• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Can we agree as a site that if she gets this wrong, we'll stop posting her claims/tweets?
Seeeeeeee

No more of this lady, PLEASE.

This is Smash spec. There's no place for hot girls here. :p:p

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Found this on Twitter if anyone is bored.

Here is mine.

View attachment 281151
Capcom - Amaterasu
Namco - Haruka Amami
Nintendo - Euden
Unexpected - Estelle
Expected - Crash

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I've been thinking about something

So you know how We've been getting Increasing Western content Starting when the Extra DLC got announced. I think some people take this as a sign that it could be building up to an Western character

However, Like how there's sentiment that All the Indie Content we've been getting (Premium costumes) is as far as we gonna go with those types of characters, could the same thing apply to Western Characters. Crash and Master Chief (And i also guess Steve) have been Heavily Speculated characters now for a Western Character, but could this trend of Western Characters being turned into Miis apply to them as well?

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887

Here is mine.

View attachment 281151
Mine is:
-Phoenix Wright gg ez
-Lloyd Irving
-Waluigi
-Chell gg ez
-Rex
Edit: rex is first party lmao, change it to geno

Also, I think I’ve made a discovery.
Sans came with a remix of Megalovania.
Cuphead came with just Floral Fury.
Vault Boy came with nothing.
The next premium mii will remove a piece of music from the game if bought
The last one will remove a remixed piece of music
They will all be gunners.
Argonaut Games helped Nintendo develop the Super FX chip for Star Fox. Then Argonaut said "okay we helped you out, we have a cool idea for a Yoshi game if you don't mind." Nintendo said "no." Like Philips, Argonaut said "alright then piss off Nintendo we'll make our own game" and found no success.
Still more successful than the first Starfox game.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Seeeeeeee

Even after this, I'm sure people will still bring her Tweets over here.

I thought people would've stopped listening after she started trying to sell her adult toys to the Smash fanbase, but I guess it takes a lot before you're considered unreliable.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
tbf we had Platinum get involved with Smash bros back in 4 what with wonder red getting a trophy, and what do you know we got Bayonetta as a DLC character later on. Granted there were a lot of different factors back then like the ballot and what not but my point is that this doesn't really harm the chances of Sol Badguy.

But if you want a better example then back in the final direct for the base game of Ultimate we got a peak at Tsubasa from Tokyo Mirage as a spirit in the game, which showed Atlus was involved in Smash Bros.

Remember this? This was right in the final direct, before Joker even got revealed. Had they really cared about not spoiling the involvement of another company they wouldn't have put Tsubasa in the direct like that.
Just putting it out there but in theory I don't think they'd necessarily need to credit ATLUS there. Itsuki, Tsubasa, Eleonora, Kiria, and Mamori all appear in Fire Emblem Heroes as playable characters and ATLUS isn't mentioned in the in-game credits for Heroes. This is also consistent with Fire Emblem Cipher where, once again, the cards for characters from Tokyo Mirage Sessions don't have the ATLUS copyright. The only place that did have it was in the trailer for Heroes, though that prominently displayed the TMS logo, which isn't in Heroes itself, so that might be why. But otherwise it seems as though the characters themselves are owned by Nintendo in this case.

tl;dr, Tokyo Mirage Sessions is...weird.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Here’s a little game.
Of your most wanted characters, what is their most likely form of representation in Ultimate? Character, Mii Outfit, Assist Trophy, or Spirit Event?
Here’s mine.
Phoenix Wright- Character
Chell- Spirit Event
Neku Sakuraba- Mii Outfit
Saki Amamiya- already spirit and mii, but he’s been an assist trophy, so I’d say that
Steve- Character
Waluigi- there’s an obvious joke here I’m not going to make
Makoto Yuki- already Mii, probably gonna stay there
Asriel- Spirit event
Midna-is already both an Assist Trophy and has multiple spirits
Elma-already a spirit
Crash-Playable
Tifa-spirit event

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Here is mine.

View attachment 281151
Capcom: Dante
Namco: Nightmare
Nintendo: Rex
Unexpected new third party: Team Fortress
Expected new third party: Crash

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Here’s a little game.
Of your most wanted characters, what is their most likely form of representation in Ultimate? Character, Mii Outfit, Assist Trophy, or Spirit Event?
Here’s mine.
Chell- Spirit Event
Saki Amamiya- already spirit and mii, but he’s been an assist trophy, so I’d say that
Steve- Character
Asriel- Spirit event
Travis Touchdown - Fighter
Axel Stone - Mii costume
Crono - Mii costume
Klonoa - Mii costume
Crash Bandicoot - Fighter
Sgt. Cortez - MEGA SUPER DUPER FIGHTER YEAH!!!

Cortez flare gun Small.png

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Even after this, I'm sure people will still bring her Tweets over here.

I thought people would've stopped listening after she started trying to sell her adult toys to the Smash fanbase, but I guess it takes a lot before you're considered unreliable.
Was it the Smash fanbase, though? As far as I know, that account never really talked much about Smash, and instead only really talked about Nintendo in general.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Seeeeeeee

Let alone girls who sell adult toys. (I can't believe I just said that).

SKX31

Smash Master
Here’s a little game.
Here’s mine.
Chell- Spirit Event
Steve- Character
Asriel- Spirit event
Dota 2 (as a game) - Spirit Event, or part of Gordon's / TF2's DLC Spirit Board if Valve's feeling generous. Many of Dota 2's characters would be perfect as ATs though, so Smash Bros. fans could experience the joys of massive AoE stuns. Without magic immunity to protect oneself. Or a character who's similar to Kimahri Ronso having a chance to spawn illusions with each attack and thus the poor opponent being swarmed by really fast illusions.

Should also do LoL while I'm at it - Character. LoL doesn't have nearly as much competition within Tencent compared to Dota 2's competition within Valve. And I don't mean to disparage either Path of Exile nor Arena of Valor, but: PoE is not talked about at all within these circles and is not even looking remotely like it'll appear on the Switch anytime soon, while Arena of Valor's Switch port faltered. As an aside - AoV's Switch port being shut down might honestly be a major reason why Pokemon Unite even exists (wouldn't surprise me given how Tencent works). Likewise, LoL has a lot of interesting AT possibilities.

Master Chief - Character. Could also see Costume because Steve and other Microsoft-owned characters are still in the running.

KOS-MOS - Difficult to say, but I'm saying Character. Like with Chief, could also see Costume.

Dante - Character.

Kratos - Character. If Nintendo somehow manages to deal with Sony directly on this, of course Kratos would be.

Tracer - Character, due to her mascot status, Could be part of a Spirit Board too.

Reimu - Character. Could see PreMiium, but if Sakurai and ZUN got into talks with each other I'm kinda leaning on it being a character.

Scorpion - Character. (On similar grounds as Kratos.) Could see Spirit perhaps if Maxwell's chosen instead, but that feels farfetched.

Ring Fit - Already DLC Spirit, and I honestly don't think Nintendo will change that since Ring Fit's success caught Nintendo by surprise.

Style Savvy - I don't think Style Savvy will get an upgrade, so remaining as Spirit.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Dota 2 (as a game) - Spirit Event, or part of Gordon's / TF2's DLC Spirit Board if Valve's feeling generous. Many of Dota 2's characters would be perfect as ATs though, so Smash Bros. fans could experience the joys of massive AoE stuns. Without magic immunity to protect oneself. Or a character who's similar to Kimahri Ronso having a chance to spawn illusions with each attack and thus the poor opponent being swarmed by really fast illusions.

Should also do LoL while I'm at it - Character. LoL doesn't have nearly as much competition within Tencent compared to Dota 2's competition within Valve. And I don't mean to disparage either Path of Exile nor Arena of Valor, but: PoE is not talked about at all within these circles and is not even looking remotely like it'll appear on the Switch anytime soon, while Arena of Valor's Switch port faltered. As an aside - AoV's Switch port being shut down might honestly be a major reason why Pokemon Unite even exists (wouldn't surprise me given how Tencent works). Likewise, LoL has a lot of interesting AT possibilities.
From one MOBA guy to another - who would be a good Dota 2 rep? You've mentioned a few and I've done a little research, but I want to hear it from someone with more experience. I believe you mentioned Lina a few times, is she simply your most wanted or is she a figurehead for the game?

Also, regarding the AoV thing... wasn't there this weird dispute with Honor of Kings where it was basically Tencent sueing Tencent? And now they're basically going to start pushing Unite in place of AoV, is that it?

EDIT: Since you talked about the joys of AoE... a friend of mine who plays both LoL and Dota once said something along the lines of "the difference between LoL stuns and Dota stuns is that LoL stuns make you take damage, Dota stuns make you die". How accurate would you say that statement is? :p

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Quick question:
Is “Premium Mii” the canon name for the Miis which could be confused for actual characters?
And if not, what genius made that name up?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
How would you guys feel if Conker was on the Fighter's Pass?

I'd be okay with him, pretty bewildered that he even got in but I wouldn't be opposed. I'm not as attached to him as I am with Banjo & Kazooie.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Why does nobody else want

Would probably have a better shot in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale 2 than Super Smash Bros, But that's not saying much considering his status which is kind of shame because this is a franchise that I have always wanted to tackle and have had my radar on since I was a kid, But I grew up with the Nintendo 64 and Croc 1 & 2 are were only on the original Playstation and Yoshi is my all time favorite video game character so seeing how Croc's character design was heavily influenced by him and gameplay wise by Super Mario 64 has always made Croc on the top of my must play list of games.

- 3D and 2D Platformers are my favorite genre.

- I love "Cereal Mascots" and anything that resembles dinosaurs/reptile/lizards.

Croc and Gex are on the top of my must play list so I gotta make some time to give them a shot soon.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I wonder

does ANYONE expect or even want Gil? Out of pure curiosity
I love Tower of Druaga and I know about its widespread influence in game development so I guess I count. Though I'm more of a "defend him if he gets in" kind of fan than a "campaign for his inclusion" type.

I'd love that, might be blasphemy to say this but I like Conker even more than Banjo-Kazooie. Though I don't know how they could do him justice without neutering his character.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Here’s a little game.
Here’s mine.
Chell- Spirit Event
Steve- Character
Asriel- Spirit event
Reimu Hakurei-I believe she has quite a fair bit going for her as a fighter, but a Mii would work as well
Bandana Waddle Dee-Fighter, if anything more than a Spirit at all
Klonoa-Fighter or Mii; Not like it matters, since he probably won't get anything at all
Isaac-Could easily be a fighter as FP2's Banjo, but he could stay as an Assist. At least he can't be deconfirmed again, right?
Alucard-Assist; Can't see any more Castlevania content in Ultimate's lifecycle
Miriam-Spirit Event
The Knight-PreMiium costume, possibly with a Spirit Event as well
Dante-Fighter
Sol Badguy-Fighter

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Just putting it out there but in theory I don't think they'd necessarily need to credit ATLUS there. Itsuki, Tsubasa, Eleonora, Kiria, and Mamori all appear in Fire Emblem Heroes as playable characters and ATLUS isn't mentioned in the in-game credits for Heroes. This is also consistent with Fire Emblem Cipher where, once again, the cards for characters from Tokyo Mirage Sessions don't have the ATLUS copyright. The only place that did have it was in the trailer for Heroes, though that prominently displayed the TMS logo, which isn't in Heroes itself, so that might be why. But otherwise it seems as though the characters themselves are owned by Nintendo in this case.

tl;dr, Tokyo Mirage Sessions is...weird.
So you are saying Itsuki is a FE character?
2 (1).png

Dinoman96

Smash Master
tbh I'd love to see a lot of Rare's other series like Battletoads, Conker, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, etc appear as spirits or assist trophies.

I wish there were more assist trophies like Bomberman and Akira, smaller third party characters that don't have much of a shot at becoming playable. In addition to the Rare stuff mentioned above, I think NiGHTS, Samba de Amigo, Arthur, Haggar, and Klonoa would be good candidates.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Quick question:
Is “Premium Mii” the canon name for the Miis which could be confused for actual characters?
And if not, what genius made that name up?
PreMiium is a fan nickname. It also lacks a set definition, which is why there was some debate on whether or not Vault Boy was a PreMiium, since he's not an indie and lacks a song. Dunno who started it, but I'll gladly carry it on.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

Though I love Banjo-Kazooie more, Conker would still be an awesome pick, But he's a major long shot even with Microsoft already on board as I think Master Chief would be more likely as the next character from them.

I want more platformer mascots to join the fighter pass, But I really feel like Conker doesn't have a shot which made me focus on Crash Bandicoot a lot more who is currently my most wanted and feels much more likely as the next platformer mascot to make the cut.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Call me crazy but I think the Metroid spinoff sounds fake as hell, especially when credible rumours suggest Metroid 5's been in the works spreading around a year ago, why ditch that and work on a spin off considering the backlash Metroid fans gave to the spinoff and the praise to Samus Returns?
Not that I believe the rumour but maybe with "spin off" he's talking about 2D Metroid.
Some people that aren't really familiar with the 2D games seem to think Prime games are the main ones or something like that. Or better said, the important ones.

I mean... a Metroid spin off at this point wouldn't make sense at all, even if it ends being a great game. The franchise isn't in state of having spin offs, that's more for healthy series that frequently receive mainline games.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Not that I believe the rumour but maybe with "spin off" he's talking about 2D Metroid.
Some people that aren't really familiar with the 2D games seem to think Prime games are the main ones or something like that. Or better said, the important ones.

I mean... a Metroid spin off at this point wouldn't make sense at all, even if it ends being a great game. The franchise isn't in state of having spin offs, that's more for healthy series that frequently receive mainline games.
Plus, the last time they released a Metroid spin-off during a significant gap between major releases, the reception was... less than enthusiastic.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
By the way, Jeff Grubb posted this recently:

For anyone who doesn't know he was that guy that constantly confirmed the Mini Direct from March. He has been doing this "game" for 2 months?, and the order of his listing it's intentional. As you can see, in the first tweet he places Nintendo after all August's mess, but now he changed to an earlier date.
Assuming it wasn't a mistake, I'd say that a Direct between the 11th and the 22th is likely if this comes from Grubb.
He made a similar move with the placement order with the recently announced Sony's State of Play a few days ago, so as I said, the order matters.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

For anyone who doesn't know he was that guy that constantly confirmed the Mini Direct from March. He has been doing this "game" for 2 months?, and the order of his listing it's intentional. As you can see, in the first tweet he places Nintendo after all August's mess, but now he changed to an earlier date.
Assuming it wasn't a mistake, I'd say that a Direct between the 11th and the 22th is likely if this comes from Grubb.
He made a similar move with the placement order with the recently announced Sony's State of Play the previous days, so as I said, the order matters.
Assuming he's not playing us for fools, then still not knowing the prices of the PS5 and Series X well into November is the biggest of oofs.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

He made a similar move with the placement order with the recently announced Sony's State of Play a few days ago, so as I said, the order matters.
you know, the time frame kinda lines up for that 17th Direct rumor that largely played it safe with predictions "all I can say is FP7 isn't first party" etc

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Assuming he's not playing us for fools, then still not knowing the prices of the PS5 and Series X well into November is the biggest of oofs.
I'm not a corporation but both Microsoft and Sony are playing a waiting game where each one wants the other one to reveal the price and the pre-orders first, I guess.
The Thanksgiving Day part is just a joke based on that. That's what I understand, because no way we're gonna arrive to November without knowing such basic information lol

you know, the time frame kinda lines up for that 17th Direct rumor that largely played it safe with predictions "all I can say is FP7 isn't first party" etc
Which rumour? I don't recall any rumour about a Direct for 17th.

In any case, if ends being true I'd guess this is just a Mini Direct or another Partner Showcase.

D

Deleted member

[twitter post]

At most, it looks like it's going to be another Direct Mini Partner Showcase that only focuses on 3rd Party titles again. Maybe this time, it'll have new games to show instead of already announced 1s.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm not a corporation but both Microsoft and Sony are playing a waiting game where each one wants the other one to reveal the price and the pre-orders first, I guess.
The Thanksgiving Day part is just a joke based on that. That's what I understand, because no way we're gonna arrive to November without knowing such basic information lol

Which rumour? I don't recall any rumour about a Direct for 17th.

In any case, if ends being true I'd guess this is just a Mini Direct or another Partner Showcase.
it was on the last page, a twitter post

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, the Geno thread is hard to deal with! Not mad, just annoyed.

So, what are we talking about now, guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom