• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Bayonetta, Corrin, and Byleth are bi
Ike is a big mystery. Some people say he's gay, others say he's ace, others still say he's straight because of Priam.
I've heard that Isabelle is also bi, but I don't know how true that is.
Wait, where was this Confirmed? I Played Both Bayo 1 and Bayo 2, but I Don't remember this being confirmed in Story. Then again the Story is kinda a blur for me anyway (Need to replay it)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Wait, where was this Confirmed? I Played Both Bayo 1 and Bayo 2, but I Don't remember this being confirmed in Story. Then again the Story is kinda a blur for me anyway (Need to replay it)
I never played Bayonetta, I'm just parroting what others have said. Apparently Kamiya made a twitter poll that mentioned Bayonetta + Jean as a couple.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Bayonetta, Corrin, and Byleth are bi
Ike is a big mystery. Some people say he's gay, others say he's ace, others still say he's straight because of Priam.
I've heard that Isabelle is also bi, but I don't know how true that is.
We probably shouldn’t be talking about this kind of stuff.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I am no expert on Smash Bros. Ultimate.

How many LGBTQ+ characters are fighters in Smash Bros. Ultimate?

I know a few, but I am sure someone can provide a better list.
Canonically? Only Corrin and Byleth. If you wanna go into subtext, there's plenty of cases to be made for a whole lot of characters on the roster, such as gay Ike and Snake, lesbian or bi Bayonetta (as mentioned before), or trans Samus, and so on.

" LGBTQ+" is a pretty sensitive topic.
Only if you're a Gamer™ who thinks that the existance of LGBTQ+ characters is "politics".

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I remember when Granblue was discussed a few months back. The extent of my interest in it ended in "It'd be cool if Ladiva was in it, she'd be neat."

That and it'd be nice if we got some black character/more PoCs, in Smash, I think the closest we've gotten to that at the moment is some Villager/Inkling skins and Ganondorf. Another reason why Byleth was pretty disappointing to me.

I never played Bayonetta, I'm just parroting what others have said. Apparently Kamiya made a twitter poll that mentioned Bayonetta + Jean as a couple.
A good chunk of Bayonetta 2 has Bayo literally going into hell to be with Jeanne.
Then again they're prolly just gal pals, idk.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
You’re right, let’s swap topics

So what do you guys think of Geno?
He's probably ace and agender, and only goes by he/him pronouns. Since he's a star spirit (I think?) who's only possessing a doll, I think it's reasonably safe to say that he doesn't really have a personal concept of gender and sexuality.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He's probably ace and agender, and only goes by he/him pronouns. Since he's a star spirit (I think?) who's only possessing a doll, I think it's reasonably safe to say that he doesn't really have a personal concept of gender and sexuality.
Very funny, wise guy!

7NATOR

Smash Master

I Actually tried SMRPG recently (Not Finished though). Geno is so far cool in the game, and I see why People took a liking to him (I Probably would have if i played the game in the past). Mallow is also cool though, and he actually seems to have an Arc to him. He reminds me of toad, but with actual character

The Legacy XP Takedown might be because Geno never had official 3-D Model, So I'm thinking at the least he will have a Premium Costume, but can also see him as playable, I'm 50/50.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I am no expert on Smash Bros. Ultimate.

How many LGBTQ+ characters are fighters in Smash Bros. Ultimate?

I know a few, but I am sure someone can provide a better list.
I at least know Corrin and Byleth are bi. I don't know if anyone else are confirmed to be LGBTQ+, but there's quite a few characters you could at least make a case for, like Bayonetta, Ike, and Joker, to name a few.

Oh yeah, and there's that one old Metroid instruction booklet that may have unintentionally made Samus a lesbian, because it pictured her surrounded by women in bikinis and it was supposed to make you think "Oh wow, Samus is the awesome dude who gets all the girls!" Then you get to the end and, y'know, Samus is a girl. Not sure if that still holds up today, but it's something.

I can't say at the moment. Ask again in a couple months, when I'll hopefully have fully comprehended the fact that he and Woody are two halves of Pinnochio but aren't a Heartless and Nobody pair. Gosh darn it Nomura, how many different incarnation dynamics can you possibly add to this setting?! I already need a flowchart just for the Xehanorts alone!
I remember when Granblue was discussed a few months back. The extent of my interest in it ended in "It'd be cool if Ladiva was in it, she'd be neat."

That and it'd be nice if we got some black character/more PoCs, in Smash, I think the closest we've gotten to that at the moment is some Villager/Inkling skins and Ganondorf. Another reason why Byleth was pretty disappointing to me.

A good chunk of Bayonetta 2 has Bayo literally going into hell to be with Jeanne.
Then again they're prolly just gal pals, idk.
I the lack of darker-skinned characters in Smash is an unfortunate side effect of Japan not having many ethnic minorities. Since the majority of people in Japan are Japanese, they don't put as much emphasis on ethnic diversity as Western countries like America. To them, their idea of a foreigner is a blond, blue eyes Caucasian person, so the majority of people in Japanese games are fair-skinned. And since Nintendo is a Japanese company and so are the majority of the third-parties involved in Smash, well...
While I'm not a guy who actively advocates for more diversity in Smash, I'm fine with the idea and I can see where the complaints come from. It's just that I don't know too many characters that would fit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everyone, that wasn't a political question. It was a completely fine question

It is not like I am trying to spread communism or anarchism in SmashBoards, I am just asking about which characters are LGBTQ+.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Another good reason for Elma. Admittedly, her true form is that of a quite literally white alien woman with blue crystal hair (which is probably the coolest things about her true form's design, if you ask me), but her mimeosome form is what pretty much everyone always primarily associates her with, so she'd definitely count.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
If people want to talk about LGBTQ characters in Smash, I'm all for it, but there's really not a lot to work with there. Future characters getting in would be a more interesting discussion than what's already on the roster.

or trans Samus
This isn't subtext, it's headcanon by a crazy person obsessed with moon rocks.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Yes, that's why I put a troll face next to my comment...
I want to know your opinion on MewtwoKing's and Salem's recent masterpiece of a speculation video then:

(Hoo boy that speculation video is... something.)

Also: GoodGrief741, Wunderwaft, you might be interested in what Zhuge shared:

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Still rather sensitive to some, if you ask me.
good thing we didn’t ask you then

So we’ve established the LGBT+ people in Smash already, but what newcomers would add to that? Obviously Edelgard would be really nice but she’s so from such a controversial series we don’t really discuss it, right? But yeah, who else can we think of?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Wasn't a developer making a bad joke from this? I apologize if I am wrong.
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. I think it was something said in passing by one of the developers around the time of the original. Calling it subtext probably wasn't the best choice of words, but no point in editing the post now. It obviously doesn't mean anything for modern-day canon, but considering how little representation trans people get in video games, it's a "take what you can get" deal for the people who accept this headcanon, I'd wager.

So we’ve established the LGBT+ people in Smash already, but what newcomers would add to that? Obviously Edelgard would be really nice but she’s so from such a controversial series we don’t really discuss it, right? But yeah, who else can we think of?
In terms of potential newcomers, there really aren't many first-party characters that could apply, I think. Most Nintendo characters don't really show any overt interest in anyone, and those who do go into the Mario-Peach kinda dynamic of hetero couples. Ironically, a hypothetical future Fire Emblem character would probably be our best bet as far as first-party characters are concerned.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not me, but likely some others. I think it is best if we drop this discussion. It isn’t going anywhere.
If you can't handle the discussion, then stop complaining about it.

if bigots are present, then they will get in trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I think we could add Hero to the list of LGBT characters because with XI S the Marriage mechanic was expanded to include Erik and Sylvando and it isn't explicit like with Jade and Serena but you vow to be life partners and you live in the same house that only has one bed.

Tracer from Overwatch comes to mind and pretty much all Granblue Fantasy characters are Bi

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom