• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
*Sakurai strikes a pose that makes him appear to be holding a sword.

Twenty or so people in this thread: "Oh my gosh, that's definitely my character!!"
An enemy in Crash 3 uses a sword. Therefore, Cash Banooca is in and Sakurai used that enemy as a reference to cleverly hide it :4pacman:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*Sakurai strikes a pose that makes him appear to be holding a sword.

Twenty or so people in this thread: "Oh my gosh, that's definitely my character!!"
Only one sword?

Ah man... It's not Lloyd... :(

D

Deleted member

I got off of FaceTime with Sakurai about 15 minutes ago, and he wanted me to inform the public "** the DLC, I'm tired of developing this **, I'm trying to go to the Bahamas. Fighter Pass 2 is cancelled, the rest was going to be Fire Emblem characters anyway."
Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude, Yuri, Oliver, and Gatekeeper.

Am I correct?

Last edited by a moderator:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The Horde playerbase is, like, 60% Blood Elves. :p

Myself included:
My horde characters were a Torrin and a Troll.

All I really remember about them is that the Torrin could turn into a bear, and that was awesome, and I got spawn camped as the Troll right outside the hut you come out of when you first make a character.

The character that I played the most was a Night Elf Hunter by the name of JumJum. He made friends with creatures by firing love beams and had a pet crocodile that my mom helped me tame, but mostly, I just saw how many different ways I could jump off of the tree and not die.

If you couldn't already tell, I was about 5 the last time I played World of Warcraft. The earlier comment was something my mom told me she would do until the devs hid emotes from the opposing faction.

Finally.

The Fire Emblem character we need.
I...

have no words...

EDIT: OK, I have one: What?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I...

have no words...
Oliver is a villain turned ally from the Tellius games (the ones Ike is from).

He's obsessed with beauty and sees himself as beautiful. He also obsesses over the beautiful Heron Laguz. At one point he buys one as a slave. Later he joins the good guys to try and protect that same Heron Laguz. No one wants to be his ally and Ike even asks him to rejoin the enemy army. Oliver refuses and Ike is stuck with him.

He's a bit more complex than he initially appears as he gently dotes on those he feels are beautiful (himself included) but he pretty much ignores everyone else.

He's also a funny meme. His damaged art in Heroes embraces this fact.

Fun fact, his theme song is in Smash.

Last edited:

Calane

Smash Ace
Most of the best DQ songs are in the first 4 games. Sugiyama has pretty much been getting worse over time, and he was no Uematsu to begin with.

That said, most of those best songs can also be heard in Builders and Theatrythm.
I dunno, I'd argue DQ VII has the best soundtrack in the series. Almost all of my favorite DQ songs come from it, lol.

Memories of a Lost World
Days of Sadness
Strolling in the Town
With Sadness in Heart
Heavenly Village
Garden Where Time Sleeps
Fighting Spirit
Sacrifice Dance

The entire game gives me this feeling I can't quite describe. I think the music helps a lot with that.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So, I get that Bandana Dee is popular and I’m fine with him playable but maybe in Smash 6. That being said, within the context of a Fighter’s Pass, what could he offer? Like...is there is a particular stage that is representing of Bandana Dee? Music? Spirits?

I’m having a hard time imagining one.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So, I get that Bandana Dee is popular and I’m fine with him playable but maybe in Smash 6. That being said, within the context of a Fighter’s Pass, what could he offer? Like...is there is a particular stage that is representing of Bandana Dee? Music? Spirits?

I’m having a hard time imagining one.
Two words.
Modern Kirby

We haven't got a stage from anything past Super Star
We haven't gotten a remix from anything past Squea Squad
There are loads of popular songs not in Smash and lots of unique locations to choose from.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Two words.
Modern Kirby

We haven't got a stage from anything past Super Star
We haven't gotten a remix from anything past Squea Squad
There are loads of popular songs not in Smash and lots of unique locations to choose from.
That’s the thing. Which one is highly represenive of Bandana Dee to justify having a Fighter’s Pack based on it? With Byleth, we got Three Houses. I know Bandana Dee is a staple in the series but it would feel weird, IMO, to have a Kirby Fighter’s Pass. Just as it would feel weird for a DK Fighter’s Pass for Dixie Kong or an Earthbound Fighter’s Pass for Porky. It even feels further stranger to suggest Waluigi could get a Fighter’s Pass. I can’t even imagine what that would look like.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
That’s the thing. Which one is highly represenive of Bandana Dee to justify having a Fighter’s Pack based on it? With Byleth, we got Three Houses. I know Bandana Dee is a staple in the series but it would feel weird, IMO, to have a Kirby Fighter’s Pass. Just as it would feel weird for a DK Fighter’s Pass for Dixie Kong or an Earthbound Fighter’s Pass for Porky. It even feels further stranger to suggest Waluigi could get a Fighter’s Pass. I can’t even imagine what that would look like.
I mean I don't think a fighter pass has to focus on one specific game, Terry's pass was more of an SNK general pass rather than focusing specifically on Fatal Fury.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I mean I don't think a fighter pass has to focus on one specific game, Terry's pass was more of an SNK general pass rather than focusing specifically on Fatal Fury.
Yet Fatal Fury wasn’t represented in Smash yet. Just as much as it would feel weird to have a general Fire Emblem fighter’s Pass if Byleth was included. So including content from other FE games.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yet Fatal Fury wasn’t represented in Smash yet. Just as much as it would feel weird to have a general Fire Emblem fighter’s Pass if Byleth was included. So including content from other FE games.
Eh, I don't think it's that weird. No weirder than getting an ARMS character when ARMS already had spirits anyway

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Difference is, Byelth came from one game specifically. Bandana Dee is a recurring character, so representing Kirby generally wouldn’t be that weird.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So does anyone know if the HW Age of Calamity showcase was already shown ?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom