• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The only Smash dream I've had was about Min Min's reveal, and she looked very different.
I've dreamt about Isaac being in Smash...with a moveset more appropriate for Sol Badguy. Years ago I also dreamt about Plusle and Minun being confirmed for Smash 4 and for some reason 75m was confirmed to return alongside them.

...I got one thing right at least.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
My Smash dreams weren't regulated to just fighters though.

I once dreamt they added a Chun Li assist trophy, but all her voice clips were ripped straight from SFII and terribly muffled.

I think my most amusing one was regarding an Angry Birds assist where the slingshot would appear, firing off a couple birds. Actually pretty feasible all things considered and now I kinda want it lol.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
back in the base game days i had a dream that a bunch of nes characters had been revealed, which included hayabusa and billy/jimmy lee off the top of my head

then in i wanna say july of this year?, i dreamed there was a direct except it was like an hour-and-a-half long and kiryu was revealed to be cp7 and an advance wars revival was announced

and uhhhh i think that's pretty much it for my smash dreams

D

Deleted member

I have had a dream where Steve and Phoenix Wright were in Smash.

This dream will most likely not come true, but it is interesting.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I remember dreaming an aged-up Mechanica with actual ARMS and no mech suit would be the ARMS rep. Mechanica gaining actual ARMS and being the new protagonist of ARMS 2 was a theory I entertained back then, so I can see where it came from.

There was also a really weird on where Reimu was in Smash, except she was just some sort of Mii add-on, except she had so much customization options she might as well be a new fighter or something. I dunno what was even going on there.

D

Deleted member

If we're talking about dreams, I had a dream when Heihachi is a DLC character. And well, look what happened to him.

Haha hopefully none of my most wanteds appear in my dreams...

Also, I'm not really interested in Heihachi so idk why I dreamt him being a DLC character for.

Last edited by a moderator:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So the talk about Young Link got me thinking yesterday:

I think most people would agree that incorporating masks into Young Link's moveset would be the ideal approach, but it also doesn't really warrant making three new characters that are also all Link. However, the masks are more like very specialized tools in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask right? So what if the Deku, Zora, and Goron Link transformations weren't full characters, but half characters with only four attacks (similar to how Min Min's Neutral Attack, Forward Tilt, Forward Aerial, Neutral Special, and Side Special are all the same attack), and maybe a grab.

They'd all use the Song of um...Soaring? was it? as their :GCU::GCA:/:GCB: (it's a teleport recovery), and transforming into all of the forms gave Young Link different attributes as expected:
  • Deku Link would have about 6 jumps (albeit smaller ones), the weird Snot Bubble thingy as his :GCN::GCA:/:GCB:, his Dash as his :GCR:/:GCL::GCA:/:GCB:, and a Deku Nut would be his :GCD::GCA:/:GCB:.
  • Goron Link would have his punch combo as his :GCN::GCA:/:GCB:, his rolly dash thingy as his :GCR:/:GCL::GCA:/:GCB:, and some sort of ground pound as his :GCD::GCA:/:GCB:.
  • Zora Link would have his own melee attack combo as his :GCN::GCA:/:GCB:, his fin boomerangs as his :GCR:/:GCL::GCA:/:GCB:, and his fin shield as his :GCD::GCA:/:GCB:.
In exchange for not having full movesets, Young Link would be able to transform into them instantly similar to how his mask works in Hyrule Warriors.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So since I brought him up, what do you all think about Frank West's chances? Him being a Capcom character doesn't help because of Phoenix and Dante, but I still think people sleep on him.

If I remember correctly, Dead Rising has sold about 13 million units. Frank West is able to use anything in a mall to his advantage, even being able to combo weapons together. Here are just a few weapons you can pick up or create:
  • Spiked Bat
  • Electric Chair
  • Flaming Gloves
  • Electric Crusher (Pretty much Mjolnir)
  • Electric Rake
  • Freeze Bombs
  • RC Helicopter with saw blades
  • Laser Sword
  • Snowball Cannon
  • And on top of all this, a teddy bear that can shoot weapons.
I would also recommend watching gameplay of Frank in UMvC3 to see some other ridiculous stuff he can do.

While Dead Rising doesn't seem to be the type of game that fits with Smash, it's actually quite over the top and cartoonish. You can even wear a Lego hat and you can even unlock Mega Man's Mega Buster. Not to mention Frank is charismatic and can be funny.

I just beat Dead Rising 3 so I'm quite into Dead Rising right now, and even then I got into the series a long time ago. So I would love it if Frank became playable and there are some really good tunes as well.

D

Deleted member

Gee, it sure is boring around here...

Smash news would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I've had multiple Smash dreams:
  1. A game awards reveal where a silhouette was shown in a dark blue room and it turned out to be Tetra.
  2. A Capcom Pro Tour themed wrestling match was happening and Mike Haggar was revealed (this dream is what made me write that one Haggar article).
  3. This weird dream I had a few days before the ARMS Direct on how it'd go (which I posted in another thread):
  • There was a new stage that took place on a model trainset.
  • I thought about the Mimiga Village theme from Cave Story and started choking to death on my tears while my brother watched.
  • I tried to take a video of the Direct, but some random guy walked in front of me and had his shadow block everything.
  • ARMS Trailer (shown at the end for some reason):
    • A bunch of brand new ARMS characters were shown with some weird looking Pixar dragons who are evil scientists, making me think one of them would be the character.
    • Suddenly a shot of a volcano is shown and Min Min's yellow arm stretches out.
    • Gameplay of Min Min fighting where she had some weird special move that would summon some giant green monster thing that is the size of Final Destination.
    • Ending of the trailer was Min Min leaving some farm area, but then a bunch of shadow enemy things were gonna attack some villagers and she stayed behind to defeat them.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So since I brought him up, what do you all think about Frank West's chances? Him being a Capcom character doesn't help because of Phoenix and Dante, but I still think people sleep on him.

If I remember correctly, Dead Rising has sold about 13 million units. Frank West is able to use anything in a mall to his advantage, even being able to combo weapons together. Here are just a few weapons you can pick up or create:
  • Spiked Bat
  • Electric Chair
  • Flaming Gloves
  • Electric Rake
  • Freeze Bombs
  • Laser Sword
  • Snowball Cannon
I would also recommend watching gameplay of Frank in UMvC3 to see some other ridiculous stuff he can do.

While Dead Rising doesn't seem to be the type of game that fits with Smash, it's actually quite over the top and cartoonish. You can even wear a Lego hat and you can even unlock Mega Man's Mega Buster. Not to mention Frank is charismatic and can be funny.

I just beat Dead Rising 3 so I'm quite into Dead Rising right now, and even then I got into the series a long time ago. So I would love it if Frank became playable and there are some really good tunes as well.
They could tie in his camera skills into moveset upgrades, like in UMvC3 MvCI doesn't exist.

It works because in the games he's in, taking pictures is a good way to get PP (Dead Rising's equivalent of XP) based on how good the pictures are.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
So the talk about Young Link got me thinking yesterday:

I think most people would agree that incorporating masks into Young Link's moveset would be the ideal approach, but it also doesn't really warrant making three new characters that are also all Link. However, the masks are more like very specialized tools in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask right? So what if the Deku, Zora, and Goron Link transformations weren't full characters, but half characters with only four attacks (similar to how Min Min's Neutral Attack, Forward Tilt, Forward Aerial, Neutral Special, and Side Special are all the same attack), and maybe a grab.

They'd all use the Song of um...Soaring? was it? as their :GCU::GCA:/:GCB:, and transforming into all of the forms gave Young Link different attributes as expected:
  • Deku Link would have about 6 jumps (albeit smaller ones), the weird Snot Bubble thingy as his :GCN::GCA:/:GCB:, his Dash as his :GCR:/:GCL::GCA:/:GCB:, and a Deku Nut would be his :GCD::GCA:/:GCB:.
  • Goron Link would have his punch combo as his :GCN::GCA:/:GCB:, his rolly dash thingy as his :GCR:/:GCL::GCA:/:GCB:, and some sort of ground pound as his :GCD::GCA:/:GCB:.
  • Zora Link would have his own melee attack combo as his :GCN::GCA:/:GCB:, his fin boomerangs as his :GCR:/:GCL::GCA:/:GCB:, and his fin shield as his :GCD::GCA:/:GCB:.
In exchange for not having full movesets, Young Link would be able to transform into them instantly similar to how his mask works in Hyrule Warriors.

Thoughts?
My vision of a Mask Link moveset would be along the lines of Rick/Kine/Coo from Star Allies or Cecil from Dissidia, in that transformations are automatic and contextual, and also double as actual attacks. so Up B would be Deku Link's recovery. Side B would be Zora Link's boomerangs, Down B would be Goron Link's rollout, and while each form would only have one Special move each, they would have unique normal jabs/grabs/aerials each.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

• Spiked Bat
  • Electric Chair
  • Flaming Gloves
  • Electric Rake
  • Freeze Bombs
  • Laser Sword
  • Snowball Cannon

Capcom Vancouver shut down in 2018 so the future of the series is uncertain. Because of this I don't think they'd choose him especially when they have other characters like Phoenix and Dante.

Honestly though Frank is probably my most wanted Capcom character. The first two games are some of my favorites and I've spent so many hours in Off The Record. He has so much potential both with his camera and from the combo weapons in DR2.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

• Spiked Bat
  • Electric Chair
  • Flaming Gloves
  • Electric Rake
  • Freeze Bombs
  • Laser Sword
  • Snowball Cannon

I like Frank West and he would be cool with a lot of moveset potential but I don't see him being picked over other Capcom characters unless Capcom pushes for him but then I see them going for either Dante or Monster Hunter instead.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
My vision of a Mask Link moveset would be along the lines of Rick/Kine/Coo from Star Allies or Cecil from Dissidia, in that transformations are automatic and contextual, and also double as actual attacks. so Up B would be Deku Link's recovery. Side B would be Zora Link's boomerangs, Down B would be Goron Link's rollout, and while each form would only have one Special move each, they would have unique normal jabs/grabs/aerials each.
I think that might also be a bit too much work for them to be considered a single fighter. Such a dynamic would likely be be more equivalent to Byleth, but a bit stranger because using a specific "weapon" in this case would change all of Young Link's attributes.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I've had dreams about Smash before, but unfortunately I can't remember specifically what they were about other than some kind of a reveal.

I feel like I probably dreamt about Waluigi getting revealed at some point, though, and then feeling very disappointed when I woke up, lol.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I feel like I probably dreamt about Waluigi getting revealed at some point, though, and then feeling very disappointed when I woke up, lol.
I didn't dream about Waluigi being in Smash, but I did have a dream where he lived with me and my family (or at the very least, was a close enough friend to have dinner with us). There was also some anime girl I didn't really recognize (she was predominantly light blue and white in color scheme for those interested), and Waluigi had a crush on her.

After that the dream took a different turn and I ended up being taken to a roman style coliseum and winning a pillow fight battle royale where the objective was to knock everyone else off of the platform.

...I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I didn't dream about Waluigi being in Smash, but I did have a dream where he lived with me and my family (or at the very least, was a close enough friend to have dinner with us). There was also some anime girl I didn't really recognize (she was predominantly light blue and white in color scheme for those interested), and Waluigi had a crush on her.

After that the dream took a different turn and I ended up being taken to a roman style coliseum and winning a pillow fight battle royale where the objective was to knock everyone else off of the platform.

...I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.
Madly jots down notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom