• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I don't see it happening, but Jesse from Control would be REALLY fun. She'd have cool visual effects, too.

I own the game, but it's kinda scary, so I haven't gotten very far. ^^" It's the kind of game I usually make someone else play while I watch lol.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
What’s it translate to?
"I've been in Nintendo Live from the morning of the first day, but I wanted to make it a surprise for the tournament, so I had to endure until the end of the second day. By the way, there is already a group picture of the venue, Terry Bogard. "

Google Translate so take it as you will. He's talking about his time at the event and I think he is pointing out Terry's presence in the mural.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Think there will be an announcement, or more likely, an announcement OF an announcement there?

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Game idea. You get to pick a fighter pass of 5 all by yourself but there's 2 catches. 1: They have to be third party. 2: They cannot be owned by a company that already has a representative in the game, be it a spirit, mii costume or fighter

My choices here:
1: Miriam Bloodstained from 505 Games
2: Phi from Zero Escape, Aksys
3: Doom Slayer from Bethesda/id
4: Sol Badguy from Arcsys
5: Crash from Activision
I would go with :

-Sol Badguy (arksys)
-Ryza / Marie / Escha / Sophie atelier alchemists (Koei Tecmo)
-Doomslayer (Bethesda ID)
-D.va (Blizz mostly went for D.va instead of traces coaus i tough that having a mecha would be friggin cool)
-Heavy Weapons Guy (Valve)

Honorable mention, The knight from hollow knight and Cadence fron the crypt of necrodancer.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Sakurai used kanji 忍 which means ninja.
The grammar isn't off but still sounds weird and pretty distinctive in that context. You don't normally use this verb.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I don't know if this has already been brought up, but Sabi recently posted this to PapaGenos' and her own Discord:
Hello 4chan, I really don't know who to tell this to but I have information on Super Smash Brothers Ultimate, this isnt my first time leaking anything, see the first reply to this post. First of all Geno is leakbait. He's being used to find out who is leaking to people.​
>Alright So The 5th fighter in the pass is Ryu Haybusa from Ninja Gaiden and should be revealed at the game awards.​
>The first out of pass fighter is Jonesy from Fortnite, He should be announced around February 2020. He has a female costume that I think was called Ramerez or something similar to it​
>The sceond out of pass fighter is Claire Redfield from Resident evil, should be revealed around summer 2020.​
>the third is Maxwell from Scribblenots, He works kinda like Hero with all the special attacks​
>and last but not least is Chosen Undead from Dark Souls, He has a Solaire alt it looks like, But it might be an echo instead. I don't know when they plan to show him off​
i was originally misled to believe geno and told some friends, but i only found out about him being leakbait a day or two ago. I haven’t said it to any friends yet.​
This Facebook link was also posted alongside it.

Sabi also further commented on it. Here are some interesting tidbits. I'm using quotes since image uploads are broken for the umpteenth time.
Sabi said:
I'm not personally saying it's all real but I can confirm they leaked pp beforehand

Yeah they seem to be taking Geno back. But I can confirm that fb post is theguys post he sent genos

Jonesy has been going around a bit tbh ngl which is why this dude also peaked my interest twice now

Well I'm not saying Jonesy is in 100% but there are people who've been rumormongering that for a while now tbh so I'm not throwing this out especially as I know this person did leak pp and banjo terry
While no Sora is disappointing, I ****ing love Scribblenauts so Maxwell would more than make up for that.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't know if this has already been brought up, but Sabi recently posted this to PapaGenos' and her own Discord:

Sabi also further commented on it. Here are some interesting tidbits. I'm using quotes since image uploads are broken for the umpteenth time.

While no Sora is disappointing, I ****ing love Scribblenauts so Maxwell would more than make up for that.
Eh, I don't trust Sabi but I'll take a look at thi-
*Claire Redfield*
... I've been doubting the legitimacy of 'protagonist MUST be first' but Claire before Leon, Chris and goddamn Jill? That's one hell of a surprise for sure

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Like I said before, any "leak" that knows too much is never real. Maybe if a leak only talked about one or two characters and only had vague detials. But other than that, no.

This leak is talking about multiple fighters and planned dates and events. I can smell the bull**** through my screen.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
No.
How would anyone have this info? Where would they have gotten the reveal and release schedule info from?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai used kanji 忍 which means ninja.
The grammar isn't off but still sounds weird and pretty distinctive in that context. You don't normally use this verb.
Alright So The 5th fighter in the pass is Ryu Haybusa from Ninja Gaiden and should be revealed at the game awards.
So, which one of you is ready to main Jonesy?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It claims Geno is leakbait. That’s an AWFULLY bold claim if I say so myself

also there’s too many spelling, capitalization, punctuation and grammatical errors for me to take it seriously

Calamitas

Smash Champion

If any of that honestly comes to pass, then I'll truly be able to say that the only DLC I ever bought for Ultimate was the Sans Mii costume.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

This is probably the fakest leak we've seen so far.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It claims Geno is leakbait. That’s an AWFULLY bold claim if I say so myself

also there’s too many spelling, capitalization, punctuation and grammatical errors for me to take it seriously
I highly doubt spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and grammar is what disconfirms this one. There are plenty of angles to critique it from, but writing conventions ain't it.
Like I said before, any "leak" that knows too much is never real. Maybe if a leak only talked about one or two characters and only had vague detials. But other than that, no.

This leak is talking about multiple fighters and planned dates and events. I can smell the bull**** through my screen.
Gematsu also had an entire list of characters for Sm4sh. It's not too far fetched if you ask me. These things are subject to change as well (see: Gematsu getting the livestream reveal incorrect).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm going back from my leave to judge this.

This is quite fake. This looks like one of the many fanfics I see online. Trust me, I've seen worse.

Nquoid

Smash Ace

Maxwell, Claire and Jonesy feel like real weird picks, especially in comparison to what we've had so far...

D

Deleted member

I'm doubting this based on Claire alone
I'm also highly skeptical of any leak with a release schedule, especially one that's that far out.

D

Deleted member

Maxwell, Claire and Jonesy feel like real weird picks, especially in comparison to what we've had so far...
I highly doubt Sakurai would go for these picks. Especially Claire. If they were going RE they'd go for Leon or Jill. That's the rule for Resident Evil for me.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Okay but if Sabi's to be trusted Jonesy is actually going around the rumor mill, which is just wild.

Is it bad I actually kind of want Jonesy now that I've thought of it?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not that I entertain the leak, but: remember we got four Heroes while expecting Erdrick. Claire being "Claire plus three others" isn't impossible.

D

Deleted member

Okay but if Sabi's to be trusted Jonesy is actually going around the rumor mill, which is just wild.

tbh I'm cool with it just for memes
If I can't default dance after bodying someone then what is even the point of video games

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット

I suppose Battle Royales are technically unrepresented in Smash brothers. I can't see building going over well in a fighting game though. Coming from a Fortnite Veteran (That's right, I have Black Knight swag) I honestly would be a little dissapointed with Jonesy. That game got too big to handle itself.

D

Deleted member

If this somehow ends up real I'm gonna die of laughter
I'll just be confused and give off a "bruh" face.

As long as that's that I'm afraid that has to be a fake. I don't trust this. I'm sorry but at least you tried. It's another bloody advertisement for "Put Hayabusa in Smash!".

I'm not gonna be rude or anything.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Here's another bit of insider information from Sabi's server. Not necessarily related to the 4chan leak. Quoting again because image uploading here is more spotty than all 101 Dalmatians combined.
Alright so over the weekend someone called Brew came in here saying PapaGenos found their twitter because of them leaking Piranha Plant on facebook the morning of/before the official reveal. BigFake and 8 were also there with me, they can confirm.

Brew claimed that 10 total DLC were planned, not counting Plant, who was intended for base game. Brew ALSO claims that none of the DLC are going be Nintendo characters/first party. They say that Ryu Hayabusa is nearly 100 percent in and that they've been hearing about him since before Joker was revealed. They also claim that one of their friends/sources joked/hinted at Geno in response to joking about Grinch Gang getting their wishes eventually, but that they still have no idea about that one and Geno may in fact be a joke.

This information almost entirely lines up with a message sent to PapaGenos a couple of weeks prior which ALSO claimed Ryu Hayabusa, no first parties, and that Geno is Wave 2 almost 1:1 exactly.

D

Deleted member

The only thing I'm taking away from this is Jonesy might happen
Everything else is bull**** as far as I care

Nquoid

Smash Ace
Here's another bit of insider information from Sabi's server. Not necessarily related to the 4chan leak. Quoting again because image uploading here is more spotty than all 101 Dalmatians combined.
This one sounds far more reasonable

D

Deleted member

I really feel cool with this potential lineup for the DLC.

I literally got everyone and everything I wanted already included, so I really can’t be mad about anything to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom