• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I only shared it cause someone in the Era Ultimate thread posted it, didn’t notice the date

but given NHM3’s delay, still wouldn’t be surprised if Travis wasn’t in this pass
The delay happened around a year after the second pass lineup was decided though, so it would have literally nothing to do with Travis not being in the pass.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I only shared it cause someone in the Era Ultimate thread posted it, didn’t notice the date

but given NHM3’s delay, still wouldn’t be surprised if Travis wasn’t in this pass
i mean

1. as many have pointed out already, travis would have been planned long before the delay

2. it's not even like his inclusion hinges entirely on nmh3 either

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I don't think the delay hurts Travis' chances given that they probably already decided on the characters for this pass a while back.

damn, ninja'd twice

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

RIP Travis
This time Sakurai-san, I’m not going to let you go. You’re not getting away.”
911, help

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
You sure you wanna go there? Because if you do, be warned that I can, I have, and I will write an entire essay on the history, impact, setting, and cast of the entire Touhou Project, accompanied by a metric %$#@ton of songs because just one Touhou song is nowhere near enough.
Well let me just warn YOU, that I know how to scroll down past things I don't want to read!

You're right about the songs though.

Dr. Yatagarasu

Smash Apprentice

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Saw some dream talk. I had a pretty crazy one a while ago.

Was watching the character reveal and it started out seeming like Sora would get it in. I don't remember the specifics, but it was a really long and elaborate trailer. However, at the very end, Neku snatches the invitation and kicks Sora through the Kingdom Hearts door while celebrating his inclusion.

But that's not even the craziest part. Afterwards, we get a logo similar to how Isabelle getting into Smash had a secondary announcement afterwards for Animal Crossing 2019. It was called "Kingdom Hearts 4: The World Ends With Us", with Neku taking over as protagonist.

It turned out that Kingdom Hearts was a nearly 2 decade long ruse by Nomura to push his true passion, TWEWY, into the mainstream. It's kind of like how Matt Groening just came up with the Simpsons on the spot during the pitch while Futurama was the thing he really wanted to do and planned much earlier.

But it doesn't end there. Nomura had actually sprinkled a bunch of hints relating to this since the first Kingdom Hearts. A lot of the nonsensical story elements stretching back to 2002 literally tie into a meta-twist that will happen in Kingdom Hearts 4, where the Neku takeover plan and Nomura's true passion is DIRECTLY acknowledged by the plot and is a massive part of the final conflict. Also, the dream world theory of Kingdom Hearts 3 is confirmed as true, but not in the way it's outlined. Also, the Master of Masters is revealed to be Nomura himself, while the other Keyblade masters he's associated with are Square Enix execs telling him to make more Kingdom Hearts games instead of more TWEWY.

What's crazy about all this is I'm not even a big TWEWY fan or anything and stopped halfway through. I probably just really want some kind of crazy meta twist to justify all the nonsense in KH subconsciously or something.

Shroob

Sup?
Gonna be a bit pessimistic but, if we don't get an announcement of the Presentation tomorrow, I'm not expecting anything this month.

From my own memory, Smash characters have usually come before Maintenance in the past, and unless they pull a MinMin where the announcement is Friday and the Presentation is Monday... color me skeptical.

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
And no rayman in the ubiforward. Tbh I didn’t think he stands the chance to be upgraded to a fighter. Guess Ubisoft Dosent care bout him that much anymore

Besides There are base game Upgrades that kinda make sense in sakurais words maybe?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Saw some dream talk. I had a pretty crazy one a while ago.

Was watching the character reveal and it started out seeming like Sora would get it in. I don't remember the specifics, but it was a really long and elaborate trailer. However, at the very end, Neku snatches the invitation and kicks Sora through the Kingdom Hearts door while celebrating his inclusion.

But that's not even the craziest part. Afterwards, we get a logo similar to how Isabelle getting into Smash had a secondary announcement afterwards for Animal Crossing 2019. It was called "Kingdom Hearts 4: The World Ends With Us", with Neku taking over as protagonist.

It turned out that Kingdom Hearts was a nearly 2 decade long ruse by Nomura to push his true passion, TWEWY, into the mainstream. It's kind of like how Matt Groening just came up with the Simpsons on the spot during the pitch while Futurama was the thing he really wanted to do and planned much earlier.

But it doesn't end there. Nomura had actually sprinkled a bunch of hints relating to this since the first Kingdom Hearts. A lot of the nonsensical story elements stretching back to 2002 literally tie into a meta-twist that will happen in Kingdom Hearts 4, where the Neku takeover plan and Nomura's true passion is DIRECTLY acknowledged by the plot and is a massive part of the final conflict. Also, the dream world theory of Kingdom Hearts 3 is confirmed as true, but not in the way it's outlined. Also, the Master of Masters is revealed to be Nomura himself, while the other Keyblade masters he's associated with are Square Enix execs telling him to make more Kingdom Hearts games instead of more TWEWY.

What's crazy about all this is I'm not even a big TWEWY fan or anything and stopped halfway through. I probably just really want some kind of crazy meta twist to justify all the nonsense in KH subconsciously or something.
IsaacNani.jpg

And the heck of this is that this is actually somewhat feasible, given Kingdom Heart's extreme frickery.
Well let me just warn YOU, that I know how to scroll down past things I don't want to read!

You're right about the songs though.
Not today you won't.
You started this ordeal, and you will see it through to the end, even if I have to chase you to the ends of the Earth. When you start something, be prepared to COMMIT.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
And no rayman in the ubiforward. Tbh I didn’t think he stands the chance to be upgraded to a fighter. Guess Ubisoft Dosent care bout him that much anymore

Besides There are base game Upgrades that kinda make sense in sakurais words maybe?
It's less that Ubisoft don't care and more that Michel Ancel is working on Beyond Good and Evil 2 which is gonna take forever because the scope of it is absurd.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I was going to go on a tirade about how Impa is the most boring Zelda option available, but I realized that's the same argument the Bandana Deetractors use and I don't want to be like that, so I'm going to phrase it in a more positive way: What could Impa's moveset be?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Forget Travis, this is the real character whose getting into Smash. :troll:
I'm usually against 4th party characters making it in as playable characters but I would unironically be down for Scott Pilgrim, mostly because of this game and all of the Nintendo references throughout the series.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 I remember you too were interested in the return of Prince of Persia after the listings. It's finally been properly leaked bro, Prince of Persia is back. I'm definitely gonna be watching Ubisoft's presentation today to see more info about the game.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Yeeeeeah it's real boys!

Just saw the trailer, visually it's a downgrade but as long as the gameplay's the same, I'm hype. If this sells well hopefully Ubisoft will see that people like good games and not just yearly open worlds.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

ZelDan

Smash Master
Even if we don't get Travis as a playable character, we'd ideally atleast see a spirit event close to NMHIII's release in 2021. It'd be weird and unfortunate to see NMH get no representation at all considering how strong its ties to Nintendo has been, being mostly on Nintendo systems and having 2 games on the Switch.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

If Rayman doesn't get upgraded, I'd think it'd be more of a case of Nintendo not returning the same amount of respect that Ubisoft gives to them. Keep in mind Ubisoft has done a lot for Nintendo and has even supported them through their worst selling console. Back in Smash 4, they sent the 3D model of Rayman to Nintendo in hopes of them turning him into a character but Nintendo just chose to make him a trophy instead. Then you have Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Starfox characters in Starlink and various other Nintendo exclusive deals Ubisoft has made. It's pretty clear that they're trying to get on Nintendo's good side.

So if anyone is to blame for Rayman not being a Fighter, it is certainly not Ubisoft. Even if Rayman isn't getting a new game, that didn't stop Banjo & Kazooie joining Smash Bros and there are a lot of hints that if Ubisoft is able to get a character in Smash, it's going to be Rayman.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That could work - given that :ultpokemontrainer: 's Pokemon have different strengths (and weaknesses). Deku and Zora Link do kind of run into each other since the Nut and the Boomerang sound a little too similar as straightforward projectiles. Although one could fix that by altering the two projectiles' respective knockback angles and base knockback to give them different purposes, so it's not an overwhelming concern.

One would have to account for the fact that he'd lose a lot of his CQC abilities, so the new abilities would have to consider that. Min Min's balance is kind of precarious because she has inherently less attacks - meaning that the attacks she has are even more central to her (how good the ARMS attacks are for example). So that would count for Revised Young Link too.
My idea for the Deku Nut was that it would be dropped on the ground acting as either a bomb or like Mewtwo's Confusion. Alternatively, it could be a Bomb stand-in if we're getting rid of Young Link's Bombs for this trait.

As for CQC, I think it would be fine (perhaps even a good thing) if the masks gave him less ability in this regard. The idea is that the masks are tools for the character rather than characters themselves, so having a more niche but still useful skillset is probably what we want. Even so though, the Goron and Zora forms have proper jabs, while the Deku form has the dash, which would probably be a great out of shield option due to hitting pretty quickly on both sides on top of being a burst movement option.

What I didn't consider, however, is how the mask forms are going to turn back into Young Link. I'm also not sure how best to have Young Link turn into the mask forms either. A Down Special would be pretty clunky since you're supposed to be able to swap quickly, and do attacks right afterward. A Neutral Special would be better, and could have some interesting applications if you could also use it while shielding, but that would still mean I'd have to remove a Special Move from the already tiny movepool of the mask forms. A third idea that I've had much earlier than the idea for this whole gimmick, was to tie it to the taunt buttons. Not sure how much I like this idea here, though it might be the most fluid of the three methods.

D

Deleted member

I am no expert on Smash Bros. Ultimate.

How many LGBTQ+ characters are fighters in Smash Bros. Ultimate?

I know a few, but I am sure someone can provide a better list.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Gonna be a bit pessimistic but, if we don't get an announcement of the Presentation tomorrow, I'm not expecting anything this month.

From my own memory, Smash characters have usually come before Maintenance in the past, and unless they pull a MinMin where the announcement is Friday and the Presentation is Monday... color me skeptical.
Esp since there’s maintenance next Monday

yeah yeah I know, maintenances don’t always mean anything significant, but gosh darn it I WANT it to for once

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I am no expert on Smash Bros. Ultimate.

How many LGBTQ+ characters are fighters in Smash Bros. Ultimate?

I know a few, but I am sure someone can provide a better list.
Bayonetta, Corrin, and Byleth are bi
Ike is a big mystery. Some people say he's gay, others say he's ace, others still say he's straight because of Priam.
I've heard that Isabelle is also bi, but I don't know how true that is.

EDIT: There's also Mewtwo, who's technically non-binary. Not in the way that humans are, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom