• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Make it's Down Special summoning Jack Frost, Harry, or the Kemco Baseball player
And his Side Special could be, where he changes his perspective and goes into Background, sidestepping other Attacks like Projectiles or Melee Attacks for while.

I have an Idea for Grab and Pummel:
Grab: He could grab with his Wired Controller as Tether Grab.
Pummel: He latches on Opponent's face and flashes into Opponent's eyes, giving him normal damage.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
In the light of weird choices, one of my proposals is having Demitri from Darkstalkers as an assist trophy. This only goes if the age rating is higher than Smash 4 and Ultimate.

In the light of weird choices, one of my proposals is having Demitri from Darkstalkers as an assist trophy. This only goes if the age rating is higher than Smash 4 and Ultimate.
My Concepts for Assist Trophies are:
(I'm gonna do 1st Party Ones)
1. Marin (Zelda)
2. Zebesian
3. Andrew Oikonny
4. Tharja
5. Nia (Xenoblade)
6. DJ Ocatvio
7. Urban Champion
8. Donbe and Hikari

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Bowyer from SMRPG needs to be assist trophy he can do something no other gaming character can do!

HE CAN BLOCK BUTTONS FROM INPUTS!

basically meaning he wont allow the use of special attacks or a attacks or other things

like just imagine being launched far from the stage and when you try using side or up special to recover back to the stage you wouldnt be able to put the special attacks inputs due to Bowyer blocking the special moves button in your controller and you will end up falling helplessly

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Bowyer from SMRPG needs to be assist trophy he can do something no other gaming character can do!

HE CAN BLOCK BUTTONS FROM INPUTS!

basically meaning he wont allow the use of special attacks or a attacks or other things

like just imagine being launched far from the stage and when you try using side or up special to recover back to the stage you wouldnt be able to put the special attacks inputs due to Bowyer blocking the special moves button in your controller and you will end up falling helplessly
Interesting! but what's the counterplay?

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Geno himself really should of just been the SMRPG assist trophy lmao

It's just still weird to me that other Brawl era "never evers" like Isaac and Krystal got the AT treatment and yet the most Geno can get is a Mii outfit. Wonder if there's a hang up with Square Enix (Final Fantasy is the only franchise introduced as DLC in Smash 4 that still doesn't have an AT in Ultimate).

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

It's just still weird to me that other Brawl "never evers" like Isaac and Krystal got the AT treatment and yet the most Geno can get is a Mii outfit. Wonder if there's a hang up with Square-Enix (Final Fantasy is the only franchise introduced as DLC in Smash 4 that still doesn't have an AT in Ultimate).
Square Enix allowing individuals to have rights to certain parts of their IPs is one of their best and worst qualities, it seems...

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
My Concepts for Assist Trophies are:
Eggplant Wizard [Kid Icarus]
Chocobo [Final Fantasy]
Slimes/King Slime[Dragon Quest]
Majima [Yakuza]
Rygar [Rygar]
Abobo [Double Dragon]
Vic Viper [Gradius]
Mike Jones [Star Tropics]
Sophia 3rd [Blaster Master]
Bernard [Maniac Mansion]

Square Enix allowing individuals to have rights to certain parts of their IPs is one of their best and worst qualities, it seems...
Yeah, on the one hand, it's pretty cool. On the other, it causes them a lot of headaches.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Interesting! but what's the counterplay?
Try to not get launched off stage

It's just still weird to me that other Brawl era "never evers" like Isaac and Krystal got the AT treatment and yet the most Geno can get is a Mii outfit. Wonder if there's a hang up with Square Enix (Final Fantasy is the only franchise introduced as DLC in Smash 4 that still doesn't have an AT in Ultimate).
That will disappoint a lot of people however the deluxe mii costume of Geno head would be a better option due to many actually were hoping to see it so we can finally hide the ugly mii face and actually feel like playing as Geno.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
That will disappoint a lot of people however the deluxe mii costume of Geno head would be a better option due to many actually were hoping to see it so we can finally hide the ugly mii face and actually feel like playing as Geno.
They could have Geno be an assist trophy and a costume at the same time, you know. See: Bomberman, Isaac, etc

It at least would of have given Geno fans closure right at the start, instead of making them wait two whole years only to get basically the same exact costume from Smash 4. And they would of gotten a nice moving 3D model of him to boot.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
On the topic of Assist Trophies, here's some for series that don't have one (excluding Pokémon) as well as other series:
  • Toadies (Yoshi)
  • Polar Bear (Ice Climber)
  • Manhole (Game & Watch)
  • Wii Balance Board
  • Bald Bull (Punch-Out!!)
  • Tifa (FINAL FANTASY VII)
  • Futaba (Persona 5)
  • Slimes (Dragon Quest)
  • Mumbo Jumbo (Banjo-Kazooie)
  • Nakoruru (Samurai Shodown)
  • Creeper (Minecraft)
  • Heihachi (Tekken)
  • Riku (Kingdom Hearts)
  • Magician Type-0 (The House of the Dead)
  • Red Arremer (Ghosts 'n Goblins)
  • Solaire (Dark Souls)
  • Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends with You)
  • Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei)

If Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario wants Manic Miner, then (even if i'm peruvian) i will choose Fantomas to represent the golden age of spanish video games.
View attachment 341078
Wow, sounds nice.
I coukd really want to add guy from Crystals of Time, which it was first Polish game ever made in 90's.
It's very unlikely to add it because of being very Unpopular, Unknown and Obscure on whole globe, but It would be cool if we had Polish representation in Smash.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
here is a question so between Excitebiker and Mach Rider if one of them becomes playable would it defeat the entire purpose of having the other one playable as well forever?
If it where up to me, I'd make them Echo Fighters of each other. Make a move set that compromises abilities of both series, focussing mainly on the motorcycle.

Also, Merry Christmas / happy holidays

Last edited:
Top Bottom