• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If Nick the channel ceased to exist, Nick the brand would continue to. Nostalgia is lucrative (see NASB's roster), and the channel has always been a multimedia thing, there's been toys with nothing to do with Nick shows using the name since the channel's golden age, at least 2 Nick shows released on Netflix instead of Nick, Paramount+ uses the Nick name for all its kids' shows, including licensed stuff that didn't air on the channel, and hell, NASB has Garfield and the 80s TMNT, Nickelodeon-branded characters with no Nick show.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

obviously don't buy anythifg fully but id lean towards real here

Vlad, Squidward, Jimmy, Raph and probably Donnie is already a fairly solid batch of newcomers

D

Deleted member

Vlad's unique positioning does make me wonder about potential story content but I really doubt that

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
garfield back let's gooooooooooooo
I don't suspect anyone will get cut in this transition, what reason would there be if most of the work is already done? Unless they're drastically changing the gameplay, but even then the looks at the model don't seem super touched up, so we're likely not getting a graphic overhaul, which means they should just be able to reuse what they already have. Though... Frankly, I'd ironically just like to see this as an OW2 kind of update where it's just an improvement to the original in that case (for less than $60 this time would be nice too.)

Though I don't think it's going to change whether or not it's real or fake (I think it is real) it is unusual that Danny is holding a sword. And it's not like a sword he wielded. Does anyone recognize it? Or maybe can they think of a Nick property where someone does wield a sword? It's likely not from Turtles or Avatar because it looks to be a European style blade, and I genuinely can't think of any other Nick shows where a prominent character or characters use swords, other than that one Midevil SpongeBob episode.

D

Deleted member

I don't suspect anyone will get cut in this transition, what reason would there be if most of the work is already done? Unless they're drastically changing the gameplay, but even then the looks at the model don't seem super touched up, so we're likely not getting a graphic overhaul, which means they should just be able to reuse what they already have. Though... Frankly, I'd ironically just like to see this as an OW2 kind of update where it's just an improvement to the original in that case (for less than $60 this time would be nice too.)

Though I don't think it's going to change whether or not it's real or fake (I think it is real) it is unusual that Danny is holding a sword. And it's not like a sword he wielded. Does anyone recognize it? Or maybe can they think of a Nick property where someone does wield a sword? It's likely not from Turtles or Avatar because it looks to be a European style blade, and I genuinely can't think of any other Nick shows where a prominent character or characters use swords, other than that one Midevil SpongeBob episode.
Its probably an item rather than part of his moveset, though I'm still unsure what proproty it could be from. Unless its just a generic sword and they're doing smash style original items

D

Deleted member

Obviously too early to tell but depending on how many newcomers we get I think the focus will be on expanding existing series rather than adding new ones, but we'll still probably get one or two new ones. I don't think no FOP in the leaks means all hope is lost but I amt thinking they're still not in personaly

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I do hope we get at least a few new series represented as well.

Seeing the new characters being Jimmy, Squidward, Raphael, and Vlad, I would also assume Donatello and Zuko are pretty surefire choices as well.

Obviously the biggest missing series here remains to be The Fairly Oddparents... maybe they just couldn't get through the legal hoops without backing from Nick themselves to pay for those licensing budgets.

Other than the obvious with Timmy, any other series that you guys really want to see get a rep?

While it's not my thing I know Winx Club was popular, and they own it outright to my knowledge, so that could be neat.

El Tigre is a personal favorite for me and I'd love to see him.

Rocket Power is way outdated but I always liked Reggie and Otto's design. Either of them would be cool.

I know Glitch Techs has a sizable fanbase and Miko has a really standout design and potential for a cool moveset even if some of the "gamer culture" stuff kinda makes me cringe.

Kitty Katswell could be fun for a spy moveset, though I know she's kinda the only standout character from TUFF Puppy people care about, for obvious reasons (she's also voiced by an A-list VA so.. if she does get in its probably with an impersonator.)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'd ironically just like to see this as an OW2 kind of update where it's just an improvement to the original in that case
I don't think it'd be marketed enough if that was the case, unfortunately. Part of the reason why I think items and voices didn't save the game was because they didn't get a trailer.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Other than the obvious with Timmy, any other series that you guys really want to see get a rep
Angry Beavers probably goes without saying from me. Daggett or bust.

Otherwise, it'd be great to see El Tigre, ChalkZone, Blue's Clues, and Stick Stickly, and of course, FOP has waited long enough.
I hope they also keep up the crazy base roster picks. Like em or not, they get people talking.

In terms of expansion of existing IPs, I'd love to see a new Invader ZIM character. I'm still on board with the idea of GIR both existing in ZIM's moveset in robot form and being playable in his dog suit, alongside any others like Dib and Gaz.
Also they can put in whoever they want from Avatar as long as they put in Zuko along with them,

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Squidward and Jimmy were my two most wanted characters that didn't get in, so this is great lmao.

I'm predicting Zuko and Reggie Rocket, and hoping for Arnold and either Rudy or Snap.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Squidward and Jimmy were my two most wanted characters that didn't get in, so this is great lmao.

I'm predicting Zuko and Reggie Rocket, and hoping for Arnold and either Rudy or Snap.
Due to the fact that the show is incredibly unpopular I'm not really expecting Rocket Power to get any reps.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Vlad hype! Now we just need El Tigre and I'll have my two most wanted characters!

On another note, I hope that the devs learned from their mistakes with NASB 1 and implemented more content to make a fuller game. Also hope that Viacom will be a bit less restricting this time around. Fighters having more than two alts and voice acting from the get-go is a must at this point.

Judging by the screenshots and character placement, we may actually get a proper Melee-style adventure mode, which is something that would definitely help the game. I personally don't need anything huge like the Subspace Emissary, but some single-player/alternate game modes that appeal to solo or family gamers like Adventure, Break the Targets, or Home Run Contest would be amazing for the game and definitely help broaden the game's appeal.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Due to the fact that the show is incredibly unpopular I'm not really expecting Rocket Power to get any reps.
It's by no means "incredibly unpopular" lmao. Out of the Nickelodeon shows with no characters it's easily one of the more popular ones.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
If the leak is real, then I'm REALLY happy that both Jimmy and Squidward are in. These were my 2 most requested characters for NASB/NASB2.

Now I only need Zuko and Otis.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's by no means "incredibly unpopular" lmao. Out of the Nickelodeon shows with no characters it's easily one of the more popular ones.
Most of the comments I see about it have been negative, with criticisms ranging from unlikable characters to dated humor and slang to an ugly art style.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Thanks for leaking the inclusion of a Rocket Power rep, I'll keep that in mind when Otto gets revealed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Most of the comments I see about it have been negative, with criticisms ranging from unlikable characters to dated humor and slang to an ugly art style.
It lasted on air for five years, was heavily merchandised, got a few video games, and is referenced pretty heavily by Nick even today.

The art style complaint is also something thrown at all Klasky-Csupo cartoons, including the two that are already on the roster. And like... it's a late nineties cartoon based on SoCal surfer/skater culture. Of course the slang would be a product of its time.

You genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

Top Bottom