• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I do wonder if we'll get extra stages for shows that won't be getting newcomers. Like a third Ren & Stimpy stage or something.
I'd rather have unrep franchise as stages, especially Nick Jr. stuff would be pretty cool if they can't get in as characters like the Backyards from Backyardigans or the Classroom from Wonderpets.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Considering how much content from Garfield's kit originates from Garfield & Friends, that show alone gives you plenty of non-Arbuckle Residence locations to work with. You aren't limited to the wallpaper of Jon's house. Hell, NKR3 had no problems making Garfield tracks based on actual locations on the show.

A lot of the game's most memorable stages really make you feel like you're at the location (Loud House, Teeter-Totter Gulch, Wild Waterfall, Glove World, etc.). G&F has other locations you can work with, so if you want a non-mundane stage you can still do much better than making a bunch of s*** float and calling it a day. Hell, you could even pull from other Garfield media like the games, the movies, anything! You could even do the f****** Garfield dark ride as a stage! I get wanting Odie's stage to parallell Garfield's, but stages like that are only fun for their visuals and not how they actually play.

Last edited:
In fairness, while I think a good amount of the launch roster lack cohesive kits, to the point where you can play them and just know that they were a pre-Garfield character in terms of both animations and moveset quality, there are still a fair few that hold up well in my eyes.

Namely SpongeBob, Helga, Nigel, CatDog, Leonardo, Michelangelo, April, and Reptar. But then on the other hand you have the likes of Sandy and Patrick, who are...yeah.
Catdog's stance switch could be better executed with more distinct properties. And a lot of that list shares air strongs with their ground strongs while Garfield gets to have completely different animations per move, that should be something every character has to some degree. Too many up tilts/up lights are similar too.

I'd say Korra and Toph definitely joined them after patches. But I know Aang is also a character that gets complaints about his movest, but I dunno if he'd really get touched up.

Him predominantly airbending isn't that inaccurate to the show, and I think the devs' intents on having him be a rushdown character would be better appreciated if less of the cast was rushdown-focused.
I disagree. Korra not having any prominent bending moves in a show where the big fighting concept is controlling water and fire itself is extremely stupid. Aang's animations especially are far too aggressive for his personality.

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
I feel like a big concert hall or even the Bubble Bowl performance could work really well as Squidward's stage. And it could also solve the issue of Harmonic Convergence being too big without having to remove the hazards from another stage. Plus it would just feel really cool to fight on a big grand concert.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I get wanting Odie's stage to parallell Garfield's, but stages like that are only fun for their visuals and not how they actually play.
How are Sweet Dreams and Duck Duck Pie not fun gameplay-wise? Those are tried and tested platform fighter stage layouts. If you dislike competitive play to the point of finding the presence of competitive options detrimental, I don't get why you'd play this specific game at all.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
How are Sweet Dreams and Duck Duck Pie not fun gameplay-wise? Those are tried and tested platform fighter stage layouts. If you dislike competitive play to the point of finding the presence of competitive options detrimental, I don't get why you'd play this specific game at all.
Have you considered people might play it for, you know, the funny cartoon characters beating each other up?

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I don't care if competitive options are in the game, I just don't think two pass-through platforms above a block should be the go-to default stage design. I get the humor of a goofy Hugh stage in competitive, but I personally don't think that competitive layouts (especially ones that are clearly Project M expies) are memorable. It's why I liked your idea of every stages having a fun and goofy variant and a competitive variant. It adds loads of memorable stages for casual players while also adding variety for competitive players. We can have our cake and eat it, too!

Besides, if you're gonna give a stage to specifically Odie, something more bizarre and disorderly would fit him much better than something orderly and consistent.

D

Deleted member

does them showing the avatar game this month make a NASB reveal this month less lijely? I haven't kept up with their previous release scedules

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
does them showing the avatar game this month make a NASB reveal this month less lijely? I haven't kept up with their previous release scedules
I believe this is GameMill's first non-crossover Nick title, so I don't think there's much precedent to go off of - I was sure they did a few others before, but turns out all the ones I thought they did were Outright Games.

D

Deleted member

Papagenos video stuff. Take with a grain of salt but none of this is crazy and is all easy to guess

He claims to have known about Jimmy and Vlad. Tbd he did hint at the game a few weeks ago. He says Hugh is back (though you have to assume everyone is), voice acting is back and will be even bigger, and a reveal is probably "at the end of this summer"

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't know why you'd expect them to cut Hugh of all characters. I've been a little bit anxious about cuts myself, but Hugh getting cut never crossed my mind. He's a pretty defining character choice for the game, it's like cutting Jigglypuff from Smash.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
GameMill just launched the trailer for their ATLA game. I'm starting to have second thoughts on the idea of NASB with cel-shading. (that was a joke i know its a different dev team)
Same devs as NKR in fact.
“quest for balance” I thought it was a video about the competitive scene

D

Deleted member

I think Gamemill likes money. I don't see why two games would be an issue. Especially because an Avatar RPG and a plat fighter don't really step on each others toes. If this was a NKR or something maybe I'd aggre

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think Gamemill likes money
If they did they would wait for next year to sell NASB2 so it can have a decent amount of content.

And they'd start advertising their games more because there's a reason why more kids are into FNAF clone #636859 instead

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I'm hoping they make some slight changes to the voices, besides giving characters newlines for their movesets i want ren & stimpy to get a voice adjustment because personally the duo almost sound off.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If they did they would wait for next year to sell NASB2 so it can have a decent amount of content.

And they'd start advertising their games more because there's a reason why more kids are into FNAF clone #636859 instead
1688053565831.png

uh

wario times 3

it's supposed to be a bad thing that we don't just want nick games to be your secret club remember?

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
But from the looks of it now, it looks like NASB2 will actually come out in 2024.
the only reason i'd not want nick all-star 2 to come out next year is that multiversus might butt in even if they aren't worrying over it.

While for 2023, the only worry is it getting pushed aside by other big top or attention grabbing games.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
View attachment 374074
uh

wario times 3

it's supposed to be a bad thing that we don't just want nick games to be your secret club remember?
I never said I had an issue with the game being successful in general? Just any potential hype culture or viral popularity like NASB 1 pre-launch. If you're talking about my opinion on playercounts, I just think it's impossible for any non-Smash platform fighter to sustain one so it's pitiful to try on anyone's end.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I never said I had an issue with the game being successful in general? Just any potential hype culture or viral popularity like NASB 1 pre-launch. If you're talking about my opinion on playercounts, I just think it's impossible for any non-Smash platform fighter to sustain one so it's pitiful to try on anyone's end.
Well some of us want to be able to play the game without relying on barebones SP content or 3AM matchmaking pings. You're gonna have to deal with hype culture/viral popularity for that to be possible.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Well some of us want to be able to play the game without relying on barebones SP content or 3AM matchmaking pings. You're gonna have to deal with hype culture/viral popularity for that to be possible.
Are you trying to convince me against active playercounts? I didn't state if I wanted an active playercount either way, just that I think it's impossible.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
the only reason i'd not want nick all-star 2 to come out next year is that multiversus might butt in even if they aren't worrying over it.

While for 2023, the only worry is it getting pushed aside by other big top or attention grabbing games.
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about Multiversus. I think the damage is already done.

If NASB2 can fix the original's "good gameplay lousy presentation" issues, then this is bound to be a solid game, and at the very least a finished package.
MVS has the opposite problem. it's all presentation on top of janky, floaty, convoluted gameplay. They have a lot of work to do.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Are you trying to convince me against active playercounts? I didn't state if I wanted an active playercount either way, just that I think it's impossible.
No, but this game's community isn't really peaceful big or small.

Go on. Post about how you think Hugh before Jimmy is fine. See what happens.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Do we really gotta bring this back up again? Jimmy's here now, there's no point.
It was just an example of how this game doesn't have a laid-back community even when it's small.

Top Bottom