• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
For me, the problem was that Superstars had two big gimmicks - Multiplayer and the Chaos Powers - And they just didn't really work well together. No multiplayer and the screen's unconfortably zoomed in, go multiplayer and it's just one player everyone else around with the fireball. Also, the bosses weren't nearly as memorable as Mania, and a lot of the songs were just... Weirdly bland for a Sonic game. Jun Senoe's usually a great composer, but he just doesn't work well with Genesis-soundfont synths
I haven't played Superstars, but I remember from the tracks they posted on Youtube pre-release they were like really inconsistent with each other? Like it didn't really feel like a melding of styles, it just felt kinda slapdash.

I think if they do something like having multiple composers again, they should have them all compose stuff in their own style and then have one person kinda make arrangements of all that so it feels like a consistent style instead of all that.

Pupp135

Smash Champion
So, if Sonic were to get a second character, who do you think it would be?

Eggman? Shadow? Tails? Knuckles? Amy?

:ultsonic:
My best guess is probably Shadow or Tails as I think Shadow was a large request for awhile now, and he’s had an assist since Brawl, and Tails is Sonic’s main sidekick, but I wouldn’t rule out Eggman (main antagonist and would presumably be a mech based fighter) and Knuckles (popular character with both an assist and Mii costume).

In terms of want, it’s Amy (I like her Flash and Crusade mods)

ninjahmos

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I think if they do something like having multiple composers again, they should have them all compose stuff in their own style and then have one person kinda make arrangements of all that so it feels like a consistent style instead of all that.
Yeah. If SEGA really still wants Jun Senoue to compose Classic Sonic music, they should probably leave the arrangements to Tee Lopes.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah. If SEGA really still wants Jun Senoue to compose Classic Sonic music, they should probably leave the arrangements to Tee Lopes.
Or just let them work on it together like Sand Road and Boo's House in Team Sonic Racing, since both of those tracks are bangers lol

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Speaking of Tee Lopes, it looks like Shredder’s Revenge is getting updated with two more characters and a bunch of remixed tracks from the game. Shredder’s Revenge had an amazing soundtrack so I’m looking forward to those remixes. I’ve been getting a bunch of good news lately between to port of BT&DD and the SR update. Now we just need that Switch 2 announcement to cap it off.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Shadow can work like sonic as he is fast as the Blue Blur. I can say the difference is the use of Chaos Energy and could be more stronger due to his unique genetic build. So, his weight category could be Mid to lightweight

IDK if Sakurai could build Shadow like sonic but Chaos enhanced or more original with Sonic x Shadow Generations showcasing Shadow able to utilize his Black Doom powers.

FazDude

Smash Master
So, if Sonic were to get a second character, who do you think it would be?

Eggman? Shadow? Tails? Knuckles? Amy?

:ultsonic:
I'm personally Team Knuckles, with Eggman in a VERY close second. Probably makes sense to have the antagonist in first, though, so I wouldn't complain.

Misread the post; I think Eggman is most likely, with Shadow as a semi-clone being a possibility.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I'm still hoping Snake makes it into the next game, so that they not only add in his MGS1 design, but also Naked Snake and Old Snake as alts. And the Tuxedo. In fact, I think it may be possible with the Metal Gear franchise getting back on track (somewhat).
I've already said that I'd like to hear more music from the series, but I'd love to hear these songs from the following games:

Metal Gear:
Theme of Tara (New remix based on the original MSX version but keeps elements of the VR Training version from MGS1)
Red Alert
Escape (Beyond Big Boss)

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake:
Zanzibar Breeze
Frequency 140.85/Level 3 Warning
The Front Line
Level 1 Warning
Advance Immediately
Imminent

Metal Gear Solid:
Tank Hangar/Warhead Storage
Intruder 1/Intruder 2/Intruder 3
Mantis' Hymn
Duel/Escape
REX's Lair
The Best Is Yet To Come

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty:
Tanker Alert Theme
Plant Sneaking Theme
Plant Alert Theme
Solidus Snake
Can't Say Goodbye To Yesterday

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater:
Battle In The Jungle
Ocelot Youth
Clash With Evil Personified
Sidecar (Escape from the Fortress/On the Rail Bridge)
Takin' on the Shagohod
Metal Gear Solid 3 Main Theme

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots:
Old Snake
Metal Gear Saga
Victory Song
Oishii Two-Han Seikatsu

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker:
Zero Allies
Koi no Yokushiryoku
Heavens Divide

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance:
Rules of Nature
The Only Thing I Know For Real
I'm My Own Master Now
Red Sun
Collective Consciousness
It Has To Be This Way

Metal Gear Solid V:
Sins of the Father
A Phantom Pain

And for a few extras:

Snatcher & SD Snatcher:
One Night in Neo Kobe City
Pleasure of Tension
Faded Memories
Twilight of Neo Kobe City
Difficult Move
Resistance

Policenauts:
Old L.A. 2040
End of the Dark
Embarrassment/Murder/Shoot For Angels

Zone of the Enders:
Kiss Me Sunlights
Beyond the Bounds

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Lord
Speaking of multiplayer, you know what modern gaming trend that’s really been bothering me? The lack of local co-op play in games. Even historically multiplayer franchises like Dynasty Warriors and Tales of have been dropping their local multiplayer in recent entries. I just enjoy playing games in person with my brother and friends. World of Light in Ultimate wasn’t even multiplayer if I remember correctly. Thats one reason I’m hoping for a mode like Subspace Emissary to come back.
A lot of decisions on what kinds of games to make nowadays are made by out of touch CEOs. You don't need local multiplayer, there's no time to implement frivolous things like that. What you need is more live service titles that demand the commitment of a full-time job to unlock everything in the battle pass! Or, you know, you could engage with the predatory microtransactions and unlock those sweet rewards by using in-game currency (that costs real currency) instead.

Now go, boot up the newest release in the future of gaming, Concord!

...wait a sec

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Warning Issued
With Live-service games and agendas being the more dominant market choice for now, it does makes sense that people are getting tired of it. It is becoming more stale with questionable to downright awful despite better graphics. Like a Phoenix, it will eventually die, but will be reborn from the ashes. I think this is the phase where bad ideas burn with the renewed good ideas are making their return.

I just hope entertainment itself becomes a place for all people to enjoy again without forcing agendas like DEI and Woke in one's face.

Just letting out some steam that's been building up. Sorry if I bring up wounds that's already obvious from the turmoil.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
With Live-service games and agendas being the more dominant market choice for now, it does makes sense that people are getting tired of it. It is becoming more stale with questionable to downright awful despite better graphics. Like a Phoenix, it will eventually die, but will be reborn from the ashes. I think this is the phase where bad ideas burn with the renewed good ideas are making their return.

I just hope entertainment itself becomes a place for all people to enjoy again without forcing agendas like DEI and Woke in one's face.

Just letting out some steam that's been building up. Sorry if I bring up wounds that's already obvious from the turmoil.
I was with you on the first paragraph but you lost me on the second. I can’t take anyone seriously who uses DEI or Woke as an insult.

ninjahmos

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016

I was with you on the first paragraph but you lost me on the second. I can’t take anyone seriously who uses DEI or Woke as an insult.

Obligatory text

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Please tell me you at least know what the word "woke" means, because the only people who use it as an insult are the ones who don't.

Sorry if that came off as rude, I just REALLY don't like dealing with those people...

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Ditto. The turmoil is getting to all of us.
E2_iBiwUYAEOtVE.png

Is this "turmoil" in the room with us right now? Because it looks to me like you're chasing ghosts.

Don't fall for the scams of alt-right grifters. The "culture war" you're consumed with doesn't exist, and never has.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
View attachment 394597

Is this "turmoil" in the room with us right now? Because it looks to me like you're chasing ghosts.

Don't fall for the scams of alt-right grifters. The "culture war" you're consumed with doesn't exist, and never has.
Looking at it. You are right. Too much exposure to all the drama. I need to get away from it now that I become the VERY thing I tried to avoid becoming.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
The serious discussion section exists if people want to debate other stuff.

Re: Sanic

Between Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Eggman the answer is yes.

Add all of them.

In terms of actual likelihood I think Shadow has the edge. Tails is still a high possibility.

Eggman I would be just as happy getting in as a boss.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The "culture war" you're consumed with doesn't exist, and never has.
I disagree here.The "culture war" absolutely does exist, but it's pushed by the grifters. Not your average person.

Generally though, if you're against DEI or woke stuff... I have to ask why though. They're generally positive things.

Alright, how's this: how would you guys feel if Astro Bot was the Sony Smash rep? Alt costumes included, if you so choose.
I'd think that Sony is pushing them as the new mascot.

Which honestly, he could be.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
God I wish, but yeah Rhythm Heaven is never a launch game. The DS was in 2004 and Rhythm Heaven DS was in 2008, the Wii came out in 2006 and Fever wasn't until 2011, and the 3DS came out in 2011 and Megamix wasn't until 2015.

Like I said though, I wish. This decade long limbo is killing me lmao
Heck, the very first Rhythm Heaven was one of the GBA's final games (or at the very least, one of Nintendo's last 1st party games, alongside MOTHER 3).

RE: Capcom

If the next game gets another Capcom character, it'd probably be from one of their most popular franchises, like Zero (Mega Man), Chun-Li (Street Fighter), Dante (Devil May Cry) or even Monster Hunter. But I still think Haggar (Final Fight), Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins) and Strider Hiryu would be pretty cool.
Oh! And Demitri and Morrigan.
And Rival Schools' Batsu and/or Akira!

A winner is you!
FWIW, I'd still LOVE for either Fighter Hayabusa and/or Star Man and/or the Amazon to join Smash.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Out of all potential Sonic Characters to join Smash Bros....
Shadow or Eggman seem to have the chance.
Eggman- Villian that's an inventor with his Egg Mobile. Like others said, may fit better as a boss rather than fighter.
Shadow- While fast like Sonic, he's an anti-hero that can utilize Chaos Energy, Alien abilities and guns. So, could be light to midweight.
Tails- An inventor fox with Two tails. Can fly and utilize gadgets to help zone his foes. Struggle against brawlers and lightweight.
Knuckles- Not as fast as Sonic, but is a powerhouse with his connection to the Master Emerald. A brawler that can Dig, Climb walls and deceptive speedster with strength.....with him being potentially lightweight to compensate for his fighting style.
Amy- A hedgehog with a Hammer. Power and fast with her hammer extending reach. Though, some attacks are sluggish to swing.

To me, sonic characters (except Eggman cause machines) seem to be lightweight to make up for speed.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I disagree here. The "culture war" absolutely does exist, but it's pushed by the grifters. Not your average person.
Does it though?
1727134580764.png

---
Whether it does or not, all I know is that the most recent outbrust regarding DEI chins is undoubtedly the most asinine thing I have ever witnessed and the fact it's even a thing people are getting angry about in the first place should be a testimony for how much we have degraded. People are starting **** up at the fact that there are people out there who are different from what they think those people "should look like". It's like getting angry at the sky for being blue. It's absolutely stupid.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
...would now be a good time to say that if I had to have another Final Fantasy character, I'd take Barret over Tifa?
Do they have to be from FFVII specifically?

Personally, I'd like Tidus (FFX), but I know how most FF fans feel about him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom