• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Sitting here thinking hypothetically, if I'd be okay with any cuts if it meant a better chance of solo Beavers. Like, either everyone is back and Beavers are a duo or we lose one character and solo Beavers gets to happen and hmmm...

I guess I'd cut Sandy, much as it would suck to lose her. Don't want to lose Toph or Helga and it wouldn't be right getting rid of Lincoln, Hugh or PTM. They would be stupid to trade out the other two Turtles and it would make no sense to kick out Shredder now when there's a bigger emphasis on villains. Also, Spongebob having one more character than it did last time, it isn't really dying for refs right now compared to the likes of CatDog and ARM. Sorry Sandy.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
IF there are any veterans cut, it shouldn't be underestimated that one of them could show up in the DLC pass.

I see people acting like it'd be impossible and/or scummy for a cut vet to take up one of the pass's slots, and I think they're too used to how SSBU didn't have any in its Fighters Passes without considering that it didn't because it couldn't.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I see people acting like it'd be impossible and/or scummy for a cut vet to take up one of the pass's slots, and I think they're too used to how SSBU didn't have any in its Fighters Passes without considering that it didn't because it couldn't.
They're already doing a mystery pass, they pretty clearly don't care what is "scummy".

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Any proof that there will be any cuts? I have my concerns, but I don't think anyone would get cut in this game. NASB3 has a good chance of losing a good amount

I don't really care, don't make me pay for bare minimum characters, If they're gonna be excluded just exclude them and go for the new stuff than making your audience pay for the cut chars when that spot could've went to a highly requested character instead.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I really like how all of the super moves we've seen so far (Not counting the might-be-might-not-be Lucy super from the trailer) aren't the characters at their most powerful, but rather at their most destructive. Feels a lot more fitting for a comedic cartoon character's most powerful move to just be them overreacting to a spider on their back or trying to show off their buff bod and causing chaos in the process than going into their ultra super form. Plus, I'm pretty sure that when we get to the played-straight superheroes, they'll be doing their actual superpowers.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I really like how all of the super moves we've seen so far (Not counting the might-be-might-not-be Lucy super from the trailer) aren't the characters at their most powerful, but rather at their most destructive. Feels a lot more fitting for a comedic cartoon character's most powerful move to just be them overreacting to a spider on their back or trying to show off their buff bod and causing chaos in the process than going into their ultra super form. Plus, I'm pretty sure that when we get to the played-straight superheroes, they'll be doing their actual superpowers.
I wouldn't call Handsome squidward his most destructive moment really. He just hit a wall. If you want a destructive moment it could have been him hitting the opponent with a marble until he create the statue. Or it could have been his house destroying the town. Or maybe the April fool prank where he would put the opponent on a rope and he would fly in the Krusty krabs and hit the wall.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
So here’s a bit of a different speculation topic, I’ve compiled what I view as the 20 most likely characters for DLC (again, just my opinion/perspective) and was curious to see if y’all agree or disagree

Yeah I know it’s super early to be speculating DLC but I feel like we’re at a bit of an impasse regarding cut characters so wanted to suggest something different

IMG_0080.jpeg

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Do we know if dlc characters comes with stage? If they do come with stage I could see them focusing more on unrep series, but if there's no stages I think this would give a better chances to another Loud sisters or Rugrats babies for example.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Do we know if dlc characters comes with stage? If they do come with stage I could see them focusing more on unrep series, but if there's no stages I think this would give a better chances to another Loud sisters or Rugrats babies for example.
We don't, as they never specified that they would come with a stage. We'll just have to wait and see when they reveal the first DLC character.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I’m admittedly more concerned about stage cameos. Cause if Mr. Krabs can be one, then just about anyone regardless how requested probably could be. Heck I’m already expecting Zuko to be one for that one Avatar stage

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I’m admittedly more concerned about stage cameos. Cause if Mr. Krabs can be one, then just about anyone regardless how requested probably could be. Heck I’m already expecting Zuko to be one for that one Avatar stage
As well as Lincoln on the Loud Castle stage.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
That’s of course not to say stage cameos can’t be playable obviously they can, I’m just under the impression that they’ve probably already decided DLC and stage cameos, at least to me, always felt like a consolation prize for a characters lack of roster inclusion

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
That's true, but I'm assuming that they've already chosen who will be the 4 dlc so if Krabs is a cameo that probably means that he was never on the table even as dlc in the first place (unless the team is open to stage cameo being playable).

