• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Maxwell would have been an awesome choice during the Sm4sh era but kind of strange now. Would be cute though. But Claire?? Like, she's awesome, but Claire over Jill??? Weird.

I don't believe this post in the slightest. Also Hayabusa is just the most softball prediction man.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Maxwell is just such a bizarre choice to me. I mean, there are so many western characters to choose from, like Doom Slayer, Crash Bandicoot, Lara Croft, Gordon Freeman, Master Chief, etc. But they go with Maxwell? It's hard to buy it tbh.
The Wii U Scribblenauts was not only a launch title, but had Mario and Zelda characters. And Warner Bros, who owns Scribblenauts, made the Detective Pikachu movie. There's a connection there.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
The Wii U Scribblenauts was not only a launch title, but had Mario and Zelda characters. And Warner Bros, who owns Scribblenauts, made the Detective Pikachu movie. There's a connection there.
But over Scorpion? Mortal Kombat is huge here, and arguably Warner Bros. biggest game franchise.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Apparently, this guy leaked everything from the latest Nindies and said Terry Bogard was in Smash after the SNK leak. Also, people were sus about him apparently being Sabi's alt or something.
That doesn't really mean much, I feel. Being able to leak the Nindies thing means that he just got to watch the video before it went life, and guessing Terry after the SNK leak wasn't really that hard.

D

Deleted member

So can we all just conclude that this leak is fake? I have arrived at that conclusion. The grammar, choice of characters, and suscpetible release dates proactively say that this is just a guy's wishlist that uses "leak" as a manner to make it seem real.

We have fallen for fake Hayabusa leaks, and this is just one. I don't want any of his supporters to be fooled by this.

While we have dismissed this as fake, it is very clear that leak season has arrived. Stay open-minded, people!

7NATOR

Smash Master
So I'm in Papageno's Discord

Apparently he think it's fishy. Pretty much It might seem that someone got a hold of the FB Post predicting Pirahna Plant (which was used as proof that a friend of a leaker had connections, and were saying Ryu and Geno were in) and used it for their 4chan post. Then took out Geno and replaced him with Jonsey, Maxwell, Claire, and Chosen Undead

Untouch

Smash Master
The brew guy was in the SourceGaming (at least he says it was him, he posted some stuff that makes me believe it is him), and the info he gave there contradicts the info in the 4chan post.
Here's what he said.

• Ryu is coming in 2019 so probably isn't a part of Pass #2.
  • There's 5 more after pass #1 finishes.
  • Geno he believes is a joke due to how he was told, but he doesn't know.
  • Past Ryu/Geno he doesn't know anything else.
  • He believes Doomguy is in, but wasn't told in that case.
  • His source is in the credits of a recent Nintendo game (he said which, but I won't be).
  • He DIDN'T know about Hero or Terry.
I don't think the 4chan post is real and some of what Sabi says is sketchy.

D

Deleted member

So I'm in Papageno's Discord

Apparently he think it's fishy. Pretty much It might seem that someone got a hold of the FB Post predicting Pirahna Plant (which was used as proof that a friend of a leaker had connections, and were saying Ryu and Geno were in) and used it for their 4chan post. Then took out Geno and replaced him with Jonsey, Maxwell, Claire, and Chosen Undead
In my opinion that's kinda stupid if you ask me. God I wish I could post this meme.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
The biggest surprise from this potential leak for me is that Fornite Guy has a name and it's Jonesy like the cat from Alien

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So can we all just conclude that this leak is fake? I have arrived at that conclusion. The grammar, choice of characters, and suscpetible release dates proactively say that this is just a guy's wishlist that uses "leak" as a manner to make it seem real.

We have fallen for fake Hayabusa leaks, and this is just one. I don't want any of his supporters to be fooled by this.

While we have dismissed this as fake, it is very clear that leak season has arrived. Stay open-minded, people!
Grammar means nothing in this business

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
User was warned for this post
Last edited by a moderator:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I wanted a RE and DS rep, and a Fortnite character would be funny as **** so I can't complain if it somehow turns out to be real.

Also, Hayabusa is expected/cool.

D

Deleted member

I dunno, we've fallen for too many Hayabusa leaks that I doubt any of them will be true. Just give them the name and use it on their propaganda and you have people flocking over.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Here’s a fun game: if for the next pass you got your most wanted, but the other 4 were your least wanted, and you HAD to buy the full ps ago get your most wanted, would you do it?
My least wanted a are goku, tracer, Fortnite guy and Dixie Kong and I would still take that odd if it meant I got Sackboy

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If there's no god we need to eradicate the church.

That's right boys, Edelgard confirmed
Edelgard is just the Echo Fighter for the real newcomer: Martin Luther.

Mortal Kombat is literally banned in Japan. It's not getting in, especially when Tekken is still left if we need a third fighting game series.
Mortal Kombat isn't actually banned, though? I don't know why people keep echoing that. Mortal Kombat X was unlocked for Japanese audiences on Steam.

MK11 wasn't even brought to CERO, it just straight skipped Japan entirely because WB Games is aware of the excess violence and that they would snuff it. Top that off with MK not being that much popular in general in the East, the first three arcade games didn't do good at all over there. Scorpion just feels like a reverse Lucas situation to me.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Game idea. You get to pick a fighter pass of 5 all by yourself but there's 2 catches. 1: They have to be third party. 2: They cannot be owned by a company that already has a representative in the game, be it a spirit, mii costume or fighter

My choices here:
1: Miriam Bloodstained from 505 Games
2: Phi from Zero Escape, Aksys
3: Doom Slayer from Bethesda/id
4: Sol Badguy from Arcsys
5: Crash from Activision

1. Crash Bandicoot (Activision)
2. Dragonborn (Bethesda)
3. Quote (Nicalis)
4. Gandhi (2K Games/Firaxis)
5. Winston OR Thrall (Blizzard)

Also, as a bonus, simply because of how funny it would be:

Bubsy (Accolade)

Keep in mind, Accolade is now owned by a Chinese company. Remember where in the world the Fighter's Pass might go for next xP

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
At this point I think it's safe to say that Ryu Hayabusa is the fifth fighter in the fighters pass. I don't know if the rest of this leak is right or not, but way too many things are pointing towards Hayabusa. Especially that earlier Sakurai tweet where he supposedly used the ninja kanji.

D

Deleted member

Keeping mind that this guy apparently also leaked PP and Banjo (neither of which are really achievements tbh) remember the guy who got all the details about Hero right and then started talking about how a female fighting game character would be next? And then we got Terry?
Or Hitagi, who said Banjo was never discussed and also claimed Katalina, Steve and a Nintendo Swordfighter were coming, the former of which they also even backtracked on?
Just because somebody got something right in the past doesn't mean they're always going to be right.

D

Deleted member

At this point I think it's safe to say that Ryu Hayabusa is the fifth fighter in the fighters pass. I don't know if the rest of this leak is right or not, but way too many things are pointing towards Hayabusa. Especially that earlier Sakurai tweet where he supposedly used the ninja kanji.
I think, but please be suspect coz Nintendo could probably turn the tables around.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
What else points to Hayabusa?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What even is everyone's opinion on Hayabusa?

I was supporting the guy pre-DLC season and now with literally everything talking about him and having him magically get in the spotlight, it seems really weird for him to suddenly be popular.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, how could you tell?

We had already numerous leaks where he was turned down and were classified as fake. Y'all believed Shifty at first before Nintendo leaked SNK.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
What even is everyone's opinion on Hayabusa?

I was supporting the guy pre-DLC season and now with literally everything talking about him and having him magically get in the spotlight, it seems really weird for him to suddenly be popular.
My opinion? I don't care for him and don't want him. My thoughts on his chances? Might be happening, might not be happening. At this point, who knows.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
We had already numerous leaks where he was turned down and were classified as fake. Y'all believed Shifty at first before Nintendo leaked SNK.
I think something thats pretty important to note regarding the Shifty leak is that very soon after that "leak", Hayabusa was announced to join a game with "Ultimate" in its title.

Its quite possible that Shifty's sources heard "hayabusa" and "ultimate" and got the news mixed up

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
IamShifty claiming he's part of the fighters pass. PapaGenos saying the guy who posted the FB post also told him Ryu is DLC. And this interesting excerpt from Sakurai's latest tweet:
Sakurai used kanji 忍 which means ninja.
The grammar isn't off but still sounds weird and pretty distinctive in that context. You don't normally use this verb.
Granted this all could mean nothing in the end. But we'll see.

D

Deleted member

My opinion? I don't care for him and don't want him. My thoughts on his chances? Might be happening, might not be happening. At this point, who knows.
Same. It's a 50-50 bet but I would prefer him for Season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom