• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I highly doubt that Movie Sonic will be playable. Not only is he third party, but he has little to no association with Nickelodeon itself, aside from Nick's parent company Paramount Global owning the film rights to Sonic. In fact the current Sonic animated series, Sonic Prime, is a Netflix exclusive and most Sonic shows have aired on WB owned networks like KidsWB and Cartoon Network in the US.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
If I’m right in assuming that this game case leak is for the Switch version (the red square in the top left corner) then there’s still quite a bit obscured

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
On another topic, I also forgot to mention another character I'm interested in. I know The Loud House can be kind of polarizing, but I think even the people who don't like it think Luna is pretty cool. She was my favorite character when I would watch it, and a music-based kit is something that could make for a fun moveset. I'm down for her, especially since Ember is pretty much off-the-table, imo.
Otto/Reggie is hard to decide, due to Reggie having an edge from the concept art but Otto having an edge fromt he show itself (usually the most front and center in ads and was always the one in the spotlight in the show itself; though if I were choosing I'd add both as echoes of each other).

I don't see what puts Ember off the table (unless you're talking about the Randy Stair stuff, which most people don't even know about), especially since she's in the Top 25 and the second most requested Danny Phantom character after Vlad.

As someone who's part of The Loud House's fandom I can give some insight in regards to Luna and any other potential reps. While Luna's the most popular sister, I've seen equal demand for Luan as well (and both have precedent from the Super Brawl games). There's also Clyde, who a lot of people tend to forget about. He's been in every crossover TLH has been in alongside Lincoln and a sister (usually Lucy) and was also in the Super Brawl games, so I can see him being chosen as well. Nick's marketing really seems to like him. In terms of NASB fandom popularity, Luna has a slight edge but not by much, given that she placed 115th on the popularity poll and was the highest-ranked Loud House choice. Some even cite Lynn Jr., and while being a stage cameo doesn't outright deconfirm the sporty sibling, she has two layers of polarization to deal with (from being a Loud House character and being extremely polarizing within the fandom itself). Ronnie Anne's all but screwed, given her spinoff's extremely negative reputation outside of TLH's fanbase, along with said spinoff having been cancelled last year.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Otto/Reggie is hard to decide, due to Reggie having an edge from the concept art but Otto having an edge fromt he show itself (usually the most front and center in ads and was always the one in the spotlight in the show itself; though if I were choosing I'd add both as echoes of each other).

I don't see what puts Ember off the table (unless you're talking about the Randy Stair stuff, which most people don't even know about), especially since she's in the Top 25 and the second most requested Danny Phantom character after Vlad.

As someone who's part of The Loud House's fandom I can give some insight in regards to Luna and any other potential reps. While Luna's the most popular sister, I've seen equal demand for Luan as well (and both have precedent from the Super Brawl games). There's also Clyde, who a lot of people tend to forget about. He's been in every crossover TLH has been in alongside Lincoln and a sister (usually Lucy) and was also in the Super Brawl games, so I can see him being chosen as well. Nick's marketing really seems to like him. In terms of NASB fandom popularity, Luna has a slight edge but not by much, given that she placed 115th on the popularity poll and was the highest-ranked Loud House choice. Some even cite Lynn Jr., and while being a stage cameo doesn't outright deconfirm the sporty sibling, she has two layers of polarization to deal with (from being a Loud House character and being extremely polarizing within the fandom itself). Ronnie Anne's all but screwed, given her spinoff's extremely negative reputation outside of TLH's fanbase, along with said spinoff having been cancelled last year.
Nah, I just don't see them doing another DP character after Vlad, much less another DP villain.

As for a third LH rep, personally Luan seems like a polarizing character - you either love her or you hate her, in comparison to Luna's popularity. As for Clyde... imagine taking a boring protag like Lincoln... and then making him more boring. Oh, but they gave him nosebleeds that would even make Sanji look like an angel. Screw Clyde, genuinely hate him. The rest of the sisters seem like they'd either have little to no moveset potential, or if they do, they'd step on the toes of other fighters on the roster (Lynn to Helga, Lisa to Jimmy, for example). I'd much rather get a character with a unique kit then double up on a similar playstyle.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Nah, I just don't see them doing another DP character after Vlad, much less another DP villain.

As for a third LH rep, personally Luan seems like a polarizing character - you either love her or you hate her, in comparison to Luna's popularity. As for Clyde... imagine taking a boring protag like Lincoln... and then making him more boring. Oh, but they gave him nosebleeds that would even make Sanji look like an angel. Screw Clyde, genuinely hate him. The rest of the sisters seem like they'd either have little to no moveset potential, or if they do, they'd step on the toes of other fighters on the roster (Lynn to Helga, Lisa to Jimmy, for example). I'd much rather get a character with a unique kit then double up on a similar playstyle.
I'm a LH defender but yeah it's Luna or bust for third rep, she was popular super early into the show's run and that hasn't changed since. One of the few characters within a fandom I've never really seen people turn on or call overrated at any point

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

1. Clyde got more to do in later seasons that would help build a good moveset (hell, Lincoln himself, with his David Steele stuff and Magician's techniques). As someone who actually watches the show, I can assure you that unless they half-assed it there's no way he'd have moveset overlap with Lincoln.

2. He dropped the nosebleed gag after Season 2. For context, we're on Season 7.

I've never really seen people turn on or call overrated at any point
She's overrated as f*** in the fandom itself, I can assure you of that! XD Hell, a good chunk of her fans don't even care about her music!

But yeah, I do think she has the best chances, but I wouldn't call it anywhere near "Luna or Bust".
Still, the bigger question is will the show even get another rep to begin with rather than who it would be anyway.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
1. Clyde got more to do in later seasons that would help build a good moveset (hell, Lincoln himself, with his David Steele stuff and Magician's techniques). As someone who actually watches the show, I can assure you that unless the half-assed it there's no way he'd have moveset overlap with Lincoln.

2. He dropped the nosebleed gag after Season 2. For context, we're on Season 7.
I didn't say he'd have moveset overlap, I said he was boring, and I stand by that. He's just the token best friend with no character beyond being someone for Lincoln to hang out with. And frankly, I don't care if he dropped the simping gag, the fact is that it's inexplicably tied to his character and it was never funny. Plus, I guarantee it'd get acknowledged in his kit if he did get in, and honestly, there's some things about that that make me genuinely uncomfortable.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Soooooo, we're all in agreement that Odie is a lock, right?
Genuinely wouldn't shock me if he got in!

Danny Phantom is super popular in the fandom, so I could see them doing another after Vlad. Especially since Ember's Top 25. Maybe not as base roster but definitely DLC. And none of the non-ghost non-villain Danny Phantom characters have much demand if any.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If NASB 2 is to have super moves, I think Hugh's Chun-Li kick is a sign that they're gonna be really fun. That move is high risk, high reward incarnate - and really funny to boot. Also, a subjective thing, but I like how said move doesn't have any flashy effects, makes it much more terrifying when it just randomly comes in.

Maybe it'd be cool to let players choose between a comeback meter for supers like Smash and a reward meter like other fighting games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If it was to happen I think it'd be Transfomers, Smurfs, Dreamworks or maybe Sonic. But I'd prefer we focus on Nickelodeon owned characters for now

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I believe that the majority of the newcomers in this game will be taken directly from the KR3 roster, save for Vlad and any reps of new, unrepped shows.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think I've figured out what the Danny sword is - the pose resembles his lnair, while his existing ldair has him throw an ice crystal down - I imagine they're adding the crystal to the lnair as well, possibly reworked into an icicle

Last edited:

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
I'm personally hoping for El Tigre, Tak, and Miko to join in this sequel

But also while 99% not happening, I would love to see a monkey from Monkey Quest and Sketch from Scribble Hero, The only 2 gaming exclusive Nickelodeon characters to show up also, reminiscent of Monkey in Super Brawl 2
Monkey-Quest.jpg
91Nx0zwCtCL.jpg

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

But also while 99% not happening, I would love to see a monkey from Monkey Quest and Sketch from Scribble Hero, The only 2 gaming exclusive Nickelodeon characters to show up alsoView attachment 373934View attachment 373935, reminiscent of Monkey in Super Brawl 2
I already dig Scribble Hero just based on first impression

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
When it comes to gaming rep, I'd probably have to side with a Unite series OC - Wise Old Crab would be absolutely awesome with his staff and unique body shape (even though we're probably getting Donnie and already have Aang for the prior) and even Mr. Huggles or the Glob of Doom (Globius Maximus? was that his name?) could be pretty damn fun.

Tak is problematic to say the least, and everything else is is so obscure that even I'd have reservations about it, and I'm the guy who wants the Pinwheel puppets.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
When it comes to gaming rep, I'd probably have to side with a Unite series OC - Wise Old Crab would be absolutely awesome with his staff and unique body shape (even though we're probably getting Donnie and already have Aang for the prior) and even Mr. Huggles or the Glob of Doom (Globius Maximus? was that his name?) could be pretty damn fun.

Tak is problematic to say the least, and everything else is is so obscure that even I'd have reservations about it, and I'm the guy who wants the Pinwheel puppets.
Why is Tak problematic?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Also speaking of never evers, these four below probably would have been cool to see in an alternate timeline where their shows were picked up by Nick. Its fun (and sad) to imagine what could have been unique fighters for Nick Brawl if Nickelodeon didn't reject their pilots...View attachment 373940
I, personally, long for the alternate timeline where NASB got Muppets.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why is Tak problematic?
A huge portion of the IP is like...absolutely drenched in a hodgepodge of racial stereotypes about native cultures. Between the entire conceit of it basing itself in the "Magical Indian" stereotype, presenting pretty much the entire cast as primitive and buffoonish, often grotesquely exaggerating the physical features of the native characters, and also haphazardly blending features of Native American, Polynesian, and Amazonian native tribes to create a sort of "all natives are the same" mishmash, a lot of it isn't a good look.

It's the same brand of anti-native stereotyping that plagued a lot of media back in the late 90s and early 00s, like with characters like Papu Papu and Humba Wumba. And just like those two, it's probably best for Tak to be left in the past.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

But also while 99% not happening, I would love to see a monkey from Monkey Quest and Sketch from Scribble Hero, The only 2 gaming exclusive Nickelodeon characters to show up also, reminiscent of Monkey in Super Brawl 2View attachment 373934View attachment 373935
i remember seeing Scribble Hero back when i was a kid, it was only through commercials though so this feels like a thanks for reminding me of it.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
A huge portion of the IP is like...absolutely drenched in a hodgepodge of racial stereotypes about native cultures. Between the entire conceit of it basing itself in the "Magical Indian" stereotype, presenting pretty much the entire cast as primitive and buffoonish, often grotesquely exaggerating the physical features of the native characters, and also haphazardly blending features of Native American, Polynesian, and Amazonian native tribes to create a sort of "all natives are the same" mishmash, a lot of it isn't a good look.

It's the same brand of anti-native stereotyping that plagued a lot of media back in the late 90s and early 00s, like with characters like Papu Papu and Humba Wumba. And just like those two, it's probably best for Tak to be left in the past.
I'm 100% for being respectful of other cultures, but I would rather hear people of the cultures they're supposedly misrepresenting say it offends them, rather than people get offended on their behalf.

I've also always personally thought that Tak was more of a play on Aztec culture based on what I remember of the show and games. I don't personally have any horse in this race - from what I remember the game series was always kind of mid and the show was unfunny .

I'm just rambling, but it feels to me like being offended on behalf of someone else is kinda... I dunno, patronizing? Dehumanizing? I mean, did we learn nothing with Speedy Gonzalez?

Top Bottom