• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

And seriously, giving out schedules like that? I doubt it. Leaker just got to excited so he probably wanted to start leak season early. Plus, we have fallen for an unsourced leak before.

Some people would ask for his source. In the words of a great Filipino meme:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I'm just baffled by one choice why Claire and not Jill?

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Jonesy, Claire Redfield, Maxwell, Chosen Undead

This comment on 4Chan sums up what I think of that lineup

"Ryu as a solid end to the fighters pass"
"All that garbage after him"
"yikes"

Claire ain't that bad though.

KatKit

Smash Lord
If it happens it happens; if it doesn't, it doesn't. We won't know until fighter #5 or 6. Personally, I'm not going to entertain it much, but I will say this: IF it's true, it's not the worst thing ever. They're not my most wanted, but I'm down for most of those characters, and the one(s) I'm not would have interesting movesets anyway that I'd love to use in Smash.

Also, Claire is awesome, fight me, Gwen. D:<

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here’s a question: what would you do if your most wanted got in smash?
None of the characters I wanted to see are in Smash yet. I can't believe I'm saying this but Zhao Yun is now my most wanted pick, and I'd be so inclined to brag to all the naysayers who dismissed Dynasty Warriors in Smash how wrong they were if he gets revealed.

As for the apparent leaks, Yeah there's way too much info on there for it to be real. It's the biggest cliche in most leaks nowadays.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
This post aged really ****ing well.

I'm actually surprised Fortnite hasn't been given much of a glance in terms of speculation. We talked about Tracer and other relevant characters, yet we forgot about Fortnite of all games. Epic does have a good relationship with Nintendo, so much so that the Nintendo twitter account tweeted about the Fortnite black out. Now does this contribute to a character for Smash Bros? Maybe and maybe not, but I feel like this is an addition that people have overlooked and it might blindside everyone if it happens.

D

Deleted member

Only time will tell I guess.

Although 4 post pass characters? Is that all he knows or are there more? Or is it just because that fills up the current css?
Shame I couldn't upload a pic but I was going to post the Advance Ako mag Isip meme.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
All I'm saying is that Nintendo's recently worked with Warner Brothers on Detective Pikachu, and Mario and co. have already crossoved over with Scribblenauts.

I'm not saying Maxwell's in, but he's in.

Also another leakerdude is supporting the 4chan leak.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All I'm saying is that Nintendo's recently worked with Warner Brothers on Detective Pikachu, and Mario and co. have already crossoved over with Scribblenauts.

Ponycorn, grasping straws? The insanity.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Maxwell - Nice.

Everything else -

“Where the frick is Steve?”
tfw fortnite gets in before minecraft, the top selling game of all time

would feel a little bad getting the 2-year old game over the game that's lasted 10+ years i'll be honest

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Also another leakerdude is supporting the 4chan leak.
Who is this dude and why are they important

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Here's another bit of insider information from Sabi's server. Not necessarily related to the 4chan leak. Quoting again because image uploading here is more spotty than all 101 Dalmatians combined.
That's more believable, if only because it's piggybacking on Hayabusa and only risking it for a character that's highly demanded anyways.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I just can't buy this leak it has someone I want but I can't buy this I just can't bite

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So good ol' Jonesy Fortnite's been amuck in the rumor mill, huh?

So this is the reality we're living in...

I'll take 10, please

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Who is this other leaker dude and why should I care what they post?

EDIT: Gwen already said it.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Like I really want Steve as a fighter, but if Minecraft doesn’t even get a spirit I’m gonna be very disappointed.

I think Fortnite is kinda cool and the default dance meme is funny, and my younger brother plays it so he’d likely think Jonesy in Smash is cool (even if he doesn’t play Smash very often), but not gonna lie it’d make me feel like a hypocrite even if I’d soon get over it and probably enjoy Jonesy anyway.

And I’m kinda mad at myself because Fortnite has nothing to do with Minecraft yet I’m feeling something I’ve been heavily disagreeing with...gosh dang it. Meh, it’ll subside...it already is honestly, like I have nothing against Jonesy it’s just...I don’t know...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who is this dude and why are they important
Apparently, this guy leaked everything from the latest Nindies and said Terry Bogard was in Smash after the SNK leak. Also, people were sus about him apparently being Sabi's alt or something.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Maxwell is just such a bizarre choice to me. I mean, there are so many western characters to choose from, like Doom Slayer, Crash Bandicoot, Lara Croft, Gordon Freeman, Master Chief, etc. But they go with Maxwell? It's hard to buy it tbh.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So it's safe to assume that according to that "leak", Sakurai saying "Adding more characters to please the fans" was mistranslated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom