• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Something I just thought about - Big leak spoilers ahead.

Assuming Vlad’s the big bad of story mode, do you think he’ll be the only boss we see? I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case, but I do expect some “bossified” fighters in the vein of Metal Mario and Giant DK.
The official NASB2 site claims that the game has a boss rush, so that means that Vlad can’t be the only boss. I guess it’s possible that he could be the only “unique” boss though and the rest are bossified normal characters, but we’ll see. Slap City has two “unique” bosses in its story mode, for comparison.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The official NASB2 site claims that the game has a boss rush, so that means that Vlad can’t be the only boss. I guess it’s possible that he could be the only “unique” boss though and the rest are bossified normal characters, but we’ll see. Slap City has two “unique” bosses in its story mode, for comparison.
The positioning of Reptar and Plankton on the box makes me sort of assume they're going to be considered bosses (like you mention, with a souped up kit.) I guess our only real evidence that Vlad isn't playable thus far is just that his background is a different color, but as the main antagonist, that's usually done regardless of playability. I think it's just to signify he's that big bad of the story, and though I've been flip-flopping on it, I think he will be playable at this point.

FazDude

Smash Master
The positioning of Reptar and Plankton on the box makes me sort of assume they're going to be considered bosses (like you mention, with a souped up kit.) I guess our only real evidence that Vlad isn't playable thus far is just that his background is a different color, but as the main antagonist, that's usually done regardless of playability. I think it's just to signify he's that big bad of the story, and though I've been flip-flopping on it, I think he will be playable at this point.
I wouldn't be surprised if Reptar and Plankton were boss characters that could be unlocked through story mode rather than being part of the roster by default. Would make for more reason to try out single-player at the very least.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I wouldn't be surprised if Reptar and Plankton were boss characters that could be unlocked through story mode rather than being part of the roster by default. Would make for more reason to try out single-player at the very least.
I suppose that's a possibility. I know there's the competitive scene issue but I think I may have thought of a solution.

What if, you input a code on like the main menu or a cheats menu and that unlocks all the characters for that play session? Then, the next time you boot it up it only has the characters you've properly unlocked.

FazDude

Smash Master
I suppose that's a possibility. I know there's the competitive scene issue but I think I may have thought of a solution.

What if, you input a code on like the main menu or a cheats menu and that unlocks all the characters for that play session? Then, the next time you boot it up it only has the characters you've properly unlocked.
That's a cool idea - I remember seeing something like that for Smash Ultimate, although where exactly I found it escapes me.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Squidward looks amazing, my only criticism would be his super, it doesn't really feel like a Super actually. Him spinning around could have been easily a strong normal moves and it just feel like a forced reference to a meme.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, Squidward honestly looks like legit main potential for me!

I love how they incorporated his dance moves from "Culture Shock" into the moveset, the double-jump cancel seems like it might be fun to play around with in conjunction with Slime Canceling, and his Down Special is both hilarious in how it weaponized the annoyance/anger he's frequently portrayed with, but also gives me flashbacks to Shredder's Down Special, albeit a seemingly better version of Shredder's move.

Overall, Squidward looks really fun, and out of the three officially-revealed characters, he's honestly probably the one I'm most excited to play as right now.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Squidward looks amazing, my only criticism would be his super, it doesn't really feel like a Super actually. Him spinning around could have been easily a strong normal moves and it just feel like a forced reference to a meme.
I kinda agree with this - While him spinning around could have been a cool dash attack, I feel like the Handsome transformation's different physique makes more sense as a super for hitbox purposes. It's more extreme of a difference than something like Spongebob's new Strong Up Air.

As for the meme thing, I do understand that the references do feel a little forced at times (hi, Toph Up Light and old SB Down Special!), but I think they work well for supers.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So, Squidward honestly looks like legit main potential for me!

I love how they incorporated his dance moves from "Culture Shock" into the moveset, the double-jump cancel seems like it might be fun to play around with in conjunction with Slime Canceling, and his Down Special is both hilarious in how it weaponized the annoyance/anger he's frequently portrayed with, but also gives me flashbacks to Shredder's Down Special, albeit a seemingly better version of Shredder's move.

The only thing I really noticed is that they didn't mention what Squidward's Side Special is, so I'm wondering what that's going to involve.

Overall, Squidward looks really fun, and out of the three officially-revealed characters, he's honestly probably the one I'm most excited to play as right now.
The side special is the painting.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Lincoln vs a Metal version of himself would be a glorious battle of the century
(Meme that's been on the NASB subreddit)
It'll give him some much-needed meme power!

Is it just me or does the new Dutchman Ship stage song sample Teddybear's Picnic? That song was in Toybots too, so if it is, it's a neat - if most likely unintentional - throwback.
I can't believe Gruntilda's gonna be a stage hazard

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Assuming Vlad’s the big bad of story mode, do you think he’ll be the only boss we see? I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case, but I do expect some “bossified” fighters in the vein of Metal Mario and Giant DK.
Didn't we hear from a playtester in the Discord that the game has actual bosses? We may see some Metal Mario and Giant DK-level stuff in there as well (I'm expecting a Kaiju Reptar fight myself), but we do know there'll be actual bosses.

darkvortex

Smash Champion

Iirc there was a discord post form someone in the know who said the game has actual bosses and not just evil spongebob or whatever but I could be misrembemering

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well I mean it makes sense if you think about it, one of the huge driving plot points in many episodes of Rugrats are that they're watching Reptar and idolize him. Tommy may be the main character but Reptar, he's the mascot, in the same vein as say, Krusty the Klown is one of the most iconic and enduring Simpsons characters. You get a Simpsons product, Krusty isn't far behind. Same with Reptar, except with him being the most memorable part of Rugrats, they wanna pump that up to 11.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Well I mean it makes sense if you think about it, one of the huge driving plot points in many episodes of Rugrats are that they're watching Reptar and idolize him. Tommy may be the main character but Reptar, he's the mascot, in the same vein as say, Krusty the Klown is one of the most iconic and enduring Simpsons characters. You get a Simpsons product, Krusty isn't far behind. Same with Reptar, except with him being the most memorable part of Rugrats, they wanna pump that up to 11.
I get that, though at the same time, if you ONLY have Reptar as the sole element from Rugrats being represented, Rugrats as itself is getting left out, making it feel like there's something missing the same way Hugh only represented himself and himself alone in NASB1 or how everyone feels with there being zero Fairly OddParents anything in the game.

Like I think having Reptar as the playable Rugrats character kicks ass, but if we're really not gonna have any of the babies they could at least have a stage based around Tommy's reality like we did with Teeter Totter Gulch.

DemifiendEnjoyer

Smash Apprentice
I know I don’t have a great reputation with this stuff, since I was probably wrong about Casey Jones (I’m still 99% sure he is in the game in some way, even if not playable).
But I heard some vague stuff that there is Fanboy and Chum Chum content of some kind, either in the base game, or DLC.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I get that, though at the same time, if you ONLY have Reptar as the sole element from Rugrats being represented, Rugrats as itself is getting left out, making it feel like there's something missing the same way Hugh only represented himself and himself alone in NASB1 or how everyone feels with there being zero Fairly OddParents anything in the game.

Like I think having Reptar as the playable Rugrats character kicks ass, but if we're really not gonna have any of the babies they could at least have a stage based around Tommy's reality like we did with Teeter Totter Gulch.
I understand what you're saying for sure and I agree, I think the Playpen would be a great stage. Hell, I actually liked Teeter Totter Gulch I just wish it was less buggy

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Reptar is awesome, but I agree that Reptar Ruins shouldn't be the only Rugrats stage. Hell, it barely even feels like a Reptar stage. I love the idea of the playpen with everyone shrunken down (with a variant where it shows the window behind it instead, with the adults having a BBQ). I get wanting to be unique, but it shouldn't feel like something is missing...

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Reptar is awesome, but I agree that Reptar Ruins shouldn't be the only Rugrats stage. Hell, it barely even feels like a Reptar stage. I love the idea of the playpen with everyone shrunken down (with a variant where it shows the window behind it instead, with the adults having a BBQ). I get wanting to be unique, but it shouldn't feel like something is missing...
Yeah, the actual Rugrats themselves.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I know I don’t have a great reputation with this stuff, since I was probably wrong about Casey Jones (I’m still 99% sure he is in the game in some way, even if not playable).
But I heard some vague stuff that there is Fanboy and Chum Chum content of some kind, either in the base game, or DLC.
I need this to be true so bad

Faso115

Smash Lord
I think people here did the math, if we get 2-4 characters per week till october 24th, that would be around 30 characters.

So there are cuts, but not as many as we are theorizing. Hopefully.

What makes me think there aren't that many cuts is how they barely talked about Donnie and Raph.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I think people here did the math, if we get 2-4 characters per week till october 24th, that would be around 30 characters.

What makes me think there aren't that many cuts is how they barely talked about Donnie and Raph.
There's possibility for more showcases post-launch just to keep the momentum going, but that might be stretching it. Were there showcases post NASB1 launch?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Counting the two this week and possibly one on the day before release, that would put the roster size at 33 if they do three showcases a week on all other weeks. Although there's a good chance that we might get weeks with four showcases that could increase the roster size even higher. Still, it's looking good that we'll be getting most of the missing veterans back.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

If we get 3 each week until launch that would do 35 characters showcase (because this week we only got 2 and I doubt we're getting one one the weekend).

Spoiler leak
With the leaked newcomers, if everyone come back the roster would be 36 characters (37 if Vlad is playable and I'm counting Beavers as one). So if we get 3 showcase each week but 2 weeks we're getting 4 showcase we might see everyone coming back + Vlad playable. If we always get 3, we might get 2 cut assuming Vlad is not playable.

So it will be intersting to see how many showcase we have next week. If we get 3 I'll be very hopeful that we'll get barely any cuts, but if we got another week of 2 showcase I'll start to be worry a bit.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well, assuming that they go with the average each week (3) that means that, with roughly 10 weeks remaining, that means there's 30 more total, leading to a launch roster of 32 (hey, look at that, it's my speculation number!) That said, if they never do less than 3 and do a couple weeks with 4, there's a decent shot of no cuts. For the time being I'm gonna assume they're gonna go with the average. Meaning with the roster we know (assuming Beavers as one fighter and that Vlad is playable for a total of 12 newcomers; and assuming Hugh is returning due to PapaGenos) would make for a total of 5 cuts if my math is correct.

I think the only ones I'm truly 100% against losing are Oblina and CatDog, solely because I want their shows to stick around on the roster. Oblina for being a creative pick and CatDog because of the iconic status.

I'd also rather keep Toph so we can rep the 4 nations. Same with Mikey and Leo for to rep all four turtles.

PTM was funny and is the Captain Falcon equivalent imo, you kinda need him.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I'm hopeful but also super worried at the same time. Especially if only one or two characters gets the chopping block, they will never hear the end of it.

Hopefully we get some unrevealed veterans next week. Nobody deserves to be cut.

Top Bottom