• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
I was sort of thinking about the last time we got an announcement for Friday and presentation on Monday.

It was announced at 7am PST, which’d likely be the case when CP7’s presentation is announced.
Man you got me excited for a second

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
There's no way they'd do this, but imagine if they didn't announce a Sakurai Presents ahead of time and just dropped one some morning next week.

Even worse, imagine it isn't even a Sakurai Presents, they just randomly drop a newcomer trailer and update the site some random morning and then release the character patch later.

Again, literally 0% chance this happens, but I'll admit, it'd make me laugh. :p

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
There's no way they'd do this, but imagine if they didn't announce a Sakurai Presents ahead of time and just dropped one some morning next week.

Even worse, imagine it isn't even a Sakurai Presents, they just randomly drop a newcomer trailer and update the site some random morning and then release the character patch later.

Real PAC-MAN hours

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Good morning.

I'm pretty sure there's really nothing outside of Kriby Fighters 2 that had been significant lately, though that's a huge step-up.
Maybe THIS idea of 'recency' is part of the problem with the Smash community.
We say 'it's been a drought' quite rushedly. This month has been insane with Nintendo news. On top of everything else, we got a confirmation of a LEGACY MARIO collection that has already been released, as well as confirmation of a BotW prequel. That alone is on top of any other month of 2020. How much more do you expect from Nintendo? Two monster hunter games? Real life Mario Kart?

MooMew64

Real PAC-MAN hours
Major E3 presentation: Yo, here's Miis and and a goddess waifu. Have fun, bye.

Behind doors presentation that no one payed attention to until afterwards: Here's hecking Pac-Man, an actual industry icon that we didn't show off in our major presentation. Have fun, bye.:4pacman:

(Not at all throwing shade at Miis and Palutena by the way, just making a joke about how those were a bit odd to highlight over Pac-Man of all characters. I love :ultmiifighters: and :ultpalutena:.)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Pac:s reveal was fun cuz I accidentally left the smash site up overnight. (For reference I never really used social media that much back then. Mostly just used the Smash site to get my news)

Woke up the next day with the tab still open, clicked something, and BAM! Pac was right there

It's worth noting he was my most wanted at that point so I screamed pretty hard lol

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Pac:s reveal was fun cuz I accidentally left the smash site up overnight. (For reference I never really used social media that much back then. Mostly just used the Smash site to get my news)

Woke up the next day with the tab still open, clicked something, and BAM! Pac was right there

It's worth noting he was my most wanted at that point so screamed pretty hard lol
I've said this before, but for me, I woke up one morning thinking "why is PAC-MAN not in the game?", and then I go to check the site, and there he was.

I asked, and I did receive! lol

MooMew64

It's worth noting he was my most wanted at that point so I screamed pretty hard lol
I think Palutena was one of my most wanted, if not my outright most wanted back then along with Paper Mario.

And then Splatoon happened and I wanted them a whole bunch. Even voted for them in the ballot.

...It payed off eventually. :ultinkling:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
i wont be shocked if the char is just dropped with no warning with how nintendo has been lately
Honestly at this point it's possible, but I think Nintendo knows that one thing that create the "smash hype" is character trailer and reaction. If they shadow drop it, there will be no live reaction. That being said, they did shadow drop a whole Mario direct so yeah, everything is possible at that point.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord

Going back to the old DOJO reveal method, that would be quite an unexpected twist.

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe THIS idea of 'recency' is part of the problem with the Smash community.
We say 'it's been a drought' quite rushedly. This month has been insane with Nintendo news. On top of everything else, we got a confirmation of a LEGACY MARIO collection that has already been released, as well as confirmation of a BotW prequel. That alone is on top of any other month of 2020. How much more do you expect from Nintendo? Two monster hunter games? Real life Mario Kart?
I mean, tbf, if you're on a website dedicated to Smash, in a thread dedicated to SMASH, maybe people don't want those other games and want... Smash? A bit of a novel concept, I know.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Tonight's POTD from Sakurai shows us the beginning of the Castlevania franchise.

I wonder if a Galaga ship will show up in a future game from this series...

As for a reveal, anything is plausible outside of dropping the patch before the trailer.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Tonight's POTD from Sakurai shows us the beginning of the Castlevania franchise.

I wonder if a Galaga ship will show up in a future game from this series...

As for a reveal, anything is plausible outside of dropping the patch before the trailer.
Speaking of the pic in question, it's funny how we actually have two different iterations of the same mythological figure in Smash.

Medusa -- Kid Icarus Universe | Kid icarus, Kid icarus uprising, Icarus

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
i wont be shocked if the char is just dropped with no warning with how nintendo has been lately
I am really worried about this.

I want to have a genuine reaction to a newcomer reveal trailer. I feel like the Direct is going to be broadcast at some early hour when I have to go to work, and then when I get home to watch it on YouTube, some nitwit like LaxChris or Blocked Content is going to have the new character plastered all over their thumbnails. I feel like if you aren't able to watch the Direct live, you have a very low chance of seeing newcomer trailer without prior spoilers.

Guys. I know some of you will be able to watch the next Smash reveal live, whenever that happens. If I'm not able to watch it, I'm going to trust some of you to send me a link to the Direct via PM.

I wouldn't even be able to go into this thread because not even a second after the reveal everyone is going to be like OHHHH MY GOD GOKU IS IN SMASH without any spoiler tags. Everyone is just going to be screaming and posting the most spoilerly of pictures.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think for sure it’ll be one of these deals.

It’ll be a guessing game for everyone until they reveal the next fighter in the presentation

D

Deleted member

It’ll be a guessing game for everyone until they reveal the next fighter in the presentation
YOU ALMOST HAD ME THERE FOR A MOMENT.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!

It won't be a guessing game when I'm at work and my phone notifies me of a Kotaku article spoiling the name of the character in the headline...

cashregister9

Smash Hero

What is with this thread tonight and near heart attacks with the old tweets

Last edited:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

I am curious to see what ways not only Sakurai will hint at it in the thumbnail but all of the bizarre reaches this fandom will make. This time won't I blame them though considering how Sakurai hinted at Byleith in a way that took a giant continent size leap over everyone's head just through the thumbnail.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Comes back to thread and sees 3-4 new pages

Sees "Join Super #SmashBrosUltimate Director"

Gets a little excited

Clicks "Click to Expand"

Sees the date

...Damn

Sees another post with "Join Super #SmashBrosUltimate Director"

Clicks "Click to Expand"

I'm going to bed.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Leave skinny wrestlers alone they're sick as **** I swear.
Cruiserweight matches are the best matches.

I'm a rising DQ fan with three (almost four since I'm nearing the end of DQXI) games under my belt and I still don't quite understand the heaps of praise given to the soundtracks.
Most of the best DQ songs are in the first 4 games. Sugiyama has pretty much been getting worse over time, and he was no Uematsu to begin with.

That said, most of those best songs can also be heard in Builders and Theatrythm.

Y'all ain't ready for the World of Warcraft debates.

Horde vs Alliance like it's 2004 leggo.
That's why they sidestep it and go Illidan or Lich King.

/think the Horde looks ugly.
The Horde playerbase is, like, 60% Blood Elves. :p

Myself included:
1601095193881.png

Which pill would you take?
All of my most wanted are 3rd party.

Given Sega's recent old franchise revitalizations as of late, it wouldn't surprise me to see them get an indie studio to do either a remake of or sequel to the 2D Phantasy Star titles.

Once you're willing to revive Alex Kidd, anything's on the table.
REMAKE SKIES OF ARCADIA!!

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am curious to see what ways not only Sakurai will hint at it in the thumbnail but all of the bizarre reaches this fandom will make. This time won't I blame them though considering how Sakurai hinted at Byleith in a way that took a giant continent size leap over everyone's head just through the thumbnail.
I actually have as much fun speculating about the next fighter as the next thumbnail. It’s pretty amazing the era of Smash we are living in where I can get excited theorizing what sort of pose Sakurai will do in the thumbnail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom