• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
First Party, Current Series:
Bowser's Castle
Waluigi Pinball
Koholint Island
Cobalt Coastlands
Area Zero
Literally ANYTHING from the Archanea games (Altea Castle, Chiasmir Bridge, the Fane of Raman, Macedon Aerie, Ice Dragon Temple, etc)
World of Zenith (traveling stage that takes you to the various realms)
Lunar Sanctum
Jogging Route (Punch-Out!! stage that scrolls and is based on the training sequence)
Snake Park
Hobbiville

First Party, New Series:
Sector 1 (Mach Rider)
Murasame Castle
Sunset Beach
Gluglug Lagoon
JC Valley
Hotel Dusk

Third Party, New Series:
The Highway (Frogger)
The Underground
JC valley? curious choice

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Bowser's Castle
Waluigi Pinball
Koholint Island
Cobalt Coastlands
Area Zero
Literally ANYTHING from the Archanea games (Altea Castle, Chiasmir Bridge, the Fane of Raman, Macedon Aerie, Ice Dragon Temple, etc)
Lunar Sanctum
Jogging Route (Punch-Out!! stage that scrolls and is based on the training sequence)
Snake Park
Hobbiville

First Party, New Series:
Sector 1 (Mach Rider)
Murasame Castle
Sunset Beach
Gluglug Lagoon
JC Valley
Hotel Dusk

Third Party, New Series:
The Highway (Frogger)
The Underground
Gluglug Lagoon is an interesting choice for a Starfy stage. I always figured if he got one it'd just be Pufftop, since it's the kingdom Starfy is from, even if it's not really representative of his aquatic platformer style lol

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I didn’t even know you could block people on this site. I certainly haven’t blocked anyone. I do have pretty strong political views but I reserve that to private conversations and occasional Facebook posts and this definitely isn’t the place for that. I have noticed that there are a few posters here that like almost every post, which is cool. I’m sorry if you feel like you’re being ignored here, that wasn’t really my intention.
Nah honestly im getting tons of likes! So no worrys! I was just concerned! Thanks for the reply!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
JC valley? curious choice
There were a few options but, aesthetically speaking, a sterile underwater lab facility stands out the most out of the options.

Lake Juliet, the Edward Mansion, and the Clock Tower were all options as well, but JC Valley, to me at least, stands out the most.

ninjahmos

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Bowser's Castle
Waluigi Pinball
Koholint Island
Cobalt Coastlands
Area Zero
Lunar Sanctum
Snake Park
Hobbiville

First Party, New Series:
Sector 1 (Mach Rider)
Murasame Castle
Sunset Beach
Gluglug Lagoon
JC Valley
Hotel Dusk

Third Party, New Series:
The Highway (Frogger)
The Underground
I would LOVE to see Murasame Castle become a stage

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
People just straight up don’t seem to want newer titles not only as stages, but characters, bosses, assist trophies.

It’s disheartening.
I just straight up dont play most modern games so i wouldnt know what to pick for a stage, preferably i would want stuff from the 2000's which seems very overlooked in smash in general.

I don't understand why people ask for normal-sized humanoids like this or Akuma as Bosses.

If the dev goes to all that trouble making them, why wouldn't they just make them a Fighter?
Who says i wouldnt like Akuma as a fighter?
Its an easy cloning job after all.

Notice how im asking for "Shin" Akuma. AKA, the Boss battle version of Akuma who is a lot stronger and overpowered compared to the Akuma you actually get to play as in Street fighter.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I wonder how many people blocked me? i seem to only get likes from the same 3 people?
Can you see somewhere who blocked you?

Than again their loss its not like i just rant about politics i only rarely breach into that topic!
I even made a zero Politic Rant rule for my channel!

This rule will obviously be lifted if Link says: "Its time for heroes to end!" Before tossing away the master sword but that Probably wont happen... i hope!

And who knows maybe nobody blocked me? Who knows!
I didn’t even know you could block people on this site. I certainly haven’t blocked anyone. I do have pretty strong political views but I reserve that to private conversations and occasional Facebook posts and this definitely isn’t the place for that. I have noticed that there are a few posters here that like almost every post, which is cool. I’m sorry if you feel like you’re being ignored here, that wasn’t really my intention.
Taking a look, it seems there's an ignore button if you look at someone's profile, which I assume blocks them. I also remember someone saying that if you block someone who upsets people all the time the thread can devolve into "old man yelling at cloud" since you can't see the problem user's posts. lol

As far as likes go, I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like they do anything important. There might be a few achievements tied to them, but I don't even know where you find those once you get 'em. Other than that, it looks like most likes on this thread are gonna come from Ninjoahmos and Pup135, as they like almost every post in the thread.

Personally, I used to almost never like anyone's post. I do so a lot more often now (generally when you make me laugh, or if I feel like I'm in the middle of a conversation but have nothing more to add), but it's still not as often as the rest of the thread it seems.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honestly I really want a stage from Sonic Frontiers. I know it could be another grassy stage but it's so different from Green Hill Zone and Windy Hill Zone that I think it could work.

Giganto could even be a hazard.

I'd also love for a retro Star Fox stage if we aren't getting any new games. Give me one with old SNES graphics. Old Andross can even be a hazard.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Those people liked this post.
Yeah I definitely value some likes more than others just because some people like everything. Even when they actively disagree with what they are liking.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't see why anyone would add a like to something they disagree with. A like is equal to an "agree" in my mind.
That's generally what I do. But you sometimes see them.

A while back we had a user who liked EVERY SINGLE POST.

They aren't around anymore though.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I value every like I receive from Freezerburn :251:
Well yeah, he at least seems to know it's called the Like button, not the "I took a teeny-tiny glance at this post" button.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
To move away from this...

It's been a while since we got a Legendary Pokemon as a playable character. Most of the main boxart legendaries weren't feasible as playable characters. They have strange body types or are massive.

Both with Scarlett and Violet, we have Koraidon and Miraidon. They're humanoid. They're about the size of Bowser. They're feasible.

Instead of a starter like Meowscarada, what if we got Koraidon or Miraidon? How would you feel if we got one of them? Do you think they're possible?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Notice how im asking for "Shin" Akuma. AKA, the Boss battle version of Akuma who is a lot stronger and overpowered compared to the Akuma you actually get to play as in Street fighter.
I don't think that really qualifies as a real Smash Bros. Boss. Any more than that Sephiroth pre-launch event makes Sephiroth a Boss. That's just an Event Battle with a powered up version of a normal Fighter.

I wonder how many people blocked me? i seem to only get likes from the same 3 people?
Well...Pupp135 and ninjahmos Like almost every post by almost everyone.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

It's been a while since we got a Legendary Pokemon as a playable character. Most of the main boxart legendaries weren't feasible as playable characters. They have strange body types or are massive.

Both with Scarlett and Violet, we have Koraidon and Miraidon. They're humanoid. They're about the size of Bowser. They're feasible.

Instead of a starter like Meowscarada, what if we got Koraidon or Miraidon? How would you feel if we got one of them? Do you think they're possible?
I could see Miraidon, probably mostly because it's in Unite already I think.

That said, my personal choice if we get a Legendary is Ogerpon because of her specific Tera Forms that I feel like lend themselves to a Final Smash better than just like Meowscarada using Tera Grass or Miraidon using Tera Electric.

And also just because Ogerpon is a precious bean who is also not afraid to beat you to death with a club.

Noipoi

Howdy!

It’d be down with either as they’ve become some of my favorite legendaries. I lean more towards Koraidon, it’s a big primal beast that stomps around and turns into an asteroid, and it kinda looks like Toothless. But Miraidon is cool too, and has a lot of crazy moveset potential as a transforming robot motorcycle dragon.

The only thing that I think could hold them back is that maybe they wouldn’t one to pick one box mascot over the other, like how they didn’t want to play favorites with of the Three Houses lords and went with Byleth instead. Even though everyone would’ve liked any of the three lords way better :nifty:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

well I used to suggest cylizar as the middle ground between the two. perhaps not what you had in mind. I certainly wouldn't mind miradon in smash but I;m not fond of them playing favourites between versions. as for other legendaries well every now and then someone brings up orgepon and she's very feasible. and then are other ones like calyrax, kubfu, type null, the tapus they'd probably translate well. I think you could even shrink the regis down enough

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Another thing I like in regards to Ogerpon is that she actually has tons of animations for like kicks and vine attacks in SV because of the Synchro Machine letting you play as your Pokemon in the Terarium in Blueberry Academy.

They're a bit down in the biology section in the forms, but she has tons of different options for normals just from those attacks or new attacks based on them, plus her cudgel that she keeps under her cloak when not using it, and of course her different masks for at least 4 of her color palettes and Final Smash.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I wouldn't mind them. Would prefer Ogerpon though. That said, for a box legendary, Zacien is the closest one I would've liked to happen. Cause it's a doggo wielding a sword. What's not to like?

And if we got Zacien and a Dark Souls character? We can get Great Gray Wolf Sif as a Spirit.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Ogerpon would also be cool, and is the superior choice for a Gen 9 grass type. But considering it’s a Pokemon that’s locked behind dlc I’m not sure if they’d go for it.

Maybe they’ll be accurate to the source material and make her a DLC fighter
:4pacman:
I mean honestly, as long as I got Ogerpon, I'd be perfectly okay with that lmao, definitely my most wanted Pokemon addition right now.

I am curious how that might impact chances if it does at all, since the last Pokemon character we got was Incineroar, and that was before Pokemon started doing DLC for additions instead of extra games like USUM.

Then again, technically someone could trade you an Ogerpon even if you don't have the DLC (even though they wouldn't just trade their Ogerpon away lol) since all Pokemon become available for the purposes of trading and online battles in free updates, so it may not mean anything lol

Royaru

Smash Cadet
If I have to choose between Koraidon and Miraidon, I think Koraidon would be the best when it comes to adapting him as a fighter because of his body type, but I also think they won't give preference to one edition over the other so clearly. Still, in the anime they are using Scarlet for the academy so who knows.

Also, Im agree with what you have said about Ogerpon, he would be perfect as a fighter and could be easily adapted to Smash, plus with his masks he could be a fighter with a very interesting gimmick, and we know that Sakurai loves this kind of characters.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I want either Ogerpon or Tinkaton, stop with the starters, the box legendaries just wouldnt work too big and "long" quadraped body type. like I think a lot of you are forgetting how long Korai and Mirai would have to be to look like themselves in smash. Ivysaur works cause she's got a scrunched up body type anyway, but the riding dragons are spread out in comparison.

If I have to choose between Koraidon and Miraidon, I think Koraidon would be the best when it comes to adapting him as a fighter because of his body type, but I also think they won't give preference to one edition over the other so clearly. Still, in the anime they are using Scarlet for the academy so who knows.

Also, Im agree with what you have said about Ogerpon, he would be perfect as a fighter and could be easily adapted to Smash, plus with his masks he could be a fighter with a very interesting gimmick, and we know that Sakurai loves this kind of characters.
Ogerpon is a she, its a female only species. just fyi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gengar84

Smash Hero

I like both quite a bit and slightly prefer Koraidon from a pure design standpoint but I think Miraidon would be a bit more interesting as a fighter since it actually uses its wheels like a motorcycle and its futuristic animations could be really interesting. I never understood why they gave Koraidon wheels if it just runs normally on its legs.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I want either Ogerpon or Tinkaton, stop with the starters, the box legendaries just wouldnt work too big and "long" quadraped body type. like I think a lot of you are forgetting how long Korai and Mirai would have to be to look like themselves in smash. Ivysaur works cause she's got a scrunched up body type anyway, but the riding dragons are spread out in comparison.
If they were to be in Smash, the sandwich lizards would likely be in their “Apex Build” and “Ultimate Mode” forms, respectively. These are the forms they take on when they battle.

IMG_9213.jpeg

Essentially, they stand up to fight. So the quadruped thing wouldn’t be an issue.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Even if Koraidon and Miraidon aren't playable, I still fully expect them to be either Poke Ball summons (like Groudon, Kyogre, and Xerneas) or stage hazards on a theoretical Area Zero stage (since Area Zero holds the extra one that's much more hostile than the player's), possibly even both kinda like Palkia is in Ultimate.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If they were to be in Smash, the sandwich lizards would likely be in their “Apex Build” and “Ultimate Mode” forms, respectively. These are the forms they take on when they battle.

View attachment 393044

Essentially, they stand up to fight. So the quadruped thing wouldn’t be an issue.
OK apparently their body plans are a lot more different than I thought. Guess that means no cool packaged deal for us...Which probably just means we wouldn't get either at all.

I didn't think they'd be added before, but that kind of sours my opinion on the two in the concept itself.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
If both Gen 9 box legendaries were to get in, do you think it’d be a Simon/Richter situation, where one character echoes the other?
They’re similar enough that they could be echoes, but they’re also different enough that it’d be a disservice to both their characters I think. They really work best when their unique traits (a cocky, powerful dinosaur and an analytic battle machine) are on display.

Last edited:

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
If both Gen 9 box legendaries were to get in, do you think it’d be a Simon/Richter situation, where one character echoes the other?
Their bodies are too different, they can't be echoes of each other at all.

Speaking of echoes all this Bowser's Castle stage talk reminded me of how much I want Dry Bowser as an echo. I know people scoff at character variants but he's just so cool. Imagine an entrance animation where his bones slowly reassemble like a Dry Bones or a taunt where he mimicks Bowser's roar but his head falls off in the process and he has to screw it back on. He's such a goldmine when it comes to animation changes, sorta like Dark Samus.

Also, the Mario Wonder stage conversation reminded me. Some of the most memorable Wonders in that game involve the level being flooded with water or poles appearing. Should Smash introduce underwater swimming mechanics and/or pole climbing? It'd allow for more unique and varied stages.

Top Bottom