLY in this situation, couldn't we be legitimately cynical rather than just being cynical because it's Nintendo? Maybe we think the concept of a bunch of crap crammed together into one is stupid?

To summarize? I have a perfectly working DS, a perfectly working iPod, and a perfectly working camera. I don't need this nor do I want it, and I think the idea is stupid.

Yes, "tl;dr", etc. etc. Don't complain about it being long just because you're too lazy to read. Just move on if you don't like the length.
Now just watch it come out and be completely awesome. :D

Seriously though, almost every single random thing Nintendo has thrown at the video game market has stuck in one way or another. Honestly, I've been waiting for another iteration of the Game Boy Camera for close to a decade now. I never got the chance to monkey around much with the first, so this'll be my first real crack at it. Doesn't matter if it's ****ty, I doubt Nintendo would even begin to market it as a replacement for anybody's digital camera. At worst it's just a fun extra, much like a cell phone camera. At best, it could have legitimate gameplay value (again, as a light sensor or with some sort of facial recognition technology. Maybe video chatting?). But, either way, I doubt it's really being tossed in as some sort of an attempt at an omni-device. The music playback is just simplfying things. People have been homebrewing ways to play music on their DSs for years, so it's nice to see Nintendo actually making something easy for users for a change. If you don't need it, that's fine, but it's not going to be somehow detrimental to the overall device. My iPod Classic can play games--I don't need it to, but it's there if I ever wanted it and it certainly doesn't bring the overall experience down any.

Look at the pluses here. If the new DS is anywhere near this sort of a feature set, then it's going to be a fantastic purchase.

+ Bigger Screens
+ SD Compatibility--and if it supports SDHC that means a theoretical capability of 2TB, but a logical 32GB capacity.
+ Improved Wi-Fi
+ Camera
+ Music Playback
+ No major price increase

None of these things could bring down the overall package any. Even if you don't use them, they're not hurting you any. It just seems like a good deal to me.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Now just watch it come out and be completely awesome. :D
We'll see. If it is, I may consider getting it. But I imagine it's going to be just a quick attempt at combining three different things into one.

Seriously though, almost every single random thing Nintendo has thrown at the video game market has stuck in one way or another. Honestly, I've been waiting for another iteration of the Game Boy Camera for close to a decade now. I never got the chance to monkey around much with the first, so this'll be my first real crack at it. Doesn't matter if it's ****ty, I doubt Nintendo would even begin to market it as a replacement for anybody's digital camera. At worst it's just a fun extra, much like a cell phone camera. At best, it could have legitimate gameplay value (again, as a light sensor or with some sort of facial recognition technology. Maybe video chatting?). But, either way, I doubt it's really being tossed in as some sort of an attempt at an omni-device. The music playback is just simplfying things. People have been homebrewing ways to play music on their DSs for years, so it's nice to see Nintendo actually making something easy for users for a change. If you don't need it, that's fine, but it's not going to be somehow detrimental to the overall device. My iPod Classic can play games--I don't need it to, but it's there if I ever wanted it and it certainly doesn't bring the overall experience down any.
I never had or even saw, I don't think, a Game Boy Camera, so I don't really know what that was like.
Nintendo may not be marketing it as a replacement, but if I have a digital camera that beats it in quality and a cell phone that serves the "fun" purpose, why do I have need for the camera?

And coming back to the possibility of legitimate gameplay value, again, this could make the DS Lite and DS Phat useless. It's already more than impossible to find anything for the DS Phat because the accessories you find everywhere are for the Lite, the last thing I need is for games to not even be available for it. ESPECIALLY if they make another 2D Metroid, as they might actually if they listen to the over 9000 writers into Nintendo Power this month. If they make another 2D Metroid I HAVE to get it, and if they make it not work on the original DS I have to get this thing. I don't want to have to get this thing, there's a reason I never upgraded to the Lite.
Either way, gameplay implementation will probably end up like motion sensor; something that is a GREAT idea, and could have great applications, but it ends up as a gimmick and nothing more. Granted, there may be good applications, but if Nintendo managed to turn one of the greatest ideas for video gaming into simply a gimmick, I can't imagine this wouldn't share the same fate.

If Nintendo weren't making an attempt at an omni-device, I'd be surprised. I mean, that's the "in" thing right now with electronics. EVERYONE is doing it. I'm sure they're going to market it as "Games, camera, and music all in one!" What's the point of adding features like that if it's not a selling point?

It's not that it will make the experience worse, and it MAY prove useful at times. I mean, you bring up the example of games -- I got Sonic the Hedgehog on my iPod for $5. The only other options to get the game portable are for at least 4x that price for a remake on the Game Boy Advance, or somehow find and purchase a Nomad. The extra features have their uses at times, but not enough for me to upgrade so I can HAVE extra features.

Look at the pluses here. If the new DS is anywhere near this sort of a feature set, then it's going to be a fantastic purchase.
Depending on the implementation and what everything means.

+ Bigger Screens
I don't really need a bigger screen...my vision is fine, so a small screen doesn't bother me, and how much bigger would it be anyways? I can definitely see it being useful for other people, in fact I know a few, but not for me. Especially not to spend upwards of $150 to have it.

+ SD Compatibility--and if it supports SDHC that means a theoretical capability of 2TB, but a logical 32GB capacity.
If they actually implement this for use in games, this could be a nice feature. Maybe I could finally have multiple save files on one Pokemon game.
But if it's not used with games, or it has crappy implementation like the Wii's SD card compatibility (the only good thing is that it's compatible with my PC so I can put the Homebrew Channel on there), it's not that big of a deal. Again, I'd rather not waste the battery for playing my DS on listening to music, I'd rather use my iPod and my DS.

+ Improved Wi-Fi
If it's more compatible, that'd be nice, but I already get Wi-Fi with my DS fine. Not that big of a plus for me.
They also said WIRELESS improvements, if they manage to do something about the VC on the DS as some people in that initial article suggested, such as allowing you to transport VC games onto your DS (Super Metroid portable = WIN), that might be what makes me buy it. But I doubt that, it's just wild speculation about something sensible that would be pretty awesome.

+ Camera
+ Music Playback
Already addressed these.

+ No major price increase
This was an estimation. It's not even confirmed by Nintendo yet, so it could end up being incorrect, or it could change in the future. Unless Nintendo's expecting massive sales (which they may be), and keeping the price so low in anticipation, they'll probably raise it.
Either that or the functions are really half-***ed.

Either way, I don't care if the price doesn't increase at all. It's still $150+ that I don't need to spend because I already have things to fulfill every function, unless they make games only compatible with the new DS, which is an issue.

None of these things could bring down the overall package any. Even if you don't use them, they're not hurting you any. It just seems like a good deal to me.
I've had my DS Phat since briefly after it came out, and I'd rather save that $150 for something more useful and just keep my DS Phat. If I bought it, it wouldn't really be detrimental. But I don't intend to.
Also, even if it only costs $20 extra for these two new functions, it's still the principle of that stupid bandwagon of cramming as much stuff as you can into one. This implies that their next handheld will probably have the same features, and even if it's only $20 extra it's still money I could save since I don't need that functionality.

Lovely

Smash Lord
I've never heard of this?!?! But then again, I'm not always on the web. This would almost be like the Panasonic Q, (The GC with a built in DVD), if it had the DVD function's like it but it has almost the same function's as the PSP but with a little more extra features and without the DVD function.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
All we need is built in Internet :D

-:bowser:Bowser King
I suppose that'd be kind of nice.

On the other hand, if they take away the GBA Slot they're either going to have to drop the internet, make a new edition for the new DS, or make it built-in. So maybe it'll make sense for it to happen.

Either way, it's not a selling point for me unless it's majorly improved. The DS browser doesn't sound like it's very good and you can't access the internet anywhere, so chances are I'd rather just use my laptop anyways.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I suppose that'd be kind of nice.

On the other hand, if they take away the GBA Slot they're either going to have to drop the internet, make a new edition for the new DS, or make it built-in. So maybe it'll make sense for it to happen.

Either way, it's not a selling point for me unless it's majorly improved. The DS browser doesn't sound like it's very good and you can't access the internet anywhere, so chances are I'd rather just use my laptop anyways.
Browser sucks on the DS (like you said).

Why couldn't you just use 1?
You would be able to surf the intenet (if included), listen to music, take pictures and all that other stuff instead of using like 3-4 other things.

Deception

Smash Ace
Bah, I don't think this is real. Notice how that article didn't have any sources, or didn't even talk with Nintendo?

Thursday will come, and there will be no announcement for a new DS.

derek.haines

Smash Ace

You would be able to surf the intenet (if included), listen to music, take pictures and all that other stuff instead of using like 3-4 other things.

That's actually the real draw of so-called "Omni-devices"--convenience. I never understood it until I got a cell phone with a decent music player. I used to say, "Why wouldn't I just use all of these different devices that do the same thing?" It's the same reason someone would have a DVD/VCR combo, or a TV with a built-in DVD player: Convenience. It saves space, it eliminates clutter, and it's generally more intuitive overall. I still use my iPod, but there are some situations when it's just easier to play a couple of songs off of the phone instead.

Sorta the same reason to get a laptop with a built-in webcam or an mp3 player with video capabilities. Is it required? No. Does it hurt? Not at all.

Firusthehedgehog said:
And coming back to the possibility of legitimate gameplay value, again, this could make the DS Lite and DS Phat useless. It's already more than impossible to find anything for the DS Phat because the accessories you find everywhere are for the Lite, the last thing I need is for games to not even be available for it. ESPECIALLY if they make another 2D Metroid, as they might actually if they listen to the over 9000 writers into Nintendo Power this month. If they make another 2D Metroid I HAVE to get it, and if they make it not work on the original DS I have to get this thing. I don't want to have to get this thing, there's a reason I never upgraded to the Lite.
Either way, gameplay implementation will probably end up like motion sensor; something that is a GREAT idea, and could have great applications, but it ends up as a gimmick and nothing more. Granted, there may be good applications, but if Nintendo managed to turn one of the greatest ideas for video gaming into simply a gimmick, I can't imagine this wouldn't share the same fate.
I understand this fear, but it's the same fate gamers have faced for the entire life of the video game industry--hell, for the entire history of consumer electronics. Something new comes out, and it renders what you have obsolete. One could make the argument that the Lite effectively already rendered the Phat outdated because of the screens--certain games are completely unplayable on the Phat because of the dark screens. It's the same thing that the Game Boy Color did to the original Game Boy, and the same that the SP did to the GBA.

Is it a fun reality? No, but it is a reality. You don't have to like it, but as a cutting-edge consumer, and more importantly as a gamer, you owe it to yourself to stay updated enough to be able to enjoy the new experiences afforded by new technology.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Browser sucks on the DS (like you said).

Why couldn't you just use 1?

Again, I've already discussed this.

The internet wouldn't be as good and I could use a laptop which not only has better internet but everything else (including the ability to work with sprites ;)) in one, and is more easily useable than a browser on a small handheld device which has merely had it added on and wasn't truly made to handle it.
The only plus is that my DS is portable. My laptop's battery is non-existent (and I'm not joking. If I unplug it, it dies immediately). But even that doesn't change that I'd prefer a laptop for internet.

For listening to music, I prefer my iPod. It can fit more, it's easier to upload to, and unless I go waaay overboard with my music and fill up the remaining 12GB or so on my iPod then I won't have to buy anything new. At the moment, all I have is a 256MB SD card and another 2GB SD card. Since I have 6GB of music I'd need to buy another SD card to fit all of my music. Also, the DS will most likely not have the ability to play videos like my iPod can. The sound quality probably won't be as good as the iPod, and going back to my battery argument, I'd halve my battery power. I'd prefer to have 8 hours (an estimation) of listening to music and playing games than 4 hours of it just to carry around only one thing.

And the camera function will certainly not replace my digital camera, and it won't replace my cell phone, which would have the same "fun" camera ability and I would definitely carry it with me.

And this whole "I only have to carry around one thing" isn't that big of a deal to me anyways.

I understand this fear, but it's the same fate gamers have faced for the entire life of the video game industry--hell, for the entire history of consumer electronics. Something new comes out, and it renders what you have obsolete. One could make the argument that the Lite effectively already rendered the Phat outdated because of the screens--certain games are completely unplayable on the Phat because of the dark screens. It's the same thing that the Game Boy Color did to the original Game Boy, and the same that the SP did to the GBA.

Is it a fun reality? No, but it is a reality. You don't have to like it, but as a cutting-edge consumer, and more importantly as a gamer, you owe it to yourself to stay updated enough to be able to enjoy the new experiences afforded by new technology.
You clearly have a Lite, and have clearly been playing it for too long. I've compared the two screens (my friend has a Lite), and while the lighter, better-looking screen is appealing, it certainly does not render the Phat unplayable because it's better. Granted, I don't have that many games, maybe I just haven't played games you claim to be "unplayable" on the Phat. Regardless, I'm going to tell you right now, it's improved but unless you're comparing them or have played on the Lite extensively, you're not going to come to that sort of conclusion. It's got a BACKLIGHT, for heaven's sake. That's brighter than the GBA and earlier, and uh...we survived all of those years without one. Trying to play things now without a backlight is hard for me because I'm so used to the backlight , but the games are HARDLY unplayable. This is surely what you're experiencing. It's an enhancement, it's maybe more convenient, but it's no more of an enhancement than HDTV. It may look shinier and better, but it doesn't render regular TV useless.
As for your argument on GBA versus SP...uh, I don't own an SP. So much for rendering playing on the GBA unplayable.

(By the way, SkylerOcon wanted me to tell you that his IQ dropped 5 points by just hearing about your post...just passing the message along.)

As a person who isn't able to grow money, I owe it to myself to not buy every new product unless I really have to. And for maybe a few extra games (as the GBC had compared to the GB and GBP) I don't think it's worth buying a whole new handheld.

*Sigh* Reason number 983 to stick to the awesomeness that is retro gaming.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
You clearly have a Lite, and have clearly been playing it for too long. I've compared the two screens (my friend has a Lite), and while the lighter, better-looking screen is appealing, it certainly does not render the Phat unplayable because it's better. Granted, I don't have that many games, maybe I just haven't played games you claim to be "unplayable" on the Phat. Regardless, I'm going to tell you right now, it's improved but unless you're comparing them or have played on the Lite extensively, you're not going to come to that sort of conclusion. It's got a BACKLIGHT, for heaven's sake. That's brighter than the GBA and earlier, and uh...we survived all of those years without one. Trying to play things now without a backlight is hard for me because I'm so used to the backlight , but the games are HARDLY unplayable. This is surely what you're experiencing. It's an enhancement, it's maybe more convenient, but it's no more of an enhancement than HDTV. It may look shinier and better, but it doesn't render regular TV useless.
As for your argument on GBA versus SP...uh, I don't own an SP. So much for rendering playing on the GBA unplayable.
Perhaps unclearly, I actually have both the Lite and the Phat--proud owner of the Phat since launch, actually. As for the comparison, perhaps you've never played Dementium: The Ward (it was regretfully un-loved). Beyond that, you're looking at this completely the wrong way. The SP didn't so much render the original GBA "useless" as you say, but rather a bit silly in comparison. Suddenly, gamers were able to see what they were missing the entire time. I, like yourself, didn't have one, but when stacked side by side you could really see how completely the SP creamed the original GBA.

As for HDTV vs. standard definition television, it's almost impossible to draw a proper comparison without placing them side-by-side. It's not just an enhancement, it's a full-on revolution as far as the picture is concerned. If you've only ever had one, of course it's going to seem superfluous in passing, but upon an extended time spent with the alternative you really do come to appreciate the level of improvement that HDTV offers.

It's only when looking backwards that you can appreciate how far things have come. Looking forward is difficult for most people, and I would assume even more difficult for you because you've read...jeez, it must be four or five of my posts so far. That's gotta be a 20 or 30 point IQ drop. You're risking mental handicap here--but I digress. Take the computer you were using in 1998. It more than likely had a Pentium 2 processor of about 500MHz. At the time this was certainly serviceable and probably even seemed fast. Only when looking backwards can you appreciate how far we've come. This applies to virtually all facets of life (unless all facets of your life are tinted by the ruby glasses of nostalgia).

(By the way, SkylerOcon wanted me to tell you that his IQ dropped 5 points by just hearing about your post...just passing the message along.)
He should really stop reading and/or hearing about my posts. Lord knows he needs every IQ point he can have himself.

As a person who isn't able to grow money, I owe it to myself to not buy every new product unless I really have to. And for maybe a few extra games (as the GBC had compared to the GB and GBP) I don't think it's worth buying a whole new handheld.

*Sigh* Reason number 983 to stick to the awesomeness that is retro gaming.
As a gamer, I feel I owe it to myself to spend money on video games rather than other things. I don't buy t-shirts, I buy games. That's just me. I like to keep up-to-date, as do many other people. You're welcome to play retro games forever, but they are indeed finite. This is entirely a personal choice, however.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Ofc people already have cameras and iPods, but this is one of the things that PS has over them. Capitalism dictates they offer the same features if not more if they are to succeed. How come nobody said "People already have iPods" at the PSP?

*sigh*

Do people on SWF have to whine/debate about everything?

Look, Nintendo is releasing a new iteration of the DS, perhaps to bring in more potential customers to their market. they simply decided to add a little more despite whether the consumer has already had the system or not.

If you don't have a DS, go ahead and get one and jump on the bandwagon.

You already have a DS? That's fine too. Maybe you'll consider another purchase as time goes.

You already have a DS but you're not getting it because of *Insert text*? Ok, that's fine, but don't whine about it and knock it because you simply choose not to where another person may buy it.

It's a new DS. Take it or leave it. =/

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Perhaps unclearly, I actually have both the Lite and the Phat--proud owner of the Phat since launch, actually. As for the comparison, perhaps you've never played Dementium: The Ward (it was regretfully un-loved). Beyond that, you're looking at this completely the wrong way. The SP didn't so much render the original GBA "useless" as you say, but rather a bit silly in comparison. Suddenly, gamers were able to see what they were missing the entire time. I, like yourself, didn't have one, but when stacked side by side you could really see how completely the SP creamed the original GBA.
My point was not that you don't have a Phat, my point was that you had a Lite. Either way, you seem to think that the Lite makes the Phat seem outdated because its screen is brighter, and that's just silly.
No, I haven't played Dementium: The Ward. As I said, maybe I just haven't played games with which you experienced this difference. Either way, I've read about the game and saw one screenshot and from that I can tell that a darker screen is obviously going to be detrimental. I mean, you're what, exploring an abandoned mental hospital with a flashlight? That's the nature of the game, to be dark. Not that it's necessarily okay to be unable to see, I'm just saying that most games wouldn't experience that problem.

Okay, maybe other gamers had this epiphany, but I'm still not entirely sure what epiphany this could be. It had a backlight...that hardly creams the entire original GBA.

As for HDTV vs. standard definition television, it's almost impossible to draw a proper comparison without placing them side-by-side. It's not just an enhancement, it's a full-on revolution as far as the picture is concerned. If you've only ever had one, of course it's going to seem superfluous in passing, but upon an extended time spent with the alternative you really do come to appreciate the level of improvement that HDTV offers.
Actually, I'd say with both instances it's less of "appreciating the level of improvement" than seeing it regularly, getting used to the enhancement, and seeing it as a HUGE improvement that you couldn't live without. It's because you're so used to it. It's more of an illusion than actually realizing something, in my opinion (no offense to you). It's the same thing with all of these fancy HD graphics in video games, and how people argue that Sony and Microsoft's systems are superior because of graphics. They're just shiny, extra features. If NES games are still popular today, clearly they aren't necessary. If a 2D game is still considered to be awesome, if polygonal 3D graphic games are still considered to be classics, then clearly graphics are not detrimental. Do they help? Yeah, a little. They're a nice addition that certainly don't hurt. Do they make a system or a game? No. This goes for backlighting and how bright the aforementioned backlight is. It does not make or break the handheld. It's simply a bonus.

It's only when looking backwards that you can appreciate how far things have come. Looking forward is difficult for most people, and I would assume even more difficult for you because you've read...jeez, it must be four or five of my posts so far. That's gotta be a 20 or 30 point IQ drop. You're risking mental handicap here--but I digress. Take the computer you were using in 1998. It more than likely had a Pentium 2 processor of about 500MHz. At the time this was certainly serviceable and probably even seemed fast. Only when looking backwards can you appreciate how far we've come. This applies to virtually all facets of life (unless all facets of your life are tinted by the ruby glasses of nostalgia).
Okay, that is an unfair attack. I did not make that comment, I never said anything about your posts being stupid. I think you're mistaken if you find a brighter screen to outdate a handheld, but I don't believe I ever said anything about my IQ being lowered.

Yes, by looking back you can realize how far we've come. The difference between the speed of a computer and a slightly brighter screen is hardly comparable, unless your vision is bad to an extent that the quality of the screen does determine how good a handheld is for you. Mine is not.

Oh, the glasses of nostalgia are ruby? I thought they were rose. Bah. [/sarcasm]
I'm so sick of being told about how nostalgic I am. Honest to god, every time I go into a debate and defend something old I'm told how nostalgic I am. Could you please knock it off?

As a gamer, I feel I owe it to myself to spend money on video games rather than other things. I don't buy t-shirts, I buy games. That's just me. I like to keep up-to-date, as do many other people. You're welcome to play retro games forever, but they are indeed finite. This is entirely a personal choice, however.
Yeah...so do I. I don't really buy many other recreational things. Either way, I'm STILL not made of money and there are other things in life besides games, unfortunately, so I can't spend every cent I own on them.

Retro games are hardly finite. If they're so finite then how is it that I managed to play through Super Metroid about five times in the past week and half and am not the least bit tired of it? And I don't own every retro game, I unfortunately didn't collect many retro games and consoles when they were first released. On the other hand, perhaps it's not unfortunate. I can try to collect games I don't own, get the classics themselves even if it takes a while and costs, because ultimately I'd rather track down Super Mario RPG than spend a lot of money on games that will only disappoint me. That's not to say I'd drop new games forever, that's why I'm getting an Xbox 360. On the other hand, I prefer retro games over newer ones.

Ofc people already have cameras and iPods, but this is one of the things that PS has over them. Capitalism dictates they offer the same features if not more if they are to succeed. How come nobody said "People already have iPods" at the PSP?
I think I already addressed this...

Do people on SWF have to whine/debate about everything?
Maybe I enjoy debating?

And again with this "STOP WYNING GUISE, IT IZ WUT IT IZ." I find the concept stupid. I think it's stupid that Nintendo has jumped on this bandwagon. This also means that Nintendo will probably continue this trend next generation with new handhelds/consoles, forcing me to pay extra for extra features I don't need assuming I want their newest handheld/console.
Either way, this is a forum, and the point is to DISCUSS things. Believe it or not, I think what's happening here is more productive than 1000 responses to the thread like "Hm, this is interesting. I might get it." before the thread dies.

Your whole point seems to be "Great, everyone decided what they want to do? Okay, now shut up about it." What's the point of a thread if no one's going to discuss...?

I really need to get around to that blog rant about people telling you not to complain.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ugh, double post. Sorry, I was replying to the post that was posted while I was replying and accidentally posted again instead of editing.

M.K

Level 55
I'm not buying this, and I mean that in many ways.

1) Nintendo has NEVER endorsed ANY sort of camera or music system. This just seems absolutely ludicrous. I don't see the need for any of this junk. Why would Nintendo need to become more than a gaming company?

2) I already have a DS Lite that I am very happy with. I was also the owner of a DS Phat until I turned it in for a DS Lite.

3) I hope it isn't true, and many things point to it being false. For instance, if some games require this so called "photo" capture, how in the world would someone who owns a Lite or Phat be able to get involved? It would be like saying "You can only have food if you wear THESE shoes and only THESE shoes. If you aren't wearing THESE shoes, you can't have the food.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Actually, I'd say with both instances it's less of "appreciating the level of improvement" than seeing it regularly, getting used to the enhancement, and seeing it as a HUGE improvement that you couldn't live without. It's because you're so used to it. It's more of an illusion than actually realizing something, in my opinion (no offense to you). It's the same thing with all of these fancy HD graphics in video games, and how people argue that Sony and Microsoft's systems are superior because of graphics. They're just shiny, extra features. If NES games are still popular today, clearly they aren't necessary. If a 2D game is still considered to be awesome, if polygonal 3D graphic games are still considered to be classics, then clearly graphics are not detrimental. Do they help? Yeah, a little. They're a nice addition that certainly don't hurt. Do they make a system or a game? No. This goes for backlighting and how bright the aforementioned backlight is. It does not make or break the handheld. It's simply a bonus.
I actually agree with you to no small extent. These small extras added into games and gaming systems do not usually make or break them. I do, however, although think that a person needs to be able to appreciate the little refinements made to devices over time. "A Game Boy Advance with a backlight? Wow, that's cool." "Bigger DS screens? Sweetness!" A person needn't wait in line outside of a Best Buy to show appreciation for the little things we get in our consoles--most of which probably should've been there in the first place.

Okay, that is an unfair attack. I did not make that comment, I never said anything about your posts being stupid. I think you're mistaken if you find a brighter screen to outdate a handheld, but I don't believe I ever said anything about my IQ being lowered.

Yes, by looking back you can realize how far we've come. The difference between the speed of a computer and a slightly brighter screen is hardly comparable, unless your vision is bad to an extent that the quality of the screen does determine how good a handheld is for you. Mine is not.
I did not mean it as a personal attack. Honestly, my feelings were a bit hurt and I lashed out humorously. I apologize if it came across negatively, I really do respect your opinion and enjoy debating you (and Mr. SkylerOcon).

I do think that the comparison is apt, however, because now if you compare even the size of the DS screens to that of the GBA, one can appreciate even the little bit that has been gained.

Oh, the glasses of nostalgia are ruby? I thought they were rose. Bah. [/sarcasm]
I'm so sick of being told about how nostalgic I am. Honest to god, every time I go into a debate and defend something old I'm told how nostalgic I am. Could you please knock it off?
You're probably right, I think the glasses of nostalgia are rose colored. I was thinking of Cyclops' Ruby Quartz Glasses. :D

I don't think there's anything wrong with being nostalgic. One needs to know where we've been to appreciate where we've come. God knows I nerd out about Laserdisc players and 8-Track tapes all the freakin' time. There were a hell of alot of great games made in the early days of gaming, and by all means I think any gamer worth their salt needs to sink their teeth into them. I just also happen to think that there are alot of great games made in the present day as well--especially on the DS (Lock's Quest FTW).

Retro games are hardly finite. If they're so finite then how is it that I managed to play through Super Metroid about five times in the past week and half and am not the least bit tired of it? And I don't own every retro game, I unfortunately didn't collect many retro games and consoles when they were first released. On the other hand, perhaps it's not unfortunate. I can try to collect games I don't own, get the classics themselves even if it takes a while and costs, because ultimately I'd rather track down Super Mario RPG than spend a lot of money on games that will only disappoint me. That's not to say I'd drop new games forever, that's why I'm getting an Xbox 360. On the other hand, I prefer retro games over newer ones.
As a fellow retro game collector, I think your quest is a noble one. :D I wouldn't give my copy of Super Mario RPG for anything. As for the XBOX 360, I just purchased one myself to supplement my Wii and PS3, and I have to say it's a wonderful machine. The only real way to play video games anymore is to be a multi-console owner, as each system fills in the gaps in the others' libraries.

Maybe I enjoy debating?

And again with this "STOP WYNING GUISE, IT IZ WUT IT IZ." I find the concept stupid. I think it's stupid that Nintendo has jumped on this bandwagon. This also means that Nintendo will probably continue this trend next generation with new handhelds/consoles, forcing me to pay extra for extra features I don't need assuming I want their newest handheld/console.
Either way, this is a forum, and the point is to DISCUSS things. Believe it or not, I think what's happening here is more productive than 1000 responses to the thread like "Hm, this is interesting. I might get it." before the thread dies.

Your whole point seems to be "Great, everyone decided what they want to do? Okay, now shut up about it." What's the point of a thread if no one's going to discuss...?

I really need to get around to that blog rant about people telling you not to complain.
Wow, congratulations for taking what I said and putting it out of context.

I'm not being immature about this, people on these forums just like to nag and complain about trivial things that really aren't significant. Because in the end all your debating isn't going to change another persons opinion on the matter, it's human nature.

And why exactly does this have to be productive? Even if the thread dies, it's obvious that it's served it's initial purpose. So you would continue to discuss something that really doesn't produce anything but a potential argument or an unneeded bump. If the thread dies, so what? You can either bump it later with new details or if it isn't interesting anymore leave it at that.

If being productive is essentially beating a dead horse till you both come to terms eventually and nit picking insignificant details, then hell, I just wont be productive.

Do what you will, i'm just saying what I feel is necessary to say despite anything else. Continue to enjoy your 'Contained Argument'.

Javier78

Smash Apprentice
There will be a press conference in Japan tonight. Hopefully it will reveal the improved DS so we don't have to discuss a rumor.

Also, OP is updated.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I'm not buying this, and I mean that in many ways.

1) Nintendo has NEVER endorsed ANY sort of camera or music system. This just seems absolutely ludicrous. I don't see the need for any of this junk. Why would Nintendo need to become more than a gaming company?

2) I already have a DS Lite that I am very happy with. I was also the owner of a DS Phat until I turned it in for a DS Lite.

3) I hope it isn't true, and many things point to it being false. For instance, if some games require this so called "photo" capture, how in the world would someone who owns a Lite or Phat be able to get involved? It would be like saying "You can only have food if you wear THESE shoes and only THESE shoes. If you aren't wearing THESE shoes, you can't have the food.
Gameboy camera, GBA television aerial, DS internet browser, the crome DVD/Music/CD version of the GC ect. Nintendo has done this many times before.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
I'll buy this if it is real IF and has new games...even if it doesn't, I'll still probably buy it.
I'll be back after the Nintendo Press conference(which isn't true, since there'll most likely be a seperate thread for the whole conference anyway).

*Something tells me this conference will be garbage. Anyone agree? Hopefully Nintendo will prove me wrong*

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I'm not being immature about this, people on these forums just like to nag and complain about trivial things that really aren't significant. Because in the end all your debating isn't going to change another persons opinion on the matter, it's human nature.

And why exactly does this have to be productive? Even if the thread dies, it's obvious that it's served it's initial purpose. So you would continue to discuss something that really doesn't produce anything but a potential argument or an unneeded bump. If the thread dies, so what? You can either bump it later with new details or if it isn't interesting anymore leave it at that.

If being productive is essentially beating a dead horse till you both come to terms eventually and nit picking insignificant details, then hell, I just wont be productive.
I agree. We have had to much repeat of the same thing over and over.
A debate is fine, but it belongs in the debate hall. This is a discussion room.
Say what you feel about it but making the whole thread center around a pointless debate is....pointless. No one is going to change there mind on if there going to buy it or not. That may not be your intent but expressing your opinion then saying things like "we don't need it" or an attack on Nintendo is just asking for a flame/debate war. No I'm not a console fanboy, I just come here to discuss new games and interesting stuff. Not make complaints on things I dis agree with. I hate halo 3 fanboyism, do I go in and say halo is a bad game? No.
It's just overrated in my eyes, I don't need to start a fight over that.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well...that's no different than the upgrade to a completely new handheld or the situation of the GBC. There are games that can only be played on the GBC -- a select few, granted, but they exist. I'm sure this would be the same thing.

I actually agree with you to no small extent. These small extras added into games and gaming systems do not usually make or break them. I do, however, although think that a person needs to be able to appreciate the little refinements made to devices over time. "A Game Boy Advance with a backlight? Wow, that's cool." "Bigger DS screens? Sweetness!" A person needn't wait in line outside of a Best Buy to show appreciation for the little things we get in our consoles--most of which probably should've been there in the first place.
I agree, you've got appreciate new things. I just don't think that they were necessary or by any means decrease the viability of older things, it just makes it more convenient. It's the reason I use my DS to play GBA games rather than my GBA -- the backlight is rather nice, especially when it's dark out since wormlights are a hassle. Also, my GBA's battery cover broke and is taped on, which makes the DS nicer to use. On the other hand, now that I think about it, when I go on trips it'd be smart to bring my GBA so if I run out of power on my DS or want to conserve it for playing DS games, I can play GBA games on it...but I digress.

I did not mean it as a personal attack. Honestly, my feelings were a bit hurt and I lashed out humorously. I apologize if it came across negatively, I really do respect your opinion and enjoy debating you (and Mr. SkylerOcon).
It's okay, I can understand. It just came off as an attack, and I'm never good at telling if things are meant as a joke or not in real life, and the internet certainly doesn't help that. I'm sorry if I offended you as well, I didn't mean to.

I do think that the comparison is apt, however, because now if you compare even the size of the DS screens to that of the GBA, one can appreciate even the little bit that has been gained.
It's not that you won't notice the difference,

You're probably right, I think the glasses of nostalgia are rose colored. I was thinking of Cyclops' Ruby Quartz Glasses. :D
Heh.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being nostalgic. One needs to know where we've been to appreciate where we've come. God knows I nerd out about Laserdisc players and 8-Track tapes all the freakin' time. There were a hell of alot of great games made in the early days of gaming, and by all means I think any gamer worth their salt needs to sink their teeth into them. I just also happen to think that there are alot of great games made in the present day as well--especially on the DS (Lock's Quest FTW).
Well, when people refer to me as "nostalgic", they generally mean it as "You like only old things, and just because they're old", which is perfectly untrue. I find newer games good, although I think it's fair to say that a lot of franchise titles are not as good as their predecessors. Even just going back to last generation, I love Metroid Fusion (played through it 25 times and counting) and Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. But their...whateverth gen counterparts pale in comparison. Metroid Prime Hunters is...ugh, definitely the worst Metroid game, and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl introduced a set of incredibly weird and stupid Pokemon as well as a generally not as interesting overworld and stupid evil organization. I mean, let's face it, it's hard to call any franchise games of this generation better than previous ones. And as a franchise person (I've just stuck to franchises more than single games, for whatever reason), I thus find most of this generation lackluster. In fact, and I know I probably shouldn't, but the only non-franchise game I own is Nintendogs, and even that will probably turn into a franchise at some point. (And don't ask me why I got Nintendogs. I'm not entirely sure myself.)

As a fellow retro game collector, I think your quest is a noble one. :D I wouldn't give my copy of Super Mario RPG for anything. As for the XBOX 360, I just purchased one myself to supplement my Wii and PS3, and I have to say it's a wonderful machine. The only real way to play video games anymore is to be a multi-console owner, as each system fills in the gaps in the others' libraries.
Thank you. :D I'm really hoping to track down some rarer items, especially the Sega Nomad, but for now I really need to focus on getting more than my current two SNES games (regardless of how Super Metroid can keep me entertained for just about forever).

And I agree, I used to be a complete Nintendo fanboy -- which is one reason I'm sort of glad Nintendo screwed up, because it took that little fanboy out back and shot it (heh, NewsRadio semi-quote, minus the 'fan' and the opening to the sentence) -- but I now know that having only one console is not the best way to go.

Firus. Are you in the Debate Hall of SWF? You should be. For real. I always see you with walls about smart things.
Yes, I am. *points at title/name*
Thanks, I appreciate the compliment.

Wow, congratulations for taking what I said and putting it out of context.
Except...I didn't take it out of context. In fact, I included everything you said, including your comment at the end which basically implied "If you want it, good, shut up, if you don't want it, good, shut up", in my response.

Then why do people debate about anything? Why do people debate about politics, especially? Do you honestly think someone is going to hear someone arguing against Obama/McCain and suddenly realize "Huh. Maybe they would be a bad candidate. I'm with you."? I sure haven't.

And how is this insignificant? To a Nintendo gamer, this could actually mean a lot...and if you think video games are insignificant to debate about, remind me why you're on this forum again? On second thought, if you think they're insignificant, just GTFO.

I'm not saying the thread dying would be bad, when a thread dies, it dies. My POINT was that actually discussing it is better than a bunch of people saying "Thanks for posting this, I might get it." Not to mention you not only discouraged debate, you discouraged people who disagree from posting their opinions. And don't say you didn't, I think "You already have a DS but you're not getting it because of *Insert text*? Ok, that's fine, but don't whine about it and knock it because you simply choose not to where another person may buy it." says that pretty clearly. I mean, god forbid someone who wants the new DS is presented with an opinion that it's not good, mirite? Urgh.

Nitpicking insignificant details? What insignificant details are being picked at?

And we're not beating a dead horse. Again, it's called "discussion".

Do what you will, i'm just saying what I feel is necessary to say despite anything else. Continue to enjoy your 'Contained Argument'.
So...you feel it's necessary to come in here and tell us we're immature idiots beating a dead horse and picking at insignificant details?

*Something tells me this conference will be garbage. Anyone agree? Hopefully Nintendo will prove me wrong*
Look on the bright side, Nintendo would have to try hard for it to fail harder than E3. :D

I agree. We have had to much repeat of the same thing over and over.
A debate is fine, but it belongs in the debate hall. This is a discussion room.
Say what you feel about it but making the whole thread center around a pointless debate is....pointless. No one is going to change there mind on if there going to buy it or not. That may not be your intent but expressing your opinion then saying things like "we don't need it" or an attack on Nintendo is just asking for a flame/debate war. No I'm not a console fanboy, I just come here to discuss new games and interesting stuff. Not make complaints on things I dis agree with. I hate halo 3 fanboyism, do I go in and say halo is a bad game? No.
It's just overrated in my eyes, I don't need to start a fight over that.

I don't think debates in the debate hall really change that either...and plus, the debate hall is for discussion on REAL LIFE ISSUES, not on the newest DS. That belongs here.

But we DON'T need it. Since when is expressing my opinion asking for a flame war and thus forbidden? As someone who owns a DS and who is(/was) a Nintendo fan, I think the issue concerns me. I hate Halo fanboyism and think the game is overrated as well, but the game doesn't concern me so I'm not going into the official thread to flame it. There's a difference. By this logic, anyone who thought E3 was bad should've just kept their opinions to themselves instead of posting in the thread.

It's a FORUM, it's for EXPRESSING YOUR OPINIONS.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Gameboy camera, GBA television aerial, DS internet browser, the crome DVD/Music/CD version of the GC ect. Nintendo has done this many times before.
You forgot that modified Play yan Nintendo Released as the Nintendo MP3 player

and then the Face training Camera. The camera is actually small believe it or not.

Actually I believe Nintendo is getting these 2 accessories and then combining them with the new DS. So in reality no one is getting left out. Just saving or losing more money.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Duel touch screens? Cool. Man, I hope the D-Pad has been changed :(

Darkslash

Smash Master
So its armed
with a .3 Megapixel camera that can be transferred onto the Wii
SD card support
Internal Memory
**** YEA!!!
Integrated Internet Browser(no more use for that DS internet browser card)
MORE **** YEA
More thinner than the DS Lite...wait is that even possible?
DSiware(how original)

But the bad news

The GBA slot got ran out of town. But there is a rumor going around that the DSiware games are old GBA games. So that kinda counter acts the no GBA slot. And no more crappy peripherals possible now with the GBA slot went bye bye.

So that concludes it. I'm keeping my Lite and getting this :bee: if i ever need to play FF Dawn of Souls or transfer some Pokemon thats what i'll use my Lite for.
LOL Pokemon is in FireFox's dictionary.

Engel

Smash Journeyman
"There is a DSi Shop, which users can download DSiWare from as well. Pricing categories for the DSiWare are: Free, 200 points, 500 points and "Premium" or 800 points. Customers will get 1000 free points to spend at the DSi Shop that are good until March 2010."

NES/GB games on the ds.... that'd be nice I guess...

Oh and I've heard conflicting reports on the dual touch screens... People are arguing over if the translation is right >_> Oh well things should be made clearer with nintendo's US conference at noon eastern (I think that's the time)

edit: vid: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2008fall/mov/wii.html?n10

Top Bottom