• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Can confirm: I was a witness.

That, and... certain other experiences I'd rather not remind people of due to how long ago they were by now. Don't wanna reopen old wounds, y'know?
Yeah, I understand what you mean. Still, it is amazing how defensive people would be as to not listen to good advice, only to be let down heavily when something goes their way; when this is just a video game and nothing to be so upset about compared to other things. Even too much overconfidence blinding anyone, it would never kill anyone to temper their own expectations.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I know for a fact that i gotta temper my expectations come the next smash, because with Ultimate this is the closest i'll ever get to having a dream roster, most of the DLC even i didn't personally want them in smash or anything, came from franchises i liked or at least am aware about and that's not even getting into the returning characters, having so many faces i know about and liked all gathered together in one spot made Ultimate a game i spent a lot of time on.

Thinking about the next smash though, it's pretty hard to imagine who would be next in terms of newcomers.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I've always gotten a kick out of Smash Remix.

But them now creating a great looking moveset for Marina Litetyears is just icing on the cake.
I’ve always thought Marina would be perfect for Smash. This proved me right with a most wanted I completely forgot about just off of how impossible it was even for a Fan Game. I’m happy I’m content.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I Thought about it we will probably get a Reboot although i highly doubt it will be 2d (I Mean why reboot it than ya know)
I still dont think moving Smash to the Third Dimension makes sense after all Kirbys Moveset got cut down in the transition to 3d! But Yeah i do think saying 30 Characters is a bit doom and gloom after all Smash is not a real Fighting game nor should it be so i think 60ish Characters is what they should strive for! Why? Because Otherwise the cuts would get to severe i came up with a fair (relativly) Smash Concept here it is:
1675492310300.png

So let me Explain: MArio and Pokemon get 6 Characters Cause they are the Biggest Franchises in Smash! If You Want To Replace Toad with anyone else Whats wrong with you? Nah Its Fine Maybe it should be someone new tho! I decided to keep the most important Characters for Mario and Pokemon (Jigglypuff mostly because of 64 and heck i think we should have a Girly mon anyways)
Than we have the big but not as big Franchises (YES Kirby is BIG) with 4 Characters each Kirby is the only one with someone new and that is BWD CUS Duh!
I Dont Know which FE Guys are the most popular so i just picked some i think that are! Zelda Cut Sheik and kept Toon Link Beacuse the Reverse would be Insanly Dumb The Links Have Diffrent Movesets tho with Toon Staying more Classic!
Now For The Hurts: Diddy Kong i know i know but i decided only 2 Characters for medium Franchises and i think everyone would prefer the Kremling King, Also i think no one would miss Zero Suit but yikes No Dark Samus but atleast Ridley is still There! You Can Replace Wolf with Falco i just kept wolf cus Villain! You can replace Isabelle with Tom Nook, Pyra is alone, Octoling Boy and Girl are New Comers And Yikes all one off Retros are Gone!
I Kept The Most Major Third Parties tho (And Yes Hero Is More important Than Cloud Fight me) And "Miis" Are changed to be both miis and custom characters in general so you can have them have the right proportions more Moves and all of that!
Now its your Turn correct me? Do You Agree with that Roster? I will do some DLC!

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
i do think it make more sense that the 8 most iconic game characters presented for the starting roster instead of the original 8 considering they have the largest audience and communities

THIS
the roster is damn confusing
numbers are cool but only for website like it takes me too long to find wario in smash ultimate roster
FE4 is probably next in line yeah. It's been mentioned ever since the first Engage rumors, that turned out to be true. I've also read Engage was in the ready for 2 years or so. And they might've postponed it to make best use out of the newfound western popularity of FE Heroes, and Sigurd and Leaf as characters.

Speaking of Fire Emblem, with Engage being out now how do people feel about the Divine One Alear ?
best avatar in the series easily, gigantic upgrade from byleth.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
I Thought about it we will probably get a Reboot although i highly doubt it will be 2d (I Mean why reboot it than ya know)
I still dont think moving Smash to the Third Dimension makes sense after all Kirbys Moveset got cut down in the transition to 3d! But Yeah i do think saying 30 Characters is a bit doom and gloom after all Smash is not a real Fighting game nor should it be so i think 60ish Characters is what they should strive for! Why? Because Otherwise the cuts would get to severe i came up with a fair (relativly) Smash Concept here it is:
View attachment 367598
So let me Explain: MArio and Pokemon get 6 Characters Cause they are the Biggest Franchises in Smash! If You Want To Replace Toad with anyone else Whats wrong with you? Nah Its Fine Maybe it should be someone new tho! I decided to keep the most important Characters for Mario and Pokemon (Jigglypuff mostly because of 64 and heck i think we should have a Girly mon anyways)
Than we have the big but not as big Franchises (YES Kirby is BIG) with 4 Characters each Kirby is the only one with someone new and that is BWD CUS Duh!
I Dont Know which FE Guys are the most popular so i just picked some i think that are! Zelda Cut Sheik and kept Toon Link Beacuse the Reverse would be Insanly Dumb The Links Have Diffrent Movesets tho with Toon Staying more Classic!
Now For The Hurts: Diddy Kong i know i know but i decided only 2 Characters for medium Franchises and i think everyone would prefer the Kremling King, Also i think no one would miss Zero Suit but yikes No Dark Samus but atleast Ridley is still There! You Can Replace Wolf with Falco i just kept wolf cus Villain! You can replace Isabelle with Tom Nook, Pyra is alone, Octoling Boy and Girl are New Comers And Yikes all one off Retros are Gone!
I Kept The Most Major Third Parties tho (And Yes Hero Is More important Than Cloud Fight me) And "Miis" Are changed to be both miis and custom characters in general so you can have them have the right proportions more Moves and all of that!
Now its your Turn correct me? Do You Agree with that Roster? I will do some DLC!
What do I think of your roster? I think you only added three newcomers. All of whom are first party. Reboot, deluxe, 2d or 3d, we're getting more than three newcomers. But honestly especially if the game changes so drastically with the addition of a z-axis, because you'll need to incentivize skeptics, and newcomers draw people in.

And the final character count is kinda arbitrary so I don't understand why Diddy and Cloud were cut. Like, "2 characters for medium franchises" and then Kirby and FE walking around with 4. I'm fine they have that but DK is bigger than they are and Diddy is a pretty well-known character. I see you say everyone would prefer the Kremlin King, but he only got super popular once they already added Diddy, one of the most requested characters for Melee and Brawl.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
So Considering the Next Smash could come Out During 2024
Lets All Try To Agree Which Characters Should be Prioritized for the most Happy People while also keeping in mind Which Franchises have gotten A LOT!
Mario, Pokemon, FE: Nothing? Cuts And Replacements if so who? And Even More Unbalanced Roster?
Zelda: Impa? Skullkid?
Kirby: Bandana Waddle Dee
Splatoon: Octoling
Earthbound: A New Rep?
A Indie Rep?

I Do Atleast hope that BWD Finnaly has no big Pushback Anymore! He Had Huge Pushback in rthe Past!
Hmm
I don’t see any Mario characters getting cuts
Fire emblem imo needs cuts, as a huge fire emblem fan the roster is meh, Roy, chrom, robin would all be pretty easy cuts, leaving Lucinda as the awakening rep, byleth will probably stay, same with Ike, marth is obvious, for new comers I hope Sigurd (on his horse) and maybe veyle, diamanté or timerra, just to add variety and still using major characters that aren’t alear.
Pokémon: Rip pichu, Lucario and greninja are the only two I can see being cut besides pichu.
Zelda: tbh idk, proabably a botw era character cause Nintendo likes money, maybe no one

this is way to wordy so I’m just gonna leave it there.

View attachment 367598
All your Pokémon are gen 1. Roy and byleth would 100% be gone if a reboot. Like not a single chance if it comes down to old legacy character or shoe in advert for new game character they will always choose the money option. Thus pyra will probabaly be replaced with Noah, Mio or N if they decide to be spicy.

also king k rook over diddy is an L take and I don’t have to explain why, it’s like choosing tatanga as a Mario character over Luigi.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
What do I think of your roster? I think you only added three newcomers. All of whom are first party. Reboot, deluxe, 2d or 3d, we're getting more than three newcomers. But honestly especially if the game changes so drastically with the addition of a z-axis, because you'll need to incentivize skeptics, and newcomers draw people in.

And the final character count is kinda arbitrary so I don't understand why Diddy and Cloud were cut. Like, "2 characters for medium franchises" and then Kirby and FE walking around with 4. I'm fine they have that but DK is bigger than they are and Diddy is a pretty well-known character. I see you say everyone would prefer the Kremlin King, but he only got super popular once they already added Diddy, one of the most requested characters for Melee and Brawl.
Which Newcomers Do You have in mind Then? I might Cut Out Mii/Custom from the Base Roster than i get 6 More Slots of which about 3 could be additional Newcomers + well i do plan on having DLC!
Kirby is Pretty Big tho and FE Mostly has 4 Thanks to it having 8 in smash Ultimate so i couldnt justify too many cuts!
I Could Add Falco, Dark Samus/ Metroid and Diddy Kong Does That Make The Situation more Fair?

Hmm
I don’t see any Mario characters getting cuts
Fire emblem imo needs cuts, as a huge fire emblem fan the roster is meh, Roy, chrom, robin would all be pretty easy cuts, leaving Lucinda as the awakening rep, byleth will probably stay, same with Ike, marth is obvious, for new comers I hope Sigurd (on his horse) and maybe veyle, diamanté or timerra, just to add variety and still using major characters that aren’t alear.
Pokémon: Rip pichu, Lucario and greninja are the only two I can see being cut besides pichu.
Zelda: tbh idk, proabably a botw era character cause Nintendo likes money, maybe no one

this is way to wordy so I’m just gonna leave it there.
I Mean You sorta have to cut Characters if youre going to cut down the roster by that Much I mean Mario Got 2 Cuts Zelda Got Two Cuts Seems Fair To Me!
But I Could Move the Newcomer Somewhere Else and add Rosa Back In That would leave only Dr. Mario, Daisy and P Plant All of which arent the Most Popular!
Okay Ill Switch out Roy with Lucina althopugh cool how i gort 3 right! I Might add a new FE Character in the DLC!
Okay i seemingly got that right too Outside of Incineroar!

osby

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 367598
The newcomers-to-cuts ratio is so skewed the roster is pretty much just a worse Ultimate cast.

A lot of unique and popular characters like Rosalina or Ice Climbers are gone and the remaining fighter choices are extremely boring and uninspired bar a few (Fire Emblem and Pokemon in particular has an unnecessary and weird nostalgia bias) and the removal of transforming characters entirely is handled awkwardly. I don't see what this roster accomplishes, it's just less of what we already have.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Which Newcomers Do You have in mind Then? I might Cut Out Mii/Custom from the Base Roster than i get 6 More Slots of which about 3 could be additional Newcomers + well i do plan on having DLC!
Well you absolutely need some new third-parties. There are lots of options from which to choose. Pick a popular third-party, pick a third-party with a close Nintendo association and then pick a surprising third-party and I think you'd have a good range.

Then for first-parties, again, add a mix of popular, promotional and left-field picks and you'll have a sample that sufficient reflects what typically makes up newcomer pools.

Also I know you plan to have DLC, but you still need base to have a bit more meat to it regarding newcomers. You don't want to pull a MvC:I. If anything, you could swap out some of the vets for newcomers, and then have the vets be DLC, if quantity is a problem.

Kirby is Pretty Big tho and FE Mostly has 4 Thanks to it having 8 in smash Ultimate so i couldnt justify too many cuts!
Right, I'm just saying DK is bigger, so your scale is off. Not saying you have to cut those.

I Could Add Falco, Dark Samus/ Metroid and Diddy Kong Does That Make The Situation more Fair?
You do know that DK is a lot bigger than Star Fox and Metroid right? Again, it's bigger than Kirby and FE. If anything, you should make it fair with the latter two, not the former two. Keeping quantity roughly in line with size makes sense, but holding series to a strict "do not exceed x" quota is a losing game anyway, there should always be wiggle room.

Plus Diddy is much bigger as a character than those two, and he's unique. And DK is bigger. So it's not really the same thing. But hey, it's your roster.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I HEARD YOUR CRITICISMS!
HERE IT IS:
1675498273461.png

So In Order: Im Still Not Sure On Rosalina being switched in for Toad But shes on the Possible DLC List so dont Worry!
Than we Have Pokemon with some Classics from Multiple Generations Brought back in Legends Arceus a new Game! Just Pick Your Favourite Evos for Each one! I Probably go With Fire: 1 Water: 3 And Grass:2 Or Pick their Hisuian Forms for a really new Rep!
Bandana De MIGHT Get Moved to Dlc Depending On Feed Back! Fire Emblem Has Now Awekening Rep and Byleth is now Whoever is new at the Time of Smash 6 (Obviosuly we dont know that yet) also i might also remove Ike depending on Feed Back!
Diddy Kong is Back I Admit My Giant Lapse in Judgement! I am still at a toss up if it should be Metroid, Dark Samus or Raven Beak So You just tell me! Falco is back for Fairness Sake! Shulk is now acompanied by a new and popular Charcter from the most recent Xenoblade! Mii/ Custom is gone might return in smaller for the DLC And we have Third Party Newcomers (I Originally added Isaac but his series is pretty dead) and Crash, The Human (Cause Undertale generates Hype) and some Promotional Pick (Do you have an Idea?) are here! (I Might also swap out Human for Sans) Also Cloud MIGHT Replace Hero in the Base Roster but Hero Would become a DLC And Vice Versa!

Also If you want your Feedback to be heard base it of this New Version Obviously!
EDit: Also If you want you can give me Alear and some XC 3 Icons!

Last edited:

Aligo

Smash Ace
May I ask why min min was included? Also are characters like Lucina and dark Samus still clones?

Last edited:

Lionfranky

Smash Lord
So which western characters do you guys expect from next entry?

• Master Chief
  • Lara Croft
  • Ezio Auditore
  • Crash
  • Rayman
  • Shantae
  • Shovel Knight
  • Cuphead
  • Dovahkin
  • Doom Slayer
  • Tracer
  • Diablo
  • Ahri/Jinx
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Commander Sheperd
  • Zagreus
  • May&Cody from It Takes Two (Just picking up sleeper/wtf pick)

I'm not saying they will all be playable. I am also guessing possibility of getting some kind of contents at least.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
May I ask why min min was included? Also are characters like Lucina and dark Samus still clones?
No They arent!! I mostly included min min cause im sure we could see a new instalment in that Series! But Neat Seems Like that Roster is really agreed on...
Or Maybe just everyone overlooked it!

Laniv

Smash Champion

• Master Chief
  • Crash
  • Rayman
  • Shantae
  • Shovel Knight
  • Cuphead
  • Dovahkin
  • Doom Slayer
  • Tracer
  • Diablo
  • Ahri/Jinx
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Commander Sheperd
  • Zagreus

I'm not saying they will all be playable. I am also guessing possibility of getting some kind of contents at least.
Crash is probably the most likely character on this list, and then Rayman as a distant second

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace

• Master Chief
  • Crash
  • Rayman
  • Shantae
  • Shovel Knight
  • Cuphead
  • Dovahkin
  • Doom Slayer
  • Tracer
  • Diablo
  • Ahri/Jinx
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Commander Sheperd
  • Zagreus

Crash, Rayman, doom, and chief all probably have the strongest chances.

Edit: Possibly Sans as well and I think shovel knight could be slept on to an extent depending on what's in store for his future

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master

• Master Chief
  • Crash
  • Rayman
  • Shantae
  • Shovel Knight
  • Cuphead
  • Dovahkin
  • Doom Slayer
  • Tracer
  • Diablo
  • Ahri/Jinx
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Commander Sheperd
  • Zagreus

I think Crash, Rayman, Doomguy and Tetromino are most likely

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero

• Master Chief
  • Crash
  • Rayman
  • Shantae
  • Shovel Knight
  • Cuphead
  • Dovahkin
  • Doom Slayer
  • Tracer
  • Diablo
  • Ahri/Jinx
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Commander Sheperd
  • Zagreus

I’d love to see Diablo, Ahri, and Jinx specifically out of this list but most of these would be cool. What do you think of Vi as a potential LoL rep? Before Arcane, I don’t think she was one of the most popular characters (from what I’ve heard) but I feel like her being the main character of the show helps her chances a bit. Her fighting style also compliments a game like Smash really well.

Dukefire

Smash Master

• Master Chief
  • Lara Croft
  • Ezio Auditore
  • Crash
  • Rayman
  • Shantae
  • Shovel Knight
  • Cuphead
  • Dovahkin
  • Doom Slayer
  • Tracer
  • Diablo
  • Ahri/Jinx
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Commander Sheperd
  • Zagreus

Ahri/Jinx: a tough choice as LoL main game is for PC only. For the Ruined King and Arcane TV show, it still puts their chances in a rough spot to me.
May & Cody: another duo like Ice Climbers. Difference is utilizing household tools and their unique talents. Sakurai is looking for differences that make one unique, so I doubt their chances.
Tracer: TBH, Blizzard is currently in a deep bind with Overwatch 2, so her chances to fight the big leagues are slim.
Doom Slayer and Master Chief: Both FPS that defined the genre. However, both has their hype reduced after their latest game titles. Chances may increase once more should Smash Bros return, but one might be chosen as Bethesda has merged with Microsoft.
Shantae/Shovel Knight/Cuphead: since their appearance as Mii Costumes and an Assist Trophy, it does give them a chance to fighter status. However, that all depends if companies are to meet halfway for business.
Crash: the marsupial still have a shot after "It's about Time". Though it might be harder as he is associated with Blizzard due to Activition merging.
Lara Croft: I have not kept up with the Tomb Raider series, so IDK where she stands. Still, a chance nonetheless.
For the remaining ones I didn't call, no clue since I have not played nor have an interest into their series.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I genuinely don't see a scenario where Fire Emblem has fewer than five characters next time. Marth, Ike, Byleth, and at least one of the Awakening trio are absolutely safe, and it will very likely get a newcomer as well due to being a series with regular new releases.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Maybe a bold prediction, but I think the likeliest western character might be somebody from Undertale/Deltarune. Don't underestimate it's cultural notoriety, particularly in Japan.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
View attachment 367598
Why didn't you use Erdrick's Smash render?

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord

• Master Chief
  • Lara Croft
  • Ezio Auditore
  • Crash
  • Rayman
  • Shantae
  • Shovel Knight
  • Cuphead
  • Dovahkin
  • Doom Slayer
  • Tracer
  • Diablo
  • Ahri/Jinx
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Commander Sheperd
  • Zagreus

I wouldn't be surprised if Doom Slayer becomes playable in the next Smash.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

• Master Chief
  • Lara Croft
  • Ezio Auditore
  • Crash
  • Rayman
  • Shantae
  • Shovel Knight
  • Cuphead
  • Dovahkin
  • Doom Slayer
  • Tracer
  • Diablo
  • Ahri/Jinx
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Commander Sheperd
  • Zagreus

Given the fan demand for him, I’d say Crash is a relatively decent bet. We probs will get another Microsoft character at least, and they have plenty of solid options.

I also can see picks like Jinx or Jonesy happening given how big their series are. If Nintendo wants to expand into the rest of Asia in particular, Jinx or League representation as a whole makes too much sense.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Okay so like, i just wrote a long comment for a hypothetical fighter pack for my current "Never ever" dream pick, under the assumption that the next smash would have DLC similar to Ultimates, i doubt anyone would be interested in actually readhing this long post but just in case i'll put it in this spoiler tag so i dont clog up the thread with my ramblings

Character: Cybuster

A machine piloted by a young man named Masaki Andoh, known as the lord of winds Masaki and Cybuster wander from one place to the next fighting villains of all kinds, from the military forces from Real robot shows, to supervillains from super robot shows as well as original villains made for the series.

Masaki is kinda like Sora in terms of personality, but with Zoro from One piece's sense of direction, which is how he ends up in different worlds to begin with.

Stage: Dreisstrager

I had a hard time coming up with a stage idea here, SRW is kinda like Fire emblem in that there aren't many iconic set pieces since most battles happen in fields, mountains, oceans and other kinds of locations but it's mostly generic battlefields.
So i put a bit of thought into it and decided to use the Dreisstrager
An absolutely massive battleship that is not only a playable unit in the game but also the home base for the entire team in this game, a mobile fortress that guys like Masaki, Sanger and Sakura Shinguji chose to call home during the events of this story.

I imagine it basically being an 8 player smash ready version of the Corneria stage.

Song list:
Neppu! Shippu! Cybuster! (Vocal version)
Everywhere you go
The sword that cleaves evil
Matte black bullet
Furimukanai to kimetahi
Upright Accellerator
Huckbein is here (Vocal track)
Transcending time (Vocal track)
Time to come (Vocal track)
Hagane no Warriors (One of the various finalboss themes from the series)

Mii Costumes:
Super Smash Bros X Megaman: Protoman (Gunner) and Bass (Gunner)
Super Smash Bros X Super Robot Wars: Sanger (Sword fighter) and Fighter roar (Brawler)
And as a left field mii costume,
Super Smash Bros X Cyber Troopers Virtual On: Temjin (Sword fighter)

Virtual on is a 3D fighting game developed by Sega in the 90's, one of their fighting games alongside Fighting vipers and Virtua Fighter, where the gimmick is that instead of martial artists the fighters are these machines called "Virtua-roids"
You might be wondering why i pulled such a random retro game for a mii, well within the context of SRW Virtual On was the very first Videogame franchise to ever appear in the franchise's massive crossover. Years before Xenosaga, Megaman, Demonsblade and Sakura Wars would be made playable and even before the Project X Zone games would be a thing.

I figured this would be a cute little reference.

I mentioned that i wanted this thing in Smash but i dont think i actually went into detail about it other thani'd like to see the series it's from in.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
The thing about cuts that seems to be eluding people is they're either going to be basically non-existent, limited to third-parties they couldn't re-license (if they just build off Ultimate), or they're going to be very extensive (if they start from the bottom again) because there aren't the resources/time to bring back 60, 70, 80, 90 characters plus newcomers. The only reason they hit this number was because they just kept going with 4.

So cutting like, five, ten, fifteen characters? It doesn't make sense. It's either going to be nobody, specific third-party companies, or like... half the current roster.

So if there are cuts, they're gonna go deep enough that we will lose some of those "x isn't going to be cut" characters. Not the ultra-safe ones of course, not the tentpoles or the main representatives of big series, but... unique supporting cast? Yeah, that's possible.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It isnt in SSB Roster Maker! Only the one i used is!
Just to clarify, it has the tools to make your own. I made 60+ characters this way~

However, it is a bit confusing to figure out, even if you do know where to save said image.

But yeah, it's not like there's an easy program to do so. You gotta do everything manually(at least by 6.0.1 or whatever I have).

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The thing about cuts that seems to be eluding people is they're either going to be basically non-existent, limited to third-parties they couldn't re-license (if they just build off Ultimate), or they're going to be very extensive (if they start from the bottom again) because there aren't the resources/time to bring back 60, 70, 80, 90 characters plus newcomers. The only reason they hit this number was because they just kept going with 4.

So cutting like, five, ten, fifteen characters? It doesn't make sense. It's either going to be nobody, specific third-party companies, or like... half the current roster.

So if there are cuts, they're gonna go deep enough that we will lose some of those "x isn't going to be cut" characters. Not the ultra-safe ones of course, not the tentpoles or the main representatives of big series, but... unique supporting cast? Yeah, that's possible.
Honestly i think they'll probably just do what they did with 4, which was just trimming the fat from Brawls roster and then adding some new faces.

Cut the more redundant characters out, or as you said the ones they couldn't license again.

Who knows maybe they'll even cut some of the Marth's.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Honestly i think they'll probably just do what they did with 4, which was just trimming the fat from Brawls roster and then adding some new faces.

Cut the more redundant characters out, or as you said the ones they couldn't license again.

Who knows maybe they'll even cut some of the Marth's.
True that would be the best Case Scenario! If They Cut my Smol Boi im gonna be sad (Toon Link/ a younger / smaller link)

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Truth be told the only semi-strong reason I'd be against a character roster reset is that there are a few favorites (BWD, Dixie, Crash, Terra) that I would love to have with the current crop of fighters. Beyond that though, it is hard to escape a sense that seeing new takes on Mario, Donkey Kong, or Samus would be incredibly refreshing and take the series into interesting territory.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
While we're on the subject, I made a roster for what I think the next game's roster might look like. It's so far out it's impossible to say for certain how it'll look, but this is an option I think plausible.
Smash6.png

the reason i mostly used smash 4 renders? i felt nostalgic for them, nothing more or less.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I HEARD YOUR CRITICISMS!
HERE IT IS:
View attachment 367599

So In Order: Im Still Not Sure On Rosalina being switched in for Toad But shes on the Possible DLC List so dont Worry!
Than we Have Pokemon with some Classics from Multiple Generations Brought back in Legends Arceus a new Game! Just Pick Your Favourite Evos for Each one! I Probably go With Fire: 1 Water: 3 And Grass:2 Or Pick their Hisuian Forms for a really new Rep!
Bandana De MIGHT Get Moved to Dlc Depending On Feed Back! Fire Emblem Has Now Awekening Rep and Byleth is now Whoever is new at the Time of Smash 6 (Obviosuly we dont know that yet) also i might also remove Ike depending on Feed Back!
Diddy Kong is Back I Admit My Giant Lapse in Judgement! I am still at a toss up if it should be Metroid, Dark Samus or Raven Beak So You just tell me! Falco is back for Fairness Sake! Shulk is now acompanied by a new and popular Charcter from the most recent Xenoblade! Mii/ Custom is gone might return in smaller for the DLC And we have Third Party Newcomers (I Originally added Isaac but his series is pretty dead) and Crash, The Human (Cause Undertale generates Hype) and some Promotional Pick (Do you have an Idea?) are here! (I Might also swap out Human for Sans) Also Cloud MIGHT Replace Hero in the Base Roster but Hero Would become a DLC And Vice Versa!

Also If you want your Feedback to be heard base it of this New Version Obviously!
EDit: Also If you want you can give me Alear and some XC 3 Icons!
Yeah I don't really agree with this roster to be honest:
-I really don't see the point of cuting Rosalina, especially if it's just to replace her with Toad. I mean, sure Toad is objectively more iconic because of his long runing appearances, but come on, you can't argue that Rosalina is much more popular than Toad has ever been.
-The Pokémon choice make literally no sense. Why cut Greninja, which is one of the most popular Pokémon ever in every generation? What's the point of Rowlet if you just cut Incineroar who represent the same generation? Why even add Cyndaquil at all? Even if you want a Pokémon newcomer you could make a much better case with a gen 9 Pokémon like meowscarada. Also why cut Lucario at all? Nothing make sense in the Pokémon franchise here.
-There's no reason to cut Byleth
-And again there's just not enough newcomers that explain the amount of cut. You cut whole franchise like Wii fit, Mii, Duck hunt and many third party, all that to add Toad, 3 Pokémon, Bandana dee, Octoling and 2 third party. Even Ultimate which had a low amount of newcomer because of the everyone is here and bringing back old character had more newcomers than your roster.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
While we're on the subject, I made a roster for what I think the next game's roster might look like. It's so far out it's impossible to say for certain how it'll look, but this is an option I think plausible.
View attachment 367617
the reason i mostly used smash 4 renders? i felt nostalgic for them, nothing more or less.
The most unrealistic part of this roster is them giving Chibi robo any sort of attention.

Top Bottom