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I actually expect this since the location chosen is from a very Zuko centric episode

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
That's true, but I'm assuming that they've already chosen who will be the 4 dlc so if Krabs is a cameo that probably means that he was never on the table even as dlc in the first place (unless the team is open to stage cameo being playable).
I mean, these devs have taken stage cameos into account before with the whole Spunky on Rocko's stage situation. I wouldn't be surprised if they knew a character was planned for DLC, but wanted to give them a presence in the base game regardless.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Eh? Avatar is the last Nick series I actually care about. But other than seeing Zuko or Azula, I actually really want to see Iroh. He's underrated and is a staple. Splinter from TMNT is another want I would like.

I don't care for Plankton. Squidward was already the perfect antagonist for Spongebob in any sense.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I am betting on the DLC being all new series tbh. Maybe a Rugrats character or something I could see but I think Zuko and Krabs will be NASB3 if anything

Eh? Avatar is the last Nick series I actually care about. But other than seeing Zuko or Azula, I actually really want to see Iroh. He's underrated and is a staple. Splinter from TMNT is another want I would like.

I don't care for Plankton. Squidward was already the perfect antagonist for Spongebob in any sense.
azula is in

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

i think they’re going for genuinely evil antagonists

So here’s a bit of a different speculation topic, I’ve compiled what I view as the 20 most likely characters for DLC (again, just my opinion/perspective) and was curious to see if y’all agree or disagree

Yeah I know it’s super early to be speculating DLC but I feel like we’re at a bit of an impasse regarding cut characters so wanted to suggest something different

I'd actually be fine with any combination of these 20. Not a stinker in the orchard.

I would personally place bets on a Rugrat, Timmy Turner, Otis, and Miko as the four DLC characters. I figure those four are the ones that would sell the pack for many of us.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't really care, don't make me pay for bare minimum characters, If they're gonna be excluded just exclude them and go for the new stuff than making your audience pay for the cut chars when that spot could've went to a highly requested character instead.
Fighting games sell cut veterans as DLC all the time, one game being unable to doesn't mean it isn't normal. It isn't bare minimum anyway when they have to redo all their animations.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Fighting games sell cut veterans as DLC all the time, one game being unable to doesn't mean it isn't normal. It isn't bare minimum anyway when they have to redo all their animations.
Cool. Doesn't make it not lame for one of the four known slots to be eaten by a character we've already seen before.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Cool. Doesn't make it not lame for one of the four known slots to be eaten by a character we've already seen before.
Some people thought Hugh was lame for being a meme, and some thought Rocko was lame for being from the 90's. They're not gonna please everyone with every single pick.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
No idea why wanting no cuts is considered a bad thing now...

View attachment 376015
Regardless of whether the intent of this post was civil or not, it's pretty apparent to me that it's saying "no cuts won't happen", not "no cuts shouldn't happen", which £20 says they're right on (and also that the last patty doesn't mean anything, which £100 says they're right on). Please brace yourselves for cuts - you don't have to like them, or even think they're likely, but don't get your hopes up for a character who isn't confirmed - even if they wouldn't make sense objectively to cut.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Problem is, pretty much everyone that hasn't been confirmed yet is either representing a whole series (CatDog, Oblina), is a Nick superstar (Lincoln, The Turtles), or both. Or if not that then they're synonymous with the game and practically a franchise mascot (Hugh, Powedered Toast Man). Its not like Smash, with characters like Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, or Pichu, which are either a difficult third party or not really essential to the roster. Wolf being absent from a Smash roster doesn't make a roster feel like its mising something, and Pichu's absence certainly isn't felt. But someone like Helga's would.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Problem is, pretty much everyone that hasn't been confirmed yet is either representing a whole series (CatDog, Oblina), is a Nick superstar (Lincoln, The Turtles), or both. Or if not that then they're synonymous with the game and practically a franchise mascot (Hugh, Powedered Toast Man). Its not like Smash, with characters like Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, or Pichu, which are either a difficult third party or not really essential to the roster. Wolf being absent from a Smash roster doesn't make a roster feel like its mising something, and Pichu's absence certainly isn't felt. But someone like Helga's would.
Ice Climbers not essential to the roster
You take that back.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Problem is, pretty much everyone that hasn't been confirmed yet is either representing a whole series (CatDog, Oblina), is a Nick superstar (Lincoln, The Turtles), or both. Or if not that then they're synonymous with the game and practically a franchise mascot (Hugh, Powedered Toast Man). Its not like Smash, with characters like Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, or Pichu, why are either a difficult third party or not really essential to the roster.
And yet Smash at one point cut Mewtwo, one of the most popular Pokémon of all time, who really has none of the hallmarks of other cut characters.

Time constraints are very much a thing and sometimes choices need to be made. I don't think ALL eleven are gone (I definitely don't see Sandy, Helga, Hugh, CatDog, or Toph leaving, personally), but I'm absolutely expecting at least a few cuts. It would be wise to be a bit more open minded about the possibility of cuts.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
i felt pichu's absence #youwerenevergonnagetscizoranyway

At the same time, they don't have unlimited resources just because NASB2 looks higher-budget, and if the leak is any indication, they'd have to make at least 37 characters from scratch in order to bring everyone back.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Problem is, pretty much everyone that hasn't been confirmed yet is either representing a whole series (CatDog, Oblina), is a Nick superstar (Lincoln, The Turtles), or both. Or if not that then they're synonymous with the game and practically a franchise mascot (Hugh, Powedered Toast Man). Its not like Smash, with characters like Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, or Pichu, why are either a difficult third party or not really essential to the roster.
Even if we're to assume Smash rules apply to NASB... Smash cut Mewtwo. One of the most beloved characters to come out of Nintendo, verging on being more popular than Pikachu.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
And yet Smash at one point cut Mewtwo, one of the most popular Pokémon of all time, who really has none of the hallmarks of other cut characters.
And looking outside the boundaries of Smash unlike people who think cut vets being in the DLC are impossible/would suck, let's check out Marvel vs. Capcom.

3 cut Mega Man, the very mascot of Capcom itself, and while Infinite heavily promoted the fact that it had another Mega Man on the roster, it cut out the entirety of X-Men, one of Marvel's biggest series which is responsible for the existence of MvC itself and the success of its own movies helped lead to the MCU which MvCI is heavily based on.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
And looking outside the boundaries of Smash unlike people who think cut vets being in the DLC are impossible/would suck, let's check out Marvel vs. Capcom.

3 cut Mega Man, the very mascot of Capcom itself, and while Infinite heavily promoted the fact that it had another Mega Man on the roster, it cut out the entirety of X-Men, one of Marvel's biggest series which is responsible for the existence of MvC itself and the success of its own movies helped lead to the MCU which MvCI is heavily based on.
I would argue that Ryu is Capcom's mascot, not Mega Man.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The definition of "mascot" in gaming circles, in general, is really weird and vague. People will just look at a cartoonish character and instantly assume they MUST be a corporate mascot just on virtue of having eyes bigger than a biscuit, even when they've never been used as representatives of the company cough*Rayman*cough

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Don't remind me.

he is a clone :4pacman:
Alright, good joke.
And looking outside the boundaries of Smash unlike people who think cut vets being in the DLC are impossible/would suck,
You don't need to be a Smash fan to be think one or more characters in a four-character DLC pass being someone we already played as last year is lame, i.e. me. Even if the moveset's changed, it's a bit of a waste IMO when you're working with a catalog as iconic and extensive as Nickelodeon's.

Top Bottom