• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Patrick looks... hm. On one hand, this is an objective improvement over how he was in NASB1, but on the other, I worry they may have overcorrected a bit, not in terms of him being too good, but him being annoying to fight against. That table flip move has me the most concerned; I feel giving a grappler a super active projectile when he already has ways of getting in on ranged pressure (mainly in the form of that new counter he got) is gonna encourage some really campy play. I already hate fighting Kragg in Rivals for similar reasons. (Also, giving him an armored option he can use out of tumble could potentially be really dumb depending how early the armor activates on EX Lariat.) I dunno, we'll see, but I'm ready to camp the **** out of any Patricks I see online because any other option seems way too risky.
Other than that, I really wish we got to see Patrick's back air. If it's not Patback, this entire game is a waste.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
pepething-overlay.png

• looking for a new NASB game
  • ask the GameMill representative if their roster is larger or average
  • they don't understand, I pull out illustrated diagram explaining what is larger and what is average
  • they laugh and say "it's a good roster sir"
  • buy the game
  • it's average

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As long as CatDog returns in this game, I don't care who else gets cut. And that's assuming we even get any cuts as everyone is speculating.

It's my second favorite Nick show after you all obviously know (Hint: Seen in my avatar).

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
A couple more things, mainly good

First up Diego posted the current version of Patrick’s super, here’s a side by side comparison View attachment 376215
View attachment 376216
Second, we got confirmation that every character is gonna get a squished model like that

View attachment 376217
And finally, we have confirmation that from this point forward every showcase will show off the characters super! It seems Jimmy really was the exception in that regard

View attachment 376218
Edit:

We just got a pretty good hint at what Jimmy’s super is

View attachment 376219
View attachment 376220
I'm curious to see what the human characters like Lincoln (if he returns), Nigel, Aang, and others would look like if squished by Patrick's rock.

About Jimmy's Super, either the yolk guys firing at the opponents or Jimmy with the kids in their outer space modified theme park rides...

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So considering that spongebob has Him, PAtrick, Tha Squidward, Sandy, Plankton and no krabs
i think well only see 4 avatar reps which obviously should be the three returning ones + Zuko

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
I know there's a lot of discussion about potential cuts. Personally I don't mind if there are some as the only way I could see them bring everyone back is if they made this game a "same game but with more contest" kind of sequels. But seeing all the new additions, mechanics, reworks, visual overhauls and how the DLC for the last game only ended last year it would be hard to believe they'd be able to bring everyone back. Unless either Ludosity hired more people, they have a far bigger budget or Nick is being more helpful.

I don't mind a few characters being cut. I do mind if entire worlds get cut. So I only hope that Catdog and Oblina comeback so their shows still have representation. That and Shredder only because he was my main in the first game lol

Maybe if they get the chance to do a third game and they don't need to rework as much that sequel can be a "same game with more content" situation and thus bring everyone else back.

Or they could hypothetically give this game more post-launch content than the first. As they bring back everyone either through free updates or DLC.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Or they could hypothetically give this game more post-launch content than the first
Well it was confirmed that the pass announced alongside the game is internally considered season 1...but let's face it Nick would only approve of multiple seasons of DLC where each character is the main protagonist of an unrepped show if A!RM and CD are unrepped in base NASB2.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Well it was confirmed that the pass announced alongside the game is internally considered season 1...but let's face it Nick would only approve of multiple seasons of DLC where each character is the main protagonist of an unrepped show if A!RM and CD are unrepped in base NASB2.
Has it ever been confirmed that all the DLC characters are from new shows?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Give it next game or a few. NASB will eventually have its "EVERYONE IS HERE!".
I could only see that happening if NASB became a double A game, and even then it'd become more and more unlikely as the series expands and changes. EIH is just a Smash thing, most fighters don't do that, for a multitude of very good reasons - now is really the only time NASB could ever EIH.

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
NASB could easily manage a "everyone returns" scenario. Unlike other fighters, there's no reason for NASB 3 to redo everything from scratch again. NASB 1 only got that rework because the devs had clear dissatisfaction with just about everything. NASB 1 was such a broken game they couldn't even change things without the game breaking/glitching somehow. They'll realistically port a lot of groundwork.

Last edited:

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
i know the discussion of cuts is PLENTY egregious (i'd hate to make myself redundant to any one point)
but my personal suspicion is that the base roster in its entirety exclusively pertains to the characters present on the banner - if only because the newcomers appear so reciprocal (?) - azula replacing toph, two new series (el tigre/beavers) replacing two others (ahh real monsters/catdog) - helga having an analogue in two arnold newcomers - a new swath of ninja turtles even! hopefully that isnt speculative beyond reason
and honestly i think that's neat! obviously a bummer - and definitely not my preferred scenario (though neither is everyone returning) - but there's definitely a real conscientiousness behind compensating for what had to be done to fully broaden the game's scope. and i think that's neat

i relish the idea of each entry in this series - should it continue - possessing different mechanics. and the roster being chosen specifically to fit those accentations! how the first NASB accomodates, say, catdog better by virtue of its fundamentals. whereas the second might benefit plankton specifically yk? i feel that'll give these games a lot more longevity in reference to themselves

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This to me means either
1) "The NASB1 footage has no correlation on who's actually in"

or

2) "Why would we show them at all if they weren't in?"

Basically, the two simplest answers. So we're basically still at square one.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This to me means either
1) "The NASB1 footage has no correlation on who's actually in"

or

2) "Why would we show them at all if they weren't in?"

Basically, the two simplest answers. So we're basically still at square one.
i would think the former is the most likely

Smash Journeyman
They really shouldn't have shown off those characters in a NASB 2 trailer if they weren't gonna be in. Especially for a notable zoom in on Michelangelo while having him say a line (Danny and Spongebob doing a similar thing) Imagine if the first Brawl trailer depicted Mewtwo in a major way only to find out he wasn't in the game lmaooo.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
They really shouldn't have shown off those characters in a NASB 2 trailer if they weren't gonna be in. Especially for a notable zoom in on Michelangelo while having him say a line (Danny and Spongebob doing a similar thing) Imagine if the first Brawl trailer depicted Mewtwo in a major way only to find out he wasn't in the game lmaooo.
It would generally be a very questionable decision.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Imagine if the first Brawl trailer depicted Mewtwo in a major way only to find out he wasn't in the game lmaooo.
First Melee trailer/Opening had Ridley and Wolf present and at the time there was speculation they were joining the battle.
Neither one did until future games.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I would agree, except

I did say I think it would be a mistake to cut Lincoln, and I stand by that. But I'm still not 100% confident that they won't.
If you ask me, Hey Arnold has two protagonists. One being Arnold himself, the other being Helga. I've always felt Helga WAS our protagonist rep in NASB because of how much of the show really more revolves around her.

So if Helga IS cut, that's a protagonist rep cut in favor of two supporting characters. Maddening.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I would agree, except

I did say I think it would be a mistake to cut Lincoln, and I stand by that. But I'm still not 100% confident that they won't.
Lincoln staying really, REALLY feels like something Nick would want. The only two characters I truly think have potential to be cut are
1. Helga: Potential moveset overlap with Gerald
2. Shredder: If you're gonna have all those villains on the title screen, and imply Reptar of all characters is gonna be a story mode boss, why no Shredder?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
OK, guys, I know you're very protective of Lincoln here, but I'm pretty sure he's going to be one of the first on the chopping block - you guys remember NASB 1 pre-launch, right? A constant string of jokes about how nobody wants to play as him, elimination polls where he's the first to go, screenshots of the NASB Discord's flair selector where Lincoln's mains were in the double digits and nobody else, even the Uncle Al Hugh campaign video had a joke at his expense - considering that reveal trailer interview said the game was taking into account the initial reaction for roster selections, mascot power can only go so far, especially given that a certain other 2 modern(ish) Nick mascots got the cut in the kart games. This isn't me trying to rag on Lincoln (he's one of my mains), nor am I doomering, (as I've said, I don't really care who gets cut because they'll all be revamped) I just don't want you to set expectations that may not be met.

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
OK, guys, I know you're very protective of Lincoln here, but I'm pretty sure he's going to be one of the first on the chopping block - you guys remember NASB 1 pre-launch, right? A constant string of jokes about how nobody wants to play as him, elimination polls where he's the first to go, screenshots of the NASB Discord's flair selector where Lincoln's mains were in the double digits, even the Uncle Al Hugh campaign video had a joke at his expense - considering that reveal trailer interview said the game was taking into account the initial reaction for roster selections, mascot power can only go so far.
Nickelodeon is confirmed to play a part in roster selection. I don't believe they'd allow their poster child to be cut while his sister is kept in the game.

First Melee trailer/Opening had Ridley and Wolf present and at the time there was speculation they were joining the battle.
Neither one did until future games.
This point would only work if Ridley and Wolf were playable in Smash 64. Mikey is an actual veteran. The proper comparison is if the first Brawl trailer had numerous Melee models show up and two of them were Mewtwo and Roy. What you brought up is more like if Vlad is only a boss despite being plastered on the cover.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I would agree, except

OK, guys, I know you're very protective of Lincoln here, but I'm pretty sure he's going to be one of the first on the chopping block - you guys remember NASB 1 pre-launch, right? A constant string of jokes about how nobody wants to play as him, elimination polls where he's the first to go, screenshots of the NASB Discord's flair selector where Lincoln's mains were in the double digits and nobody else, even the Uncle Al Hugh campaign video had a joke at his expense - considering that reveal trailer interview said the game was taking into account the initial reaction for roster selections, mascot power can only go so far, especially given that a certain other 2 modern(ish) Nick mascots got the cut in the kart games. This isn't me trying to rag on Lincoln (he's one of my mains), nor am I doomering, (as I've said, I don't really care who gets cut because they'll all be revamped) I just don't want you to set expectations that may not be met.
Not comparable in even the slightest. For one, Arnold hasn't been in the previous game. And two. Arnold is being left out intentionally due to being a pacifist. Unlike Sakurai with Isabelle, the team of these games is really determined in staying true to Arnold's character.

That's why Gerald and Gertie are in but Arnold isn't. And why Helga was in as well.

Also, the fact The Loud House is second to Spongebob being Nick's cash cow and popularity. Why do you think it had a spin-off involving Ronnie Anne not even five years in the span of its existence as well as a NetFlix movie?
Nickelodeon is confirmed to play a part in roster selection. I don't believe they'd allow their poster child to be cut while his sister is kept in the game.
This exactly. Why do you think The Loud House is next to Spongebob as Nick's most popular show to the point it had a spin-off within less then five years when it aired and a NetFlix movie?

Cutting out Lincoln would be like cutting out Spongebob.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord

Guess we got news after all, confirmation on certain stages having variants

Edit: We have confirmation that NASB 2 won’t be at Gamescom, but we’re still gonna be getting news like usual

View attachment 376327
The first one looks so different from the rest. Wonder what that's about?

Also if we were only gonna get two showcases a week, they should have saved Patrick for Friday or something.

Top Bottom