• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
fixed it for ya:4pacman:
It is the year 2021. The previous year ended not with a plague, but with light. Those that fought the light were consumed by it. Those that didn't lost their physical bodies, and were forced to inhabit clones of the fighters. Queen Elisabeth is the only one left standing. She must now embark on a journey to free the captured souls of the world.

"Colors weave into a spire of flame!
Distant sparks call to a past still unnamed.
Bear this torch against the cold of the night.
Search your soul and reawaken the undying liiiiiiiiiiight!!!"

SKX31

Smash Master
So the talk about Young Link got me thinking yesterday:

I think most people would agree that incorporating masks into Young Link's moveset would be the ideal approach, but it also doesn't really warrant making three new characters that are also all Link. However, the masks are more like very specialized tools in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask right? So what if the Deku, Zora, and Goron Link transformations weren't full characters, but half characters with only four attacks (similar to how Min Min's Neutral Attack, Forward Tilt, Forward Aerial, Neutral Special, and Side Special are all the same attack), and maybe a grab.

They'd all use the Song of um...Soaring? was it? as their :GCU::GCA:/:GCB: (it's a teleport recovery), and transforming into all of the forms gave Young Link different attributes as expected:
  • Deku Link would have about 6 jumps (albeit smaller ones), the weird Snot Bubble thingy as his :GCN::GCA:/:GCB:, his Dash as his :GCR:/:GCL::GCA:/:GCB:, and a Deku Nut would be his :GCD::GCA:/:GCB:.
  • Goron Link would have his punch combo as his :GCN::GCA:/:GCB:, his rolly dash thingy as his :GCR:/:GCL::GCA:/:GCB:, and some sort of ground pound as his :GCD::GCA:/:GCB:.
  • Zora Link would have his own melee attack combo as his :GCN::GCA:/:GCB:, his fin boomerangs as his :GCR:/:GCL::GCA:/:GCB:, and his fin shield as his :GCD::GCA:/:GCB:.
In exchange for not having full movesets, Young Link would be able to transform into them instantly similar to how his mask works in Hyrule Warriors.

Thoughts?
That could work - given that :ultpokemontrainer: 's Pokemon have different strengths (and weaknesses). Deku and Zora Link do kind of run into each other since the Nut and the Boomerang sound a little too similar as straightforward projectiles. Although one could fix that by altering the two projectiles' respective knockback angles and base knockback to give them different purposes, so it's not an overwhelming concern.

One would have to account for the fact that he'd lose a lot of his CQC abilities, so the new abilities would have to consider that. Min Min's balance is kind of precarious because she has inherently less attacks - meaning that the attacks she has are even more central to her (how good the ARMS attacks are for example). So that would count for Revised Young Link too.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I once had a dream that a new Smash game was revealed and the only playable characters were Mario, Link, Pikachu and Kirby. The only stage was Battlefield.

They went back to their Brawl visuals and playstyles.

It was kinda awful.

D

Deleted member

Do all of you think Baboom will be in Smash? I am confident in Baboom's choices, because they ALWAYS win.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
If we're sharing Smash dreams then I have this one that i shared in the Geno thread months ago.

Guys! I had the craziest dream about Geno right before I got up!

So it all started out with a trailer of Mario beating up this dragon and then after a while he puts on a pink bandanna and wears it around like a Ninja for some reason and then he kills the dragon with a Sheik dash attack with an explosion. We see a figure jump out from the smoke and I saw Toadette with the splash screen and I was like "What? That doesn't make any sense!" but strangely enough she wasn't even part of the Fighters Pass nor announced as a character for additional DLC!

