• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I've thought about this. I think TheFirstPoppyBro TheFirstPoppyBro is probably correct in their judgement, but I see this scenario being much more comparable to Jigglypuff than it would be like, a straight up "semiclone" as we typically understand it. No doubt BWD's specials would be unique, but attacks that simply involve Kirby's stubby feet - like perhaps bair, dair, a retooled d-tilt (finally) etc can easily carry over to Dee. I don't think EVERY attack would involve the spear, just for the sake of variety, so the next and only step is his feet really.

Mind you, I don't think this really qualifies him as a semiclone but I do think Kirby is a strong skeleton to build him off of. Their similarities in body type as well as his relative design / animation simplicity does make me infer that he would be a bit less of an undertaking than many other candidates. Presumably even with a fully unique moveset they might be able to spend less time on animation and vis dev.
He could also use Parasol if variety is the issue, since he uses it in Battle Royale in lieu of his spear. I agree that he'd probably have some kicks (like the slide kick for example), but not enough to make him a semi-clone, as you stated.

I definitely do think he'd be built using Kirby as a base though, like how Min Min was built with Falcon as a base in Ultimate.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
He could also use Parasol if variety is the issue, since he uses it in Battle Royale in lieu of his spear. I agree that he'd probably have some kicks (like the slide kick for example), but not enough to make him a semi-clone, as you stated.
Right yeah, when I mentioned variety I meant more that he may have some weaker close range attacks as well. He could get away with a full spear kit like how Marth doesn't exactly have any direct physical attacks either, and we could see him just be totally centered around being a mid-range poke character, but having displayed physical capabilities at least a couple times (hell, Megaton Punch lol) I think it'd be fitting enough for him to have a handful of light kicks as either close range get off me tools or combo aerials.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Right yeah, when I mentioned variety I meant more that he may have some weaker close range attacks as well. He could get away with a full spear kit like how Marth doesn't exactly have any direct physical attacks either, and we could see him just be totally centered around being a mid-range poke character, but having displayed physical capabilities at least a couple times (hell, Megaton Punch lol) I think it'd be fitting enough for him to have a handful of light kicks as either close range get off me tools or combo aerials.
Slight deviation, I really hope Megaton Punch is Bandana Dee's Final Smash lol

If I didn't think it'd be a pain to make it work on every stage, especially moving ones, I'd even say have Bandana Dee grab someone, do the punch, and then do the effect of Odin on Midgar and split the stage in half for a little while lmao

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think BWD will definitely feel like a Kirby character the same way Kirby, MK and DDD all feel like they are from the same games. As for his base asset yeah I think they definitely start with Kirby and build from there.
I don't think he'll feel like anything. cause he won't make it in

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I don't think he'll feel like anything. cause he won't make it in
What does this accomplish? Even if this is a pessimistic "Sakurai doesn't care about BWD" kind of post it's just unnecessary presumption and negativity. There are better ways to state the same idea than being so forwardly mean about it.

I personally am not that confident in BWD either but what does it really matter whether they said "will" vs "would".

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What does this accomplish? Even if this is a pessimistic "Sakurai doesn't care about BWD" kind of post it's just unnecessary presumption and negativity. There are better ways to state the same idea than being so forwardly mean about it.

I personally am not that confident in BWD either but what does it really matter whether they said "will" vs "would".
will suggests certainty. would suggests possibility

Pupp135

Smash Champion
Smash 6 roster speculation

No brand-new third party companies or series so I would put them
Welcome to Smashboards!

Even though there are a few things that I disagree with, I’d be happy with this roster if it was the one for SSB6. While looking at this roster, I’m happy to see that you kept Ice Climbers, Sora, Byleth on the roster, all of which I enjoying using.

Although I would have approached newcomers differently, the only thing that I really question is Spring Man given that Min Min was cut. Otherwise, I think that the newcomers would would be fun additions.

The biggest things that I disagree with are some of the cuts on the roster and how Diddy Kong is implemented. In terms of cuts, the most notable ones are personally Pit, Isabelle, and Pokemon Trainer as Pit is kind of an SSB original like Captain Falcon at this point, Animal Crossing is a major franchise, and I find Pokemon Trainer to be valuable both from a gameplay and representational perspective (there may be a chance where Ivysaur and Squirtle are cut, but I think that’s a last resort move depending on time constraints). For Diddy Kong, I feel like it’s too late to implement the Dixie Kong tag team pair as no sequel has done a large overhaul to a fighter, unless we count removals of transformation fighters caused by 3DS limitations. Personally, I’d add Dixie Kong as a separate fighter.

With how big of a deal Mario Kart’s become thanks to 8 Deluxe, do you think it’ll get more significant content in the next Smash?
At the bare minimum, we’ll have something similar to what happened in Brawl and the For games where we get more music and a new stage, and the question becomes which stage is going to be added. Based on the three stages that have been added historically, we’ve
had a beginning track, a Mario Circuit, and a Rainbow Road. The choice of a stage from 8 DX or the next console’s title really will depend on timing. Besides the three tracks described above, I honestly think this could be the way we could get our Bowser’s Castle stage as every Mario Kart game has at least one Bowser’s Castle.

Another thing that we could also consider is additional items from the Mario Kart games being implemented like how the Spiny/Blue Shell was added in For.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I wonder how it’d go over with people if the next Smash sacrificed pretty much everything to get a larger roster. Like, barely any stages, no single player, no side modes, bare minimum items, no collectibles. I know game dev doesn’t work like that (you can’t just make the stage artists animate characters instead, for example) but it’s interesting to think about.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Crossing the clone talk with the Kirby talk, what are everyone's thoughts on Galacta Knight, Morpho Knight, and Dark Meta Knight?

Galacta Knight arguably makes the most sense at this point. He's the most reoccurring of them and is typically seen as MK's biggest rival of these three. I know that using a lance seems weird for a MK clone, but that hasn't stopped HAL from using Galacta Knight's lance the same as MK's sword.

Morpho Knight seems to be the up and coming replacement for Galacta Knight, though. After semi-killing Galacta off in Star Allies, he seems to be the new go too EX MK after retuning for Forgotten Land. He's also just a touch easier to implement as well as a clone.

Dark MK I'm mostly going for completion. He seems to be semi-reoccurring after Star Allies brought him back and these days seems to be the go-to representative for when they want to reference Amazing Mirror. Obviously, he's so similar they might have to work harder to prevent confusion between Pit and Dark Pit, though I at least can think of one way to make it easier (keep his wings always out like the modern games).

Personally, I always feel like an MK clone always has a dark horse chance, with Galacta as the front runner, but I'd like some other opinions.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I wonder how it’d go over with people if the next Smash sacrificed pretty much everything to get a larger roster. Like, barely any stages, no single player, no side modes, bare minimum items, no collectibles. I know game dev doesn’t work like that (you can’t just make the stage artists animate characters instead, for example) but it’s interesting to think about.
That would genuinely be the worst possible outcome and I'm not even joking.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I feel like this is just obligatory from me at this point but I can guarantee you that we are not losing Isabelle.

It always confuses me a bit when a roster clearly wants to acknowledge recent successes and bright futures - Alear, Ring Fit, Sylux and Emio - but then will actively take away from the series that saw the greatest growth and the most massive successes out of all of them.

You’re going to look at the state of Nintendo right now and say Animal Crossing and Splatoon are good with one character? They are literally two of Nintendo’s current tentpoles, placed on equal footing with Zelda. The least you can do is keep Nintendo’s most beloved mascot of the 21st century (Isabelle, it’s Isabelle). If you want to keep it contemporary, these two series are at the very front of the conversation.

…welcome to the boards though, sorry to come off strong.
Theres NOTHING character wise animal crossing can bring moveset potential wise that the current two already bring other than MAYBE Tom Nook, K.K. Slider and super maybe Resetti.

same goes for Splatoon, maybe Squid Sisters and an Octoling and the Octopus boss.

like both of these series have traits that dont lend well to a variety of fighters since everything is covered by the already represented fighters.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Crossing the clone talk with the Kirby talk, what are everyone's thoughts on Galacta Knight, Morpho Knight, and Dark Meta Knight?

Galacta Knight arguably makes the most sense at this point. He's the most reoccurring of them and is typically seen as MK's biggest rival of these three. I know that using a lance seems weird for a MK clone, but that hasn't stopped HAL from using Galacta Knight's lance the same as MK's sword.

Morpho Knight seems to be the up and coming replacement for Galacta Knight, though. After semi-killing Galacta off in Star Allies, he seems to be the new go too EX MK after retuning for Forgotten Land. He's also just a touch easier to implement as well as a clone.

Dark MK I'm mostly going for completion. He seems to be semi-reoccurring after Star Allies brought him back and these days seems to be the go-to representative for when they want to reference Amazing Mirror. Obviously, he's so similar they might have to work harder to prevent confusion between Pit and Dark Pit, though I at least can think of one way to make it easier (keep his wings always out like the modern games).

Personally, I always feel like an MK clone always has a dark horse chance, with Galacta as the front runner, but I'd like some other opinions.
I think I'd rather all of them just become alts/color palettes. Galacta Knight and DMK are sort of already doing that in Ultimate, though Galacta doesn't go all in on it.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Theres NOTHING character wise animal crossing can bring moveset potential wise that the current two already bring other than MAYBE Tom Nook, K.K. Slider and super maybe Resetti.

same goes for Splatoon, maybe Squid Sisters and an Octoling and the Octopus boss.
No offense, but I feel like you're not demonstrating a whole lot of knowledge of Splatoon if you don't even know DJ Octavio's name. So I wouldn't take your word on how much potential this series has. Splatoon has a ton of weapon types that have gone unexplored and would make for interesting moveset premises, such as dual wielding pistols or the Splatbrella, which happen to be signature weapons for some of the idols. The series is inherently combat oriented, it's hard to argue in good faith that this doesn't lend itself well to fighter variety. And Octavio's unique qualities go without saying.

As for Animal Crossing, we've spoken on it often and disproven this several times. The fact that you can name three different characters that can "maybe" do something new kind of immediately disqualifies your first point. You emphasized there is NOTHING new that can be done and then promptly listed a character who uses a guitar and another one who can burrow underground, and there's nobody in Smash who can do either of those things yet.

Last edited:

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
I think I'd rather all of them just become alts/color palettes. Galacta Knight and DMK are sort of already doing that in Ultimate, though Galacta doesn't go all in on it.
This is more about possibility than want here. I acknowledge that Galacta and DMK are already pallets, but I wonder if one could be promoted instead of just remaining in there. I'm more so wondering if they can end up as a possible clone in a future roster, because people were wondering about what new clones we can get, and I think they are contenders.

If I could do anything I wanted with these three, I'd give DMK his own, non-clone move set based on his Star Allies appearance. That was one of my most favorite move sets in the game. Being more realistic, though, I'd rather take BWD, or if we can streach it even further, Dark Matter or Magolor.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

For Splatoon specifically, Inkling only uses a Splattershot and a Roller in their kit. Considering aside from those, 3 has Chargers, Sloshers, Splatlings, Dualies, Brellas, Blasters, Brushes, Stringers, and Splatanas, plus a wide variety of sub weapons and specials, there's really no reason to think more can't be done.

Do I personally think they will? Probably not, though Splatoon being such a big pillar of Nintendo at this point may lead to one anyway. They're certainly not out of options for new movesets with a variety of tools though.

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
Smash 6 roster speculation

No brand-new third party companies or series so I would put them
On the whole this is a pretty good roster, I just have a couple things I want to mention.

• I feel like they would keep at least one of the Mario characters from Smash 4. I don't want to start a debate on which one, but deleting both of them feels a little unlikely
  • Cutting Isabelle is also a bit odd, but people have already mentioned that.
  • I'm not sure why you would cut Min Min and add Spring Man? I don't hate him or anything, but we might as well stick with the character who's already on the roster. Spring Man would be a good semi clone or echo choice, though.
  • I'm sorry to keep ragging on cuts, but I can't see them getting rid of Pit. He's not very relevant, but he was even less relevant when he was added in Brawl.
  • I definitely think Famicom Detective Club will get a character, but I'm not sure if it'll be Emio. Ayumi has the advantage of being in the earlier games and having been previously considered for Melee.
  • Lastly, the Pokemon section is kind of rough. I get the idea of wanting to trim it down, but deleting all the characters added since Melee feels like a step too far. Lucario and/or Greninja should stay, at the very least. Gardevoir is a good choice for an older Pokemon, but I can't see them adding the Paradox Duo. Their body types are a bit too different to really be skins of eachother. I personally think the most likely Gen 9 pokemon are Meowscarada or Ogerpon

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
This is more about possibility than want here. I acknowledge that Galacta and DMK are already pallets, but I wonder if one could be promoted instead of just remaining in there. I'm more so wondering if they can end up as a possible clone in a future roster, because people were wondering about what new clones we can get, and I think they are contenders.
I would still like Galacta Knight, but I wonder if his time has kind of passed now with Morpho Knight being the big man on campus. Personally I prefer Galacta Knight in general, even though Morpho is dope. But with a lack of activity since Star Allies, which came out the same year Ultimate did, I'm not sure Galacta has enough going on recently to really put him in consideration without strong fan support backing him.

And Morpho Knight... it's a bit difficult for me to imagine them going for that, but I wouldn't complain. He's got a lot of cool stuff going on where frankly I feel like making him a derivative of Meta Knight would be kind of a waste.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

If I could do anything I wanted with these three, I'd give DMK his own, non-clone move set based on his Star Allies appearance. That was one of my most favorite move sets in the game. Being more realistic, though, I'd rather take BWD, or if we can streach it even further, Dark Matter or Magolor.
Honestly I'd be down for DMK getting his Star Allies kit and being completely different since I think it'd be cool to basically see the Mirror ability represented in Smash, but yeah there are definitely some characters I'd like to see before him.

I also really like the idea of Morpho becoming an alt because it'd be like the beta skin from Project M coming full circle into being official lol

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

like both of these series have traits that dont lend well to a variety of fighters since everything is covered by the already represented fighters.
Dude you have like no imagination or you straight up have no knowledge of either franchise.

Saying this about Splatoon is REALLY reaching.

Laniv

Smash Champion

I feel like it's between Galacta and Morpho at this point. Galacta Knight is a bit more prominent, but as you said, Morpho Knight is the new hotness. And apologies to DMK fans, but I do not see Dark Meta Knight happening.

Animal Crossing has no moveset potential left... except for three different characters, each of which has their own skillsets and aesthetics that haven't been done yet? I don't follow.

And I'm not even gonna go into how Splatoon is barely scratching the surface with what we have now.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I feel like it's between Galacta and Morpho at this point. Galacta Knight is a bit more prominent, but as you said, Morpho Knight is the new hotness. And apologies to DMK fans, but I do not see Dark Meta Knight happening.
Honestly, I like Galacta more. Not that there is anything wrong with Morpho Knight, but I just thought Galacta Knight was so cool the first time I saw him, and I had little exposure to Morpho outside of Forgotten Land.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

personally I find any of the three of them a rather underwhelming inclusion. nothing against the characters themselves I just thing the kirby series has a lot more interesting characters to work with.

tell me you've never played a video game series without telling me you've never played a video game series

robot067

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CARR#319
Switch FC
SW-3961-8884-7684

I agree this is likelier than many acknowledge. Kirby has been getting steadily bigger ever since return to dream land and is in a good place to get multiple characters in the next smash. A Meta Knight clone or semi clone are the most logical choices after Bandana Dee both due to popularity and ease of development. Galacta Knight is definitely the likeliest of the three, though I could see Morpho Knight easily especially if HAL has some say in character selection. I'd be really excited to get any of them, but Galacta was always one of my top pipedream picks in middle school so I'd be ecstatic. You can't really go wrong with any potential Kirby newcomer :grin:.

I think the echo route makes the most sense, but Galacta or Dark MK could both easily be semi clones or even completely original characters. Galacta uses a lance not a sword, and Dark MK despite how similar he looks has a totally different moveset than Meta Knight in star allies. Morpho Knight I'm not sure about since I never got far enough to see him in star allies.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I saw a lot of people making their prediction rosters and I wanted to join in the fun but instead of just picking favorites I found this Tiermaker list with 150 potential newcomers and arranged them all in corresponding tiers. Had a lot of fun with this, and also avoided a "Don't want" tier and instead simply put them in either "Don't know" or "Don't care". Characters are also ordered alphabetically so those sharing tiers are pretty much equal.

(Gets ready for getting booed for not recognizing certain characters)

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I saw a lot of people making their prediction rosters and I wanted to join in the fun but instead of just picking favorites I found this Tiermaker list with 150 potential newcomers and arranged them all in corresponding tiers. Had a lot of fun with this, and also avoided a "Don't want" tier and instead simply put them in either "Don't know" or "Don't care". Characters are also ordered alphabetically so those sharing tiers are pretty much equal.

I know a couple people here that aren’t going to be happy that Hyabusa is in the “don’t care for” column. Interesting choices and it’s funny that out of 150 characters almost none of my most wanted are anywhere on this list at all lol. Just out of curiosity, what inspired you to add the “don’t know them” and “don’t care for” columns? It seems like a lot of extra work just to get images of characters you don’t have any interest in. Nothing really wrong with that, just curious.

It’s also surprising that you’d be happy with Nia but you don’t know who Rex is. Not knowing DOOM Slayer is interesting to me too. Did you just get a bunch of preselected images that you just arranged in these tier lists or did you actively seek out the character images? The former would make a lot more sense.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I may or may not have said this before, but if Chun-Li ever DOES get into Smash, I'm hoping they not only use her original SFII design, but also include her designs from SF Alpha/Zero and SF6. Same goes for Ryu (and Ken, if he makes it in the next game).

On an unrelated note, and I know this is highly unlikely, but what if Smash had some dungeon crawler representation, like Gauntlet? Or perhaps a more modern example (and probably with less licensing issues), Hades? Either way, it'd be pretty cool.

Last edited:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I know a couple people here that aren’t going to be happy that Hyabusa is in the “don’t care for” column. Interesting choices and it’s funny that out of 150 characters almost none of my most wanted are anywhere on this list at all lol. Just out of curiosity, what inspired you to add the “don’t know them” and “don’t care for” columns? It seems like a lot of extra work just to get images of characters you don’t have any interest in. Nothing really wrong with that, just curious.
The way Tiermaker works, I find it easier and less cumbersome to try to place everything in a respective tier instead of leaving stuff unplaced at the bottom. That way as I'm placing characters I know exactly where I'm currently at instead of having to go through every character I didn't place yet again.

BuckleyTim

Smash Apprentice
Re: Aloy

I think it's very funny that a Sony rep will be practically expected to spice up a Fighters' Pass at the rate we're going. Who'd think that Sony would allow their IP spinoffs on the switch (granted, lego is probably putting the laser pistol to their head there but it being anything at all is an interesting sign for how things might go if Sora Ltd. approached Sony).

This is clouded by my bias but I just feel like Kratos would still be the first pick they'd go with if they ever got Playstation to play ball. Don't get me wrong, Aloy could be fun but it'd kinda like picking Splatoon over mario/zelda for a nintendo on playstation event; it just wouldn't be the biggest most historic IP they could get? I'd say Cloud being the first Squenix rep feels like an apt comparison here- while they could've gone with a character with more Nintendo adjacency, they went with the biggest face first. Granted, you could say Microsoft's characters choices are an inversion of that idea, though, (though maybe circumstances are a little different as banjo was banjo and minecraft has far more relevance sales wise and culture wise compared to halo especially in japan)

The real travesty here is that Ape Escape would be way too far down the totem pole to be considered in any timely fashion.

Gorgonzales

Smash Lord
I think they could stand to be unique characters (morpho especially) but imo there's just so many more unique/interesting picks to me from Kirby like BWD, Magolor, Adeline, Gooey, Marx, Chef Kawasaki, Kracko, Whispy Woods... the list goes on and on. To get another character so visually similar to Meta Knight would just be a little deflating in my eyes.

Gengar84

Smash Hero

I think it's very funny that a Sony rep will be practically expected to spice up a Fighters' Pass at the rate we're going. Who'd think that Sony would allow their IP spinoffs on the switch (granted, lego is probably putting the laser pistol to their head there but it being anything at all is an interesting sign for how things might go if Sora Ltd. approached Sony).

This is clouded by my bias but I just feel like Kratos would still be the first pick they'd go with if they ever got Playstation to play ball. Don't get me wrong, Aloy could be fun but it'd kinda like picking Splatoon over mario/zelda for a nintendo on playstation event; it just wouldn't be the biggest most historic IP they could get? I'd say Cloud being the first Squenix rep feels like an apt comparison here- while they could've gone with a character with more Nintendo adjacency, they went with the biggest face first. Granted, you could say Microsoft's characters choices are an inversion of that idea, though, (though maybe circumstances are a little different as banjo was banjo and minecraft has far more relevance sales wise and culture wise compared to halo especially in japan)

The real travesty here is that Ape Escape would be way too far down the totem pole to be considered in any timely fashion.
Yeah, my own most wanted Sony character and franchise is even further down the list than Ape Escape and that’s Rogue Galaxy. RG is one of my favorite games of all time and Zegram Ghart might just be my absolute favorite gaming character. Unfortunately, I think the game sold below expectations so we never got another one. Plus I’m not sure the exact deal with the rights since Level 5 actually made the game under Sony. If we got any kind of content from either Rogue Galaxy or Dark Cloud, that would be awesome.

As for Kratos, I know the series has been around longer (since the PS2) and is seen as their main franchise these days but I wonder if the mature elements might cause it to get passed over in favor of something like Horizon that doesn’t have anything to that level. I think the God of War games actually depicted sex and nudity which could potentially be a hurdle for Smash inclusion. Not necessarily a deal breaker but something to consider.

The way Tiermaker works, I find it easier and less cumbersome to try to place everything in a respective tier instead of leaving stuff unplaced at the bottom. That way as I'm placing characters I know exactly where I'm currently at instead of having to go through every character I didn't place yet again.
I actually just made my own but since I made it on my phone, I don’t know how to resize the image so I can actually post it here. Smashboards doesn’t seem to like large file sizes. I always seem to have an issue posting any images from my phone from online. For some reason, it doesn’t work for 90% of the images I try to copy and paste. Oh well. I did feel a bit guilty having a “don’t care for” section anyways since I don’t like to put down anyone’s favorites just because they aren’t my thing.

Last edited:

Royaru

Smash Cadet
While I like most of your selection, I cannot agree that Baby-netta has good odds for Smash.
I know, she is the most dream smasher of the roster. A third party character of a spin of game, definitely is no good for her. Maybe if Nintendo wants to advertise a little more Bayonetta they could choose her, althought in this case they probably pick Viola instead. But I think baby-netta would a lot of more fun to play if she came with Chessire.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
As for Kratos, I know the series has been around longer (since the PS2) and is seen as their main franchise these days but I wonder if the mature elements might cause it to get passed over in favor of something like Horizon that doesn’t have anything to that level. I think the God of War games actually depicted sex and nudity which could potentially be a hurdle for Smash inclusion. Not necessarily a deal breaker but something to consider.
I would think Kratos would be fine since pretty much all of his weapons are magical in nature? He just wouldn't be able to use anything like Helios's head or rip anyone in half for obvious reasons, but I imagine he'd be based on the newer games anyway in the case of Helios, maybe with Young Kratos as an alt or vice versa. Might be hard to find footage for showing him off in a DLC trailer, since they tend to show gameplay from the original series, but I would think he'd be relatively okay in actual Smash gameplay, sorta like how Doom Slayer would be imo.

robot067

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CARR#319
Switch FC
SW-3961-8884-7684

I feel like a Sony character is pretty unlikely considering Nintendo pulled smash out of EVO due to it being bought by Sony. Who knows though, maybe Sakurai has the clout to make it happen.

My top picks would be Sly Cooper, Sackboy, or Ratchet and Clank. I'd like to see Patapon get some sort of representation in terms of music, trophies/spirits, etc.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Most of the Sony characters I care about are from dormant/dead franchises like Sly, Gravity Rush and MediEvil.

From their modern day lineup, I do agree with the consensus that Kratos would make the most sense, but I'd personally prefer Ratchet or Astro.

Honestly what I'd like more is for Sony to give PSAS another go but actually try this time. If they weren't actively trying to kill it maybe it could have fared better.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
No offense, but I feel like you're not demonstrating a whole lot of knowledge of Splatoon if you don't even know DJ Octavio's name. So I wouldn't take your word on how much potential this series has. Splatoon has a ton of weapon types that have gone unexplored and would make for interesting moveset premises, such as dual wielding pistols or the Splatbrella, which happen to be signature weapons for some of the idols. The series is inherently combat oriented, it's hard to argue in good faith that this doesn't lend itself well to fighter variety. And Octavio's unique qualities go without saying.

As for Animal Crossing, we've spoken on it often and disproven this several times. The fact that you can name three different characters that can "maybe" do something new kind of immediately disqualifies your first point. You emphasized there is NOTHING new that can be done and then promptly listed a character who uses a guitar and another one who can burrow underground, and there's nobody in Smash who can do either of those things yet.
I couldnt remember it and wasnt focused enough atm to google it, sue me.

One tiny little trait like you mentioned is not enough justification to give them a spot on the roster.
and thats a hard maybe on all of them. Like what could Tom Nook do that Isabelle and Villager dont already do? Oh Im sorry he could tax the opponent so he has ONE unique neutral special.

Splatoon is more fine you could do Callie and Marie duo with splat roller Callie and Splat long shot rifle weapon with Marie, DJ Octavio definitely works and Octoling is echo with different weapons.
I stand though that Animal Crossing brings basically nothing outside of Isabelle and Villager, they represent it just fine

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

This isn't necessarily related to your list but it's killing me that they use Mach Rider's art from Smash Bros Crusade for this lol.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
ne tiny little trait like you mentioned is not enough justification to give them a spot on the roster.
and thats a hard maybe on all of them. Like what could Tom Nook do that Isabelle and Villager dont already do? Oh Im sorry he could tax the opponent so he has ONE unique neutral special.
You're acting like Nook with Chapter 7 Bankruptcy from Hunter x Hunter wouldn't go hard. You know it would.

Top Bottom