• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
i definitely agree - but i also feel that with the influx of new mechanics (particularly side tilts/specials) that catdog's implementation might've been proportionally too much to accomplish w/ satisfaction. they're so built to work around how that original game functions, yk?
besides everything, i'd wager they're the likeliest cut. strangely and unfortunately
They change the active head with down specials, and their "forward" is whichever head is active. It really isn't that complicated.

Shroob

Sup?
Remind me but we saw the Catdog stage right.

I don't see the point of brining back the stage but not the character.

"Hey, sorry we had to cut a character from a show you grew up with and they were the only character of their respective IP, but hey we left the stage in at least!"

That doesn't make anyone happy about the situation. It's a consolation prize, but not one anyone's happy with.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given we might get cuts and there being more then one DLC season pass. What if we get all 5 cut veterans and 3 newcomers?

In this case, along with the cut veterans (CatDog, Helga, Sandy, Shredder, Toph) and newcomers (Luan/Luna, Otis, Timmy Turner).

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Given we might get cuts and there being more then one DLC season pass. What if we get all 5 cut veterans and 3 newcomers?

In this case, along with the cut veterans (CatDog, Helga, Sandy, Shredder, Toph) and newcomers (Luan/Luna, Otis, Timmy Turner).
I'm not sure if the community would be happy about having to pay for veterans. Plus I'm not expecting Luna because Ember makes her effectively redundant.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm not sure if the community would be happy about having to pay for veterans. Plus I'm not expecting Luna because Ember makes her effectively redundant.
Fair enough.
In that case if we do get a Loud, it'll probably be Luan, maybe even Lana. I would have still suspected Luna because she and Lucy seems to be the most popular of the Loud sisters.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The idea of specifically five veterans being cut comes from a debunked fake leak. I still think we'll get a small number of cuts, but the specific one that said five is disproven.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The idea of specifically five veterans being cut comes from a debunked fake leak. I still think we'll get a small number of cuts, but the specific one that said five is disproven.
Nice so even if CatDog gets cut, they can still come back as DLC along with the few that were cut leaving room for more newcomers.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
5 is a decent number. Harkens back to the "Cut 5 from the brawl days"

Most popular character gets cut lol. Also 4 clones, except this game doesn't have clones

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I wish they'd just come out and tell us if there's going to be cuts or not. Like yeah it might impact some of the hype (and they don't have to tell us who it is, just to be prepared for any) but it'd at least give us time to prepare and set our expectations instead of leaving us in suspense then just dropping the game, surprise, without half of the last game's roster.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I wish they'd just come out and tell us if there's going to be cuts or not. Like yeah it might impact some of the hype (and they don't have to tell us who it is, just to be prepared for any) but it'd at least give us time to prepare and set our expectations instead of leaving us in suspense then just dropping the game, surprise, without half of the last game's roster.
I had asked one of the devs on Twitter about this, and he replied that he couldn't say one way or another.

Unfortunately, I get the feeling there's some sort of NDA going into effect here that prevents them from just straight answering with even a "yes" or "no".

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
With us knowing most of the newcomers no way we know anything about the 11 missing characters until later they’re gonna wait. I mean it keeps people tuned in and a lack of suprise with newcomers means they’re gonna do everything they can to keep things we don’t know a secret to keep speculation thus interest going

Faso115

Smash Lord
not many events to reveal fighters before October 24th. I wonder if they'll just showcase everyone else and trailers be damned?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
not many events to reveal fighters before October 24th. I wonder if they'll just showcase everyone else and trailers be damned?
My guess is they might have some more actual trailers in between showcases to show off some newcomers before giving them showcases.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I wonder if they’ll just schedule some YouTube premieres for some of the newcomer reveal trailers so that they get a bit of hype around them even without a larger event to reveal them in. Ludosity previously did that for the double reveal of Orka and Cruiser Tetron for Slap City, and Nintendo had dedicated livestreams for some Smash reveals too.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So if last week was any indication, I feel like it's a safe bet we're getting a showcase tomorrow.

So who do you guys think it'll be? Plankton? Or someone else entirely?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I m feeling a TMNT character honesty
Yeah I think it could be either April or Donnie because they're both often featured in the others showcase, which make me think that they're more ready than other characters.

Jenny, Nigel and Plankton were also in Patrick's showcase so I think those would be the next to look out for too after the TMNT cast.

I've given it some thought, and while I may loathe roster cuts, there are a few I can understand giving the pink slip to:
  • Sandy Cheeks: We already have a net gain when it comes to the Spongebob roster, with four characters already in, so if I had to cut one of them, it would be Sandy.
  • Toph: Look, all that's being swapped is the element that our female A:TLA fan favorite bends. It's safe to say that Toph might be cut.
  • Powdered Toast Man: I know he's the Captain Falcon of the base game, but I'd rather have a solo Ren moveset. (Note to any monkey paws: That does not mean I want Ren Hoek to wield a lightsaber.)
The others are already in the sequel, or they have too much importance to be cut. I expect both agreements and disagreements with this.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I've given it some thought, and while I may loathe roster cuts, there are a few I can understand giving the pink slip to:
  • Sandy Cheeks: We already have a net gain when it comes to the Spongebob roster, with four characters already in, so if I had to cut one of them, it would be Sandy.
  • April O'Neil: If we're getting four Ninja Turtles and Shredder, playable or not, then I can see April being the lame duck of the group. It doesn't help that her 1987 counterpart has been kidnapped multiple times.
  • Toph: Look, all that's being swapped is the element that our female A:TLA fan favorite bends. It's safe to say that Toph might be cut.
  • Powdered Toast Man: I know he's the Captain Falcon of the base game, but I'd rather have a solo Ren moveset. (Note to any monkey paws: That does not mean I want Ren Hoek to wield a lightsaber.)
The others are already in the sequel, or they have too much importance to be cut. I expect both agreements and disagreements with this.
April is confirmed to be back in

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So regarding the beavers. Do you guys think they're a duo like Ren & Stimpy and CatDog or their own separate characters?

Faso115

Smash Lord
Beaver are probably a duo. Which would explain Catdog's absence now that i think about it

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
So I just read the new Danny Phantom graphic novel and it got me thinking... it would be kinda cool to have some stuff from the official canon continuation comics (try saying that three times fast) for stuff like Danny Phantom, Invader Zim, and Avatar.
IMG_0690.jpeg

Weird choice to have Jimmy’s EX down special be SpongeBob’s bite from the first game but I suppose they’re a little rushed for time on him :dedede:

Top Bottom