• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Crossing the clone talk with the Kirby talk, what are everyone's thoughts on Galacta Knight, Morpho Knight, and Dark Meta Knight?
Dark Meta Knight should be an alt costume for Meta Knight He's a dark copy of Meta Knight.

Galacta Knight should be an Echo of Meta Knight. He's an entirely separate character.

Morpho Knight should be an alt costume for Galacta Knight. They're the same character.

I feel like it's between Galacta and Morpho at this point. Galacta Knight is a bit more prominent, but as you said, Morpho Knight is the new hotness.
They're the same character! Morpho Knight is just Galacta Knight fused with a butterfly.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
They're the same character! Morpho Knight is just Galacta Knight fused with a butterfly.
I mean technically, Morpho is just the butterfly (called a "butterfly of paradise" in Star Allies Japanese pause menus, said to appear after something perishes and bring about judgement day) and according to his figurine in Forgotten Land, it feasts on the most powerful soul it can find and then becomes the scarlet-clad knight, so Galacta Knight's soul may have just been devoured like Fecto Forgo's and possibly subsequently released when Morpho is beaten, since Chaos Elfilis exists even after Fecto Forgo is devoured.

Same role, but I'm pretty sure they're different characters.

also yes typing that was very funny for a butterfly in a kirby game lol

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I saw a lot of people making their prediction rosters and I wanted to join in the fun but instead of just picking favorites I found this Tiermaker list with 150 potential newcomers and arranged them all in corresponding tiers.
Hayabusa in "Don't care" tier

my tier list below, tiers separated by varying levels of enthusiasm
Hayabusa in "Most Wanted" tier

You're acting like Nook with Chapter 7 Bankruptcy from Hunter x Hunter wouldn't go hard.
Tom Knuckle.

No, this one is very much based in reality. Parents of young children complained endlessly about Resetti scaring their kids around when City Folk came out. The European manual straight up included a content warning disclaimer about him.
Those kids are in their 20s now. Today's kids don't know scary Resetti.

Anyway, Resetti and KK would both be fine as ATs. Nook has Fighter potential.

also yes typing that was very funny for a butterfly in a kirby game lol
Hey now. Kirby's lore famously goes hard.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Hey now. Kirby's lore famously goes hard.
Oh I know, it's just always funny that Kirby games have given me trust issues to the point whenever a game comes out now I look to see if that butterfly is in the opening, lest I be jumpscared by his soul-devouring judgement lol

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Ace
I never really understand resetti
Reset Ti heh
He was that AT in Brawl where the giant speech bubble came up and interfered with the match for 20 minutes. I used to just beat on him bc he was invincible but it was still fun. Fun like wall jamming as Kirby on Onett.. fun like spamming DACUS with Snake on Green Hill Zone... fun like _____

I MISS BRAWL SOMETIMES
For real.
The funniest Assist Trophy the series has ever had and they shelved him after one game.
Justice 4 Resetti

ninjahmos

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
If The Prince from Katamari ever gets into Smash, I wonder if they'd be able to get the original composers (and other composers) at Bandai Namco to remix their songs from the series… Especially Yuu Miyake, who I believe is freelancing these days…

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I'm thinking about Squad Strike and how well-designed of a mode it is. It's such a fantastic side mode to Smash and is very well-thought out and executed.

So naturally the pessimist side of me says it's too good and will be absent from the next game for literally no reason.
I’d love to see it expanded with team attacks on switch in and other mechanics like other team based fighting games. If they pushed that enough, I think I could be okay with removing the pre-set teams Smash has already and making them their own characters. My only concern then is that some characters may not make the roster that otherwise could have as part of a set team. For example, I don’t think we’d have ever gotten solo Squirtle, Ivysaur, Mythra, Sheik, or Zero Suit Samus if transform duos were never a thing.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
By that logic, Link wouldn’t have gotten his Champion’s Tunic unless he was a DLC fighter. I mean, after all, Min Min and Pyra/Mythra are DLC fighters from games released in 2017, right?

My point is, giving a veteran alts based on their most recent games isn’t the same thing as trying to squeeze a character from a game released during a Smash game’s development into the base roster. Sakurai is surely at least aware of Prime 4’s existence, so I don’t think it’s unreasonable to assume he can make a 50/50 split between the Prime 4 and Dread designs work with Samus.
Going back to this, I think I'll do a 50/50 split right now:
  • Dread Suit (default)
    • Power Suit (blue/white, default)
    • Varia Suit (orange/white)
    • Gravity Suit (purple white)
    • Fusion Suit (blue/yellow)
    • Fusion Varia Suit (green/pink)
    • Fusion Gravity Suit (lavender/blue)
    • E.M.M.I. (white)
    • Metroid Suit (special costume)
  • Prime Suit
    • Varia Suit (default)
    • NES Gravity Suit (pink)
    • Prime Gravity Suit (purple)
    • "Mass-produced Samus" (green)
    • Dark Suit (brown)
    • Light Suit (white)
    • Power Trooper (black)
    • Classic Power Suit (special costume)

Last edited:

ScrubReborn

Smash Apprentice
This bring up a question I've been thinking about: What other potential newcomers could be added as a semi-clone?
Two words. Dixie. Kong.

...Other than her, Spring Man as a Min-Min semi seems easy enough. Of course with Min Min being the way she be, another of her... dosen't excite me, but it would make sense.

Crossing the clone talk with the Kirby talk, what are everyone's thoughts on Galacta Knight, Morpho Knight, and Dark Meta Knight?
The obvious correct answer is Galactia Knight with Meta Knight's exact Brawl moveset. :p And TBH I only say that half-ironically. Don't actually make him broken ofc, that's bad for the game, but a Meta Knight semi-clone that gives his kit the same sense of "excess" as someone like Sepiroth.... (rubs hands) Oh yes.

And like Darth suggests sometimes. Dark Meta Knight as an alt, Morpho as a Galactia Knight alt. I don't think it'd happen and I'd be fine with just Galactia, but shoving the whole quadrio in would be epic.

speaking of animal crossing, any else up for digby as isabelle's echo?
I wouldn't be opposed.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So we all want a Bowser's Castle stage, but assuming we will finally get one (that isn't a sucky third transition of an aggressively mediocre stage), which game would you want it to take the most inspiration from:
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario World
  • New Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Super Mario Bros. Wonder
  • Mario Kart (explain which track if you have a specific one in mind)

I personally am just looking for a stage that replaces the bottom blast zone with lava and is otherwise great for a 1v1 showdown. My vote would have to go to New Super Mario Bros., or if they don't go retro with it, Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario World's castles would also satisfy me. I'm not super keen on World Bowser or Bowser Castle from Super Mario Bros. Wonder since the former isn't really a castle, and the latter is super green, which isn't what I had in mind.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh yeah, Nintendo released a new Echoes of Wisdom trailer earlier today:
I guess the only way I can make this Smash-relevant is…could the Echo mechanic from this game replace the Phantom Slash?
Why Phantom Slash? That move just because a cornerstone to her kit?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I guess the only way I can make this Smash-relevant is…could the Echo mechanic from this game replace the Phantom Slash?
The Legend of Zelda, but Zelda's in Creative Mode. lul

To actually answer your question though, probably not. Maybe they'd give her the Tri Rod to contextualize Phantom Slash, but it's doubtful they'd get rid of it.

Top Bottom