• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Before I go to bed I guess I’ll throw out a new theory based on…..pretty much nothing lol

View attachment 376359
So we’ve all seen this by now. And some people have claimed that the boxart would simply be too crowded to have the rest of the veterans….except not really? At least from how I’m looking at this there’s 6 pretty obvious empty spaces that could fit a character without overlapping stuff

So let’s indulge in this fantasy idea for a minute and assume we get 6 more yet to be confirmed veterans. If we get 3 character showcases per week for every single week going forward, we’d make it through 31 character showcases total (and that’s if you don’t count the week of release, since the release date seems to be a Tuesday you could have a 32nd and final character showcase the day before release). Of course this can easily get messed up depending on how they go about revealing newcomers and other game content but again just theorizing, not assuming this stuff is fact

So, who would the 6 be?
  • Lincoln should go without saying. While I don’t necessarily think Stage Theory is still gonna hold up in a traditional sense, we do still have a Loud House stage that’s so closely tied to Lincoln it’d be pretty odd for it to be anyone else’s (I say this as if Azula’s stage isn’t gonna be something closely tied with Zuko but also let’s be real he’ll probably just cameo on the stage :4pacman: ). Also it’s Lincoln
  • Besides him, Hugh seems to be the most obvious pick. From leakers claiming he’s back and him having gotten in due to intense fan demand, he’s also the only NASB 1 DLC character unaccounted for so far
  • From there it’s gotta be Leo and Mikey. I could be paraphrasing but I’m pretty sure they claimed in the Polygon article that they were aiming to address common complaints/grievances about NASB 1, and not all turtles was DEFINITELY one of them. So I’d say they’d be back too
  • So that leaves the last 2 spots, let’s go character by character
  • Shredder: Lmao absolutely not. No characters odds look quite as grim as Shredder’s, he’s probably being programmed as a boss as I type this
  • Sandy and Helga: Two newcomers from their franchises and they’re still yet to be seen? Doesn’t bode well for their chances at all compared to their competition
  • Oblina: Niche as she may be, was a Ludosity pick and comes from a show that was particularly big in Sweden. With them no doubt getting more freedom this time around from Nick and her being from a franchise yet to be repped yet I think it’s very likely Oblina would be one of these remaining two
  • Toph: Honestly don’t have a strong reason to say she couldn’t also be among these back in theory, just don’t have as strong of reasons in favor of it either, so for now I’m just gonna assume Azula was prioritized
  • PTM: This dude was marketed a LOT last game despite by far being the most niche pick last game (and accounting for this games newcomers probably this game too). Not only that, he’s a Ludosity pick again, and we know his stage is back. Generally speaking, I like his odds of being one of these remaining two as well
  • CatDog: sigh ok let’s get this over with. While character wise they’re the least logical cuts of the bunch, from a mechanical standpoint….they’d probably be one of if not the first. There’s frankly so much **** that works against CatDog generally speaking. They’re basically two in one characters, so that’s more work, Dog has his buff moves, not mechanically a pain, but with us now having alts that aren’t hats? Probably a pain in the ass to implement without being buggy. They broke every other patch, you’d have to come up with more differentiating moves for them than they already had AND EX versions of all their special moves across both characters. All of this and we’re getting Beavers? :201l::201o::201l:

In conclusion, my running theory is something like this
View attachment 376360
Take this as seriously as possible cause it’s very true and likely!!! :dedede:

Quick edit but I just had another thought
If I stretch this theory to its metaphorical limit, what if they line up reveals with a newcomer and a veteran? I mean, we’ve got 6 newcomers left as well

Leo/Azula - Leaders
Mikey/Ember - Rockers/Partiers
Lincoln/Gerald - Kids
PTM/El Tigre - Heroes
Oblina/Beavers - 90’s (or CatDog/Beavers - Duos)
Hugh/Gertie - Adults/Memes

Maybe they could reveal characters like that? Idk I’m probably pushing this lmao
Gonna cite this theory again, but with some revisions

I still attest that Hugh, Lincoln, Leo and Mikey are very likely still in, and Helga seems to be accidentally confirmed? We’ll see but wouldn’t surprise me if that was the case by now

So that leaves Sandy, Shredder, Toph, Oblina, PTM and CatDog

I’ve already given my tangent for why I think CatDog is cut, Shredder again goes without saying and Sandy, although the rationale I used originally is now moot, still doesn’t have very great odds since unlike Helga, her potential newcomer replacements aren’t less popular/known than her and could cause her to be less of a priority compared to Helga

I have a better reasoning behind Toph potentially being absent and this time it’s due to Kart Racers 3. Originally when the roster was first being shown off I recall quite a few people saying KR3 seemed to take roster inspiration from NASB (with April, Toph, PTM and Oblina being the main reasons for this claim). The main reason I’m bringing it up here is because of Nigel’s absence. Despite him definitely eclipsing PTM and Oblina in popularity, he didn’t make it into KR3. My theory? KR3 had some idea of who the NASB team was gonna have in their game and decided to have any cut characters be in KR3 as a means of cushioning the blow

Of course now that I’m typing it out like this I’m inclined to think Sandy is actually back since she wasn’t a newcomer in KR3….

Ok so I guess my 6th guess then would be Sandy, but for the sake of speculation, who do I think would be most likely after her? I’d say PTM, he’s more popular than Oblina, simpler animations/moveset implementation, his stage is already back (assuming there’s any basis in Stage Theory still (probably not) or that Rimpy still get Space Madness), more alts to pull from (that’s not to say Oblina doesn’t have alts, just that PTM’s would all be simple recolors), more popular show and the show in general is getting a revival soon

So basically I’m still going with my gut that Helga, Lincoln, Hugh, Leo and Mikey, as well as either Sandy or PTM

Meanwhile I think Oblina, Toph, CatDog, Shredder and either Sandy or PTM are gone

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not saying that Lincoln's definitively cut, but I highly doubt that's not the final cover. The game release in 2 months and is already up to preorder, I don't think there's going to be a huge surprise new cover with unannounced veterans out of nowhere.
True, now that I think about, I think the first game's cover didn't have all the characters either.

I still attest that Hugh, Lincoln, Leo and Mikey are very likely still in, and Helga seems to be accidentally confirmed? We’ll see but wouldn’t surprise me if that was the case by now

I’ve already given my tangent for why I think CatDog is cut, Shredder again goes without saying and Sandy, although the rationale I used originally is now moot, still doesn’t have very great odds since unlike Helga, her potential newcomer replacements aren’t less popular/known than her and could cause her to be less of a priority compared to Helga

I have a better reasoning behind Toph potentially being absent and this time it’s due to Kart Racers 3. Originally when the roster was first being shown off I recall quite a few people saying KR3 seemed to take roster inspiration from NASB (with April, Toph, PTM and Oblina being the main reasons for this claim). The main reason I’m bringing it up here is because of Nigel’s absence. Despite him definitely eclipsing PTM and Oblina in popularity, he didn’t make it into KR3. My theory? KR3 had some idea of who the NASB team was gonna have in their game and decided to have any cut characters be in KR3 as a means of cushioning the blow

Of course now that I’m typing it out like this I’m inclined to think Sandy is actually back since she wasn’t a newcomer in KR3….

Ok so I guess my 6th guess then would be Sandy, but for the sake of speculation, who do I think would be most likely after her? I’d say PTM, he’s more popular than Oblina, simpler animations/moveset implementation, his stage is already back (assuming there’s any basis in Stage Theory still (probably not) or that Rimpy still get Space Madness), more alts to pull from (that’s not to say Oblina doesn’t have alts, just that PTM’s would all be simple recolors), more popular show and the show in general is getting a revival soon

So basically I’m still going with my gut that Helga, Lincoln, Hugh, Leo and Mikey, as well as either Sandy or PTM

Meanwhile I think Oblina, Toph, CatDog, Shredder and either Sandy or PTM are gone

Given that fake leak a while back. I'm inclined to believe half the veterans won't be gone. I suspect 2 maybe 3 cuts best and whoever are could be DLC since there will be more then one season.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Not saying that Lincoln's definitively cut, but I highly doubt that's not the final cover. The game release in 2 months and is already up to preorder, I don't think there's going to be a huge surprise new cover with unannounced veterans out of nowhere.
Yeah. While I hope Lincoln's in, it's not looking too good for him right now.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Which one?
Someone earlier made a fake leak showing some of the game's bosses, and then stated that 6 out of the 11 missing veterans are making it back. Although things are looking good for the missing veterans due to Helga accidentally being leaked through the website.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Honestly I don't see PTM getting in before Oblina. People call him "the Falcon of NASB" but in all honesty his moveset was just... very boring and had nothing memorable aside from his taunt. Besides, removing Oblina would mean removing the whole Ahh real monsters representation, and alongside CatDog if your theory is correct and I don't see them deleting 2 whole series if we have only 4 cuts. Also Oblina's moveset was way more creative and considering that they're doing moveset reboot, Oblina probably has much more stuff to work with while PTM only has 3 episodes to pull moveset from. The only thing PTM has going for him is his stage being back, but we know that "stage associated with characters" is not a thing anymore given the past showcase, so it's possible that for some reason they cut Space madness (maybe it was not fit for the game focusing more on the competitive side of thing).

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Someone earlier made a fake leak showing some of the game's bosses, and then stated that 6 out of the 11 missing veterans are making it back. Although things are looking good for the missing veterans due to Helga accidentally being leaked through the website.
Oh yeah that, I’m aware, because I shared my theory on there being 6 more vets, and then they “corroborated” that shortly after I said it

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Honestly I don't see PTM getting in before Oblina. People call him "the Falcon of NASB" but in all honesty his moveset was just... very boring and had nothing memorable aside from his taunt. Besides, removing Oblina would mean removing the whole Ahh real monsters representation, and alongside CatDog if your theory is correct and I don't see them deleting 2 whole series if we have only 4 cuts. Also Oblina's moveset was way more creative and considering that they're doing moveset reboot, Oblina probably has much more stuff to work with while PTM only has 3 episodes to pull moveset from. The only thing PTM has going for him is his stage being back, but we know that "stage associated with characters" is not a thing anymore given the past showcase, so it's possible that for some reason they cut Space madness (maybe it was not fit for the game focusing more on the competitive side of thing).
Yeah, PTM really doesn't have a lot to draw from as far as moveset and alts go, and that might be the reason why he gets the axe.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Yeah, PTM really doesn't have a lot to draw from as far as moveset and alts go, and that might be the reason why he gets the axe.
You repeating something he said in the post you are quoting is not adding anything to the conversation. You don't have to post something every time the thread has new posts.

Last edited:

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
this is so fascinating that his gloves/shoes are the composite of this powder/gelatin substance. i'm well aware it's likely a matter of action figure production but that's a really funny, enigmatic and supposedly disgusting angle for powdered toast man. it's organic~

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
broke: revealing all the characters from the previous game right away
woke: keeping your playerbase in the dark as to where half the characters from the previous game are
bespoke: revealing a character from the previous game, then removing them later
The sad part is that this sounds like something they would actually do, which only makes it worse.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I know they confirmed no gamescom presence today, but maybe we could get a showcase as usual.

Plankton maybe?

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I know they confirmed no gamescom presence today, but maybe we could get a showcase as usual.

Plankton maybe?
It’d be cool if we got a new trailer with a character reveal today as if to be there in spirit, but honestly a showcase would be just fine.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
GameMill would have a showcase at Gamescom, but that would be decent marketing.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If there's six entire showcases just sitting there without Nick even looking at them, man, we might not even get any at least for the rest of the week if not longer.
And we might even get showcases after the game itself already launches.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You would think given any company would want to capsize on Smash's success that Nick would give GameMills better marketing. If that's the case, why even attempt a Smash clone to begin with?

Top Bottom