• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
With Bomberman one almost gets the sense that had there been a third pass and/or the timing had been different, that he might have gotten in. The inclusion of a solid Mii Costume with multiple colors felt like a quasi-promotion and it's been of the few Konami franchises in the West that's been relatively active with new games in that last seven years. All that on top of the games themselves having loads of powers/abilities for the Smash team to utilize and Nintendo consoles regularly getting Bomberman games other than the transition years (2012-2016) of Konami fully acquiring Hudson Soft.

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Lord
This character is Black Panther and has nothing to do with Marvel's Black Panther as you see. This Black Panther you see in the picture is a cybernetic black panther from Konami's arcade game of the same name. Even though only this game existed and no other, I would say in my opinion that it deserves recognition. Besides, he's also one of the characters I want as newcomers to the Super Smash Bros. series.
1722728984798.png

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
If Yuka (Rhythm Heaven) ever gets in, she should get a remix of Tap Trial

On the subject of Konami, I still think some DDR representation would be pretty cool.
I would be interesting in general to see a rhythm game stage, whether its DDR, Rhythm Heaven, Sambe de Amigo, Crypt of the Necrodancer, etc

Don't know if the stage concept would just be the platforms, environment changing to the beat or there being a gameplay benefit to somehow fighting to the music, but there's potential regardless.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Fossil Fighters is an underrated DS game. It doesn't really have a shot for playable, but the T-Rex would be amazing as an assist.
I would honestly be more than fine with that. I was already surprised when Ultimate put the battle theme from Frontiers in for the two Spirit battles lol

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So seeing bomberman on multiple wishlists is heartening. I never really got it the game but his AT is fun and I'd like him to be upgraded.
I feel like there's genuine interest by the devs in making Bomberman playable.

His mii outfit is extremely detailed and even has alt skins. There was effort put into that that none of the other Miis got.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wanted to join in the visual roster trend, but image editing is annoying so I decided to just draw it. These aren't who I think are likely, or even who would be the "best", but these are the picks I'd be hype for.

View attachment 393148
Dude you drew these?

These are fire!

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
DDR was awesome I wonder if anyone still plays it ..
I think it's mostly been replaced by Just Dance.

I wanted to join in the visual roster trend, but image editing is annoying so I decided to just draw it. These aren't who I think are likely, or even who would be the "best", but these are the picks I'd be hype for.
Love the art, but not the picks.

Last edited:

DKing

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 393148
You art style is good and unique. The black lines, The facial expression, The color of the background for each characters, They make it really cool to watch.

Gengar84

Smash Hero

View attachment 393148
These are awesome drawings they kind of give me a Super Mario Strikers vibe. Great work! Some pretty cool character choices as well.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Here’s a Smash wishlist I posted a while back. I tried to keep the size semi realistic at around Ultimate’s so I had to make some cuts. I would definitely prefer Everyone is Here 2 in an ideal world though. The Olimar omission was an oversight and he should be on there somewhere. I tried to limit my picks to characters I could at least make some argument for so some of my personal favorites like Zegram from Rogue Galaxy didn’t make this one.

1722772582202.jpeg

Thoughts?

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Ace
Shout outs to the Suicune choice, he'd really be a great pick for a new Pokémon newcomer.
Another canine fighter, with ice powers, would be very unique. Plus he has those ribbons that can aid him in picking up items etc., just like Ivysaur. And while the other four-legged fighters are goofy and cartoony, Suicune would be elegant and majestic. And he'd be the first playable legendary Pokémon since Mewtwo. He stands out in lots of ways.
Plus he even got his own game, kinda, way back then. And he's in Pokken.

Definitely not a character I expect, his time is just past, but he'd be a great pick imo.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Shout outs to the Suicune choice, he'd really be a great pick for a new Pokémon newcomer.
Another canine fighter, with ice powers, would be very unique. Plus he has those ribbons that can aid him in picking up items etc., just like Ivysaur. And while the other four-legged fighters are goofy and cartoony, Suicune would be elegant and majestic. And he'd be the first playable legendary Pokémon since Mewtwo. He stands out in lots of ways.
Plus he even got his own game, kinda, way back then. And he's in Pokken.

Definitely not a character I expect, his time is just past, but he'd be a great pick imo.
water powers

Gengar84

Smash Hero
water powers
Pretty sure it also gets Ice moves like Ice Beam and Blizzard. Most Water types do. Suicune definitely looks like it could be an Ice type even though it’s mono Water. I could see Smash giving it some attacks of each type.

I will agree that Suicune is a great choice for Smash. It’s my favorite Pokemon of any of the legendary trios and we could use more quadrupedal characters.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Here’s a Smash wishlist I posted a while back. I tried to keep the size semi realistic at around Ultimate’s so I had to make some cuts. I would definitely prefer Everyone is Here 2 in an ideal world though. The Olimar omission was an oversight and he should be on there somewhere. I tried to limit my picks to characters I could at least make some argument for so some of my personal favorites like Zegram from Rogue Galaxy didn’t make this one.

View attachment 393152

Thoughts?
Not familiar with many of the 3rd party picks, but I like what you did with Zelda, Donkey Kong and even Pokémon even if I'm not quite sure who the newcomers are. Bold decisions. I like that! Same with Fire Emblem, even if I think you could fit Chrom back in, making him a Echo to Lucina this time (this is how I'd handle Fire Emblem at least). Lyn as newcomer is also cool. With Metroid, bold to cut ZSS even if I'd keep her, E.M.M.I. could work well, prefer Raven Beak but a solid choice overall. Also Ouroborous as newcomer for Xenoblade is genius. Good job on that one.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Pretty sure it also gets Ice moves like Ice Beam and Blizzard. Most Water types do. Suicune definitely looks like it could be an Ice type even though it’s mono Water. I could see Smash giving it some attacks of each type.

I will agree that Suicune is a great choice for Smash. It’s my favorite Pokemon of any of the legendary trios and we could use more quadrupedal characters.
So? His moveset would still be predominantly water attacks.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
So? His moveset would still be predominantly water attacks.
True but I could still see it also getting some Ice attacks is all I’m saying. Do you remember whether Suicune had any Ice type attacks in Pokken? That would probably be a good hint as to whether to expect any in Smash.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
True but I could still see it also getting some Ice attacks is all I’m saying. Do you remember whether Suicune had any Ice type attacks in Pokken? That would probably be a good hint as to whether to expect any in Smash.
I didn’t even remember that suicune was in that one

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I didn’t even remember that suicune was in that one
I also remember that it naturally learns Aurora Beam as a signature level up move. I don’t think there’s a ton of Water type Pokémon that naturally learn Ice moves as level up but I could be wrong on that part. Either way I think Suicune does have a stronger relation to Ice than your average Water type.

BritishGuy54

Smash Ace
With how big of a deal Mario Kart’s become thanks to 8 Deluxe, do you think it’ll get more significant content in the next Smash?
I’m uncertain. I think it would get a stage for either 8 Deluxe, or 9/10. But if anything, it could be relegated to DLC for a character like Waluigi.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I also remember that it naturally learns Aurora Beam as a signature level up move. I don’t think there’s a ton of Water type Pokémon that naturally learn Ice moves as level up but I could be wrong on that part. Either way I think Suicune does have a stronger relation to Ice than your average Water type.
it's sheer cold not aurora beam. maybe it was in an older gen

anyway I'd find it disappointing if the first pokemon fighter in smash to use an ice attack wasn't an ice type pokemon. ice types are a gold mine of great fighters

Top Bottom