• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ahhh, but Travis is disqualified because of the Daemon x Machina spirit, they're both owned by Marvelous
Ahh dangit, that pesky Daemon X Machina! That would also kill Story of Seasons now that I think about it. Are you sure that Marvelous owns the IP though? I thought Grasshopper did.

Hmmm, I kinda wanted to have an anime swordfighter there. Sora counts on a technicality but I do honestly see him as Square Enix.

I guess Dovahkiin from Bethesda or Geralt from CD Projekt Red. But that would be three Western characters so it's overkill.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ahh dangit, that pesky Daemon X Machina! That would also kill Story of Seasons now that I think about it. Are you sure that Marvelous owns the IP though? I thought Grasshopper did.

Hmmm, I kinda wanted to have an anime swordfighter there. Sora counts on a technicality but I do honestly see him as Square Enix.

I guess Dovahkiin from Bethesda or Geralt from CD Projekt Red. But that would be three Western characters so it's overkill.
Geralt originates from a book anyway.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Grasshopper makes them, Marvelous owns the IP, like how Platinum makes Bayonetta but SEGA owns the rights
Also who cares about overkill this is one fans have to accept

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Game idea. You get to pick a fighter pass of 5 all by yourself but there's 2 catches. 1: They have to be third party. 2: They cannot be owned by a company that already has a representative in the game, be it a spirit, mii costume or fighter

My choices here:
1: Miriam Bloodstained from 505 Games
2: Phi from Zero Escape, Aksys
3: Doom Slayer from Bethesda/id
4: Sol Badguy from Arcsys
5: Crash from Activision
I'll probably go with:
1. Gordon Freeman from Valve
2. Reimu Hakurei from Team Shanghai Alice
3. Crash Bandicoot from Activision
4. Doomguy from Bethesda
5. Sol Badguy from Arcsys

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Stage Builder Theory thought up by me and Noipoi himself.

Remember during:ultjoker:gameplay reveal. There was a stage with an witch and dragon predicting:ultbanjokazooie:and:ulthero:

:smirk:
Smash Ultimate logo (I know this sounds dumb, but maybe Master Hand?)
Switch Maze (Character that originated on Switch?
"Dot Mario"
Screw Attack
Ultimate Chimera (Porky?)
Lava ruins
Arwing in asteroid field
Super Mario Bros. 3 Title Screen
Witch (Banjo & Kazooie)
Kirby's Adventure
Mario jumping
Dragon (Hero)
"Temple of Zelda"
Another dragon
Sky islands
King Boo?
Fish picture
Piranha Plant in pipe
Post-Teleport Ness
Presents
Menu icons
Space
Beach
Arsene's face
Pinball machine
Yoshi eating fruit
"Waterfall bridge"
Dr. Mario
Salmonid
Hamster wheel
Meta Knight boss room
Bird looking out window
Link walking
Teleports and chambers
Rosalina & Luma
Fish bowl
"Robosaur"
Dragon skeleton
Chameleon
???
???
"Small bird"

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Glad to see Chell and Gordon. Such a huge Valve fan and I don't really get why Heavy is their most supported character.
Probably because the cartoony aspect of it is more appealing to Nintendo fans. But I'm team Freeman all the way.

Last edited:

Nquoid

Smash Ace
Game idea. You get to pick a fighter pass of 5 all by yourself but there's 2 catches. 1: They have to be third party. 2: They cannot be owned by a company that already has a representative in the game, be it a spirit, mii costume or fighter

My choices here:
1. Doomguy from Bethesda
2. Tracer from Activision Blizzard (just gonna ignore... a lot)
3. Chell from Valve
4. Sol Badguy from ArcSystems Works
5. Ryu Hayabusa from Koei Tecmo/Team Ninja (if he's allowed.) If not:
5a. Professor Layton from Level-5 (if DQVIII doesn't count)

Otherwise, The Knight from Hollow Knight?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Glad to see Chell and Gordon. Such a huge Valve fan and I don't really get why Heavy is their most supported character.
Because Team Fortress 2 is the precursor of the hero shooter and the Heavy is the face of the game. Solider, Scout and Spy get more lines and gags in the comics though.

Half Life is what almost all fps games with more story than "go to place and shoot the bad men" owe themselves to but Gordon Freeman never had much of a character. Still, lack of personality never effected a chracter's chances in Smash.

D

Deleted member

I think if a Valve character was more seriously considered Gordon and Heavy would be neck-and-neck with eachother.
I love Portal but I just can't see Chell working as a fighter, and Dota has about 30 different "face" characters so choosing just one would seem like a waste.

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Here’s a question: what would you do if your most wanted got in smash?
Well so I have a most wanted and dream pick.

Most wanted would be Isaac from Golden Sun. If he was revealed, my reaction would be similar to my wife's reaction to Banjo and Kazooie. We both leapt from our couch with an emphatic, "Yes!" Our outburst was enough to unnerve my 2 year-old and cause my lab to bark. But she cried. Yep. A little tear found it's way down her cute, stupid cheek. (I got emotional too watching her, but I didn't let any water loose.) With Isaac, it would be the exact same thing.

For my dream pick though - Scorpion from Mortal Kombat - I would scream like a banshee. He's on that "it could happen but probably never" fence, so his inclusion would be epic. Tears. Definitely tears. Multiple. Um...probably rewatching his trailer every day until his release. I would talk about it A LOT, especially to people that don't care about the game at all. Then when he came out, I would consider having a new main (sorry, Mewtwo).

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319

My choices here:
1.Crash (Crash Bandicoot/Activistion)
2.Doomguy (DOOM/Bethesda)
3.Spike (Ape Escape/Sony)
4.Scorpion (WB Games)
5.Layton (Professor Layton/Level 5)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

My choices here:
1. Chell or Heavy - Valve
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Doomguy
4. Reimu - Touhou Project
5. Cuphead - StudioMDHR

SKX31

Smash Master
Cause TF2 is the one people constantly play due to being a F2P multiplayer game probably
*About to raise the objection that both Dota 2 and CS:GO are F2P as well.*

*Realizes GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 's point. And the fact that those games are played by very different crowds from the Smash one and they're very, very on their own. Would argue that the former could fit thematically though.*

I think if a Valve character was more seriously considered Gordon and Heavy would be neck-and-neck with eachother.
I love Portal but I just can't see Chell working as a fighter, and Dota has about 30 different "face" characters so choosing just one would seem like a waste.
I'd differ and say that Chell could work, but would need loads of tweaking. Also, Dota fans would be plenty happy (as in Sans ecstatic) with an actual character and likely wouldn't mind a Mii Costume. I still agree Gordon's the most likely, but I feel that he has a leg up because Sakurai confirmed likes him and Half Life 2.

Last edited:

Nquoid

Smash Ace
I want Chell almost entirely because I want that mechanic in Smash. Like Tracer actually.

Time warping and portals would be crazy additions

SirCamp

Smash Ace

My choices here:
Hmm interesting idea. Though I dislike the spirits part because I want Story of Seasons more than anything...

but I guess I would say:

1. Crash or Spyro (either would be cool)
2. Sora, since apparently that works
3. Professor Layton
4. Suezo from Monster Rancher
5. Spike from Ape Escape

Edit: aww I got beaten to the punch regarding Spike. Ngl I had to sit there thinking for a while about who to add and then it hit me that I could go with a Sony owned character because why not. So Spike it was.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

My choices here:
1: Gordon Freeman from Valve
2: Bimmy Billy And Jimmy from Arcsys
3: Crash from Activision
4: Dovahkiin from Bethesda
5: Untitled Goose from House House

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Quote from Studio Pixel/Nicalis (Yes, he needs Nicalis :()
Gordon Freeman or Heavy from Valve
Uniracer from Rockstar
Professor Layton from Level-5
Chase McCain from Warner Bros./TT Games/LEGO (yes he's third-party)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Quote from Studio Pixel (doesn't need Nicalis)
Gordon Freeman or Heavy from Valve
Uniracer from Rockstar
Professor Layton from Level-5
Chase McCain from Warner Bros./TT Games/LEGO (yes he's third-party)
Nicalis owns Quote though, they added a fineprint that screwed the original owner over. Either way, still fits in the criteria

Flyboy

Smash Hero

My choices here:
Phi would be such a nuts addition. I've never really wanted a ZE character in Smash unlike Phoenix but I can't lie I'm super curious as to how one would work. Somehow I don't think her final smash would be E-rated.

1. Professor Layton (Level-5)
2. Sol Badguy (Arc System Works)
3. Emily Kaldwin (Bethesda)
4. The Knight (Team Cherry)
5. Marina Liteyears (Treasure)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Phi would be such a nuts addition. I've never really wanted a ZE character in Smash unlike Phoenix but I can't lie I'm super curious as to how one would work. Somehow I don't think her final smash would be E-rated.

1. Professor Layton (Level-5)
2. Sol Badguy (Arc System Works)
3. Emily Kaldwin (Bethesda)
4. The Knight (Team Cherry)
5. Marina Liteyears (Treasure)
Just make her floaty and let her vibe check with dropkicks and we good lmao

SNEKeater

Smash Master
My 5 maybe would be something like this:
1. Travis Touchdown
2. Doomslayer
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Sol Badguy
5. Reimu/Layton/Hayabusa

I'm not necessarily a great supporter of some of them, but if the list is about new companies for Smash I think something like that would be really cool, for me at least. I've never played Touhou, Layton or No More Heroes, but I think they're cool characters and interesting characters and I'd be totally fine if they join Smash.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord

My choices here:
1. Doom Slayer (Bethesda)
2. Carmen Sandiego (The Learning Company)
3. Crash Bandicoot (Activision)
4. Professor Layton (Level 5)
5. Sol Badguy (Arcsys)
EVO 2020 Grand Finals on Tilted Towers. You read it here first.
Okay but consider: do we really wanna live in the timeline where Ninja wins EVO and is one of the top Ultimate players?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
1. Doom Slayer (Bethesda)
2. Carmen Sandiego (The Learning Company)
3. Crash Bandicoot (Activision)
4. Professor Layton (Level 5)
5. Sol Badguy (Arcsys)

Okay but consider: do we really wanna live in the timeline where Ninja wins EVO and is one of the top Ultimate players?
Ninja won't attend as soon as he seen women there so no need to worry about that

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Shinobi.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Shinobi.
What’s it translate to?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Shinobi.
I uhhh.
I can't read this, what does Shinobi have to do with it?

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
1-Professor Layton (Level 5)
2-Doom Slayer (Bethesda/Id Software)
3-Crash Bandicoot (or Spyro as a personnal preference, Activision)
4-Reimu Hakurei (ZUN)
5-I honestly have no idea, I guess a fighting game character like Sol Badguy or Scorpion
It looks like a lot of us have similar expectations regarding new companies in Smash :)
It's really hard to choose characters with such limitations because the companies already in Smash have soooo many characters that could make it in as well...

Also if Professor Layton made it in Smash I would be crying on the spot.
Literally.
It would be the most exciting and emotional moment of my life, and I really wish that the day my dream comes true, my best friend is here with me to react to it :')

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
What’s it translate to?
Something about Sakurai attending the Nintendo Live event, which was supposed to be a surprise, but he revealed it earlier. Also him mentioning that Terry is already on the mural.
At least that's what I gather from the Google Translate thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom