• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, here is something I have been thinking; if a new Smash Bros. game were announced this year for the Switch 2, I can see it being announced, but not released within the next year or two, just like how Smash Bros. 4 for the Wii U and 3DS was.

What do you all think of this?

EDIT: 1000 pages, everyone!

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Completely unrelated to the page number or anything silly like that, but-

Gholdengo would be cool in Smash :yoshi:

I love Gholdengo. It's such a silly, good vibes Pokémon that's also a walking war crime with its signature move and ability.

Please Sakurai

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
"Mario Kart but half the cast is gone but hey, you can play as Ridley now"
Why would half the Mario characters have to go anywhere?

Again, Kart characters don't have movesets. There's nothing stopping them from just having, like 200 characters. Tour is proof of that.

Playable Ridley? Try playable Ridley, Kraid, Metroid, Chozo, Sidehopper, etc...

Enjoy your Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Dr. Stewart AND Pico.

Hell, you might even finally get your playable Takamarus and Mach Riders.

How about this? Burger Kingdom: An Nintendo Restaurant? :troll:
Waluigi's Greasy Diner

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Why would half the Mario characters have to go anywhere?

Again, Kart characters don't have movesets. There's nothing stopping them from just having, like 200 characters. Tour is proof of that.

Playable Ridley? Try playable Ridley, Kraid, Metroid, Chozo, Sidehopper, etc...

Enjoy your Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Dr. Stewart AND Pico.

Hell, you might even finally get your playable Takamarus and Mach Riders.

Waluigi's Greasy Diner
I mean, a lot of Tour’s character lineup as a lot of variant characters that share the same basic structure/animations as others IIRC, so that’s not the best comparison. Well, unless you wanna have Dr. Ridley; I don’t judge.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean, a lot of Tour’s character lineup as a lot of variant characters that share the same basic structure/animations as others IIRC, so that’s not the best comparison. Well, unless you wanna have Dr. Ridley; I don’t judge.
Now that you mention the word, "Dr.", why is Dr. Mario not a playable character in Mario Kart yet?

Noipoi

Howdy!
1000 pages, wow.

This thread was started right after Ultimate's Playable Character DLC concluded.

So what do you think is going to come first, us hitting 2000 pages, or the next Smash game getting announced?
Well it took 2 years to hit 1000 pages…and going by current trends we could see the next Smash game in about 2 years…

It’s gonna be a close race :239:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I mean, a lot of Tour’s character lineup as a lot of variant characters that share the same basic structure/animations as others IIRC
It is. But a lot also isn't. Tour added a bunch of "normal" Mario enemies that were new to the series.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
My hot take - Nintendo Kart should be "Mario Kart Tour 2". Free to play, with new courses and characters every other week. No need to fret over who and what gets added, because there's essentially no limit. It would also be an excellent way to promote upcoming games. Most importantly, the fairly distinct gameplay style of Tour wouldn't step on the toes of a proper Mario Kart 9 or whatever.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Well, here is something I have been thinking; if a new Smash Bros. game were announced this year for the Switch 2, I can see it being announced, but not released within the next year or two, just like how Smash Bros. 4 for the Wii U and 3DS was.

What do you all think of this?

EDIT: 1000 pages, everyone!
While content is still being added to Ultimate? Not sure how I feel about that.

1000 Pages, Smash Speculation truly never dies down.

Topic I thought up: who are some characters you want in smash just for the music they’d bring?
Jago (Killer Instinct)
Axel (Streets of Rage)

Last edited:

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure what Mario Kart stands to gain by crossing over with series that are frankly far less popular than it. It has even less to gain if it goes through a rebranding while doing so. Everyone knows Mario Kart. FWIW I really like the idea of guest drivers in the series and think it was done tastefully in Mario Kart 8 because they largely showed restraint with who they added and characters like Link got Mario-ized redesigns to be brought in-line with the rest of the game's art.

So yes, it would be nice to play as Kirby instead of Baby Rosalina, but the series should still remain Mario first and foremost. Without that focus we wouldn't see as many creative courses that expand the Mario universe in fun and interesting ways, like Dragon Driftway or the Electrodome.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So honest question about Bowser Jr. We've brought this up in the past, but I want to talk about it again.

We know that Jr. barely made it in Smash 4. He was a lower priority character and was stated to be lucky to be included, much like Lucario in Brawl. MY question is, did Jr. get in purely to show off 8 Player Smash?

With the ability to have eight different alt characters in the Koopalings, he'd be a prime candidate to show off Smash Wii U's main feature. Does Jr. have eight player smash to thank for his inclusion? Would he have been included otherwise?

Ivander

Smash Legend
1000 Pages, Smash Speculation truly never dies down.

Topic I thought up: who are some characters you want in smash just for the music they’d bring?
The Guardian or Matoi (Phantasy Star Online 2)
Saber (Fate series)
Adol Christin (Ys)
As kinda mentioned, any FF character not from FF7. Terra and Bartz for FF6 and FF5 music would be great.
Reimu Hakurai (Touhou)

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
So honest question about Bowser Jr. We've brought this up in the past, but I want to talk about it again.

We know that Jr. barely made it in Smash 4. He was a lower priority character and was stated to be lucky to be included, much like Lucario in Brawl. MY question is, did Jr. get in purely to show off 8 Player Smash?

With the ability to have eight different alt characters in the Koopalings, he'd be a prime candidate to show off Smash Wii U's main feature. Does Jr. have eight player smash to thank for his inclusion? Would he have been included otherwise?
I think Jr. himself would have been in regardless.

It's having the Koopalings with him as alts that I question would have happened without the 8-Player Smash.

Just like how we had Palutena have a whole three different moves per Special to advertise the Custom Moves for non-Mii fighters, but she still likely would have been added regardless.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I have some COPIUM!
You know dragonball budokai tenkaichi 3?
Recently that series got a fully new Sequel announced were all animations and graphics are completly diffrent!
And it has 164 Characters 3 more than the third game!
So im guessing smash might be able to reach 150!

Last edited:

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
No real Smash news almost 3 years but still hitting 1000 pages. Guess Speculation never stops. Glad to have made it here

Speaking about huge numbers

Sparking Zero's roster count has been released. With all the arguments of cuts and no cuts, imagine an official Smash game with this roster size.

It would be literally impossible but still, crazy dreams.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I have some COPIUM!
You know dragonball budokai tenkaichi 3?
Recently that series got a fully new Sequel announced were all animations and graphics are completly diffrent!
And it has 164 Characters 3 more than the third game!
So im guessing smash might be able to reach 150!
Of course it is possible
Just expect Tanuki Mario, Dr. Luigi, Every Peach costume from PPS, Toon Zelda, Young Zelda, all the Koopalings and Heroes split into individual spots, and many more Marthlikes.

Top Bottom