• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
What even is everyone's opinion on Hayabusa?

I was supporting the guy pre-DLC season and now with literally everything talking about him and having him magically get in the spotlight, it seems really weird for him to suddenly be popular.
I'd be all for him.

About time we completed the third party NES trifecta of Mega Man, Castlevania, and Ninja Gaiden!

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

I was supporting the guy pre-DLC season and now with literally everything talking about him and having him magically get in the spotlight, it seems really weird for him to suddenly be popular.
Ryu Hayabusa is a pretty cool character. We'd finally get our first true Ninja in Smash and I could imagine him playing a little like his games on the NES with some extra moves from his modern games. i'd prefer Doom Guy but Ryu Hayabusa is still a good choice.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

He's a pretty damn cool character that completely fits Smash. All I can say is about time they finally added him.

D

Deleted member

Y'all know me. While I would congratulate him for completing the NES trio, y'all know my standards. No girl, no buy. So if he got in, I'd congratulate him, but deep down I'll be salty that we never got a woman in.

D

Deleted member

He was my #1 most wanted pick, but then I started getting more and more invested with Zhao Yun and Dynasty Warriors to the point that Hayabusa got bumped to 2nd because now he seems too predictable as of this moment. However, #2 isn't so bad since I want him in Smash equally as much as Zhao Yun; it's just that I want to see Koei's character in Smash before Tecmo's character now.

D

Deleted member

what? Piranha Plant was the least expected character this game (minus maybe Richter), how is it not impressive?
IIRC Plant was floating around behind the scenes already if you take Verg at his word, and there were like 3 different people who had already leaked him.
You can be in the know on Smash leaks but still not know everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I know theres not alot of ppl in here who believe that the Fighters Pass is gonna end with a megaton ****ing bomb of a character announcement for its end..... but im tryna STAY HYPED.

In my humble opinion, Hayabusa would not be a megaton bomb.

Crash? Spyro? DoomGuy? Dark Souls? DMC? Witcher? Assassins Creed? Sora? Master Chief? Megaton Bombs.

D

Deleted member

I know theres not alot of ppl in here who believe that the Fighters Pass is gonna end with a megaton bomb of a character announcement for its end..... but iim tryna GET HYPED.

Crash? Spyro? DoomGuy? Dark Souls? DMC? Witcher? Assassins Creed? Sora? Master Chief? Megaton Bombs.
Same.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know theres not alot of ppl in here who believe that the Fighters Pass is gonna end with a megaton fuc**n bomb of a character announcement for its end..... but im tryna STAY HYPED.

Local man prepares himself for biggest disappointment yet. 2019 colourized

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Then they confirm Sol Badguy and you go "Is this a Nintendo?"
Since we got Terry and now Sol, the combined might of Regular, 3v3, and now anime-ish fighters...

"The FGC is punishing us, Smash community says"

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
He's far from my most wanted but after playing through the first Ninja Gaiden I'd be alright with his inclusion. I know deserve and earned are taboo terms in Smash speculation, but considering Ninja Gaiden's success and Koei Tecmo's history I think Hayabusa getting into Smash makes sense.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

meh. I really don't care about him, but it won't change the fact that he's in.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I know theres not alot of ppl in here who believe that the Fighters Pass is gonna end with a megaton bomb of a character announcement for its end..... but im tryna STAY HYPED.

tfw you revolutionized video games and created a whole genre but a dude with a white hood from ubisoft is more bomb than you :drsad:

this was supposed to be a meme post but images are down, thanks smashboards

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I know theres not alot of ppl in here who believe that the Fighters Pass is gonna end with a megaton fuc**n bomb of a character announcement for its end..... but im tryna STAY HYPED.

Reminder that Smash cycles almost never ended on an objectivity hype reveal

Olimar in Brawl,
Shulk in 4 base,
Corrin and Bayo in 4 DLC,
Incineroar in Ultimate base

we've never really had an earth shattering character as our final reveal and I don't expect the fighter's pass to be any different.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
You know? I genuinely try to be really open to basically everything and point out the importance of sales to expanding to a wider audience... but everyone gets one in my mind too, and **** FORTNITE AND IT'S UTTERLY TOXIC INFLUENCE ON THE INDUSTRY. Nope, this is my line, this is the one I will rage against with fiery passion. You can put COD in, you can put Steve in, you can put 30 irrelevant Nintendo characters in, but Fortnite is my goddamn line and I'm sticking hard on that. Just nope. Nope. ****ing nope.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bayo in 4 DLC,
dude says bayo wasnt hype but goes all in on corrin smh

we live in a society

we've never really had an earth shattering character as our final reveal and I don't expect the fighter's pass to be any different.
bro you know everyone was wilding for game & watch as the final melee character

it's not like you could somehow obtain him before everyone else, anyway. i think he counts as a "last reveal".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Reminder that Smash cycles almost never ended on an objectivity hype reveal

Olimar in Brawl,
Shulk in 4 base,
Bayo in 4 DLC,
Incineroar in Ultimate base

Of bloody course. Give them a charcter that'll be just as salt inducing as Corrin.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Fair, yet the one thing we know about nintendo/sakurai is that we don't know anything....

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
but everyone gets one in my mind too, and **** FORTNITE AND IT'S UTTERLY TOXIC INFLUENCE ON THE INDUSTRY
you could say the same thing about minecraft 6-7 years ago

also damn what did epic games do that outshines the blizzard fiasco

D

Deleted member

you could say the same thing about minecraft 6-7 years ago

also damn what did epic games do that outshines the blizzard fiasco
You could say that the Minecraft community matured a bit.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Here’s a fun game: if for the next pass you got your most wanted, but the other 4 were your least wanted, and you HAD to buy the full ps ago get your most wanted, would you do it?
My least wanted a are goku, tracer, Fortnite guy and Dixie Kong and I would still take that odd if it meant I got Sackboy
I get Sanger but we get Tracer, Steve, Sans/Frisk, Edelgard?
Definitely not worth it. The characters that we got are good aside from pissplant. And I definitely couldn't trade my boy Terry for anyone.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I don't know if this has already been brought up, but Sabi recently posted this to PapaGenos' and her own Discord:

This Facebook link was also posted alongside it.

Sabi also further commented on it. Here are some interesting tidbits. I'm using quotes since image uploads are broken for the umpteenth time.

While no Sora is disappointing, I ****ing love Scribblenauts so Maxwell would more than make up for that.
Anyone could link to that Facebook post. If it's the same guy who made that post, why wouldn't he make another Facebook post saying he just made a leak on 4chan?
Okay but if Sabi's to be trusted Jonesy is actually going around the rumor mill, which is just wild.

Is it bad I actually kind of want Jonesy now that I've thought of it?
She's not. She admitted to lying to get Vergeben to confirm or deny her fake leak.
All I'm saying is that Nintendo's recently worked with Warner Brothers on Detective Pikachu, and Mario and co. have already crossoved over with Scribblenauts.

I'm not saying Maxwell's in, but he's in.

Also another leakerdude is supporting the 4chan leak.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So if this second-hand account is accurate, Brew claims PapaGenos found his twitter (what's that mean?) and that he/she leaked Piranha Plant. Where's the link to this twitter post? Where's a post on that twitter account saying he's Brew?
Apparently, this guy leaked everything from the latest Nindies and said Terry Bogard was in Smash after the SNK leak. Also, people were sus about him apparently being Sabi's alt or something.
I Believe this other Dude is Sabi's Alt Account. I Believe they were the ones to confirm Terry was in even before Vergeben did
Sabi is a liar, so if it's her alt, it can't be trusted.
The brew guy was in the SourceGaming (at least he says it was him, he posted some stuff that makes me believe it is him), and the info he gave there contradicts the info in the 4chan post.
Here's what he said.

• Ryu is coming in 2019 so probably isn't a part of Pass #2.
  • There's 5 more after pass #1 finishes.
  • Geno he believes is a joke due to how he was told, but he doesn't know.
  • Past Ryu/Geno he doesn't know anything else.
  • He believes Doomguy is in, but wasn't told in that case.
  • His source is in the credits of a recent Nintendo game (he said which, but I won't be).
  • He DIDN'T know about Hero or Terry.
I don't think the 4chan post is real and some of what Sabi says is sketchy.
A guy saying he's Brew (who we have no proof is anyone we should listen to - see above) made some other "leaks." K
>Maxwell

Well at least the DS era would finally get some love.... :ultlucario:
Maxwell is good, but have you tried NEKU?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Hype is subjective.

For me, Ryu Hayabusa is a big enough character to end the fighters pass on a well note, of course this feeling is not shared by everyone. But I just want to remind everyone who thinks Ryu Hayabusa is underwhelming and anti-hype that there's a group of people who think he's the best DLC addition so far. There is not a single character that can satisfy everyone.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
dude says bayo wasnt hype but goes all in on corrin smh

we live in a society

it's not like you could somehow obtain him before everyone else, anyway. i think he counts as a "last reveal".
tbh, I somehow completely forgot Corrin and Bayo were revealed during the same presentation lol.

fixed my post.

bro you know everyone was wilding for game & watch as the final melee character
this is referring to pre release. I didn't count the unlockables.

D

Deleted member

Hype is subjective.

For me, Ryu Hayabusa is a big enough character to end the fighters pass on a well note, of course this feeling is not shared by everyone. But I just want to remind everyone who thinks Ryu Hayabusa is underwhelming and anti-hype that there's a group of people who think he's the best DLC addition so far.
Yeah, I could see that.

But this does leave me lonely that we got an all-male pass, and before anyone starts discussing, I've set my expectations as low as Tartarus for Season 2.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Hype is subjective.

For me, Ryu Hayabusa is a big enough character to end the fighters pass on a well note, of course this feeling is not shared by everyone. But I just want to remind everyone who thinks Ryu Hayabusa is underwhelming and anti-hype that there's a group of people who think he's the best DLC addition so far. There is not a single character that can satisfy everyone.
There's also how the people who wanted Bayonetta in the Smash 4 days were super passionate about it, and she ended up being the ballot winner against all odds.

D

Deleted member

Quote me on this. We're getting Three Houses for Pass #5.

D

Deleted member

There's also how the people who wanted Bayonetta in the Smash 4 days were super passionate about it, and she ended up being the ballot winner against all odds.
Yeah, love the fanbase who managed to go for her inclusion.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Hype is subjective.
To a certain point, sure....

But compare Joker, Banjo, or San's reveal in Smash compared to Terry's or even Hero's.

You can't deny that some characters create a bigger hysteria when added to Smash than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom