• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I’ve said it before but I’d legit be hyped for characters like Venom, Predator, Raphael, The Undertaker, and All-Might. Not saying that it’s at all likely or even a good idea but there’s definitely a ton of characters not originating from video games I’d love to play in Smash. Characters like Shrek and SpongeBob less so because I’ve never been personally invested in them. Either way, I don’t really expect any of that to happen as the games currently stand so I’m more that happy to stick to gaming specific characters.
Final Smash

Tombstone Piledriver

Rest. In. Peace.

Seriously that would be dope if Taker got in

But I see it being Rock, Cena, Cody, or Roman just because

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Final Smash

Tombstone Piledriver

Rest. In. Peace.

Seriously that would be dope if Taker got in

But I see it being Rock, Cena, Cody, or Roman just because
My favorite wrestlers of all time are Undertaker and Shawn Michaels. I think a character like the Undertaker makes the most sense for Smash because they can play into his supernatural elements. Like Undertaker could summon spirits in the old Wrestlemania the Arcade game. He’s been shown doing things like summoning lightning bolts on the actual shows too. I think I’d go with his 90’s purple gloves attire as the default outfit. That look was just so iconic. I also loved his Ministry look. Since he returned as a biker, he never quite captured that same level of coolness for me though.

To put it back on topic, I’d love to see Bugzzy from Kirby as another wrestling themed character. A character from the NES Pro Wrestling could be a fun retro surprise too.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Out of curiocity, I looked at the newcomers from the previous games on gimmickyness and complexity and...

Gimmicky and complex:
:ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultrobin::ultshulk::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultken::ultjoker::ultbanjokazooie::ultsteve::ultsephiroth::ultkazuya:
Gimmicky, but not complex:
:ultvillager::ultlittlemac::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter::ultcloud::ultkrool::ultisabelle::ultpiranha::ult_terry::ultbyleth::ultminmin:ultpyra:/:ultmythra::ultsora:
Complex, but not gimmicky:
:ultgreninja::ultpacman:
Neither complex nor gimmicky:
:ultpalutena::ultcorrin::ultinkling::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultincineroar:

I feel like a lot of people will disagree with me, since "gimmicky" is kind of poorly defined. I'm strapped for time, so I just went with vibes, but this list can definitely be refined with more rigid criteria. There's also a bunch of weird issues with it in general like Joker is complex, but not because of his gimmick. All in all I think it just depends on which characters are added, and possibly whether or not they're DLC.

As far as what I'd prefer...I think this current direction is fine. I'm always up for new ideas, even if they don't click with me.
How the HELL do you see WFT as gimmicky and complex?

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I think I'd prefer a dedicated Nintendo/non-gaming series game not so much because it would spoil Smash but more because it deserves its own individual release to really explore it. Splitting the difference via a single title with both third party franchises and fourth party ones just feels like it doesn't do full justice to either concept.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I think I'd prefer a dedicated Nintendo/non-gaming series game not so much because it would spoil Smash but more because it deserves its own individual release to really to really explore it. Splitting the difference via a single title with both third party franchises and fourth party ones just feels like it doesn't do full justice to either concept.
I like the idea of making a Nintendo vs X series like how Capcom does. There’s a ton of interesting options they could go with that wouldn’t necessarily have to be limited to gaming. Marvel and Shonen Jump could be interesting options.

Borskaboska

Smash Cadet
God I want a big budget modern one piece fighter so bad, if its a traditional anime fighter or something like smash either way. I've put some thought into who'd I'd pick for the roster, the problem is that if you have a starting size of like 30 (which is pretty big for most fighting games already), the strawhats alone would take up 1/3 of that just by themselves. And there's like a hundred other important characters that need to get in too.

If I had any say in it, I'd be ok with saving brook or chopper for DLC so that Spandam could get in base. He's got a sword that turns into an elephant, that's just bad ass. Not even to mention what he could do with calling in the other cp9 agents as assists or starting a buster call for an instant kill super.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I think a Capcom platform-fighter would be awesome! I mean, Capcom has done lots of crossovers, like Marvel VS Capcom, but we've never seen them make a platform-fighter that was solely (or mostly) dedicated to Capcom franchises.

Besides, I think the only time Capcom tried to make a platform-fighter was Onimusha Blade Warriors. Unless you count Power Stone.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Non-videogame characters would be a mess and I wouldn't care for them in the slightest.
I mean, I'd probably main Luffy or special agent Dale Cooper or Columbo. But they just don't fit in Smash.
The big three of common Next Smash topics:
1. Cuts
2. Echo Fighters
3. Non-Video Game content
Yeah, I support for more non-Video game content in a future Smash, but I'm getting a little tired of the same ol' thematics. Can't we have something new and undiscussed?

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Ace
God I want a big budget modern one piece fighter so bad, if its a traditional anime fighter or something like smash either way. I've put some thought into who'd I'd pick for the roster, the problem is that if you have a starting size of like 30 (which is pretty big for most fighting games already), the strawhats alone would take up 1/3 of that just by themselves. And there's like a hundred other important characters that need to get in too.

If I had any say in it, I'd be ok with saving brook or chopper for DLC so that Spandam could get in base. He's got a sword that turns into an elephant, that's just bad ass. Not even to mention what he could do with calling in the other cp9 agents as assists or starting a buster call for an instant kill super.
I mean, we're probably way off topic but I think that the 10 Straw Hats + 20 other fighters would be more than enough to satisfy most fans. Just make sure you put Ace, Crocodile, Doflamingo and Foxy the Silver Fox among those.
I'd love a Smash-style One Piece game by the way. They offer a similar blend of badass and goofy.

Though we often forget that Smash works in part because of the roster, but also because it is very very fun. Smash 64 only needed a measly 12 characters to become a hit.

Borskaboska

Smash Cadet
The big three of common Next Smash topics:
1. Cuts
2. Echo Fighters
3. Non-Video Game content
Yeah, I support for more non-Video game content in a future Smash, but I'm getting a little tired of the same ol' thematics. Can't we have something new and undiscussed?
Alright, what bosses do you want for the next smash? I think that's an under discussed topic. my picks are:
Nightmare from metroid (he's cute)
Cynthia from pokemon (she commands her garchomp to fight for her)
Akuma from Streetfighter (He's bossfight starts with the M Bison fake out)
Death Egg Robo from Sonic 2 (I dont think you could make that interesting a fight out of just the wrecking ball thing)
Lionel from Breath of the Wild (They're cool. My second pick for a zelda boss is Koloktos from SS)
Punished Tabuu

Last edited:

Borskaboska

Smash Cadet
I mean, we're probably way off topic but I think that the 10 Straw Hats + 20 other fighters would be more than enough to satisfy most fans. Just make sure you put Ace, Crocodile, Doflamingo and Foxy the Silver Fox among those.
I'd love a Smash-style One Piece game by the way. They offer a similar blend of badass and goofy.

Though we often forget that Smash works in part because of the roster, but also because it is very very fun. Smash 64 only needed a measly 12 characters to become a hit.
Ok imagine: it's a team based 3v3 fighter like FighterZ. Foxy has low damage and poor movement, but has a special move that allows him to steal your team mates and add them to his own team, potentially turning it into a 4v2 or 5v1. If he steals all your characters it's an instant win for him.

Also every character would have an alt wearing the foxy crew uniform for when they are on his team.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Ok imagine: it's a team based 3v3 fighter like FighterZ. Foxy has low damage and poor movement, but has a special move that allows him to steal your team mates and add them to his own team, potentially turning it into a 4v2 or 5v1. If he steals all your characters it's an instant win for him.

Also every character would have an alt wearing the foxy crew uniform for when they are on his team.
The Davy Back Games are what got me to drop One Piece but as a mechanic in a fighting game that actually sounds like it'd be interesting, albeit not to this extent as that'd be incredibly broken. A necromancer style character that could res downed teammates but could choose from their own or their opponents would be pretty cool.

BritishGuy54

Smash Ace
Re: Bosses

It is hilarious how much of the Smash fandom reminds me of Xenoblade 3’s Moebius Z. And it would be a cool boss in general.

Also, the theatre aesthetic could make it a nice meta joke if they wanted to as a boss. Also seeing reveal trailers on a big screen while fighting Z would be neat if they chose to do that.

Borskaboska

Smash Cadet
The Davy Back Games are what got me to drop One Piece but as a mechanic in a fighting game that actually sounds like it'd be interesting, albeit not to this extent as that'd be incredibly broken. A necromancer style character that could res downed teammates but could choose from their own or their opponents would be pretty cool.
I mean not to be that one fan who tells everyone they need to read one piece, but were you reading the manga or watching the anime? they add a lot of filler in the anime specifically in the daveyback fight, the manga version is genuinely better.
Even then, it's worth it to get past the arc because after that you get to water seven and enies lobby arc witch is some of the best in the whole series.

Masked Borb

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3140-1930-0932
Anyone got any cool stage ideas for a future Smash game? Here's some I've had for a while.

A stage based on Area Zero from Pokémon: Scarlet & Violet could be interesting. I could see it playing either like 3D Land (moving stage) OR Hollow Bastion (moving background), taking you through the multiple levels of the sparkly cave, with several Paradox Pokémon showing up in the background. I also see something similar in the event a stage based on the land, skies, and depths of Hyrule from TOTK.

A Bowser stage in general would be awesome. They could make it based on the classic bridge and axe combo from the 2D games, where occasionally have an axe show up, and the bridge collapses when someone attacks it, meaning you could fall in for a moment. Or maybe have a stage based on World Bowser from 3D World, with fun amusement park obstacles all in the way of the battle. A stage based on Castle Bowser from Wonder is also a possibility, with the weird, green goop in tow. But how does that explain playing as Bowser on that stage? ...Just say it's a copy made from the Wonder Flower or something, I dunno-

The Lor Starcutter could make for a stage similar to the Cloud Sea of Alrest, taking fighters through different level backgrounds from the Kirby series while fighting on the ship. Of course, there would be cameos from Magolor and other major & minor players from the series in this scenario.

Last one from me for now: Any industrial areas/levels would be nice. A new version of Wily Castle where you go IN the castle, or maybe a Chemical Plant or Press Factory stage. Anything.

Tell me what you've got! ...or not, it's fine either way-

Borskaboska

Smash Cadet
Anyone got any cool stage ideas for a future Smash game? Here's some I've had for a while.

A stage based on Area Zero from Pokémon: Scarlet & Violet could be interesting. I could see it playing either like 3D Land (moving stage) OR Hollow Bastion (moving background), taking you through the multiple levels of the sparkly cave, with several Paradox Pokémon showing up in the background. I also see something similar in the event a stage based on the land, skies, and depths of Hyrule from TOTK.

A Bowser stage in general would be awesome. They could make it based on the classic bridge and axe combo from the 2D games, where occasionally have an axe show up, and the bridge collapses when someone attacks it, meaning you could fall in for a moment. Or maybe have a stage based on World Bowser from 3D World, with fun amusement park obstacles all in the way of the battle. A stage based on Castle Bowser from Wonder is also a possibility, with the weird, green goop in tow. But how does that explain playing as Bowser on that stage? ...Just say it's a copy made from the Wonder Flower or something, I dunno-

The Lor Starcutter could make for a stage similar to the Cloud Sea of Alrest, taking fighters through different level backgrounds from the Kirby series while fighting on the ship. Of course, there would be cameos from Magolor and other major & minor players from the series in this scenario.

Last one from me for now: Any industrial areas/levels would be nice. A new version of Wily Castle where you go IN the castle, or maybe a Chemical Plant or Press Factory stage. Anything.

I've been saying since brawl that we need the distortion world from pokemon platinum. YES I am saying this because platinum was a formative experience for me, YES I realize gen 4 and platinum specifically is like 15 years too late to get representation in smash, NO I will not change my mind.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
There’s a lot of cool options for bosses. My biggest hangup is that if I really like a character, I usually want them as playable so I don’t often discuss things like bosses or assist trophies. Still, those are a great way for a character to at least get some representation in Smash since there’s a limit to how many playable fighters we can have. Here’s a few boss ideas I think could be fun:

Eternatus (Pokemon)
This thing is basically designed to be a boss. It has multiple stages of the fight with its own unique form just for that battle.

Hades (Kid Icarus)
I want Medusa as playable but Hades is another perfect option for a boss. He’s massive and he could smack talk you as you fight him which could be pretty funny.

Jenna Anderson (Astral Chain)
I’d rather see her playable too but I can settle for just Officer Howard. Jenna Anderson has such a cool design and is another character with several different forms as the battle progresses. At one point, she gets so big that she basically becomes the stage itself as you try to reach her main body.

Raven Beak (Metroid)
Another character that could easily work as a playable fighter but I can see him as a boss if they go with Silux instead for the playable role. Raven Beak has a ton of really cool moves for his boss fight in Dread to pull from.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Another stage idea I have is Maridia from Super Metroid. It would be the first ever stage in Smash history to allow players to fight underwater.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

The fact Bowser’s been in since 2001 and haven’t had a BOWSER stage is beyond me

making it happen, Sakurai!

Noipoi

Howdy!

I agree that Area Zero would be radical and imagining the remix alone gives me shivers

ninjahmos

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016

I've been saying this for awhile, but I wanna see a Casino Night Zone or Flying Battery Zone stage in Smash.

I also think a Metro City (Final Fight) stage would be pretty cool, along with a Geese stage from Fatal Fury.

Oh, and we definitely need a Bowser's Castle stage.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

well I’d like to see Lost Woods, Death Mountain and Lake Hylia from Zelda

from KH I’d love a tour stage set on Twilight Town

Rogueport from TYYD would be amazing

BritishGuy54

Smash Ace

Too much focus on Classic Sonic stages from everyone, there are more modern stages that would make great stages.

A stage from Unleashed or Colours would be fun to see. Rooftop Run, Eggmanland, Tropical Resort, and Planet Wisp all have unique aesthetics going on.

Bowser’s Castle would be fun to see, but I’m keeping it simple and going with the NSMBW incarnation.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I mean not to be that one fan who tells everyone they need to read one piece, but were you reading the manga or watching the anime? they add a lot of filler in the anime specifically in the daveyback fight, the manga version is genuinely better.
Even then, it's worth it to get past the arc because after that you get to water seven and enies lobby arc witch is some of the best in the whole series.
I was watching the anime, which I'm aware is rife with extended shots and filler, but I think it's more so the actual arc itself. Reading the manga will always be better in terms of pacing, but I just genuinely don't like the premise and characters of the arc, so even if the anime was dragging it out further, it just wasn't interesting to me. Which is a shame because I was actually quite enjoying myself including some of the filler like the brief couple episodes where they're stuck in the Marine base (and those episodes came directly before Davy Back ironically.) I do intend to go back and continue OP but I may just skip the rest of Davy if I'm being honest. I don't like skipping canon stuff, but that's just how much it lost my interest at that point.

Anyway, to actually get on topic for the thread.

RE: Bosses

:ultsamus:

I'd personally like to see Mother Brain (both versions) as well as Kraid. The latter feels like a perfect fit given there are already some platforming elements to his fight. Then of course Raven Beak, I know a lot of people want him as a fighter, but I'd honestly take a boss fight too.

:ultness:

Where's Porky?

:ultmarth:

I'm honestly surprised we haven't gotten an FE villain tbh. I'm not expecting a character but a boss for classic mode or something would have been nice. I'm not caught up on Heroes but there are a lot of cool options there. From the main series, I'd personally like to see Duma or Nemesis (pls add God Shattering Star next time...)

As for stages, so long as they take a step back from the super crazy layouts and go easy on the "first level/area" theming I'll be satisfied with most anything (I think...) And yeah, where's Bowser's Castle?

Borskaboska

Smash Cadet
well I’d like to see Lost Woods, Death Mountain and Lake Hylia from Zelda

from KH I’d love a tour stage set on Twilight Town

Rogueport from TYYD would be amazing
Rogue port should be one of the stages that makes your character 2D, like flat zone. I know they didn't do that with the other paper mario stage, but I think it'd be a nice touch.

I was watching the anime, which I'm aware is rife with extended shots and filler, but I think it's more so the actual arc itself. Reading the manga will always be better in terms of pacing, but I just genuinely don't like the premise and characters of the arc, so even if the anime was dragging it out further, it just wasn't interesting to me. Which is a shame because I was actually quite enjoying myself including some of the filler like the brief couple episodes where they're stuck in the Marine base (and those episodes came directly before Davy Back ironically.) I do intend to go back and continue OP but I may just skip the rest of Davy if I'm being honest. I don't like skipping canon stuff, but that's just how much it lost my interest at that point.
Yeah, LRLL tends to get some mixed responses from people, even the people who like it think it's at best just ok. If you do skip the davey back fight tho, an important character shows up on Long Ring Long Land right after the fight so be sure not to accidentally skip that part.

I like the davey back fight because they have a guy named Hamburger. Then 500 chapters later, they introduce another completely-unrelated character also named hamburger who looks like abraham lincoln.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Honestly this is probably gonna be a weird pick, but I'd like a Miitopia stage, something like New Lumos or Peculia.

Realistically this is just an excuse to get more Miitopia music, but who can blame me, that soundtrack is nothing but bangers.

I'd also like a new Kirby stage based on a more modern game since that series' stages are still stuck on the SNES in 1996, which will hit THIRTY YEARS either near when the next Smash comes out or during its marketing period. As for what it is, I'm not really picky; Lor Starcutter, the Dreamstalk, Access Ark, Jambastion, Lab Discovera/Alivel Mall...

Would also love an Area Zero stage, Hero's Hideaway from Pikmin 4 maybe (the house), Colony 4 or the City from Xenoblade 3, an actual good Paper Mario stage like Rogueport. A Bowser's Castle stage is long overdue.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Kind of an odd concept, but with Ghost Babel, MGS1 Integral, and MGS2 all on Nintendo consoles, I think you could get hell of an interesting aesthetic and gimmick concept out of a VR Missions level. Plenty of options for hazards, platforms, and possible enemies to mess around with while getting more Metal Gear music would also be a plus.

Last edited:

Masked Borb

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3140-1930-0932
Too much focus on Classic Sonic stages from everyone, there are more modern stages that would make great stages.

A stage from Unleashed or Colours would be fun to see. Rooftop Run, Eggmanland, Tropical Resort, and Planet Wisp all have unique aesthetics going on.
Now that you mentioned Colors/Colours, I think that Sweet Mountain could work as a cool Food stage/Industrial stage fusion!

Laniv

Smash Champion
Alright, what bosses do you want for the next smash? I think that's an under discussed topic. my picks are:
Death Egg Robo from Sonic 2 (I dont think you could make that interesting a fight out of just the wrecking ball thing)
Lionel from Breath of the Wild (They're cool. My second pick for a zelda boss is Koloktos from SS)
Punished Tabuu
Bring back Petey Piranha (if they're not gonna make him playable), Rayquaza (maybe Mega Evolving for a second phase?), and Porky (definitely turning off the Devil's Machine and releasing Giygas as a second phase). After that, maybe have Mother Brain and Dr. Wily perform double duty as Assist Trophies and bosses? Maybe give Metal Face a beefier moveset, too...

In terms of entirely new bosses:
Queen Sectonia
Necrozma
Death Egg Robot
Duon
Bashmaster
Rudy the Clown
Either Medeus in his Shadow Dragon form or Grima
Either Max Brass or Dr. Coyle, with Hedlok as a second phase
DJ Octavio (or maybe Overlorder)
Krow? (Kreepy Krow as a second phase)

Gangplank Galleon (K. Rool's classic ship. Kremlings will lollygag around in the background, cheering and booing for the fighters, and cannonballs will occasionally fall from the top to damage fighters)

Krocodile Core (walk-off stage, the kore occasionally spews out enemies that watch the battle)

Bowser's Castle (what can I say that hasn't already been said? Thwomps, lava, Podoboos, Fire Bars, the works)

Lor Starcutter (touring stage that travels to different locations from RtDL. Landia occasionally flies past and can be used as platforms)

Aensland Castle (never gonna happen but whatever. other Darkstalkers characters will hang around in the background like KOF Stadium)

Bomb Factory (insert SpongeBob joke here)

Blizzard on the Star Express (I like trains)

Grunty's Furnace Fun (a normal lava-themed Banjo-Kazooie stage... until Gruntilda shows up! When she appears, she hosts a quiz show where she asks questions about the characters and their home series, stages, items, and other gameplay elements! Fighters must jump on the platform with the correct answer, or else face a fiery fate... Guess where I lifted this idea)

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Bowser’s Castle would be fun to see, but I’m keeping it simple and going with the NSMBW incarnation.
The casino stage from Sonic Heroes would be wicked too. Imagine having this theme in it

robot067

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CARR#319
Switch FC
SW-3961-8884-7684
Alright, what bosses do you want for the next smash?
Persona has so many options for bosses.
Personally I would go with Nyarlathotep from persona 1 and 2. Smash is lacking in lovecraftian stuff in general. Seeing this creepy mf in HD would be so sick. He'd also be able to mimic characters like master core. Maybe he could even transform into the party members from innocent sin as a cool cameo. Although it could potentially be a really tedious fight if like in the game he's an amalgamation of multiple parts and you have to take out all of them. It's a 30-40 minute fight in innocent sin lol.

Anyone got any cool stage ideas for a future Smash game?
I've always wanted to see Neo Bowser City from Mario Kart 7. Smash could really use a cyberpunk stage.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's something gameplay related.

In Smash 4 Roy got a Brawl style retooling and decloning to separate himself from Marth. He was still clearly a Marth clone, but he was still very different from his Melee self.

Now that Ultimate has given this new Roy some extra refinement, do you think they did an adequate job with his decloning? Is he unique enough to be valuable? :roymelee::4feroy::ultroy:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Punished Tabuu
The giant bowser from Yoshi's island
Dr Eggman (Sonic the hedgehog)
Shin Akuma (Street fighter)
Darkside (Kingdom hearts)
Dr Wily (Megaman)

superprincess

Smash Journeyman
I'm convinced this whole ESRB thing is brought up as rage bait. There's no way y'all are seriously entertaining the idea of cutting Samus, Ness, and all the Fire Emblem characters. It's just kinda cringe when this is brought up as an actual thing that will impact the game's content. Content's super slow right now but I'm sure there's other things to talk about lol
Here's something gameplay related.

In Smash 4 Roy got a Brawl style retooling and decloning to separate himself from Marth. He was still clearly a Marth clone, but he was still very different from his Melee self.

Now that Ultimate has given this new Roy some extra refinement, do you think they did an adequate job with his decloning? Is he unique enough to be valuable? :roymelee::4feroy::ultroy:
I like the direction they took with the whole reverse grip thing and him being a rushdown swordfighter. It is still very unique despite the amount of swordies there are. There's some changes I like such as the changes to Flare Blade and Blazer, and others I don't like as much such as down tilt or making Double-Edge Dance a dupe of Marth's.

Overall, Project M did a better job decloning Roy than Smash 4 did lol.

Edit: one thing I forgot to note, I feel like they didn't go far enough with Roy. It feels like they had a concept laid out, went like 70% there, and then didn't commit to the rest of it. He just feels much more cloney than the rest of the semi clones, like Ganondorf, Falco or even Lucas. These guys still share DNA with their original characters but all their animations are redone, whereas Roy is still stuck with an ungodly amount of Marth moves. It's probably because money was running low during the Wii U era and they needed a quick easy fix for Smash 4's DLC#3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom