• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
the two that are already on the roster
You mean three. Hell, complaints about RP being totally radikewl! didn't prevent Nick from officially licensing ridiculously expensive RP shirts:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You mean three. Hell, complaints about RP being totally radikewl! didn't prevent Nick from officially licensing ridiculously expensive RP shirts:
Gonna be honest I completely forgot about Oblina lmao.

But still! Three!

D

Deleted member

Adding Raph & Donnie would be the best thing to make up for their original absence. Casey would be cool too, but not having all four turtles is just wrong.

Great pic, btw.
This is concept art from when the first game was first being pitched and likely before they found out they couldn't use FOP. It was more of a proof of concept thing than what the roster was actually gonna be. If we get Raph then were definitely getting Donnie

Last edited by a moderator:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This is concept art from when the first game was first being pitched and likely before they found out they couldn't use FOP. It was more of a proof of concept thing than what the roster was actually gonna be. If we get Raph then were definitely getting Donnie
Yeah. I do believe that we are most likely gonna get all four turtles.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
View attachment 373908
This old concept art might be worth keeping an eye on when it comes to potential additions
Didn't one of the devs say a while back that this was just a proof-of-concept and shouldn't be seen as actual consideration of any of the characters in this image?
well i was hoping for something a little more unorthodox
There's still time, broski. These are just the characters in the box; if we have some weirder picks to look forward to, it'd make sense for them to not be there.
I am with you, though. The characters we've seen have been very bog standard so far, and while that doesn't make them bad since they do fill some very obvious holes in the original game's roster composition (my GOD am I glad people can stop moaning about Jimmy), it does leave me hoping for some wackier picks to add that Powdered Toast flair.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Didn't one of the devs say a while back that this was just a proof-of-concept and shouldn't be seen as actual consideration of any of the characters in this image?
Yeah. I do think it makes Rocket Power more likely than some say though. They clearly thought about the series

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

There's still time, broski. These are just the characters in the box; if we have some weirder picks to look forward to, it'd make sense for them to not be there.
I am with you, though. The characters we've seen have been very bog standard so far, and while that doesn't make them bad since they do fill some very obvious holes in the original game's roster composition (my GOD am I glad people can stop moaning about Jimmy), it does leave me hoping for some wackier picks to add that Powdered Toast flair.
I was referring to the story idea in the box

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
View attachment 373909View attachment 373910

how long do we gotta wait until actually good newcomers arrive. what is a "case of jones" or a "you ko"
Fun fact: Before most species of sharks give birth, shark pups cannibalize their many littermates in the womb until only one or two remain.
With that in mind, Baby Shark is perfect for a fighting game because he canonically has a killcount

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Oh um, anyone else notice the Star below Jenny? Kinda looks like a wand. Not like Cosmo or Wanda’s wand mind you but it’s definitely a blue-ish star

Edit: Thinking on it more that could also be April’s, she can have purple stars sometimes

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
View attachment 373908
This old concept art might be worth keeping an eye on when it comes to potential additions
Interestingly, a hefty majority of these are, of course there. Of the ones remaining, here are my personal thoughts on them.

• Casey honestly wasn't super important in the original series. He's a beloved character, but if they added Raph but no Donnie, putting it down to 3 of the turtles being in and then added Casey too, people would be genuinely pissed. I could see Casey if they did both Raph and Donnie, but 7 Turtles characters might be overkill.
  • Reggie is interesting, because she's just as much the protagonist as her brother. I could honestly see either of them, but considering they already thought about her, I'd give her a slight edge. Plus it'd be a new female rep, which they clearly want a lot of.
  • Krumm isn't getting in, imo. People are already just kind of neutral on Oblina is, and there are enough characters people actually want that Krumm would probably get a "really?" reaction.
  • Wanda imo has just as much of a problem as every other FOP character, and with Timmy being the most requested, there's no way we'd get her over Timmy unless there was no way to get Timmy and his fairies to all exist at the same time.
  • Angelica... I mean, she's a very iconic character, but she's like, what, 5? And her whole schtick is just being a bully. We already have one of those with Helga, and the stuff Angelica does in her own series is just as often emotional bullying (and gaslighting) as it is physical. I just don't see enough interesting moveset potential here.

On another topic, I also forgot to mention another character I'm interested in. I know The Loud House can be kind of polarizing, but I think even the people who don't like it think Luna is pretty cool. She was my favorite character when I would watch it, and a music-based kit is something that could make for a fun moveset. I'm down for her, especially since Ember is pretty much off-the-table, imo.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Krumm isn't getting in, imo. People are already just kind of neutral on Oblina is, and there are enough characters people actually want that Krumm would probably get a "really?" reaction.
Whenever I see someone want more A!RM it's always Ickis anyway.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I’m crossing everything I got that El Tigre finds his way into the base roster, he’s got a ton of support, including from the creator, makes a natural fighter and it’d just be nice to see him again after so long

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I’ve always wanted to kick Otto Rocket’s ass so I’d be okay with him getting in.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I would just like to state for the record that Shout Theory still hasn’t been disproven

Nevermind I forgot Jenny kinda already disproves it, still she is the only exception to it so far

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Or Lincoln Loud. They're gonna take him out for sure!
yeah, that or replace him with his live action version

never mind that that would take away resources that would be better spent on a new fighter

and they already had trouble adding the live action character they wanted

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Not gonna get my hopes up over this but nice to see he at least still hopes for it to happen

Okay but we're totally getting live action Dora this time. If I squint I can juuuuust make her out!
You joke but Dora is getting a new series so I wouldn’t rule her out as a legitimate candidate

Correction: She’s getting two new series, one 3D animated and the other live action with a tween target audience

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Because that worked so well for FOP.
Actually they specifically mention the live action movie as inspiration for it, which generally received more positive than negative reception

Plus the best part of the live action movie was easily Dora in a real school setting, something I imagine they’re gonna capitalize on more than they did in the movie

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I don't expect the size to quite double the base roster from the original, but this would be my ideal lineup of newcomers

1. Squidward - Confirmed
2. Jimmy Neutron - Confirmed
3. Raphael - Confirmed
4. Vlad Plasmius - Confirmed

Most Wanted

5. Zuko
6. Donatello
7. El Tigre
8. Timmy Turner
9. Luna Loud
10. Mr. Krabs
11. Vicky
12. Otto Rocket/Reggie Rocket (Either/Or)
13. Daggett
14. Miko Kubota
15. Kitty Katswell
16. Bloom
Least Wanted

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I don't expect the size to quite double the base roster from the original, but this would be my ideal lineup of newcomers

1. Squidward - Confirmed
2. Jimmy Neutron - Confirmed
3. Raphael - Confirmed
4. Vlad Plasmius - Confirmed

Most Wanted

5. Zuko
6. Donatello
7. El Tigre
8. Timmy Turner
9. Luna Loud
10. Mr. Krabs
11. Vicky
12. Otto Rocket/Reggie Rocket (Either/Or)
13. Daggett
14. Miko Kubota
15. Kitty Katswell
16. Bloom
Least Wanted

Just add "any guest character" to the Least Wanted section.

D

Deleted member

A 100% fake but really funny 4chan leak from eairler this month

Screenshot_20230627-014742_kindlephoto-403022.png

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I do hope we get at least a few new series represented as well.

Seeing the new characters being Jimmy, Squidward, Raphael, and Vlad, I would also assume Donatello and Zuko are pretty surefire choices as well.

Obviously the biggest missing series here remains to be The Fairly Oddparents... maybe they just couldn't get through the legal hoops without backing from Nick themselves to pay for those licensing budgets.

Other than the obvious with Timmy, any other series that you guys really want to see get a rep?

While it's not my thing I know Winx Club was popular, and they own it outright to my knowledge, so that could be neat.

El Tigre is a personal favorite for me and I'd love to see him.

Rocket Power is way outdated but I always liked Reggie and Otto's design. Either of them would be cool.

I know Glitch Techs has a sizable fanbase and Miko has a really standout design and potential for a cool moveset even if some of the "gamer culture" stuff kinda makes me cringe.

Kitty Katswell could be fun for a spy moveset, though I know she's kinda the only standout character from TUFF Puppy people care about, for obvious reasons (she's also voiced by an A-list VA so.. if she does get in its probably with an impersonator.)
I'd like to see Otis in the game and Po from Kung Fu Panda even if he's unlikely

I would also like Chalkzone too, aswell as El Tigre, Catscratch, Sanjay & Craig(The Characters), and Welcome to the Wayne too.

D

Deleted member

This dude really is coming for me specifically by putting Patchy in their dumb meme leak.
Honestly aside from the sonic characters and asami (who I like but is a weird pick and I wouldn't want her AND Zuko) this is actually a solid list but I'd prefer to have more new series over so many extra reps

It's fake so it doesn't matter anyway but

Top Bottom