• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
So I figure I'll make a list of who we know of officially/in the trailers, to maybe gauge how long they'll have showcases for them until they show us a new character.

Playable in NASB2
Spongebob
Squidward

Patrick
Plankton
Jimmy Neutron
Danny Phantom
Invader ZIM
Garfield
Raphael
Donatello
April O Neil
Aang
Korra
Ren and Stimpy
Lucy Loud
Nigel Thornberry
Reptar
Rocko
Jenny

Shown in NASB1 footage, status unknown
Sandy
Michelangelo (very prominently, might I add)
Leonardo
Lincoln Loud
Toph
Helga

I miss anyone?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
To distract from the current debate, who do you think the equivalent of a "retro rep" for NASB would be? My odds are on someone before the 1980s or otherwise obscure, since TMNT and Garfield have acclimated into Nickelodeon culture since.
A Pinwheel puppet, pretty obviously.

Perhaps but my point still stands. Not all characters were shown on that cover art, still think yer all jumping to conclusions.

I'm confident everyone will be back.
Don't get your hopes up for something that isn't confirmed. Nobody is back until we see them with our own two eyes, no matter how many things "logically" line up. I remember the eruption over the NKR3 cuts - and that was a game we all knew well that we weren't going to play and were just speculating because we were bored - and I don't want that to happen again. You can want something, or even think it's likely, without deluding yourself into thinking it's the only outcome.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I hope that the next trailer at least shows us one of the missing 11 veterans to finally shut up the doomerism about the game's roster size.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Might not be the best time to post this, but I've been pondering the "roguelike elements" of the story mode, and I wonder if we'll get Nick characters not featured in the story as equippable "items" like in the Nick Kart games? (or Smash's spirits if you want something you're more likely to recognize, or really any game with a card system) Just that they can be lost after KO to fit the whole roguelite deal. Thinking this since I watched a few videos about Card City Nights, which has a similar card system AFAIK and is a much more comprehensive Ludosity crossover than Slap City as a result (not that that makes it better than Slap, I haven't played it, but still)

Last edited:
Might not be the best time to post this, but I've been pondering the "roguelike elements" of the story mode, and I wonder if we'll get Nick characters not featured in the story as equippable "items" like in the Nick Kart games? (or Smash's spirits if you want something you're more likely to recognize, or really any game with a card system) Just that they can be lost after KO to fit the whole roguelite deal. Thinking this since I watched a few videos about Card City Nights, which has a similar card system AFAIK and is a much more comprehensive Ludosity crossover than Slap City as a result (not that that makes it better than Slap, I haven't played it, but still)
I'd actually like if that happened.

Fighting games sell cut veterans as DLC all the time, one game being unable to doesn't mean it isn't normal. It isn't bare minimum anyway when they have to redo all their animations.
I'll reiterate. I don't care. These characters should've been in base, having to pay for them in the sequel is too much. Just focus on highly requested new characters instead. Plenty of FGs also left cut characters out entirely for the next game. Personally, NASB's doesn't have enough goodwill to make cutting and reselling big characters well received. Just leave them out if they can't be included in a free update like Shredder and Garf in the first game.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'll reiterate. I don't care. These characters should've been in base and I refuse to pay for them when they can focus on highly requested new characters instead.
Would you rather them just be cut entirely? This isn't a Smash sized team. They're rehauling basically everything from ground up, including veterans. The dev timeline may not line up for us to have everyone if everyone is equivacally speaking brand new from scratch.

I really don't see the problem of paying for characters they literally did not have the time/manpower to do in order to keep the game receiving content.

We may not be able to have it both ways.

Would you rather them just be cut entirely? This isn't a Smash sized team. They're rehauling basically everything from ground up, including veterans. The dev timeline may not line up for us to have everyone if everyone is equivacally speaking brand new from scratch.

I really don't see the problem of paying for characters they literally did not have the time/manpower to do in order to keep the game receiving content.

We may not be able to have it both ways.
If it means more agreeable choices like the numerous requested new faces come instead, then cut them entirely. We can't have it both ways, yes. That also applies to the reception of these cut characters and the division of DLC characters. People whine about cuts in Smash and that game had polish and star power. NASB's reception would be so much worse (already see multiple people ready to not buy if Toph isn't here).

They're already on the thinnest of ice in general after audiences had to pay 50 for this game and 50 for an incomplete game that couldn't deliver what was promised. Among general audiences NASB lacked a strong foundation to make cutting and selling veterans accepted unlike other fighting games. Most felt suckered out of 50 dollars and the idea that they might have to pay for their main too would sting harder than just finding a new one imo. Speaking as someone who feels this way, if I have to pay full price then DLC to play bare minimum picks like Leonardo and Michelangelo then I'm gonna be mad lmao.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I'm gonna get the game eventually no matter what, but no way in hell is it a Day 1 full price buy if all of these characters were cut. If that happens, I'm just gonna wait until its $15 in a couple of months. If they decided to remake everyone's movesets, they should've settled for less newcomers. Nick staples like the Turtles, Lincoln, CatDog, etc shouldn't have to get the boot just because the devs dropped the ball and thought Grandma Pookie was a star priority.

Also, multiple seasons? Looks like we've got a lot to look forward to!

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
More season would be a really good move, they should make this the ultimate Nickelodeon fighting game instead of milking the franchise and making a 3 in 2 years. Of course I'll wait to see how season 1 look before getting too excited about a season 2, but it's nice that from the wording they might be already thinking about supporting the game a lot more than the first.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Personally I can't agree with the idea that selling cut veterans as DLC is necessarily bad. Because hoo boy does it depend heavily on who the newcomers would be.

Like if I had to pick between Sandy or like, Fanboy and Chum Chum I'm picking Sandy every time.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
It's gonna be a long couple of months....

Who do you think they're gonna showcase tomorrow? My bets are on Patrick.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Didn't the first game do all characters from a series then move onto a different one?
Yeah. I’m expecting a Sandy reveal soon if they’re going this route. If she’s skipped then that’s more ammunition for the theories that the missing 11 fighters are all cut.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Yeah. I’m expecting a Sandy reveal soon if they’re going this route. If she’s skipped then that’s more ammunition for the theories that the missing 11 fighters are all cut.
And sadly we still have Plankton and Patrick to get through before we find out.

I was looking through the showcases for NASB1 and some characters were done on the same day (Aang and Korra, Lincoln and Lucy).

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm not taking this as confirmation of anything other than that the Season Pass characters were planned beforehand, which doesn't surprise me. I can certainly see this game getting multiple seasons unlike the first one, but I'm not assuming a Season 2's already in the books before the game's even out.
It's gonna be a long couple of months....

Who do you think they're gonna showcase tomorrow? My bets are on Patrick.
I'm gonna guess Jimmy since he's a new and hotly anticipated fighter and I think they'll wanna show what he's all about early. Then again, that might just be copium because I REALLY wanna see what my boy Jimbo does. Could also be Patrick if they keep going with SB fighters, or Plankton if they wanna focus on newcomers specifically.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wonder how many DLC characters per season? 4 I'm guessing?

Still stand with my prediction or Luan/Luna, Otis, Timmy Turner and Zuko (Or Miko from Glitch Techs) for season 1.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I don't think "season 2" is already in the works but I do think they're probably already thinking about it. I think NASB3 will be a long time away with way more time between it and 2 but we'll get more dlc as a result

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't think "season 2" is already in the works but I do think they're probably already thinking about it. I think NASB3 will be a long time away with way more time between it and 2 but we'll get more dlc as a result
Assuming we get cuts. I hope NASB3 is basically "EVERYONE IS HERE!".

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I think that would have to depend on how much DLC this game gets. A 50+ character roster doesn't sound appealing.
I mean, if we somehow have enough dlc to hit 50 characters (which would mean around 5 years of support with 4 characters a year), I'm pretty sure Everyone is here would be aready a thing. There's no way they would do 20 characters dlc and not think about the past veterans at some point.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This is also possibly confirmation that they're gonna stick with this game for a while instead of jumping right into NASB3 in two years.
Looks like they have more confidence in Ludosity in that department. I'm also not expecting KR4 for a while because Bamtang is instead working on a Dreamworks kart racer.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I think that would have to depend on how much DLC this game gets. A 50+ character roster doesn't sound appealing.
No matter how much you want it, a perfectly balanced roster is genuinely impossible regardless of the type of game it is.

On top of that, some people enjoy the challenge of playing an objectively worse character. Myself included.

For the most part, the devteam has proven to be decent at balance. Trust in that ability.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Ok, controversial question:

What if they do a guest character? Of course someone who makes sense (King Julien, Skipper, Po), would you be fine with them?

Top Bottom