Then the next trailer starts up and I see this parade going on in live action with the Smash cast running along in their in-game models (It's like they don't even fit in and they just layered it over with blue or green screen) and they wear those weird summer clothes from that Japanese New 3DS commercial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVD9EsJgUTE). then the camera pans to this dude who was smiling but it quickly fades as he realises there is someone missing. The scene then transitions to him by his car with his car bonnet open, trying to get his stuff out and then a figure in the far back of the boot appears that looks like Geno, he gets surprised as he turns around but it turns out to be a Labrador dog with a PNG image of Geno's hat and eyes that look like they were done poorly in Flash, the eyes shift from left to right. The guy slaps the stuff off of the dog as it then jumps out of the vehicle. Next this guy and his dog walk through the park but then everyone in this park starts running over to a lone tree like something amazing is happening. They all surround the tree and see this leather book nailed to the tree as the video fades out. The screen then transitions to the fighters pass line up and the fifth slot opens up to reveal Geno with his face covered up by Majora's mask and the name given to him is "Storytelling bad guy" for whatever reason! Then the presentation ends, no splash screen and gameplay was shown.

It was a pretty daft dream but I thought I'd share it with you guys because it was weird and relevant to Geno.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Relevancy usually doesn't apply to third-parties the same way it does with first-parties.

Actually, a majority of the third-parties in Smash weren't doing much of anything when they were announced.
As far as I know, that only applied to four characters: Mega Man, Simon, Richter, and Banjo & Kazooie.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Relevancy usually doesn't apply to third-parties the same way it does with first-parties.

Actually, a majority of the third-parties in Smash weren't doing much of anything when they were announced.
There's also the massive outliers in Terry and Banjo.

Banjo didn't have a game since 2008.

And if you remove the appearances in King of Fighters, which itself is SNK's own multi-franchise crossover like what Smash is to Nintendo (but with some OCs too), the last SNK game Terry was in was in 1999. To put things into perspective, Nintendo still owned Rare at that time and we only had one Smash game.

So yeah, relevancy doesn't really matter as much as it does for first-parties when it comes to third-parties as long as they have the legacy and/or fan demand to back themselves up.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Hungrybox was indirectly part of my dream last night. We were gonna have people over now and again, there was a white witch haunting my bathroom who could tell people to leave. Anyway my mom said Hbox was coming over. He never actually did. Shame, I was looking forward to fighting his Ultimate Puff

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
One time I had a dream where Phoenix was revealed for Smash, but rather than reveal it through an online announcement, Nintendo set up a projector to shine against the side of a building and only showed the reveal trailer there. Luckily I was in a movie theater next door to that building so I was able to catch the end of it.

I think I had that dream around the time Persona 5 Royal had that promotional campaign where they shined the logo against buildings and the voice actors took selfies in front of it, so that was probably on my mind

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
One time I had a dream where Phoenix was revealed for Smash, but rather than reveal it through an online announcement, Nintendo set up a projector to shine against the side of a building and only showed the reveal trailer there. Luckily I was in a movie theater next door to that building so I was able to catch the end of it.

I think I had that dream around the time Persona 5 Royal had that promotional campaign where they shined the logo against buildings and the voice actors took selfies in front of it, so that was probably on my mind
Wouldn't be the first time Nintendo showed off a reveal trailer in a situation where only certain people could see it.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Wouldn't be the first time Nintendo showed off a reveal trailer in a situation where only certain people could see it.
Nope. Smash 4 has two of these kinds of moment.

Pac-Man in E3 2014 was exclusive to an E3 roundtable and Shulk was in a Japan-only Direct.

Both ended up being released publically over time, but the initial reveal was still exclusive to some people or region.

EDIT: ... I think I'm tired because I thought that was a question when I wrote this >-<

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Nope. Smash 4 has two of these kinds of moment.

Pac-Man in E3 2014 was exclusive to an E3 roundtable and Shulk was in a Japan-only Direct.

Both ended up being released publically over time, but the initial reveal was still exclusive to some people or region.

EDIT: ... I think I'm tired because I thought that was a question when I wrote this >-<
Was WFT behind closed doors before being shown to the public too?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I also had a dream that Jasper from Steven Universe was chasing me and shot me with a gun.

Not Smash related, just felt like mentioning it
Were you being weak? I heard she doesn't like that.

I once had a dream that a new Smash game was revealed and the only playable characters were Mario, Link, Pikachu and Kirby. The only stage was Battlefield.

It was kinda awful.
Bruh that was the first part of the Brawl reveal trailer

D

Deleted member

I had a dream that a bat-wielding Winnie the Pooh was chasing me Scoob and Shaggy through one of those spooky funhouse mansions where there are 50 sets of stairs that go wherever they feel like and I think it was because I played too much Home Run Derby. Also it had something to do with Smash but I don't remember it's been a few years.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You guys are lucky,

The only Smash dreams I get is me getting in a car crash before the second Pass's lineup is revealed, so I never know how it ends.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Discussing dreams...?

I already talked about this in the past, I can't remember when I dreamed about it but probably it was before Min min was revealed (can't remember if before or after the guess game).
I had a strange dream where I was somewhere and there was a paper on the wall, with all the FP characters on it. I'm sure that there were "Ring Fit Girl" (yes, girl only, and it was called this way), De Blob, Goldeneye (it was James Bond but it was called "Goldeneye" for some reason, probably the same reason for why the Duck Hunt dog is called Duck Hunt, the name of the game they're based off); others I kinda remember but I'm not completely sure: 2B, and maybe Phoenix Wright but I really can't remember. I totally can't remember the sixth one.

If it was a distorced premonition, probably Ring Fit Girl was a hint to Min Min, so... "Goldeneye" was wearing a white jacket and sunglasses for some reasons, who could it be? (probably someone very borderline 3rd/4th party, or a scrapped concept from past Smash games); and what about De Blob?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Whatever smash related dreams I had I've more or less forgotten at this point.

The only one I still vaguely remember was seeing a still image of Ness and a few other characters on Brawl's Battlefield stage prior to Brawl's release.
The interesting part was that Ness looked exactly as how he ended up looking like when he was finally officially revealed/leaked...

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
While we're on the topic of dreams, I dinstinctly remember having a dream back in early 2018 where I dreamt that Daisy, Ridley, the Belmonts, Chrom, Dark Samus, K. Rool, Isabelle, Incineroar, Pirahna Plant, Joker, 4 Dragon Quest Heroes, banjo and Kazooie, terry, and some blue haired FE avatar with multiple weapons, and Min min would join Smash.

Sure was a wacky dream now that I remember it.

Just last week I had another Smash related dream that CP7 would be Fortnite Jonesy, CP8 would be Mallow from SMRPG, CP9 would be Urshifu from Sw/Sh, CP10 would be an Octorok, and that CP11 would be Reggie himself.

Boy wouldn't that be something?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
We're on day 500 of our fixed RTC schedule, and what it is might surprise you.
It's an argument in the making, that's what. I'm still half-expecting to get slammed for my list.

Ah well, it's not like we haven't done that on either threads already. I'd expect we'd have learned to keep fire extinguishers on hand at all times by now; If not, I will be very disappointed in you all.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
CP11 would be Reggie himself.
It's a Hero situation, with each alt being a different employee of Nintendo, be they current, former, dead or alive, so cover Nintendo's gaming history

Reggie Fils-Aime, Satoru Iwata, Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Eiji Aonuma, Yoshiaki Koizumi, Kensuke Tanabe and finally, Masahiro Sakurai himself

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master

It was kinda awful.
NO :foxmelee:?

ITEMS?

NO FINAL DESTINATION?!

That would be true Smash hell. :4pacman:

It's a Hero situation, with each alt being a different employee of Nintendo, be they current, former, dead or alive, so cover Nintendo's gaming history

Reggie Fils-Aime, Satoru Iwata, Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Eiji Aonuma, Yoshiaki Koizumi, Kensuke Tanabe and finally, Masahiro Sakurai himself
Shuntaro Furukawa and :bowsette: wonder why they've been excluded. :4dedede:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

“In all seriousness, next time he does decide to go and make a Smash Bros. game, I’m seriously going to tell him, ‘Put in Travis Touchdown. Come on, put him in the game.’ So every time we talk about this, partially in the middle he listens, he starts to laugh, and that laugh trails off into, ‘ha ha…’. This time Sakurai-san, I’m not going to let you go. You’re not getting away.”
RIP Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom