• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
And to nobody's surprise...
Love the minecraft pixel art of other characters' weapons

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Judging from the back, looks like the Links, Peach, Villager and Isabelle, Pac-Man, and Duck Hunt will be used
Cause they can pull items out of their inventory like Steve?

also I see Inkling’s Splattershot so I assume Inkling is in the tournament too

Simon/Richter too probably cause of the axe

New patch too
Probably to fix the stage glitch with Steve and Samus/Dark Samus

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Cause they can pull items out of their inventory like Steve?

also I see Inkling’s Splattershot so I assume Inkling is in the tournament too

Simon/Richter too probably cause of the axe

New patch too
Probably to fix the stage glitch with Steve and Samus/Dark Samus
Replays were available for a week and change and now they’re goin poof!

And yeah, I’m thinking the tourney theme is inventories.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
The axe in the background... It's not a minecraft axe, and it doesn't look like Villager's axe or Amyr. Could we be getting another axe user?
edit:damn you belmonts

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The 5 voiceline slots stuff is pretty interesting to see. If it's safe to assume that all 5 of these were to be filled, 1 of the Challenger Packs will include either a fighter with a male/female variant, a fighter with a different character for an alt, or a fighter and an echo.

Personally, I want it to be a fighter and an echo because a 2 for 1 kind of deal sounds great and will probably mean both characters get Amiibos that way instead of 1 of them getting left out for being an alt like FemByleth, and out of all the characters I can think of, Billy and Jimmy from Double Dragon sound the most ideal to me since they're both the main protagonists of their games even if they play completely the same.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Even if the slots for the voices of the characters line up perfectly in the menu a second time, I don't think I could ever consider it to be anything more than a coincidence.

The voice menu is just one of many different menus, and unlike the others, this one has a ⅙ chance of being perfectly aligned. Compare that to the menus for the character roster and stages which have 12-13 and 11 slots in each row respectively. There's also the nearly identical menu for music. Does it matter if that menu lines up, or are we gonna pretend character voices are the only ones that matter?

It's a neat coincidence, but that's all I think of it as — a coincidence.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
ResidentSleeper

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As for the tourney, I also see Duck Hunt’s Can, K. Rool’s... Cannon thing and Snake’s grenade

so I assume they’re in too

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
R.O.B.’s Gyro directly beneath Steve’s pickaxe.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Pretty sure the reason :ulthero3: was the one that got the most focus in trailer is because he’s the most well known DQ Hero in the West. DQIII was the best selling DQ over here all the way until 8 if I’m not mistaken.
He's also the most iconic Hero in Japan.

Are the Ice Climbers siblings or lovers?
Or?

"O-oniiichan~..."

What would an Ice Climber game today even look like? A 60-Dollar AAA title Ice Climber, where the game is all ice and you just climb all the time?
Breath of the Wild, but it's all cliffs?

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Well in the Case the CSS's will really line up

-Besides One of the characters needing to have an Alt Character, Only 2 of the Final 4 Characters can be from New Franchises, as the Music Selection screen has Two Spots left

-We will also need to get I Believe 2 or 3 new stages Separate from the Fighter Pass

On the Grinch Leak, It would have been cool if the Grinck Leak was actually an Old Planned roster that actually had both all Veterans in the game, and a Normal Amount of Newcomers (Gen 7 Pokemon would have still been decided going into 2017). Of course that's not the case because the Grinch Leak was planned with the Chadendorf 4chan post most likely, and there was that Rumor that Isaac was always planned as Assist Trophy

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
.....well this is like, half as cursed.
Honestly... after everything going on with the company behind that particular image the past two weeks, I needed something funny, even if it appears a little cursed.

Anyhow... been thinking. Since we likely had two tourneys skipped due to not having Steve at the time, would next week be the other skipped tourney?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Caption this
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins released today.
This is Wario's first work.

That's a rough translation of the Sakurai post.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I don't mean to dash anyone's hopes or anything, but Smash Bros. UI is never a good indicator of future content. As much as we humans like structure and think everything needs it... that is far from the case. Especially in a game like Smash Ultimate that is constantly evolving with its UI.

Structure is only good if there's additional substance behind it. A good example is Smash Ultimate's Max CSS. While 91 CSS icons looks good since it's a rectangle and stimulates our human goal towards structure... it's also the literal UI limit for the Character Selection Screen. Literally trying to enable anything past it... makes the game crash (or glitch out) because the developers didn't program anything more.

Not only that, but the 16 placeholders that exist in Smash Ultimate's param files (specifically in [spirits_campaign_enc_foto_param.prc] (or commonly known as the "WOL Placeholders") in 1.0.0 (I say 1.0.0 as this file does have a wonky revision history. If you're curious about that, here's the file's full history throughout the game's lifespan) and [attack_log_parameter.prc] (this file is A LOT more straight-forward thankfully with it retaining most of the same structure throughout all revisions)) directly correlate with the Max CSS as well. As... if you add 16 to the base game CSS icon count (75), you get 91.

So compared to something like using the voice test menu as an indicator, the Max CSS stuff at least has stuff corroborating it was intended.

(Note: This Max CSS stuff isn't relating to how many characters the game can handle. Just.... how much UI related to those characters could be displayed. UI stuff and Fighter IDs are totally different things. Also, this doesn't indicate future amounts of DLC post-FP2 (if we even get any, and all signs points toward "no", at least for now), this only talks about how much the game is programmed to handle. Of course, that could change in an update, but... 9 revisions in, and no changes at all.)

So... basically, shapes... while cool.... can be your worst enemy sometimes. So be careful unless something has other things corroborating it.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
An interesting implication regarding the voice lines is that it suggests who might not be playable. Unless we get a character with 3 or more voice lines, we won't be getting characters who are voiceless. This probably means we won't be getting characters like Bandana Waddle Dee (although some games like to give him a little squeak) unfortunately. And there other popular characters this rules out too imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom