• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Here’s a little game.
Of your most wanted characters, what is their most likely form of representation in Ultimate? Character, Mii Outfit, Assist Trophy, or Spirit Event?
Here’s mine.
Phoenix Wright- Character
Chell- Spirit Event
Neku Sakuraba- Mii Outfit
Saki Amamiya- already spirit and mii, but he’s been an assist trophy, so I’d say that
Steve- Character
Waluigi- there’s an obvious joke here I’m not going to make
Makoto Yuki- already Mii, probably gonna stay there
Asriel- Spirit event
Fighter: Sora, Crash, Sakura Shinguji, Bandana Dee
Mii Costume: Captain Toad, Axel Stone
Assist Trophy: Ryota Hayami
Spirit Event: Euden

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
if you had to add 5 more pokemon reps who would it be and why?
Haven't responded to this yet surprisingly. Ordered by Pokedex number:

Zoroark - My favorite Gen 5 Pokemon. Bummed it never made it.
Lycanroc - Preference for Gen 7. We have Incineroar now though, so I think I'd want the others before this one.
Dragapult - Next choice after the Gen 8 Legendaries. Feels like it'd be unique, and I want more projectile-heavy characters.
Zacian/Zamazenta - Really want another Legendary. These two were literally designed to be warriors, so why not?

Was thinking of adding a Gen 3 Pokemon, but honestly, there isn't anyone I really want. Maybe Latias and Latios as a tag-team character, but they'd be hard to implement.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Here’s a little game.
Of your most wanted characters, what is their most likely form of representation in Ultimate? Character, Mii Outfit, Assist Trophy, or Spirit Event?
1. Ryu Hayabusa - Character
2. Bill Rizer/Lance - Mii Gunner
3. Arthur - Mii Swordfighter
4. Kunio/Riki - Mii Brawler(technically Spirits cause they already are)
5. Bub/Bob - Spirits

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Here’s a little game.
Here’s mine.
Chell- Spirit Event
Saki Amamiya- already spirit and mii, but he’s been an assist trophy, so I’d say that
Steve- Character
Asriel- Spirit event
Octoling - Already a Spirit, so they're already represented in some form! Obviously a fighter is my biggest wish, but I'm happy Agent 8 got in in some form.
Kiryu - Honestly, neither. It really would be a fighter or nothing for Yakuza IMO.
Eggman - Already a Spirit, but I could see a costume 100% if Sega gets another character like I'm expecting.
Waluigi - He's got a hat and a Spirit already, so if he ain't getting upgraded...
Yuri Lowell - I hate to say this, but his best odds are probably a Mii costume if Lloyd gets in as a fighter, lol. Could see a Spirit as well.
Kirby reps - Most already have a spirit, but I could see something fun and silly like a Gooey hat.
Steve - I see him getting at least a costume. I don't see Nintendo getting Minecraft of all things just for a Spirit event.
Hat Kid - Costume. Could definitely see being one of our PreMiium costumes.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
PreMiium is a fan nickname. It also lacks a set definition, which is why there was some debate on whether or not Vault Boy was a PreMiium, since he's not an indie and lacks a song. Dunno who started it, but I'll gladly carry it on.
Thanks.
If we get a Shovel Knight, The Knight, Shantae etc as Miis, and they come with music, everybody should argue that they aren’t PreMiiums since they aren’t Gunners
Jokes aside, I personally think a Premium Mii is:
-Either Indie or not, that shouldn’t matter
-Has to have a song. Premium Mii implies that it comes with something other than just the Mii, being the music.
-Doesn’t matter whether the entire face is covered or not. That shouldn’t determine whether something is premium, because it’s not really special in any way. Samus isn’t premium (even though the mask has translucent parts) just because the head is obscured. A sans mii with a Mii inside of its mouth or a cuphead mii with the eyes being see thru wouldn’t have made sense. That’s why they’re made the way they are.
You can disagree, I don’t really care. I’m just following the definition of the word premium.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Here’s a little game.
Here’s mine.
Chell- Spirit Event
Steve- Character
Asriel- Spirit event
  • Rhythm Heaven - Currently spirits and forever spirits
  • Steve - Either Spirit event and/or Mii costume
  • Elma - Already a spirit
  • Farmer - Spirit Event
  • Sora - hehe
  • Bandana Waddle Dee - stuck as a spirit
  • Ryu Hayabusa - Character
  • Master Chief - HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Segata Sanshiro - Assist Trophy
  • Phoenix Wright - Spirit, maybe a potential Mii costume too (Feel like he'll be outprioitized by Dante)
  • Arle - Mii Costume
  • Crash - could see a character, but I wanna say Mii costume
  • Cinderace - Spirit

Hayabusa's the only one that I feel even has a legitimate shot. Call me a pessimist, but hey, it's a good strat when it comes to dealing with your most wanteds, helped me with Min Min lol.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Man, I really want Eggman in Smash. I feel like he's a dark horse pick for sure. Tails and Shadow are more popular in speculation, and while I want them too, I feel like they'd mainly be brawlers. That's fine, I have nothing against brawlers, but I feel like Eggman offers so much more moveset potential with his Eggmobile and weapons

7NATOR

Smash Master
Man, I really want Eggman in Smash. I feel like he's a dark horse pick for sure. Tails and Shadow are more popular in speculation, and while I want them too, I feel like they'd mainly be brawlers. That's fine, I have nothing against brawlers, but I feel like Eggman offers so much more moveset potential with his Eggmobile and weapons
My only beef with Eggman is What Machine would they stick with? He could be in the Egg Mobile but there lies an issue of him being too Similiar to Bowser Jr. It would be epic if he could come in the Death Egg Robot, or the Egg Dragoon, Even the Egg Viper, but those Machines are big as hell, that he might have a Ridley Situation going on.

MooMew64

Yooooo same. Eggman would be such a unique pick, especially if Sakurai was a mad lad and put him in his SA2 mech.

Plus, we'd get Mike Pollock in Smash that is most definitely a wonderous thing.

• Rhythm Heaven - Currently spirits and forever spirits
  • Steve - Either Spirit event and/or Mii costume
  • Elma - Already a spirit
  • Farmer - Spirit Event
  • Sora - hehe
  • Bandana Waddle Dee - stuck as a spirit
  • Ryu Hayabusa - Character
  • Master Chief - HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Segata Sanshiro - Assist Trophy
  • Phoenix Wright - Spirit, maybe a potential Mii costume too (Feel like he'll be outprioitized by Dante)
  • Arle - Mii Costume
  • Crash - could see a character, but I wanna say Mii costume
  • Cinderace - Spirit

Hayabusa's the only one that I feel even has a legitimate shot. Call me a pessimist, but hey, it's a good strat when it comes to dealing with your most wanteds, helped me with Min Min lol.
Oh shoot, I forgot to put Cinderace, Arle, and Phoenix on my list lol.

I actually think Cinderace and Arle have pretty good chances to be playable. Like, IMO, I think Arle is a frontrunner for Sega ATM and Cinderace is definitely in the discussion for a Galar rep, especially with Scorbunny being a prominent character in the anime.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
My only beef with Eggman is What Machine would they stick with? He could be in the Egg Mobile but there lies an issue of him being too Similiar to Bowser Jr. It would be epic if he could come in the Death Egg Robot, or the Egg Dragoon, Even the Egg Viper, but those Machines are big as hell, that he might have a Ridley Situation going on.
Eggmobile could be differentiated from Bowser Jr in many ways. Two characters using a cart/mobile thingy is hardly too many, imo

7NATOR

Smash Master
Eggmobile could be differentiated from Bowser Jr in many ways. Two characters using a cart/mobile thingy is hardly too many, imo
It could, It's just there is an Possiblity of that being the case

though honestly one cool thing they could do is Somehow create a Smash Original Designed Mech Suit for Eggman, that combines Aspects of his most Famous Inventions in terms of looks and Abilities. That would honestly be really cool, and would also kill the potential for being too big since it be uniquely designed

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If Eggman gets in, how many hours do you think it'll be before someone mods in either the Real-Time Fan Dub (which is what the announcement is from) voice or the Cartoon voice?
im so risking a console ban just to hear him say "I've come to make an announcement, Shadow the Hedgehog is a -" and also "WHO POSTED MY [NOT FOR GOOD BOYS AND GIRLS] ON TWITTER DOT COM?!"

Last edited:

MooMew64

If Eggman gets in, how many hours do you think it'll be before someone mods in either the Real-Time Fan Dub (which is what the announcement is from) voice or the Cartoon voice?
I'd give it less than two or so days before we'd get someone to make an AoSTH model and voice swap for him.

And they'd deserve a PRRRRRRRRRRROMOTION!

Last edited:

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
See, that's kinda why I actually doubt Sol being in.

I personally just don't think that, if ArcSys was getting a character, they would of given away their involvement away with the Kunio spirits. It'd be like if before Banjo & Kazooie got announced, Nintendo did a Perfect Dark or Minecraft spirit event. Alternatively it'd be like if we had gotten those Mana spirits before Cloud and Hero were included. I just don't see them telegraphing guest characters like that.
A spirit event that isn’t even the same series as guilty gear isn’t gonna stop nintendo from picking sol

Just as a at,mii outfit,spirit isn’t gonna stop nintendo from picking an arms rep

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Stage entrance: “I’ve come to make an announcement-“

Star K.O: “Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP”

Final Smash: “That’s right this is what you get, my SUPER LASER PISS”

Victory screen: “How do you like that Obama?!”

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Eggman I think might actually have the best shot out of the Sonic reps because of one little tidbit the others don't have: Badniks. The DILC isn't just fighters, they represent their whole game; Fighters, Spirits, songs, and a stage. Obviously, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow could cover the songs and stage pretty well, but they don't have much Spirits to add that they're bound to by more than just "same series." Eggman, on the other hand, has a whole plethora of Badniks and bosses to pull from. Bonus points if the title card reads Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Sonic The Hedgehog... Only for the latter half to shatter, and be replaced by Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X The Eggman Empire. As Sonic's arch-nemesis, it would be perfectly in-character for Eggman to pull that off.

On the other hand, he wouldn't have the cool game/movie hybrid design shown in the fan render and that makes me kinda bummed.
A Mii Brawler costume of Sash Lilac.

View attachment 281193
As a unique little bonus, equipping her costume makes the Mii take extra damage from electric attacks, if you know what I mean. :troll:
(I feel so bad for making this joke I'm sorry)

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Here’s a little game.
Saber - Mii Fighter Outfit or Character
2B - Character
Sora - Character
Velvet Crowe - Spirit Event
Asuka (Senran Kagura) - Nothing at All...
Rex & Pyra - Already both Mii Fighter Outfit & Spirits.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Rex & Pyra - Already both Mii Fighter Outfit & Spirits.
I read this as “Both Rex and Pyra have Mii Outfits, and both Rex and Pyra have Spirits” instead of “Rex and Pyra have both Miis and Spirits” (if that makes sense?) and I was so confused on how I’ve never seen the pyra mii and how it got in before the rex mii

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I read this as “Both Rex and Pyra have Mii Outfits, and both Rex and Pyra have Spirits” instead of “Rex and Pyra have both Miis and Spirits” (if that makes sense?) and I was so confused on how I’ve never seen the pyra mii and how it got in before the rex mii
Rex is interesting among the characters deconfirmed in the base game because he's got a Mii already, but he can be double Mii'd with Pyra and Mythra, who would have to be part of his moveset. I think he's the only character in the game who could be double Mii'd.

MooMew64

Y'know, Sonic still not having a second character legit shocks me.

Like...I really, really thought at least Shadow would've happened by now. His AT really surprised me back in pre-release. Ah well, at least we have a Mania track in the game and plenty of Sonic Spirits. A shame his second stage is based off of Lost World, though: No offense to that game (I actually like LW, lol), but there are so, so, so many more interesting potential stages that could be used for Sonic.

I want a Pumpkin Hill stage and Sonic Colors stage so bad...

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Rex is interesting among the characters deconfirmed in the base game because he's got a Mii already, but he can be double Mii'd with Pyra and Mythra, who would have to be part of his moveset. I think he's the only character in the game who could be double Mii'd.
I mean, thinking of characters who would need another in their moveset, UMvC3 Phoenix Wright comes to mind. Although not only is there no Phoenix mii in the game, there’s also no telling if Smash’s moveset would require Maya. As for Miis already in the game, it’s a stretch, but maaaybe the Persona protagonists? Similarly to Rex, they would need another character to be a part of their movesets (their personas) which could possibly be Mii’d. Although, I can see Pyra getting a Mii costume. But I wouldn’t expect the Personas, of the 3 and 4 protagonists of all people, to get a Mii unless, miraculously, one becomes a character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This means Rex gets to be compared to Battleborn by taking an L multiple times when thought it'd finally get back up. What a ****ing world

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Found this on Twitter if anyone is bored.

Here is mine.

View attachment 281151
Capcom: Leon Kennedy
Namco: Nightmare
Nintendo: Bandana Waddle Dee
Shocking third-party: The Knight
Expected third-party: Rayman

Mr. Game + Watch

Smash Apprentice
Found this on Twitter if anyone is bored.

Here is mine.

View attachment 281151
I know this is late but I wanted to do this anyways
D671552F-5AD6-48C5-8FCF-D4B60C919D7D.png

Protoman: it was between putting him, bionic commando, or phoenix wright in.
Dig Dug: I chose him because ever since I played his game on a multi arcade, I been wanting him to join smash because I think he would be a cool character to add
Waluigi: I pretty sure this one doesn’t need a explanation
Crazy Dave: ever since I saw a moveset video by brawlfan1 on crazy Dave I have been wanting him in. Plants vs zombies 1 and 2 are really fun games to play on a phone if you have time to kill. And he would have a lot of things to pull from for moveset potential.
Doomguy: it was between him and Steve. Though I wasn’t sure if Steve and banjo counted as being from the same company. So I chose Doomguy.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Pyra has a Mii costume. It's in Rex's Mii's hand.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Oooo I wanna join in too! I can't find your original post Evil Trapezium Evil Trapezium but here goes:

Capcom: Dante (Devil May Cry). This character is very unique and because we already have Mega Man and Street Fighter representation, I feel the Devil May Cry series is next up for Capcom representation (aside from Monster Hunter.)

Namco: Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia). I feel as though this character is long overdue to make an appearance in Smash. Lloyd would have a unique, fresh moveset, and I think the fact that his Mii Costume hasn't returned yet is a pretty good sign.

Nintendo: Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country 2). I would agree with you if you were to tell me that the Donkey Kong representation in Smash is complete, but I can't help but feel Dixie would really round it out when it comes to the main Donkey Kong characters. Having a Diddy-like character with different physics and unique moves from the DKC series would be awesome! Dixie has so many moves to pull from, and would be more welcome female representation.

Third Party: Crash (Crash Bandicoot). This is one of those legendary characters that would blow many minds, while also fitting the Smash aesthetic perfectly. It's not hard to picture Crash as a character; like Banjo, Crash has a moveset made for Smash. Crash is also one of the more popular 3D platformer reps, a gaming legend. I would love to see him added.

Third Party: Castle Crashers (Castle Crashers).

This game was a ton of fun, and so are these characters. If they were to somehow get into Smash, I'd imagine the character would be a gray knight with the abilities of the four main characters if that makes sense. Gray knight could use poison, fire, electricity, and ice. In addition, they could also pull from the moves of the other playable characters for more attack variety. Alternate skins would be the different knight colors (red, blue, orange, green, pink, purple, etc.) This is a major pipedream of mine, but I think they'd bring a new level of fun, uniqueness, and variety to Smash.

Last edited:

Arcane Jill

Smash Apprentice
  • ZUN himself as a Swordfighter, using a mug of beer as a sword.
The true Touhou Rep :4pacman:
Would sting if Rex got this treatment, but I would also have to laugh at the absurdity of the double Mii.

D

Deleted member

Finally took the Geno hats off my avatar. Man, does it feel great!

So, about PreMiium costumes, which ones do you want to see?
I'd like to see Candyman from Lethal League Blaze, just so there's one song by Hideki Naganuma in the game after they removed Right There, Ride On.

PLANTMAN

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
3314-3608-8898
This means Rex gets to be compared to Battleborn by taking an L multiple times when thought it'd finally get back up. What a ****ing world
Not only that but most who support elma I believe if that happened they would go crazy thinking she’s very likey to get in at this point. But I wouldn’t mind pyra mii tbh

but what they don’t know is that there’s also fiora they have to go through

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
The Pyra mii is getting released alongside the Dante, 2B, Ryu Hayabusa, Lloyd, and Sora miis for Sigurd's pack, obviously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom