• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Laniv

Smash Champion
I really want to see an insect Smash Bros. character but I don’t think any of them are really popular or important enough to have much of a chance. Insect characters tend to have some of my favorite designs and I just think it would be really cool, that’s all.

Heres a few of my favorites by series:

Pokemon: Golisopod
Digimon: Tyrant Kabuterimon
League of Legends: Kha’Zix
Megaman: Kuwagust Anchus
Kirby: Buggzy

Sarah Kerrigan and the Zerg in general from StarCraft have a lot of insect traits and I’d say she’s the most likely character with any kind of insect theme for Smash. I’d love any of these but Kerrigan seems the most realistic.
If we didn't get Incineroar, Buzzwole or Pheromosa would've been great choices

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I really want to see an insect Smash Bros. character but I don’t think any of them are really popular or important enough to have much of a chance. Insect characters tend to have some of my favorite designs and I just think it would be really cool, that’s all.

Sarah Kerrigan and the Zerg in general from StarCraft have a lot of insect traits and I’d say she’s the most likely character with any kind of insect theme for Smash. I’d love any of these but Kerrigan seems the most realistic.
Bug Fables?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Bug fighters? let's see

Vikavolt, Taranza, if we're suggesting digimon then Tentomon is a good shout

Gorgonzales

Smash Lord

Wiggler from Mario and Boggy B. from Worms would be my two top bug fighters (although them being bugs is just a neat bonus, I like their combat potential due to their designs and abilities).

Golisopod is awesome. If I had to choose a bug fighter from Pokemon it'd be him.

Bulborb from Pikmin and DeMille from Tomato Adventure aren't explicitly bugs but they're kinda bug-like. I guess.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Wiggler from Mario and Boggy B. from Worms would be my two top bug fighters (although them being bugs is just a neat bonus, I like their combat potential due to their designs and abilities).

Golisopod is awesome. If I had to choose a bug fighter from Pokemon it'd be him.

Bulborb from Pikmin and DeMille from Tomato Adventure aren't explicitly bugs but they're kinda bug-like. I guess.
isnt demille meant to be a rabbit?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Scizor is the one Gen 2 Pokémon I wish was in Melee, which is lucky because it just so happens to be a Bug-Type Pokémon.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Definitely either Iori or Nakoruru for me.
The SV-001 Metal Slug.

With Marco/Tarma/Eri/Fio as drivers, Bowser Jr.-style.

1727722364193.png

I'm already looking forward to that new Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves game especially since that it will have Ken and Chun-Li crossing over as guests.
I'm looking forward to it less now. Because now it'll have 2 fewer Fatal Fury characters.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master

I think Spidops would be my top pick for a Gen 9 'Mon.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Bug Pokemon in general would be really fun, along with Golisopod there's also Scizor, Genesect, Lotix, Slither Wing, and a few others that would be great to play as. Digimon's also in a similar boat as you have examples like the Kabuterimons and (Bancho)Stingmon, though my preference would be base Kabuterimon out of those.

Kragg from Rivals of Aether could also be fun with his earth mechanic, I'm curious how it'll be developed in 2.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Spidops would definitely be interesting from a gameplay perspective. Based on design, my personal favorite Gen 9 Bug type is Lokix. I’d say it’s in my top 3 overall favorites from the Gen along with Ceruledge and Great Tusk.
I don’t think you can go wrong with gen 9 Pokemon

Gorgonzales

Smash Lord
isnt demille meant to be a rabbit?
Only thing I can find saying that comes from a fandom wiki. Otherwise he's referred to as just a boy. It's fine by me, I like it when a character's species is kept ambiguous. Makes em more unique.

It was a game that mimicked classic Paper Mario RPG style before Nintendo remade TTYD, which now washes it to obscurity.

It’s still on the Switch tho. :sakbanjo:
Saying that is like saying Mario Odyssey invalidates the existence of A Hat in Time.

The remake of TTYD doesn't make Bug Fables obsolete. Bug Fables is a good game with a well-written story and loveable characters that can stand on its own feet.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Saying that is like saying Mario Odyssey invalidates the existence of A Hat in Time.
I didn’t say it was invalidated. I said washed into obscurity after the cult classic game it is inspired from was remade.

The remake of TTYD doesn't make Bug Fables obsolete.
I mean… It starts with an O, so I’ll give you a point, but still not what I said.

Bug Fables is a good game with a well-written story and loveable characters that can stand on its own feet.
I’m sure it is. I’m twice as sure that it’s definitely in TTYD’s shadow now. I’m not saying don’t buy it lol support the indie devs.

I’ll support a sequel. Let them give Nintendo a reason to remake SPM too. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Borskaboska

Smash Apprentice
with how consistently new pokemon get added to smash bros, do you think people at game freak have that in mind when designing the creatures for new gens? Like they design the starters with them potentially being smash characters in mind.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
with how consistently new pokemon get added to smash bros, do you think people at game freak have that in mind when designing the creatures for new gens? Like they design the starters with them potentially being smash characters in mind.
not really

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You’ll end up designing a super cool Pokemon with a unique type, attack choice, and/or lore, just for Sakurai to pick a simpler one because he just liked it more.

I feel like that’s how we got Incineroar. IIRC I think more speculators were expecting Decidueye for all those reasons. :079:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
You’ll end up designing a super cool Pokemon with a unique type, attack choice, and/or lore, just for Sakurai to pick a simpler one because he just liked it more.

I feel like that’s how we got Incineroar. IIRC I think more speculators were expecting Decidueye for all those reasons. :079:
I mean to be fair, Decidueye was on the table. Sakurai just felt like he wanted to make a wrestler character more, so Incineroar stepped up.

Top Bottom