• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
The Loud House is second to Spongebob being Nick's cash cow and popularity.

Cutting out Lincoln would be like cutting out Spongebob.
Unlike other modern Nick shows which were cancelled and screwed over.

Kind of impressed how Loud House got iconic and the others didn't...

Probably not enough ratings.

One modern Nick show I see having a chance to get a fighter would most likely be Glitch Techs despite its cancellation.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The first one looks so different from the rest. Wonder what that's about?
I'd assume it's the default version of Harmonic.
Not comparable in even the slightest. For one, Arnold hasn't been in the previous game. And two. Arnold is being left out intentionally due to being a pacifist. Unlike Sakurai with Isabelle, the team of these games is really determined in staying true to Arnold's character.

That's why Gerald and Gertie are in but Arnold isn't. And why Helga was in as well.

Also, the fact The Loud House is second to Spongebob being Nick's cash cow and popularity. Why do you think it had a spin-off involving Ronnie Anne not even five years in the span of its existence as well as a NetFlix movie?

This exactly. Why do you think The Loud House is next to Spongebob as Nick's most popular show to the point it had a spin-off within less then five years when it aired and a NetFlix movie?

Cutting out Lincoln would be like cutting out Spongebob.
I think you're missing what I'm saying - I was not comparing Lincoln's NASB status to that of Arnold, and NKR3 Tommy and Angelica were only being used to show an example of Nickelodeon allowing one of their modern "mascots" (which even then is a tad bit dubious a title to grant Lincoln with, since his show has barely any merch or theme park presence compared to 90s and even 2000s nostalgia shows) to be sidelined. Lincoln was made fun of constantly during NASB's pre-launch and early days, and regardless of if that was valid; represented the majority of NASB's playerbase; or anyone actually wanted him cut, it's certainly something they'd be listening to. I don't hate him, I don't want him gone, and I don't necessarily think cutting Lincoln would the smartest decision (at least without adding a new TLH sister in his place) - but a lot of things are going against him and a lot of people seem ignorant of that.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I feel it had something to do with the premise of the show...

All Ten Of My Sisters Can't Be This Cute

It's like an anime but a cartoon.
Limiting the success of the show to only disgusting fetish is a huge disservice to the show. The artstyle is amazing, the writing is super clever, the characters are very relatable to younger kids and even early teens, the animation is the best Nicks has ever done, and it treats everyday issue kids faces in a very fun way.

It's genuinely easily the best Nickelodeon show post 2010's. Yes the fanbase can be weird, but the success of the show is way more than just that.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
And here's another thing: Tommy/Angelica/Arnold are from nostalgia shows.

The Loud House is actively ongoing. This is a show that Nick wants to promote, and they always use Lincoln first when doing so.

Also I wouldn't use merch as an argument, even in the 2000's it was only Spongebob and Avatar getting any major kind of merch presence.

And if he does get cut he's basically screwed for life barring an Everyone is Here game. Unlike Helga or Toph, who would have massive backlash against them being cut and loads of demand for them to come back, nobody would care about Linc's disclusion. And in a fan demand-based roster selection process that would be the end unless Nick corporate intervenes.

I will say that it at least makes me happy to see a lot of people here on his side. Even in the Loud House fandom itself he has to take a lot of hate from some of the superfans of his sisters.

Also, not getting a showcase today really worries me...

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Here's someone trying to say that leak was fake.

You know, the same leak that was sourced from Amazon servers?
Not to mention the leak not only correctly showed Plankton piloting a robot, but even got the design of the robot right. That feels like way too much of a coincidence for a fake leak.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Here's another alleged leak of alleged allegedness, this time of supposed story mode bosses
1692410966949.png

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Here's another alleged leak of alleged allegedness, this time of supposed story mode bosses
And the poster, who is an RP account posing as Pip from South Park by the way, also claimed that Shredder is a boss (and thus cut) while 6 of the unconfirmed veterans are back, leaving five to be cut, one of which is Shredder.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
And the poster, who is an RP account posing as Pip from South Park by the way, also claimed that Shredder is a boss (and thus cut) while 6 of the unconfirmed veterans are back, leaving five to be cut, one of which is Shredder.
Apparently he said that Oblina and CatDog are cut too.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Apparently he said that Oblina and CatDog are cut too.
It was NASBcord user GasterDoggo on an alt account being bored. A making-of video of the leak was posted but Smashboards can't upload it.

Faso115

Smash Lord
It tracks. Remember we saw 5 characters from NASB that weren't shown in 2 yet (Leo, Mikey, Sandy, lincoln and Helga) plus Papagenos saying Hugh is back. I'm betting those 6 are the ones coming back IF this leaker is telling the truth

Pour one out for PTM, Oblina, Catdog, Toph and Shredder

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It tracks. Remember we saw 5 characters from NASB that weren't shown in 2 yet (Leo, Mikey, Sandy, lincoln and Helga) plus Papagenos saying Hugh is back. I'm betting those 6 are the ones coming back IF this leaker is telling the truth

Pour one out for PTM, Oblina, Catdog, Toph and Shredder
It's been confirmed fake.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Main thing throwing me off about that leak is

how... weirdly CGI Calamitous looks compared to the rest of the villains. Even on the leaked boxart, Jimmy doesn't clash with the other characters even though he's from the same show.

I guess it could be real, but at the end of the day it's a blurry off screen shot of an incomplete image. Gonna need a little more than that.

Edit: LOL as soon as I finish typing.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
ok Shredder heads, you live....for now.

Plot twist: The ones in the NASB1 footage are the characters that get cut.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Remember the Grinch Leak though and how everyone legit bought into it?
Plankton more or less confirmed the entire thing. His design is literally 1 to 1 with what was on the leak.

Amazon would have to SEVERELY **** up to upload a fake image as official material for a game. The Grinch Leak didn't originate from a retailer's website.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I think it's too early for platform fighters to say if Everyone Is Here can be a common thing. No one else has been around long enough to get to that point except for Smash. We don't know if we're getting everyone back in Rivals 2 yet, and uh...well, I don't think there's another platfighter that's had a sequel yet. I guess Smash Flash 2? Rest In Peace, Mr. Incredible.

I'm thinking we'll get SF6 treatment in the DLC. Two veterans and two newcomers.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Remember the Grinch Leak though and how everyone legit bought into it?
This is the silliest false equivalency I've ever heard LOL. The splash art straight-up came from an official source, not some guy on the internet. I'm so sick of people bringing up Grinch leak half a decade later in situations where it's not even applicable. That whole mess made y'all way too paranoid, and I fell for it as much as the next guy.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Limiting the success of the show to only disgusting fetish is a huge disservice to the show. The artstyle is amazing, the writing is super clever, the characters are very relatable to younger kids and even early teens, the animation is the best Nicks has ever done, and it treats everyday issue kids faces in a very fun way.

It's genuinely easily the best Nickelodeon show post 2010's. Yes the fanbase can be weird, but the success of the show is way more than just that.
It also surpassed SpongeBob in numbers on premiere, that was and probably for a long time will continue to be unprecedented

Also Gaster was the one that commissioned the original El Tigre image leak, kind of a trend for him to have a hand in these “leaks” smh

Last edited:

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
I still pray CatDog isn't cut.

Take anyone, just don't cut CatDog. :(
i definitely agree - but i also feel that with the influx of new mechanics (particularly side tilts/specials) that catdog's implementation might've been proportionally too much to accomplish w/ satisfaction. they're so built to work around how that original game functions, yk?
besides everything, i'd wager they're the likeliest cut. strangely and unfortunately

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
i definitely agree - but i also feel that with the influx of new mechanics (particularly side tilts/specials) that catdog's implementation might've been proportionally too much to accomplish w/ satisfaction. they're so built to work around how that original game functions, yk?
besides everything, i'd wager they're the likeliest cut. strangely and unfortunately
If it happens. I hope we get an "EVERYONE IS HERE" NASB eventually.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Before I go to bed I guess I’ll throw out a new theory based on…..pretty much nothing lol

SPOILER_image.jpg

So we’ve all seen this by now. And some people have claimed that the boxart would simply be too crowded to have the rest of the veterans….except not really? At least from how I’m looking at this there’s 6 pretty obvious empty spaces that could fit a character without overlapping stuff

So let’s indulge in this fantasy idea for a minute and assume we get 6 more yet to be confirmed veterans. If we get 3 character showcases per week for every single week going forward, we’d make it through 31 character showcases total (and that’s if you don’t count the week of release, since the release date seems to be a Tuesday you could have a 32nd and final character showcase the day before release). Of course this can easily get messed up depending on how they go about revealing newcomers and other game content but again just theorizing, not assuming this stuff is fact

So, who would the 6 be?
  • Lincoln should go without saying. While I don’t necessarily think Stage Theory is still gonna hold up in a traditional sense, we do still have a Loud House stage that’s so closely tied to Lincoln it’d be pretty odd for it to be anyone else’s (I say this as if Azula’s stage isn’t gonna be something closely tied with Zuko but also let’s be real he’ll probably just cameo on the stage :4pacman: ). Also it’s Lincoln
  • Besides him, Hugh seems to be the most obvious pick. From leakers claiming he’s back and him having gotten in due to intense fan demand, he’s also the only NASB 1 DLC character unaccounted for so far
  • From there it’s gotta be Leo and Mikey. I could be paraphrasing but I’m pretty sure they claimed in the Polygon article that they were aiming to address common complaints/grievances about NASB 1, and not all turtles was DEFINITELY one of them. So I’d say they’d be back too
  • So that leaves the last 2 spots, let’s go character by character
  • Shredder: Lmao absolutely not. No characters odds look quite as grim as Shredder’s, he’s probably being programmed as a boss as I type this
  • Sandy and Helga: Two newcomers from their franchises and they’re still yet to be seen? Doesn’t bode well for their chances at all compared to their competition
  • Oblina: Niche as she may be, was a Ludosity pick and comes from a show that was particularly big in Sweden. With them no doubt getting more freedom this time around from Nick and her being from a franchise yet to be repped yet I think it’s very likely Oblina would be one of these remaining two
  • Toph: Honestly don’t have a strong reason to say she couldn’t also be among these back in theory, just don’t have as strong of reasons in favor of it either, so for now I’m just gonna assume Azula was prioritized
  • PTM: This dude was marketed a LOT last game despite by far being the most niche pick last game (and accounting for this games newcomers probably this game too). Not only that, he’s a Ludosity pick again, and we know his stage is back. Generally speaking, I like his odds of being one of these remaining two as well
  • CatDog: sigh ok let’s get this over with. While character wise they’re the least logical cuts of the bunch, from a mechanical standpoint….they’d probably be one of if not the first. There’s frankly so much **** that works against CatDog generally speaking. They’re basically two in one characters, so that’s more work, Dog has his buff moves, not mechanically a pain, but with us now having alts that aren’t hats? Probably a pain in the ass to implement without being buggy. They broke every other patch, you’d have to come up with more differentiating moves for them than they already had AND EX versions of all their special moves across both characters. All of this and we’re getting Beavers? :201l::201o::201l:

In conclusion, my running theory is something like this
IMG_0667.jpeg

Take this as seriously as possible cause it’s very true and likely!!! :dedede:

Quick edit but I just had another thought
If I stretch this theory to its metaphorical limit, what if they line up reveals with a newcomer and a veteran? I mean, we’ve got 6 newcomers left as well

Leo/Azula - Leaders
Mikey/Ember - Rockers/Partiers
Lincoln/Gerald - Kids
PTM/El Tigre - Heroes
Oblina/Beavers - 90’s (or CatDog/Beavers - Duos)
Hugh/Gertie - Adults/Memes

Maybe they could reveal characters like that? Idk I’m probably pushing this lmao

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Before I go to bed I guess I’ll throw out a new theory based on…..pretty much nothing lol

View attachment 376359
So we’ve all seen this by now. And some people have claimed that the boxart would simply be too crowded to have the rest of the veterans….except not really? At least from how I’m looking at this there’s 6 pretty obvious empty spaces that could fit a character without overlapping stuff

So let’s indulge in this fantasy idea for a minute and assume we get 6 more yet to be confirmed veterans. If we get 3 character showcases per week for every single week going forward, we’d make it through 31 character showcases total (and that’s if you don’t count the week of release, since the release date seems to be a Tuesday you could have a 32nd and final character showcase the day before release). Of course this can easily get messed up depending on how they go about revealing newcomers and other game content but again just theorizing, not assuming this stuff is fact

So, who would the 6 be?
  • Lincoln should go without saying. While I don’t necessarily think Stage Theory is still gonna hold up in a traditional sense, we do still have a Loud House stage that’s so closely tied to Lincoln it’d be pretty odd for it to be anyone else’s (I say this as if Azula’s stage isn’t gonna be something closely tied with Zuko but also let’s be real he’ll probably just cameo on the stage :4pacman: ). Also it’s Lincoln
  • Besides him, Hugh seems to be the most obvious pick. From leakers claiming he’s back and him having gotten in due to intense fan demand, he’s also the only NASB 1 DLC character unaccounted for so far
  • From there it’s gotta be Leo and Mikey. I could be paraphrasing but I’m pretty sure they claimed in the Polygon article that they were aiming to address common complaints/grievances about NASB 1, and not all turtles was DEFINITELY one of them. So I’d say they’d be back too
  • So that leaves the last 2 spots, let’s go character by character
  • Shredder: Lmao absolutely not. No characters odds look quite as grim as Shredder’s, he’s probably being programmed as a boss as I type this
  • Sandy and Helga: Two newcomers from their franchises and they’re still yet to be seen? Doesn’t bode well for their chances at all compared to their competition
  • Oblina: Niche as she may be, was a Ludosity pick and comes from a show that was particularly big in Sweden. With them no doubt getting more freedom this time around from Nick and her being from a franchise yet to be repped yet I think it’s very likely Oblina would be one of these remaining two
  • Toph: Honestly don’t have a strong reason to say she couldn’t also be among these back in theory, just don’t have as strong of reasons in favor of it either, so for now I’m just gonna assume Azula was prioritized
  • PTM: This dude was marketed a LOT last game despite by far being the most niche pick last game (and accounting for this games newcomers probably this game too). Not only that, he’s a Ludosity pick again, and we know his stage is back. Generally speaking, I like his odds of being one of these remaining two as well
  • CatDog: sigh ok let’s get this over with. While character wise they’re the least logical cuts of the bunch, from a mechanical standpoint….they’d probably be one of if not the first. There’s frankly so much **** that works against CatDog generally speaking. They’re basically two in one characters, so that’s more work, Dog has his buff moves, not mechanically a pain, but with us now having alts that aren’t hats? Probably a pain in the ass to implement without being buggy. They broke every other patch, you’d have to come up with more differentiating moves for them than they already had AND EX versions of all their special moves across both characters. All of this and we’re getting Beavers? :201l::201o::201l:

In conclusion, my running theory is something like this
View attachment 376360
Take this as seriously as possible cause it’s very true and likely!!! :dedede:
I really hope you're right tbh. With six hypothetical open slots, this is the best outcome I can envision. (Would miss CatDog, but from a mechanical standpoint, I can understand if they aren't in.)

Top Bottom